Superman #24: Black Dawn

"Apprentices of Anarchy"

As his nation descends into terror and neo-facism, Manchester Black decides to set his sights on influencing the All-American Boy from the other side of a defunct Multiverse.

youtube.com/watch?v=LdPyYze2NIA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=65q6H3LC46U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sorry, Young Justice fans.

I'm not complaining but why Gorillaz?

My world's darker than the young black dream
Of the first black prince of a new white king

Telepaths/Telekinetics are pricks.

What about her leg though?

I love the purple eyes.

I always liked his sister more

You say that all the time.

It's the little things.

nice trick kylo

Fair enough.

>What about her leg though?

>"How can they not see the truth?"
>"They're just seeing what someone else wanted them to... like us."

Tomasi isn't exactly being subtle about it.

Here's a better one.

Manchester, given how you can't even stop a couple of dudes with knives and a nail bomb, you'd have about as much luck beating dark side as a fart would against a blazing forest fire.

I have an honest question: didn't Manchester Black commit suicide because he realized that he was more of a villain than a hero at the end? Did he forget that?

You got to give it to Jon. Even when up against a guy who knows their secret identity, he's professional enough to keep using codenames in case someone else comes into the room.

Meanwhile, Damian can't stop calling Batman "father." It's not neon lights spelling out BRUCE WAYNE in blinding capitals, but it's a clue.

Don't worry, user. One day, the liberal media will get theirs.

Tut-tut. The British are beyond reproach. The real menaces here are the tweets made by the President of the United States of America!

Manchester BLACK'd!

>The real menaces here are the tweets made by the President of the United States of America!
the only menace is dying brain cells from lack of covfefe

top kecks

Welp, at least his shoes are nicer now.

Thanks for the storytime

was before new 52.

Damian's either going to really enjoy this fight or really hate it.

That's all for this issue! See you next time for the Extra-Sized Super Son-Rise!

Have concept art of a dropped Rebirth Manchester Black design drawn by Gleason himself!

It's all French to me!

Thanks for reading! And for the dubs.

Manchester Black is a lot like Mr Freeze. He's a cool villain with a neat hook but it's not the kind of thing you can really stretch out. His character had the perfect sendoff in Ending Battle so I'm not really sure why they brought him back.

That art change.

>What about her leg though?
I'm honestly very worried about this.
BTW thanks a lot for the storytime.

>I'm not really sure why they brought him back.
The idea of him trying to make Superboy into an 90s edge-lord type of hero is completely in character for Black, and since the main theme of this entire run has been Superman trying to impart his values to Jon, Black is pretty much the ideal villain for the story Tomasi's been telling.

So if they have to ret-con his death to bring him back, well, it's not like that's never happened before. The Universe has been reset twice since his death.

It is, yeah, but he already committed suicide over his own angst with Supes - feels kind of... stretched, from a story POV to have it here again.

lol he went straight for the lobotomy

It'd make more sense if Jon actually showed any inclination to the "dark side" or killing.

We already know he's too pure good to be swayed.

>yer gobblin me knob kid

I love both Gleason and Mahnke, but they do not mesh well together

Hey! She turned out good! Maybe there's still a chance for her to be with Jon!

jon is for damian buddy

He has a fair degree of aggression in him. Best seen in the opening arc and through a bit of Black Dawn.

Also, Damian brings out the worst in him in Super Sons (also written by Gleason) not from trying to Darth Vader him but by simply being a jerk, so Jon's got an edge, but whether he manages to overcome or embrace it is still up in the air.

10/10 costume , I think they finally nailed the redesgin.

Probably hate it, despite being a jerk to him he has a soft spot for Jon and doesn't want to physically hurt him.

Jon and Damian share their lays. It's not gay.

Do you mean share their clothes?

Who?

Miss Martian

Oh, I thought you were saying that those characters were Young Justice characters.

I really wish these two would hang out more outside of Super Sons.

He looks balding instead of just shaved.

wew that picture
they're gonna have a TT issue/arc

Still a Super Sons arc though.

I disagree. That page just emphasized how much Superman's costume is missing the red briefs

I bust a gut.

It's like that one One Punch Man comic where she's thrown in the trash where she belongs

I never read her as Miss Martian I just thought that she was a genetic green alien

He's referencing the fact that a lot of people HOPED Katie would turn out to be Miss Martian, (and that her grandfather would be Martian Manhunter), but this issue has finally confirmed once and for all that they're new characters.

Kathy and the farmer are not irredeemadly evil.

Kathy x Jon might still happen!

good boy

Maybe Lois and Clark will adopt Kathy?
>Jon, what have I told you about using x-ray vision on your sister?

There was also the time Damian gave Maps a Batarang in his Gotham Academy appearance.

Kid cant keep a secret to save his life.

Which fetish is this? Because whatever it is, I have it

I wonder if Manchester Black was messing with Jon's powers to begin with when Goldie got fried.

What do potato chips have to do with Kathy?

Krypto's a good boy.

>Jon-niichan

So the entire town is ayyliums Black rescued and brought to Earth.

This is my favorite panel, that was pretty bad ass.

>yet another vanilla love interest
>turns out to be a martian

what a fucking upgrade

very solid pencils from mahnke

>Superboy Black
Superboy Rose when?

ha.
the tree being on fire was not in the script. The artist drew that. I was wondering when coloring it... thought it was odd it was still burning.

I love that it was addressed in the final dialogue.
Its actually pretty common for script changes/dialogue change after the art is turned in.

>It really is Miss Martian

Did you forget when he immediately wanted to kill Eradicator?

Jon is a child, and children are prone to using the easiest method of doing something.

Nah, just a different alien girl.

Still cute.

This cover art is good but weird. Seems like there's two different art styles going on at once. Manchester looks more detailed and realistic and then Jon looks more cartoon-ish like he does in Supersons.

BLACKED

Where the fuck is the other cover?

Doesn't krypto have powers too? Shouldn't Blacks hand have been crushed?

Tk field I guess, same reason why he didnt turn into goo the minute Clark punched him

He's taking Superman pounding on him fine too, he's obviously got a telekinetic field or something.

And there go my sides, up up and away

corruption/mind control with a side of symbiote suit stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=65q6H3LC46U

>Going straight for the brain
Ah Superbro

user... You're gay.

The speech bubbles in panels 2 and 3 are KILLING ME. How are you supposed to flow from ending of the insert panel to higher up on the other side of the page to continue reading the same sentence? That's plain terrible.

Well it worked the first time.

I wanted to corrupt young John

Bumping

So there's a little Superbro still there after all. Haha fucking Black, what a glorious asshole.

Rip and tear Krypto!

it didn't work in final battle though, but this looks like a fresh manchester black, not the same one he faced the second time.

Just like Japanese cartoons

I'm really liking him here. Having Clark and Manchester fight over influencing Jon makes a lot of sense.

>this triggers the Damifag

Thanks for the dump.

>Bad guy in black?
>as always
>Batman wears black

Wow Clark

Mahnke is fucking garbage, why do people like him? Gleason is the superior artist for this book.

Wait, so is it me or Black knows about manhattan or the dark multiverse? HeS warning about a threat from outside the universe

Also, Tomasi's Black feels a lot more justifiable than Kelly's.

Nevermind I hadnt reached the part where he controls Jon.

Kek what a prick.