Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer

How's everyone liking the show so far? I think it's pretty decent but won't hit it's stride unless it gets a second season (highly unlikely). Billy is too much like post-movie Spongebob in certain episodes. Wretcher isn't an entertaining antagonist like a Lord Hater or Doofensmirtz so you don't really care about his subplots. Marsha a cute.

First 20 episodes: mega.nz/#F!pUxjxb7S!zQ3t0gPbg4a2sGfAkVU52Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wrrP7Z_n7TQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fQ-2neAX5sg&feature=youtu.be&a
youtu.be/7YZXc3Ji0t8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is it that in the last 3 episode blocks Zeke and Marsha barely have any lines?

I think the show is excellent and like Billy would say, fascinating. It's weird, cute, funny, and has great characters. It's pretty good.

It's looks like they're trying to lead up to the civil war in the center of the earth finale

The only thing that bother me is some of the reliance on grossout stuff, I still like it a lot.
Also no mention of best characters?

rat for best character

I hope a full version of the ending theme gets released

youtube.com/watch?v=wrrP7Z_n7TQ

Same

Marsha nudes when?

Simon might do one

Marsha = Boxxy = Best character ma boi

She's adorably dumb without getting into lolsorandomXD territory

so when's the episode where Zeke and Marsha fuck

They hug in episode 7

bump

The use of "Catch Me if You Can" in episode 3 proves that there's a full version we have yet to hear.

I love that scene, felt like a comfy movie for a moment.

yeah i feel like the grossout isn't necessary

maybe if the scientist angle of billy was played up more i could accept it.

I work at an arcade and during my seven hour shift they literally played this show on Disney XD for like three hours straight. I only could read subtitles. Is it made by some guy who worked on the newer Mad show? The hand designs seem very familar.

It was made by Aaron Springer, the guy responsible for Korgoth, Periwinkle, Baloobaloob, and some of your favorite Spongebob and Mickey Mouse episodes.

I can see the resemblance to MAD but it's more a Beano/newspaper comic style being used.

i wonder how the ratings did, they deathslotted this show pretty hard

This is from the people who release the Nielsen ratings to the public.

The show's doomed.

oh god
I'm sad

It's clear that shoving Billy Dilley out of the way in time for DuckTales and SvtFoE Season 3 to get the spotlight was Disney's plan all along.

The question, though, is why they even bothered picking up Aaron Springer's show and giving him free reign to get as unconventionally surreal as possible. They must've known five episodes in how weird the show would be and should've gotten Springer to rework some ideas to better appeal to mass audiences (similar to how Chris Savino was advised to make TLH about human characters instead of rabbits).

Spilling out the entire series (all 13 episodes) in one day short of a fortnight is even worse than anything Cartoon Network ever did!

The show's already dead and we haven't got any Marsha nudes.
WHAT THE FUCK

I liked Wretcher.

why would disney greenlight a show just to kill it?

He's alright, but after the comedic brilliance of past villains like Doofenshmirtz and Lord Hater, Count Wretcher's a bit of a dud.

What are the chances that episode 13 ends with them going back to the surface?

Honestly, it looks like a 50/50 chance. In my eyes, Billy Dilley's premise and its overall execution of it seems like it was intended as a short-length series.

It's also pretty obvious this was either part of a deal Springer made with Disney, or simply filling the "we must have a balance between cartoons and live action!" quota Disney has, in much the same way DC contracts CN to air their shit, but CN airs it on dead slots.

Especially a traditionally animated show.

Any chance of him reviewing the show?

Does he even know it premiered already?

discreet bump

Pan posts here so it's likely.

>caring about diaperfag pizza's shit opinions

You do realize that if he even mentions the show on his Tumblr, it could reach tons of people and possibly pull in more Billy Dilley viewers.

Not many people even know that the show exists.

There's 3 currently, one of them someone actually took the time to animate.

Now that's dedication.

Star gets piss poor ratings as well but does well enough online/on the app/on demand that it's considered a success in disney's eyes

Among the trio, Zeke surprised me the most. He's a pretty likable bro if a bit thin-skinned.

you also have to remember Disney XD is a premium channel

>'So, Lisa... Why DOES the early bird always get the worm?'

probably won't even see it mentioned on his new list next week

Yeah I was afraid he was going to be Squidward 2.0 but he actually likes Billy being around

Is that next week already? I haven't seen Pan mention Billy Dilley even once, so he probably still doesn't know it's been out for almost a week.

Which crew member is that even from? And what's the context?

The resolution cue that's shown up in various episodes ("Lab Friends... Forever?", "Surviving Billy", and "The Date" are other instances) always gets me. The music in this show is just so comfy!

I don't know where it's from, but the context is the Hagwitch is showing a picture of her sisters to Billy Dilly.

Aaron's voice is inconsistent. Sometimes it sounds good and other times like unbearable baby talk for 11 minutes.

Is he trying to go for a Homestar kind of thing with Billy's voice? It ain't working.

Well, he has the misfortune of not being a natural-born voice actor as well as a cartoon creator (e.g. Seth MacFarlane, Alex Hirsch, Dan & Swampy, Pete Browngardt, etc.).

It's still cool that he stepped up to do the job, though, but sometimes ya got it; sometimes ya don't.

>When you got it, you got it!
>And when I say you got it, I actually mean I got it!
>But you got it too! So we've both got it. I got it, you got, I got it, you got it, I got it...

This joke felt very Spongebob

I love this show. And I really enjoy the fact that there's a wacky show that's not slice of life where the main characters genuinely enjoy each others company yet there's still plenty of conflicts and laughs. And I love that they found a way to make a boy genius flawed outside of being condescending or being completely lacking of any sort of social skills.

Did Gary Larson have anything to do with this show? The art reminds me of The Far Side.

Disney XD's ratings inherently suck. For comparison, Pokemon got higher ratings in Cartoon Network's death slot than it does on Disney XD with proper advertising. It's because most cable packages don't include it.

A show not getting into the top 150 programs isn't an indication o f how well it's doing.

>it's more a Beano
Someone finally got it
>why would disney greenlight a show just to kill it?
At least THIS one can talk

Yeah it's funny: everyone who ISN'T Billy is Beano but Billy himself is like a shitty Chinese knockoff of Far Side aesthetics. They don't work together that well.

Is he right Sup Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=fQ-2neAX5sg&feature=youtu.be&a

thanks user it's been a while since i've had a good rage

if you hate billy and don't like the show's sense of humour you're obviously not going to enjoy it. also i get the vibe this guy's only watched the first episode. he's right about most people being indifferent though ;_;

>shlomo stories for little goys

youtu.be/7YZXc3Ji0t8

What

oh jesus christ a show made for actual children and not emotionally stunted adults without any waifus, relationshit, edge, hip nostalgia references or innuendo flying under the radar

Which is probably why I don't like it but then again I'M NOT THE TARGET AUDIENCE

bump

I like the absurdity of this argument. As if children can't handle anything other than 12 minutes of wacky yelling, falling, and gross out humor

>It's because most cable packages don't include it.

seriously? every single one i've seen includes it in the basic pack.

>only saw the first episode
>didn't watch anything after the pilot
>bitches about the animation consistency, doesn't know how the animation only did that once
why though?

If we followed your logic children would have never gotten shows like Samurai Jack, Megas XLR, Gargoyles, etc

Mike Judge and the South Park guys are also good examples

I am not complaining about more complex shows, I am saying that it's refreshing to see something that hits where it aims and isn't trying to evolve a medium.

There's nothing absurd about saying "I forgot that kid shows can be just for kids and I don't need to complain about those that don't appeal to me for this reason."