Thoughts on Sing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nYCOA2jQ-XA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Meh...

/thread

Looked like cringy garbage. I hate musicals so I probably won't ever watch it

IHE made a good video about it.
It's a mass produced mediocre movie that appeals to every single demographic at once and makes a lot of money simply because of how cheap it was to make.

I liked it. The story itself wasn't particularly strong, but I guess the music was always the real draw, and as far as that goes, the musical setpieces were pretty entertaining.

I wish there'd been more original music, though. It's doomed to feel pretty dated in ten or fifteen years because of how much it falls back on contemporary hits.

NOW

SING!!!

wow IHE sounds like a really smart guy!!! those are some really smart words he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no need to be upset user.

i agree with IHE, glad i skipped it, actually i skip all of the illumination movies. They're not worth it.

RAH

>Sup Forums is now just spouting which e-celeb you agree with

A ripoff of Zootopia

not even close, if the characters werent animals, kids wouldnt give a damn about the movie, like, at all.

I'm really tired of seeing fucking thumbnails of that obnoxious pig on YouTube, and those thumbnails are enough to ensure I never fucking watch this shit

The plot was lame, I hated that Koala, Pigmom was hot Porcurock wasn't. fite me, Gorilla was OK. I don't remember anything else.

Zootopia and Sing only have one thing in common and that's talking animals, other than that they are totally different movies

Honestly better than I expected. Juggling so many plots certainly made it feel short as hell though, but in all honesty I enjoy it and end up going back to it every now and again.

I think the texture work and the character animation on this movie is pretty damn great as well.

I thought the gorilla was the worst singer. I hated him. His dad was cool, though.

>gorillas as bank robbers

subtle.

I like how if your personal arc can't be resolved just by singing at the end, then it's just sort of ignored.

I don't even think Mike's arc was really resolved. He literally just showed up to throw it in the face of some asshole on the street.

Unless that bear murders him.

What arcs were ignored? Even Mike got some resolution, though what it was is purposely ambiguous.

I just like that part in the commercial where that pig throws off that washing machine and yells real loud

>gorilla was worst singer
What? youtube.com/watch?v=nYCOA2jQ-XA

I just don't like his voice. I can see why people do, but I can't stand listening to him.

I don't see that why that guy hated it so much that he had to make a video smearing it.

Fuck off Rosey Rosie O'Donnell I don't want women to lose their voice you fat feminist bitch.

It was the definition of "eh".
Liked:
>the music choices
>the pig mom, she was hot
>the bank robbing gorillas
>the whole L.A. feel, it felt realistic

Hated:
>comedy was bad, less than 50% of the "jokes" landed
>the fucking german pig and the autistic old lizard, fuck i'm angry again
>the elephant
>the fact that it's gonna be a dated piece in 7 years and that it was ONLY made for the purpose of getting money
>Mike was murdered or not?
>and on a side note, I'm just tired of dumb, useless dads (like the pig dad) or unhealthy dad-son relationships (gorilla) on media
6/10