Forgotten Characters

ITT: Characters no one ever talks about anymore (for one reason or another)

Other urls found in this thread:

byrnerobotics.com/FAQ/listing.asp?ID=2&T1=Questions about Comic Book Projects
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BATB had a good episode with Jr. Was pretty funny at the end when you find it's Alfred writing a story where he kills his metaphorical son and makes what is basically his grand son an orphan.

his mom was Kathy Kane right? or was it Vicki Vale?
also Vicki Vale is pretty forgotten

Because they got sued. It's a shame, too, I really liked the guy.

who did Marvel rip-off to get sued?

The former.

And someone (I think Fabian Nicieza) tried really hard to push Vicki Vale over before the nu52, up to having her figure out the Bat-family's identities and deciding NOT to reveal them of course, and then the contrivance of her being the descendant of an enemy of Ra's al Ghul... that's sorta the problem with Vicki Vale. She can never actually succeed in her primary goal of figuring out Batman's identity, or you quickly realize she's got nothing else going on.

Telltale Games recently tried to break that mold with their Vicki she was the big bad all along, and a long-lost Arkham., but it could've been executed better. Still, points for trying.

>>Charcoal was created to be a villain, by means of a Wizard magazine contest. However, Wizard Entertainment failed to establish certain legal specifics in the language of their contest rules, leaving the ownership of the character's copyright in question (Normally in such a situation, steps would be taken to ensure that, unless otherwise stated, such a character's copyright would legally belong to the comic's publisher). Furthermore, Wizard Entertainment reportedly failed to provide the contest winner with other prizes promised along with the winning character's appearance in a Marvel comic. Feeling undercompensated, Charcoal's creator attempted to legally claim the copyright for the character from Marvel. Meanwhile, writer Fabian Nicieza had decided to kill off Charcoal and resurrect him later on. Because of the legal issues, Marvel told Nicieza it "wasn't worth" bringing the character back.[1][2]

Kathy Kane, yes. Who I believe was, herself, erased from existence (And replaced with Kate)

Vicki Vale

You could count every variation of "Bruce Wayne Jr." and "Clark Kent Jr." or "Jonathan Kent" and still wouldn't have all the random kids Bruce and Clark had.

I know one of the Bruce Jrs. was Vicki's kid. The one in the OP might be Selina's

Your information is so ten years ago.

Both Kate and Kathy Kane are canonical now.

She was brought back basically in the same handful of years that Kate was created.

Hm, I stand corrected then.
That's what I get for neglecting the comics for a couple of years (still trying to catch up)

Selina's kid was always Helena wasn't it?

Actually, I think you're right. I thought they had a child besides Helena, but aside from dream/non-canon sequences (Bruce and Thomas Wayne Junior in this one comic panel, Damian in BatB's Knights of Tomorrow) I can't find any evidence of elseworlds/whatever where they had a kid who wasn't Helena.

In the old comics, it's definitely Kathy. In Byrne's Generations he left it open because he was hung up on making sure most of the characters debuted the year they first appeared in comics so he couldn't use Kathy as the mom in the timeline he set up.

>Byrne's Generations
you wouldn't happen to have a link to that would you?
I've been meaning to read it

>also Vicki Vale is pretty forgotten

She at least was in the 1989 Batman so there will be people who remember her at this point in time. I'd say that Silver St. Cloud was almost forgotten if not for the Gotham TV show (even though her characters' completely different there) and people recommending the Englehart run on Batman a lot.

I'd say Linda Page is even MORE obscure. She was in the 1943 Batman serial and then showed up in the comics, but didn't hang around long. In fact I don't know if there was ever a Post-COIE version of her.

>Linda Page
I've never even heard of her and shes the 7th result in google

Byrne's autistic enough I don't doubt that story, but I always just assumed it was his way of avoiding the tricky question of "who's Bruce Wayne's endgame love interest" altogether.

It's kind of both:

byrnerobotics.com/FAQ/listing.asp?ID=2&T1=Questions about Comic Book Projects

What were the actual reasons for never naming Bruce Wayne's bride in any of the GENERATIONS stories?

JB: Batman has never had a "Lois Lane". There have been many women in his life -- Julie Madison, Vicki Vale, Kathy Kane, Selina Kyle, Silver St. Cloud, Talia -- any one of whom is considered "perfect" by various segments of fandom. My own choice would be Kathy, but she did not fit the rules I had set up for GENERATIONS, in terms of when characters would appear. Logically, of course, Mrs. Wayne would be Julie, since she and Bruce were already affianced before the series even started, and in the "real time" world of the "Generations Universe" they most likely would have gotten married. So, with no one definite to use, I decided to play it as a mystery. Simply never call her by name. By keeping her face obscured until she was really old (or painted green!) I added a level -- one that is quite illusory, since "all Byrne's women look the same". I could have shown her face and there would have been nothing revealed! (7/8/2004)

That episode was great. Mainly because it improved on the "son of batman" idea in so many ways
>Damian is Selina's kid
>Damian isn't an arrogant little shit

Also I like that the order goes
>Bruce&Dick
>Dickbats&Damian
>Damian&Bruce Jr.

Dickbats is love, Dickbats is life

Yeah I was pretty geeked, but that summarizes all of BATB. Not a single bad episode.