Unsounded

Snake guy seems alright

Other urls found in this thread:

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/world/index.php?title=Senet_beasts
rainwvalker.tumblr.com/post/139520054947/two-things-1-what-exactly-is-the-foi-hellick
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is that the Queen's aldish love toy?

Is that Koh the Face Stealer?

oh jeeze it is.

What the fuck is going on.

>those fang marks in his neck
Oh this cannot be good.

They turn you into will-less sock-puppets.

And here I thought the pages with the queen and her stupid technicolor dream dog were completely pointless, but it seems not.

Wouldn't have guessed that his weird sash was actually Roger Foi-Hellick in a rolled-up rug. Is he dead (and Ruck is asking Bastion to reanimate him), or is he just unconscious and soon to be another puppet of a snakeman?

Second. This is getting interesting.

I legitimately want to fuck everything in this comic.

What's with all the nagas?

The crazy meter just got kicked up a notch. We're about to enter an at least five way conflict before the whole series ends
>Cresce (Bell and whoever the fuck is loyal to the queen)
>Alderode (Gefendur and Aldish halfs)
>Blacktounges (Tittybird, Bastion and the Clowns)
>Duane and Friends
>Maybe the Mmtamont or something
>Shartes?
>Now Ruck joins the fray
Ashley does make everything inexplicably sexy. I think it's cause everyone has bedroom eyes

>Do you see my little rape

What the fuck

I'm really digging on Snek, I like the cut of his jib

Even Ruck's creepy little head-arms?

I bet it would look huge in them tiny hands

Aw sheeeiiiiiiiittttttt. look back...

That puffed collar. I though it was typical Aldish foppery but no. He's not "Soon to be." He's been. For a long time.

>controlling Bell to lead a coup against the queen
>controlling her publicly unpopular Aldish husband to further hurt her public image
What did the Sonorie family do to piss him off so bad

voice is too high pitched.

Bell is one of Ruck's puppets too, user.
Someone post a pic of his bitemarks.

If anyone else is really confused about the Ruck dude

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/world/index.php?title=Senet_beasts

He's an "Efheby" They bite and poison people and turn them into mind controlled puppets.

This is the one I could find. From Chapter 12, page 31.

I made a thing. I made a thing poorly.

Holy shit he's using the Crescian Queen's fucktoy as a decoration!

I really want to like this comic (literally for year) but the dialogue has always seemed awkward and painful to read. Maybe it has something to do with the bubble lay out?

Truly he is the fabulousest.

Well, the dialog is supposed to be awkward coming from the snake, he doesn't speak english so gud. Otherwise Unsounded probably has some of the most beautiful dialog I've ever read in a comic. Alan Moore's a bit better.

Yeah, my only gripe about the comic is that the dialogue gets a little much at times. Then again I think the gimmick with characters like Duane and Bastion is that they're supposed to sound verbose and pretentious.

Who gave Delicieu the Silver again?
I'm trying to figure out how Ruck's control over Bell fits into the overall conspiracy.

>Who gave Delicieu the Silver again?
Wasn't that all from starfish

Sharte mines, if I remember rightly.

She's a fucking spiderpaw that's all the reason he needs

Elka and/or Toma referred to the silver as the stolen Scatterstar Cache, so he took it, but did someone let him get away with it.

This.
As an added layer to the conspiracy cake Nary' is in on this too. Starfish/Delicieu/silver/Bell/ and Duane/sette/bastion are all connected to Nary' and the shartes some how.

How on earth can Sonorie possibly miss those big ass holes in his neck when they're intimate? Does he keep the collar on during sex?

>Those preposterous little M.O.D.O.K. arms!

>Does he keep the collar on during sex?
Kinky.

FUCKING SNAKE NIGGERS REEEEEEEEEE

>I FEEL it ripple the skin of the world.

I know the user that speculated that Duane and his *unique* condition is the metaphysical equivalent of catnip to senet beasts was probably just throwing theories at the wall, but seems like this one might actually stick.

Probably no sexy time for the queen right now with the trouble in Cresce and warring with Alderode. In the page that was posted Roger is even complaining about being away from her, read the dialogue.

Also could have happened recently, Ruck gets sneaked in with Roger when he's off being flamboyant and mindrapes him, then they're off to Juste.

Adding on, I'd guess Ruck's comment towards Roger as being "half-done" he's likely mind venoming him currently.

If you can't do it properly don't do it at all.

Why all senet beasts should be exterminated, exhibit A

It's the plan, remember Quigley's speech before he got BTFO by Minnow? There are no conservationists in this world.

Well, maybe Duane, and he sucks at it since he killed a Wandering Root to save a shitchild

he's like a reverse tittybird. absnake?

"male" instead of "female"
multiple of his kind while she's always been alone
is stuck outside the khert while she's stuck inside it
takes over the will of humans and turns them into mindless puppets whereas she inspires them and uses their intelligence
is perfectly fine with man reproducing and taking over the world whereas she castrates and resents her followers

Ashley said there used to be multiple tittybirds, Lady Blacktongue wasn't always the only one.

Oh fuck I never noticed. Good eye

The snake guy is great because he's not monstrous in a human way, he's outright monstrous. He's actually trying to be a human kinda monster for the humans but it doesn't work: he's fundamentally other and there's a deep sense of wrongness about his words and actions - putting aside he's physically a huge fucking creepy snake monster, of course.

It gets overwrought and grandiose so that might put you off, but the comic truly is very good.

>Ruck is pretty creepy. Don’t turn your back on him. Don’t look him in the eye or make any sudden, random movements. And never let your voice get too high pitched.

I honestly enjoy Cope's dialog and writing in general the most out of any webcomic I've read. Her prose stories, both the ones she's actually made properly for the story and the off the cuff stuff like how Duane and his wife met are miles more entertaining and easier to get into that the equivalents in things like Erfworld.

There's usually at least one page every other week or so that makes me remember why I really like this comic. I guess it's just my sort of thing, but I never thought it was awkward or overwrought.

>And never let your voice get too high pitched.
????
????!

>everything in this page
Shit just got SO real SO fast.

What's his master plan? Destroying Cresce?

Literally

I think the most impressive thing about this comic is that Ashley manages to make reading dialogue from a character like Duane enjoyable.

is that why he's so eager to touch Bastion? a wright with a connection to the khert.

is that why Efheby dislike eachothers company so much? their private khert-fields or whatever feel like rubbing sandpaper against their metaphorical dick?

>rape

I can't wait until this comic is done so that I can go back and read it in its entirety.

I cannot for the life of me remember who is who, who hates who, who killed who, why they killed, etc.

Don't get old, kids.

Same. My memory is pretty good but I've always had a really hard time with names. I remember all the little shit that happens in this comic but have characters reference things by name only and I'll be completely lost.

>needing to read a wiki to know what the fuck is going on
getting real tired of this shit

Then don't read it. It is a giant snake monster. This is all you need to know for this page and should be readily apparent, what with it being a giant snake monster and all.

This is what I do for everything. The comic tries to talk itself up a lot with flowery bullshit on the page, but the convoluted way people talk can be summed up as, "Evil man did bad now we mad. Now here is political intrigue that is intriguing."

If the comic wants to be obtuse then I say let it.

People complain about convoluted or overly grandiose dialogue but it's way better than if it were simple and clipped. Flowery bullshit is the best bullshit

So will Roger's bites become inflamed like Bell's after he wakes up?

Could Bell's bite marks actually be a red herring?

Would you rather her not fuck another human?

...What is it showcasing here? Did it kill the fuckboy? Is the fuckboy actually a zombie?

Are those blue things a headdress, or a part of his body?

The "blue things" are the Queen's husband's unconscious body wrapped around his neck.

But... but Bastion's a eunuch. So isn't his voice already high-pitched?

I fear for Bastion.

>A harem of tittybirds
Duane is lucky to not have to placate them

and he's already turned his back on him and looked him in the eyes. only thing left is for Bastion to try and off-set away. what even happens if a khert-slicing senet beast catches an off-setting mage with his snake reflexes?

I think he's using "rape" in the sense of "seizure"-- in the antique sense. It usually referred to a woman being abducted or kidnapped from her family home, in the sense of it being the "removal of property".

I don't know-- maybe it'd be the off-set equivalent of a corporeal Bastion running full-tilt into a wall? He'd have to resume his corporeal form? I imagine it'd be a) painful b) disorienting/stunning c) force Bastion to resume his normal shape.

I *hope* it wouldn't result in, you know, death.

I read it first as referring to rapeseed as in him being a young seed sown to grow discord within Cresce

>Rape
>1. a Eurasian plant, Brassica napus, that has bright yellow flowers and is cultivated for its seeds, which yield a useful oil, and as a fodder plant: family Brassicaceae (crucifers) Also called colza, cole

but apparently it also has a third use

>2. the residue of grapes, after the juice has been extracted, used as a filter in making vinegar.
>3. (often pl) the skins and stalks of grapes left after wine-making: used in making vinegar

Seeing as he was already sent away from court presumably for the rest of the war maybe he's lamenting his scheme remains half-incomplete?

on that note the 'traditional' description of the act has me wondering

>4. The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse

Did the snakeguy force the redhead to seduce the queen after he had already taken over his will? Is his plot not just to discredit the queen but to take control of the throne directly through their daughter?

Oh, that's a good point, though in the context it was said, it was a weird interpretation for me to take. His description does not exactly evoke gardening imagery.

The third use you describe is perhaps the most fitting. It seems like "vinegar" could be a synonym for some kind of revenge or scheme-- a bitter end-product, so to speak. So if his scheme is half-complete... yeah, I think that third use makes the most sense. It wouldn't surprise me if Ashley actually intended the word to be taken in *every* conceivable definition, though.

As for the conventional, modern use of the word... I don't know. When we first saw Roger, he was being very forward and affectionate in a way that kind of reminds me of how... forward Ruck is being with Bastion, here. It seemed a little over-the-top. Yes, it's not unheard of for couples to be like that, especially relatively new relationships (or ones where they don't get to see each other as often as they like), but... it wouldn't surprise me if this were the case.

However, Crescian royalty is not inherited: in fact, the Queen's daughters VERY rarely inherit the position, if I recall correctly. My understanding is that not only does the queen never have biological children of her own, they're not set to inherit the throne in the first place. So I don't think that would be a viable route. But being able to influence the queen with someone she loves, who has her ear (and her respect?) That's a possibility.

With no survivors

>Known in Tainish as 'konn', the Copper caste enjoys up to 400 years of natural life. Copper are of a ruddy olive complexion with red eyes and dark red hair.

I previously thought that Bell wanted to be king himself, but direct control of the queens daughters father means he could definitely get access to bite her later on. Bell could marry her or position her to become a future queen through political alliances with the noble houses.

I didn't think about revenge because I couldn't fathom why a snake would have a beef with Cresce.

>rainwvalker.tumblr.com/post/139520054947/two-things-1-what-exactly-is-the-foi-hellick

I can't find the post where Ashley mentions there's a rich Efheby set up in Alderode. Could Rusk be the one who started the entire Foi Hellick affair in the first place? Is he the same Efheby that pulls strings in Alderode or is he trying to make Cresce his lair since Alderode is already another Efhebys territory?

So, the real question here is does Ruck want to destroy Cresce because he's a humanaboo with appropriated nationalism, could it be because he's being pressured by the Aldish government, or is he simply bored?

I imagine an immortal rape-snek would constantly be on the prowl for new and interesting forms of entertainment.

One thing to consider is that the Queen has multiple husbands. And, I presume, multiple children. So why would the Aldish husband, instead of her other Crescian husbands, have such influence?

I don't know why Ruck would start the Foi-Hellick affair to begin with-- though, even doing that whole affair (for the Aldish involved) takes a whole lot of guts and balls to back that kind of stupidity. So, maybe Ruck really did engineer that. Or maybe the Foi-Hellicks thought Sonorie would actually provide military aid.

If there's a rich Efheby set up in Alderode and Efheby are famously territorial... maybe this is, in the end, some kind of territorial grab?

>If there's a rich Efheby set up in Alderode and Efheby are famously territorial... maybe this is, in the end, some kind of territorial grab?
Titty bird and Ruck are both senete beasts. Control and manipulation of the khert or through the khert seems to be a recurring theme. I think a territorial dispute is where this shit might have started but not where it will end. Too many crazy humans and the only 'heros' we got are a pirate child, a sub senette beast, a blind kid, a cuckold (if you ain't dead Toma) and a zombie zealot. It don't look good.

I would find it hilarious if the entire plot of the silver and nations clashing turns out to just be two absnakes trying to stake out their territory.

I think that Queen Sonorie's and Roger's daughter is the perfect heir for consolidating rulership between Cresce and Alderode. The way that Ruck doesn't seem to make any distinction between the accomplishments of Bastion and those of mankind reminds me a lot of the way Tittybird speaks about humankind. I had a theory back then that she doesn't really comprehend humans as individuals as much as the way that we would look on an ant-stack as a collective. We recognize that individual ants exist, but it's not like they're really individuals or anything more than slaves to their base instincts. But maybe it's more of a senet beast thing in general. If so then Ruck might genuinely believe he is helping mankind by blowing up a couple million humans with infested silver. What's a few ants stuck in eternal war against another ant-stack worth anyway?

Yeah, that's kind of an Aldish thing.

The dialogue is one of the best things about this comic and one of the main reasons I fell in love with it. Cope is an excellent writer and it shows most strongly when she writes Alds because of their habit of lengthy pontification. It's not just how verbose Alds are, their entire rhetorical style is elevated and aesthetic and the fact she can pull it off without it being trite is remarkable. I always look forward to Duane arguing with somebody because she invariably comes up with some poignant and eloquent thing for him to say.

Is Ruck the Bill Cosby of the Senet Bestiary?

Oh, that's just the Alds.

You get used to it, or just look forward to them inevitably getting slaughtered

From the sound of it, Bastion's alleged encounter, and Ruck's choice in accoutrements, Efheby as a species are the Bill Cosbys of the setting.

Both physically and mentally, they seem more than a little rapey

>Not wanting to get diddled by a giant immortal snakeman

If I took off that collar, will you die?

His name is short and simple sounding (well, the short version he goes by) and hers is long and mystical

If she's Tittybird, he's Rapesnek

They both rape, though.

One takes your balls, the other takes your brain.

Man, at least the water hags just eat your corpse.

>spotted the shitlord

females can't rape, you misogynist

Oh fuck

Its pretty amazing how fast things go to shit in this comic.

Im reading Ruck as having a thick eastern european accent. The cadance of the sentences and his word choice just bring that out for me for some reason.

Whatever she was doing to Murkoph with those titty-blades was not just taking his balls.

Chuckled.