Dr Strange VS Constantine

Who would win?
Would they work well together?
They are both smartasses so do you think they would get along?

Is constantine actually powerful as a magician?

as far as I'm aware, I believe so. I mean it could just be another book he found, hell I bet Batman could too

He's not.

Since the New 52 they've been pushing him as powerful for some stupid reason but even there he's not that good.

Dr. Strange is the greatest sorcerer in the Marvel U. His DC equivalent would be Dr. Fate, not Constantine.

yeah that's fair, I dodn't think about Dr Fate. Completely forgot about him

>Who would win?
DC/Vertigo magic is real, whereas Marvel magic is more scientific. Maybe the former?

*Maybe Constantine?

In a straight up battle of power?
Strange. Hands down.
In a non-rigid, anything goes competition? Constantine would pull some trick out to force Strange's hand.

>In a non-rigid, anything goes competition? Constantine would pull some trick out to force Strange's hand.
Came here to post this.

Say, did Strange ever face Loki? I guess it would have been the same situation.

Yes, but Loki is far, far, far more powerful than Constantine.

Nice. Do you know where? I found these but would like more.
Strange Tales #123
Journey into Mystery #107

No. Not remotely. John's a conman through and through, as an actual magician he's pretty mediocre. Zatanna does shit on a regular basis he couldn't dream off, he's nowhere near Doctor Fate or Strange either in the power level stakes, such as they are for magic.

Where he excels at is using his wits and conning the hell out of people to cheat his way to victory. He was the first person to ever sell his soul to three incarnations of the Devil, if any one of them tried to claim him the other two would declare war on them and the forces of Heaven would wipe the floor with whatever remained of Hell's civil war. In a straight up fight he gets wrecked, whether it's with his fists or magic.

Constantine is weaker but he'd win anyways through some sort of bullshit scam or double cross

>Constantine
>Not Dr Fate
OH SHIT NIGGA. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

1. Strange annihilates Constantine in 9/10 scenarios, people tend to forget that Strange acts with his wits and not power most of the time too, against forces easily equal to John's adversaries.
2. Probably, if the threat is significant enough. Steven is no stranger to dirty tricks and sacrificing innocents himself.
3. Probably yes, but nothing more than professional respect.

No, he only ever used magic once around every 10 issues or so. "Petty dabbler" sums it up rather well. And his magic is not the pew-pew kinda magic like Strange's either, it's more like Supernatural, with ingridients, magic circles and stuff like that. Constantine's real tools are his guile and wits, decieving and outmaneuvering enemies and friends alike. In a straight arena fight he would probably get squished by Strange, Fate, or any pew-pew kind of magician. Or anyone, really.

underdog always wins. you need to find two similar characters who appear to be evenly matched for things to get interesting

Well, to be fair a full-powered Dr. Fate reaches cosmic-god levels, it'd be just as unfair.

so does a full powered strange

Z even calls him on it in Books of Magic.

Dr Strange at his heighest level of power is Shuma-Gorath dueling level.

He's probably the strongest character in Marvel bar people like The Beyonder or Rune-Thor.

Don't make me fan-boy rant you, or I will.

We're talking about doctor-if I believe that's how reality works, then that's how reality works-fate.

And Shuma-Gorath doesn't care about reality either, and Dr Strange beat that guy down.

Constantine would win, but strange is more powerful.
Also, constantine works better alone, but i think they would be a desent team

As long as his cape works under the right conditions bravo Bendis

This, the best thing Marvel has to Constantine is the Mexican Dr. Strange that showed up in Powerman and Iron fist last year.

As a magician, he's competent and even somewhat talented.

As a conman extraordinaire he has no equal.
He wouldn't fight him, he'd just swindle Strange's powers off him.

Loki is an amateur conman when compared to John.

I wasn't talking about his conman skills, just his magic powerlevels. Loki is more powerful than Conjob, magically speaking, but would get outwitted more often than not, if not every time.

Constantine is not a high tier magician, despite what DC is trying to push these days. He is a god-tier swindler and con artist, though, which serves him better in the long term anyway.

>Constantine is not a high tier magician
He sort of admitted so himself.

One is a conman that knows a few spells and the other is Sorcerer Supreme of his universe and duels with Lovecraft monsters. This is basically Flash vs Quicksilver.

The reply I see whenever this thread gets reposted is "Dr. Strange wins but 30 minutes later he realizes that he's missing his wallet."

>Sorcerer Supreme of his universe and duels with Lovecraft monsters
>cannot heal his hands
>whereas our John managed to cure his own cancer

Strange cured cancer before too.

>cured cancer
>cannot heal his hands