Shade, the Changing Girl #9 Storytime

Part two of Shade’s visit to Gotham City, the first stop on her tour of America. What will happen when she uses madness to get reality to line up with her American dreams? And now that her enemies on Meta have tracked Shade and the madness coat to Earth, she no longer has to worry about how she’s going to get back to her home planet—because Shade’s home planet is coming to her!

This was not the original solicited cover

Bottom right is the reaction I had when I realized that we will find out in the September solicitations if issue #12 is the last one before the first trade even comes out (late July)

Space time-dilation can be a bitch

>infant on bass/guitar
I don't know my instruments

Still Fuck You Teacup

I wonder if the computer is actually saying anything in binary. I admit to being too lazy to check

it hurts, this is a good series

Lepuck continues to suffer

Looks like a guitar, a bass should have 4 strings

Thanks, and thanks for the bump

>feral teenagers

>Batman displayed prominently

it sort of makes sense, considering it's set in Gotham. Then again, Batwoman has had a more prominent appearence in the series than him

The end.

I already read this issue because I actually buy the series, so I'm not sure what specific post to add this to. Either way I really enjoyed this issue, it felt like classic (Milligan) Shade with how it was largely self contained and had a point about something.

>best Young Animal title
>worst sales

It hurts. I don't get why DC takes so long to get the trades out for imprints like YA that genuinely need those trade sales.

It's a very well done love-letter to Milligan Shade that is still very much it's own beast and doesn't just rehash old material. It's not nearly as dark or brutal as the Vertigo series but it doesn't have to be.

>another month when we get Deathstroke, Flintstones and Shade on the same day
>it's the last such month

To be honest I'm not enjoying this.
I prefer Doom Patrol and Cave Carson.

I feel bad for not buying it in floppy form, but I have the trade pre-ordered.
I just noticed that the price actually dropped $2 from when I last looked

This art is so much better than when Williams was on Hellcat.

It seems like they're dragging their feet a bit on all the trades so they can release them closer together, so you're not waiting 6-8 months between trades.

what's with the skellington

Love this variant.

It will never stop being a relief that a DC comic can say fuck again.

This is the kindest librarian in the entire world.

Wew, that's pretty lewd Loma

>I want a do over

Same

Lucky, the USD price is still the same

I like how the radio show from the other comics back ups got a cameo here.

That honestly threw me off for a moment.
Is it a Young Animals thing only? I can't imagine something like that said in a mainline DC comic.

yep, YA only

The sense of time you wasted just intensifies as you get older.

>It's probably ironic
Kek

YA is mostly for mature readers but this book would work better if it was rated T