Who was in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0C4D6hpiHK8
youtube.com/watch?v=nay_NcPLjuA
nytimes.com/2010/02/06/health/06patient.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bob, until the boss laughed at the mugging outside

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Technically the boss has zero proof(i think) so he was chewing him out for no reason

bob probably shouldn't have thrown him though.

The manlet. It's always the manlets.

Actually it's less then having zero proof- Bob was doing literally nothing wrong, and that's what the boss was pissed off about.

>Did I do something illegal?
>No...
>Are you saying we shouldn't help our customers?
>The law requires that I answer no.

How do you remember anything from this movie? It came out 13 years ago.

His boss even admits Bob wasn't in the wrong.
>Did I do something illegal?
>...no.

People have the uncanny ability to create recordings of movies and replay them at their leisure. There were once things known as VHS tapes, then DVD's, and now digital streaming. Its a wonderful world we live in user

I am autism, yes.

And yet they show it every other weekend on whatever channel has rights to air it

Boss.

Bob was literally doing his job. His boss was mad at him actually doing it well, rather than intentionally obfuscating things for customers so that he'd make more person gains.

It's not hard to remember stuff from the best superhero movie ever made.

This motherfucker was literally chewing him out for being too good at his job.

Fuck, imagine how much shitposting there were in the old coffee-houses about Shakespeare plays, simply because some motherfucker could say anything about an old play and people couldn't prove him wrong. Unless they paid a troupe to put the play up again just to prove this annoying fuck wrong about what happened to a character.

You can hate someone for willingly playing a bad game. We do it all the time on /tg./

And I just rewatched it for the nth time last weekend because it's a damn good movie, user.

>/ fit /

>That man out there
>He is getting RAPED

It's a good damn movie, but I can't watch it anymore because I end up looking too much at little details after watching so many dissertations of the scene and CGI direction
Honest to god, I wish pure CGI didn't get stranded on photorealism

What RL dude does the boss look like?

They never show it in my country
Maybe I should give it another go before the sequel comes out. I remember it being good but not great.

well then lets hope it's the joker!

I just watched it again a few weeks ago. Pretty damn good movie.

Goddamn

This is some next level bait.

>no Fantastic Four movie will ever be this good

No wonder you've got shit opinions, you're a third-worlder.
Go watch the Incredibles now.

like raping a toothpick

Manlet. Bob shouldn't have thrown him through half of the building, though.

Seriously, how did he not kill that guy?

The hired the lowest bidder to make those walls. They weren't really that sturdy.

All in good time. Plus not every country outside 'murica is third world.

>you authorized black COCK in the PUSSY

But any country that doesn't rerun The Incredibles probably is.

This raises several questions.

>everybody discussing plays and politics
>"oh brethren, I verily did love when Hamlet porked his own mother!"
>everybody goes quiet
>"what art thou prattling about? Hamlet never had relations with the lady Gertrude!"
>"Fools! Knaves! I distinctly remember the scene where Hamlet returns and skewers her loins, wherefore else would she kill herself in shame?!"
>fiendish stranger in the crowd: "aye, it was clear from the beginning that the little Hamlet had been sent away because of the carnal lusts he had for his sow! :^)"
>entire place erupts in argument, the proprietor ineffectually trying to keep the peace
>End Act 1 Scene 1

There were multiple manuscripts of Shakespere's plays back in the day, often with differing passages or minor altered lines depending on the when they were performing it. The first folio edition of Shakespeare's plays compiled all the material they and the actual original performers had access to to try and get as close as they could to a definitive text. And even then they were missing like three entire plays, just nothing left.

So basically what you're saying could have totally happened.

Anyone have the pic of Helen fucking the boss?

His boss is an asshole, but he definitely shouldn't have thrown him through the fucking wall

He worked for an insurance company, insurance companies do everything in their fucking power to not give you a single cent no matter how good your coverage because it's in their best interest to not.

Let's look at cancer for a moment. There are insurance companies that when you get cancer they will delay their looking into your case until you are too far gone to get medical treatment. A good number of hospitals will not give you nonemergency treatment without having insurance backing you up, so even if you are a multibillionaire you cannot pay for treatment because it's not through an insurance company. Cancer, even though it's going to kill you eventually, is not emergency treatment.

It shit like this that happens every fucking day that makes me wish that we had the government healthcare, even if it's more inefficient densa bureaucracy I'm not to die because somebody wants to make a little bit more money I'm in a die because somebody's incompetent and I can accept that more than that I want my bottom line look a little better.

But that might not be what you meant.

>"What was your favorite part in Romeo and Juliet, brother?"
>"Art thou a flaming fruit?"

That's some heavy shit for a kids film.

Pixar has a habit of not pulling punches in their movies, they gear them for kids but they aren't made for kids, they are made for the family.

Kids see the bad guy, the adults watching see something that likely happened to them once.

Thats what insurance companies actually do though.
Helping the customer in the manner that Bob did was hurting the company. Its not Bob's job to help the customer, but to generate a profit for the company.

Is Incredibles the best capeshit there is?

Yes, by virtue of being a good piece of cinema first and capeshit second.

>"They're holding plays with moors in them now! 'tis the work of the Catholics, I tell thee!"

In addition to this, the earliest copies of Shakespeare's work was people literally going to the plays enough and making notes so that they could "bootleg" the script and either sell it or preform a rival, cheaper production until Shakespeare sent the stagehands over to crack some skulls.

We also really don't know which versions of plays Shakespeare preferred. We lost huge chunks of Macbeth somewhere in history.

If you make kids aware of what a horrible scam the insurance industry is, maybe they'll grow up into people that'll do something about it.

>We lost huge chunks of Macbeth somewhere in history.
n-noooo, that was my favorite of his plays..

The boss, legally and morally. He abetted a crime, which is against the law.

Would watch/10

Gordon, seriously. Calm down about this!

His job is to see to it that claims are filled out properly and promptly. Just because his clients are preternaturally good at filing claims just means that he can do his job at greater efficiency.

I always feel like they missed an opportunity to have his insurance refused to cover his medical costs in the end.

Filing your insurance claim properly is neither immoral nor illegal. I'm pretty sure that it's the opposite of illegal, actually.

they could have said something like
"The government is picking up his tab, lucky for him, his insurance refused to pay"

And I'm pretty sure he was talking about the mugging

I misread that.

there's a lot of heavy shit in this kids film

Thanks Sup Forums; I've got to rewatch it.
Is this the best movie Pixar has ever done?

Neutral Good vs. Lawful Evil summed up in 1 picture.

vocaroo.com/i/s0C4D6hpiHK8

Fucking hell.

the rise and downfall of a youtube pooper.
youtube.com/watch?v=nay_NcPLjuA

>we are supposed to help black people
>i'm thirsty

Ah but the subtext is the imbecilic Othello despite his standing and alleged charm is easily deceived. Then upon becoming enraged he becomes a Low born Ape, clearly thoust truest nature. Supporting the well known adage around a Moor don't rest so sure. That William Shakespeare surreptitiously taken the crimson troche. And that Iago is our man.

Anos even latin america public chanels air the incredibles at least twice a year and basic includes Disney Chanel, so probably every kid have seen it

>old coffee houses

Seeing as the first English coffee house was established in 1650, nearly forty years after Shakespeare died, they were probably just down the pub. No shortage of those in Cheapside.

>Well lets hope they dont cover him!

It's more fun to imagine coffee-drinkers talking shit than it is to imagine drunks doing it, though.

Bob was going to get fired after that meeting, wasn't he? I remember the midget about to hand over Bob some paper or something like that.

Yeah and people never rode dinosaurs. Thanks for ruining fucking everything

This is why ive been on Sup Forums for 10 years.

That laugh to himself when he realizes he can run on water is priceless.

Also The Incredibles is easily in my top five cape films.

Did Syndrome have the most brutal death in any Pixar movie?

I'd say so. Getting shredded by a jet turbine is absolutely horrifying. That said, he did murder A LOT of Supers so he had it coming.
>Shocked by how many supers got wrecked during Edna's rant about Capes. They may not have all died (or they might have) but those stories were brutal.

Worked in insurance for 4 years. Insurance companies are neither the boogeyman that The Incredibles or The Rainmaker depict them, but they sure as hell are tight-fisted with their money. A lot of the dickery involved today is partly due to insurance fraud making every company wary of fulfilling claims until they're absolutely sure it's legit. Liability is a fucking bitch.

One of the worst cases I remember encountering was some tourist from South America. Rented a car, got into an accident, and a toddler got killed. Guy wasn't detained or even had his passport held because of due process and whatnot. He went back to his home country, the rental car agency got sued by the dead kids' parents. My company was the one who had to settle the lawsuit.

I do agree that it's bullshit that I can't shop around and purchase out-of-state insurance when they have better rates than what my state offers. As for government healthcare, that works in nations with WAY smaller populations than the US like Canada or Sweden. But we have over 320 million people; some of whom have not entered here through the proper channels. It'd be a logistical nightmare to even try and attempt some semblance of order in socialized health services.

The most powerful superhero in the world died on a fucking elevator, and a teenager got sucked into an engine. The DVD features really shed new light into that death montage.

>Worked in insurance for 4 years. Insurance companies are neither the boogeyman

Fuck off you soulless cunt.

Did I say they were good people? No, in fact, it sucks out your soul to work there because of all the shit I had to put up with, hence why I quit years ago.

But still, there's this idiotic meme being propagated that insurance companies are these evil death merchants. You're assuming that everything is going to be 100% efficient and without mistakes or fraud on the claimant, the insured, AND the insurer. Out of 1.4 billion claims, 1 out of 14 are denied; the rest go through.

nytimes.com/2010/02/06/health/06patient.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

What was it like there, what type of work did you do?

What experience there made you feel the worst? The best?

He looks like that one guy, from that movie.

A mix of telemarketing, customer service, tedious paperwork about your metrics for the auditors, and other bullshit.

The worst? The time where some poor bastard got hit from behind in his car while it was parked in his OWN driveway. The driver's insurance dragged their feet for months until the injured guy (ruptured a disc) had his bills and everything settled.

The best? Some nice old lady gave me a heart-felt thank you when I processed her claim after everything was cleared up and she could finally get the surgery for her knees and make it to her granddaughter's graduation.

Deathmerchant pls leave.

>It'd be a logistical nightmare to even try and attempt some semblance of order in socialized health services.
You're just a fucking bourgeois puppet, man.

sent from my iPhone

Bob's more chaotic good, ESPECIALLY in this scene where he loses his (righteous) temper and hurts someone who's bad/immoral, but doesn't actually end up helping anybody in need despite feeling compelled to.

Pretty much. He addresses the symptoms, but never the causes.

Well can't wait to forget about this post and see it pop again in a best of Sup Forums a few months from now I can crack up all over again

Pretty sure that'd require me to screen-cap my own post, and that's not happening.

>STOP RIGHT NOW, OR YOU'RE FUCKED!

It's not even that, since treating the symptoms can often be enough. It's that he doesn't help anyone in this instance, he only hurts them, the saving grace being he hurt the "right" person.

yes

I think the real question is who was in the wrong here?

>sequel
TOO LATE! FIFTEEN YEARS TOO LATE.

Buddy.
Especially if you assume that his goal as Syndrome was always his motivation. He didn't want to be a hero because he wanted to help people and he didn't look up to Mr Incredible because he was brave and heroic but because he wanted that recognition and awe that Supers evoked.

The old lady story warmed my heart, Good on you user!

Because it's the best cape movie and the best Pixar movie.