Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q-8llqE6om4
youtube.com/watch?v=9p_NofO4I7I
polygon.com/tv/2017/6/7/15757826/samurai-jack-finale-reaction-phil-lamarr
youtube.com/watch?v=IoiVETkVvnQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

IT WAS HER TURN

Today, I will Fly.

>If it wasn't for Aku, I never would have existed.

Really, Genndy? We could have figured that out on our own. She could have said something meaningful instead.

Genndy can't write for shit.

Last words of a love interest are literally "TIME PARADOX LUL". A fucking exposition.

He should stick to the theme of first 2 episodes where Jack was a lone warrior and whole narrative was from visual storytelling.

Fuck Genndy and fuck Season 5

Yes, I completely agree, what a goddamn shitty ending it was. Seeing Nia, errh I mean Ashi dissappear, right after marrying Simon, errh I mean Jack, totally ruined TTGL, errh I mean SJ for me.

God fucking dammit Genndy...

>"If it wasn't for Aku, I never would have existed."
>if Ashi never existed, then Jack would not have been able to go back to the past
>if Jack never made it back to the past to kill Aku, then Ashi would exist
>if Ashi exists, then Jack eventually goes back to the past to kill Aku
>if Jack kills Aku, Ashi ceases to exist
>if Ashi never existed, then Jack would not have been able to go back to the past...

dat aku thou

this season was lit as shit, haha fuck you Nathan Rabin ;)

Genndy-"lets make the ending so shit they will do nothing but argue over it for the next HUNDRED YEARS"
>turns into Aku
>"I have finally gotten rid of that blasted Samurai"

Genndy pls

She didn't even get to marry him tho

They were together for like years though

Eh, close. Top right needs work

Ashi was a mistake.

Having her killed was the mistake famalam

We all know why he did this.

>Agagagagagaagagag

He wanted people to feel how he felt when he lost that bid

That Sup Forums has shit taste for liking this crap?

Very underwhelming ending. The last line of the show was exposition.

This

>Delete this

She should have disappeared the moment they killed Aku, man it's a co meme but yeah the quality and tone dropped after ep 4

Was this chart ever completed?

Damn, didn't even think of that. That makes that weak line even worse.

Jack probably couldn't.

It's better this way.

It's true tho tbqhwy

he landed on the prime minister? i dont get it

Flying is for angels, he wanted to fly for some reason. he couldn't fly and died

Should've had Ashi only send Jack to the past to defeat Aku. Skip the wedding, have him congratulated on defeating Aku and then have the ladybug scene. Hindsight is 20/20.

Probably shoehorn I love you from ashi and send him back and call it a night

Jack would probably stammer to get the last I love you out

kek, thanks

It only just dawned on me the massive shift in tone the first 3 episodes are compared to the rest of the season

>Have Jack struggling with Scaramouche, jobs badly against sisters but ultimately kills one
>Has to go through revelation of his first human kill. Accepts his Father's bushido code and kills the others except Ashi.
>Goes back to square one; never kills another human in the show afterwards, just more robots and animals

What a cheap trick to pull in an audience.

It's all an illusion to illusionists

Honestly. That ending turned me off. I didn't want to watch the show at all after it ended. All that build up for nothing? It's not even ashi that killed it to be fair. It was that it ended on a somber note instead of a happy jack.

Eh, I take time fixed itself by removing things that werent already there.
Or.,....
>season 5 never happened

Is he talking to jack or me?

Anyone see the interview with Phil Lamarr being salty balls because a lot of people didn't like the ending? Dude sounds like a total douche, and makes it sound like the fan base doesn't matter

What interview?

Guy could have been paid more if Thier was a season six or liked that his head Canon came true and was mad people didn't like it

Man, Jack ended up with a smile on his face. Overcoming grief is a traditional way to end samurai stories on Japan, this is considered a happy ending. Also this

You dont know what headcanon means.

To both of you, can you elaborate on the Japanese movie and what a head Canon is?

Not him, but I will explain. In Japan, it's common for samurai movies to never have a 100% nice ending, see Seven Samurais for example, there is always a big loss. This said, the japanese view "getting over the loss of a loved one, with hope of fiding them in a future life, and go on with your own" is also very common.

Also, headcanon is when a person has a theory, based on previous clues that exist on the show but aren't confirmed.

One example of headcanon would be: "Jack might fight the Guardian and use the time portal eventualy, because both exist on the past".

>Steven Universe

lol whatever, Tumblr

>nothing

nigga he got back

Its a rip-off ending of a much better show called Gurren Lagann, that is made by actual geniuses who finish their work, unlike a certain Russian-fag anime wannabe.
Hell Final Fantasy 10's ending was more fulfilling than this

Gurren Lagann is okay

DDDIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=9p_NofO4I7I

Greg Baldwin's embracing the EXTRA THICC meme so hard.

Thanks for that man. On another note, why do you think Phil was salty?

Bleach had a more "complete" ending than this. And we all know the trauma it brought to us; some will never get over it.

I dont think he was, Im not that user. I think that the user is probably projecting.

He was salty balls because his main squeeze Genndy was getting his show dissed for its half-assed ending that half of the fanbase thought was okay and the other half the was being honest.

E
X
T H I C C
R
A

What did you think? I think it left me empty that he didn't stay with ashi because she disappeared after all that build up. Can't really even watch the season because it leaves a sour taste in my mouth

>Delete this

>tfw you tell your fiancee that her dad won't hurt anyone ever again after you kill him but her dad ends up hurting you by having the laws of time take away your fiancee at your wedding and she doesn't even become your wife

No.

That last panel kek

Shaggyfag's there, too.

Greg you memelord now I actually want to hear him sing normally

Sometimes the greatest sacrifice is it's own reward

Where's the Scaramouche vocaroofag?

polygon.com/tv/2017/6/7/15757826/samurai-jack-finale-reaction-phil-lamarr

Is he right?

No but at the same time I am wrong.

>“Last time I checked, you didn’t write it or create or draw it, so I don’t know why it would be exactly what you wanted," he said, addressing fans and critics. "It’s what Genndy wanted. You wouldn't say, 'I think the Mona Lisa would be better if she just smiled. Come on, Da Vinci, lighten up. Go in and redo it.’”

Wouldn't the Mona Lisa look better if she smiled?

he's crying over his disappeared waifu

ASHI IS A METAPHOR FOR THE ENTIRE FUTURE.

IT WAS A HURT FUTURE, A BROKEN FUTURE THAT COULD STILL LOVE AND SEE BEAUTY AND BE LOVED

BUT IT WAS A FUTURE THAT EXISTED ONLY BECAUSE OF AKU

ASHI = FUTURE

LETTING GO OF ASHI = LETTING GO OF FUTURE

The Mona Lisa didn't have severe pacing/logic issues that ruined the impact of the lack of smile.

She was came off as more of a metaphor for the ability to fix a seemingly hopeless future. And this was then thrown away with the childish lesson of "If something seems hopeless, don't work to make it better, just use magic to make it so the bad thing never happened."

He died and didn't even make the headline.

Deep.
Well the whole season 5 was basically hoe Genndy went through depression, therapy and even suicidal thoughts.
Guess getting your lifeworks ruined multiple times and being forced working with Adam Sandler does this to you.

Actually, it was that love can find a way.

Love did not find a way. She was wiped from existence.

I think that you are the one being dumb and choosing to miss the point.

And a hero finaly completing his quest after more than 50 years of suffering and pain is far from what you described. It is even more stupid because time travel is not something that could be in real life, so thinking that that was the lessom is even more stupid.

Love did finf a way, the world is saved, and Jack got over it.

I understand the point the ending was trying to make in a vacuum, but the issue is that the way the rest of the season played out tainted the message trying to be sent.
If you are going to end the season with completely undoing a future, it is a REALLY bad move to dedicate episodes worth of time showing exactly how greatly the suffering planet can recover from what seems like rock bottom due to the efforts of someone willing to fight for it.
If they were so dead set on Jack erasing that timeline, they should have had the season focus on how irredeemable the future is. Unfortunately, they chose to bank on the nostalgia factor and then erase every bit of the adventures from canon, reducing them to nothing more than memories in a depressed mans eventually decaying mind.

Never again

guys Genndy was probably sick and tired of the show and he probably realized what was supposed to be a straight forward ending started to become even more tiresome and complicated so he basically said I'm out. He was the boss and he pulled the plug on the original story(if there even was one).

And yet we have Phil Lamarr comparing CI to the Mona Lisa and saying people have no right to be disappointed.

Posting the best alternate ending produced so far:

youtube.com/watch?v=IoiVETkVvnQ

Definitely, it uses the time VERY efficiently and doesn't rely on any dialogue so it could easily be adapted by anyone.

Haven't watched this. Did they ever address the whole "going back in time is effectively Jack committing omnicide" thing?

What haven't you watched?

Anything beyond the first few episodes of the original series.

Samefagging but I wanted to add that the method of bittersweetness is alot more satisfying.
>Taking away a boatload and then giving back a small but impactful part of said boatload
Is way better than
>Giving a truckload and then taking away the truckload by loading it onto a boat(with boatload) and taking it all away, leaving you with scraps