My gf and I are designing a graphic novel. Anyone on Sup Forums have any experience with this...

My gf and I are designing a graphic novel. Anyone on Sup Forums have any experience with this? Anyone can give us any tips on it or anything? Pic related is one of the main characters

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QFe83VAocSQ
blambot.com/articles_tips.shtml
blambot.com/articles_script.shtml
blambot.com/articles_grammar.shtml
gobolatula.com/ithurts/
alexhays.com/loomis/.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>that picture
god it even wants you to kill yourself

>Raven with messy hair
Welp, you sure are gonna get the Raven fans attention

sadly no, but don't let anyone bring you down.

youtu.be/QFe83VAocSQ

I never noticed that. Kek.

No one said we were professionals m8 that's why I'm asking for help

Thanks lad. This is honestly just for fun. It's an idea I've had for a while but I don't really know how to draw. My gf is alot better and will basically be illustrating my story

Give up while you're ahead, you'll save yourself the pain of failure and wasted hours of work.

Listen to Satan, OP.

>go art school
>yeah, man, i'm making this comic book but it reads like a manga, what do you think of it?
>tell them legit criticism, but nothing too harsh
>Alright...thanks...
>mfw all these fags just want endless compliments and ignore criticism

>Satan telling someone to give up on everything

It's honestly just for shits and giggles. No one was implying we are fucking professional artists looking for a fucking pay day. We're just fucking around having fun

>Anyone on Sup Forums have any experience with
>My gf
You already lost me

Do it, sport! You guys are gonna do great things! Blow your parents away as if they were in an action movie! YOU'LL MAKE BIG BUCKS! YOU'LL BE MAKING BIG BUCKS, YA ARTIST!

>my gf
stopped reading. get The FUCK out of MY BOARD, NORMIE SCUM!

Silly frog poster, you're on the wrong board

yeah, it's that this sort of thing reminds me of when posted my art and comic here.
i got shitted on.

You're going to break up before it's finished so don't worry too much about it and have fun with it.

Have some lettering tips and guidelines from a pro.
blambot.com/articles_tips.shtml
blambot.com/articles_script.shtml
blambot.com/articles_grammar.shtml

Did they actually ask for criticism? Or did you just lay into them to show off your own sweet criticism skills and are mad they didn't give you endless compliments for it?

I appreciate it m8

For starters, I wouldn't suggest using a Western animoo style. Granted, it'd probably look a lot better than the average tumblr/noodle arm shit that's still around, but give it some more personality than just a 2008 "Learn How to Manga" book.

Second of all, you're gonna need a hook. Doesn't have to be too big of a deal, but if you plan on making something similar to a pre-existing property, do listen to the Anons that tell you 'quit while you're ahead'. No one wants to read that tripe - I'd switch from graphic novel to animated short/flick to that point. For some odd reason, people refuse to read shit, but they'll sure as hell watch it - just look at the Villainous fanbase.

Most importantly, please don't have average, run-of-the-mill characters; that should be as big of a hook (if not bigger) than the hook of the story. You can always add charm or class to any Average Joe character (be it Mickey, Popeye, or Felix), so you have no excuse of making a boring, stale-ass character.

Your image says keep working on your art.

Like. A lot.

If you have do something now:

>make a webcomic
>update it regularly
>again work on your art
>write good stories to overshadow your art as it improves
>get good enough that it gets popular
>once art and stories are good enough branch off and make a basic book and sell it at comic con booths you get invited to.
>Profit

Just do what gob did gobolatula.com/ithurts/

I was kind of expecting it. I've browsed Sup Forums long enough to sift through bullshit. Some people are genuinely cool and will help you like

Also that is just Ben 10 with animu hair. Don't do that, pick western or animu, not both.

quit while you're a-head

STOP

Either make it a novel and hire an artist or give up. Not gonna lie, if you're of an age I think you're at and this is best you can then it's too late. Work on your writing.

Then why the fuck should we care?

Cuz I still want to take some pride in this and I wanted some tips on how to make it actually decent. We're just a couple of amateurs who think we have an idea m8 and are looking for criticism to get better at it. No one is expecting anything serious out of this shit but it doesn't mean we can't take it seriously and again, have fun

see

>Don't really know how to draw
How about you start by learning to draw first then?

>calls someone else normie scum
>gets their pepes from tumblr

My gf is better at drawing. Shes doing it.

>Show someone some drawings
>They can't really criticize them beyond I like it or I don't like it because they don't really have any knowledge at all
>Push them to tell me what's good about it or bad
>They have no idea what to say

If you are right handed, draw the left-side (facing you) eye first. Right handed people have an incredibly difficult time with facial symmetry when right-side facial features are drawn first.

post some drawings from your girlfriend then
why are you asking for help instead of her?

We have a webcomic thread, you'd be more than welcome to join friend, not to sound rude, but your gf's style, in my opinion, is "boring," but it is pretty well on proportions, please, keep it up, and post in the "How's your webcomic going?" thread.
>also posting some practice drawings, because I want to ask for criticism

this but unironically
don't let Sup Forums's career shitposters bring you down

I've been through this OP, it's better not to tell Sup Forums that you making a comic, cause they'll just rip and tear you apart. especially when all you got is that image you posted.
maybe it would have been better if you posted this on the how's your webcomic thread but i don't know.
i already know you said you girlfriend is drawing but it wouldn't be bad to check out some andrew loomis books since there's always room to improve. here's a link to the pdf's alexhays.com/loomis/.
aside from that, you should check out the how's your webcomic thread, it has a list of helpful links that can help you out.
i've asked for advice before, and the best i've ever been given is "Just do it, or don't" and that's because it's honest.

Have you thought about investing in a tablet? You can get a decent one for $30-40. Also, as far as the art itself goes, I can't tell much from the sample, but maybe consider studying some figure drawing, even if you're not really serious about it. A little study can go a long way, and the benefits will be well worth your time.

Anyway, good luck!