Coco

Official trailer has been released.
youtu.be/xlnPHQ3TLX8

>Despite his family's generations-old ban on music, young Miguel (Anthony Gonzalez) dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol Ernesto de la Cruz (Benjamin Bratt). Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead. After meeting a charming trickster named Hector (Gael García Bernal), the two new friends embark on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2013/05/10/us/disney-trademark-day-dead/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My ancestor :^)

Didn't pixar wanted to copyright Dia de los Muertos holiday just for this movie?

>heroic music

Awful choice for a fairly good trailer.

Miguel is fucking ugly desu

Looks like it

cnn.com/2013/05/10/us/disney-trademark-day-dead/index.html

I wonder if this'll come back to bite them in the ass again closer to the film's release.

Looks more Grim Fandango than Book of Life.

Wouldn't be surprised if they took influence from the game.

Footloose but with music?

I think it was trademark

He's based on Pedro Infante

They realize they made a horrible mistake, back down and ditch the whole trademark. They made up for it by hiring one of the biggest critic Lalo Alcaraz to consult them on Coco.

i just finished that game a few days ago. fucking fantastic.

doesn't disney technically own lucasarts? grim fandango film/tv adaptation when

can't help but feel like this is going to flop

So is Coco the dog's name?

I got drunk with Lalo once at a convention afterparty.

Coco is the name of the kid's Great Grandma, who I believe is the one living relative that's fine with Miguel's aspirations to be a musician.

>thought it was going to be a movie about El Coco
>turns out is just your regular dia de los muertos movie.
well, at least I know this is gonna be everything the book of life never was, a shit movie.

Pixar has still got it, and look already promising to be an Oscar winning film.

just realized that all those "OMG Pixar is going downhill..." "They have passed their prime..." blah blah blah, are fucking lame memes on the internet.

Pixar's going to win the fucking Oscar even if the movie's shit

Should have seen it coming, but I still laughed at the jaw dropping gag

>even the Mexican dead emigrate

I don`t like how the skeletons look like. I`d rather have something like pic related.

They win the Oscars because their films are always superiorest, just make a way for Disney/Pixar.

Because it blatantly looks BORING. Why is Sup Forums kidding itself? Disney is making very boring movies lately. Moana didn't flop (and neither did Pochontas), but movies about these different races and cultures are very boring. They're not exciting stories, just bland virtue signaling multicultural bullshit (that will easily win the Oscars because it's Hollywood the Virtue Signal capital of the USA).

They also said they were delaying Gigantic because they need to change the story. Hope it's not for more Virtue Signaling multicultural bullshit.

So that other dia de los muerto kids movie mixed with Corpse Bride?

I remember when this movie was called Book of Life. No one will care...

>Cars 2
>Brave
>Monsters University
>Inside Out
>The Good Dinosaur
>Finding Dory

Pixar has made one good movie in the past 6 years and even that couldn't stand to their previous library. Pixar is dead and any talent they had jumped ship to WDAS.

>Because it blatantly looks BORING. Why is Sup Forums kidding itself? Disney is making very boring movies lately. Moana didn't flop (and neither did Pochontas), but movies about these different races and cultures are very boring. They're not exciting stories, just bland virtue signaling multicultural bullshit (that will easily win the Oscars because it's Hollywood the Virtue Signal capital of the USA).

>They also said they were delaying Gigantic because they need to change the story. Hope it's not for more Virtue Signaling multicultural bullshit.

Disney does what makes money. It's run by Jews now.

>this got deleted

huh

I don't see how a movie about a mexico holiday is a bad thing. People love grim fandango, I don't see how this can't be good.

holy shit! those are all the movies I've been trying to avoid for years, can't believe they are all pixar

Only one of those movies are actually bad, rest range from decent to excellent.

I bet you're not even a paid Disney shill

This.
Brave, Inside Out, and this Coco
6 years with 3 Oscars winning, that's a great achievement.

said a weeb who spends all his life on jap anime shit.

>Said a weeb who spends all his life on jap anime shit
>Name is Mr. Jap

Hmmm

of course it's going to win the Oscars, it's Pixar. And this is an original idea with a grand and unoriginal city and it's going to have an arc about his father.

>We will never have a Grim Fandango film in place of Coco

I liked the first trailer where Coco looked like a Spirited Away knock off instead of this trailer where we can see its a Book of Life Knock

Don't kid yourself.
It ALWAYS looked like a book of life knock off.

Which is weird considering the 99% chance the that this movie was in development since even before them.

Kinda happened before with "Madagascar" beating the movie "The Wild" to the punch despite being worked on for longer.

I don't even give a fuck about Pixar anymore. It's just 3D Disney movies with less DreamWorks influence.

Dog's name is Dante. Coco is his grandmother (probably her proper name is Socorro).

>See Book of Life on a lark

>It is fucking delightful, funny, original, and sweet

>Like, I felt good after watching it

>See trailer for Coco

>"Gee, I wonder if the land of the dead is going to be a version of this world... but dead people are in it? Gee, I wonder if the little boy is going to try to find out about his dead father he never knew? Gee, I wonder if this is going to be another Pixar movie that lazily picks at a sobering subject like death and absentee parents but since it's a cartoon and cartoons are for little kids people are going to slobber all over it because adult subject matter in a cartoon automatically makes something you would roll your eyes at in a live action movie totes deep?"

Reminder that Grim Fandango is owned by Disney after they bought Lucas Arts.

They got completely fucked when that movie came out first.

Like- remember when they cancelled Newt for being similar to Rio (last of their kind plot). This is the universe where it happened again but they went through with it instead of canceling it.

ah yes, an animated movie about dia de los muertos where they all speak english with a few spanish words mixed in, boy do i love this genre
also lets not pretend that the book of life was a masterpiece, the first act was dreadful to sit through

The skeletons with eyes look so wrong.
They always look better WITHOUT eyes
>Gael García Bernal
>Mfw

Co cocococo, co co. Cococo!

Yes, Book of Life was flawed. It's simplistic, cliche-ridden, and occasionally has shoddy covers of well-known songs.

However, it makes up for that with God-damn gorgeous visuals, some inspired choices in regards to music and going about its' premise (seeing as it was kinda the first mainstream flick about Dia De Los Muertos, it had to get its' points about the holiday clear, at the very least), and a genuine sense of gusto that makes up for the film's shortcomings.

It is not perfect. It, at the end of the day, is Jorge essentially trying to pay tribute to his culture and his own upbringing (which, if one does research into Jorge's pre-career life, immediately explains why he chose the songs used in the film and the somewhat throwaway cameo by Ice Cube). It is art with a somewhat singular vision, for better and for worse.

Honestly, I still love BoL, and I'm interested in what Coco's bringing to the table, even if it feels like it may be copying from BoL in some areas...unintentionally, of course.

Vastly underrated post.

no, WDAS is great because of the talented people like Byron Howard, Nathan Greeno and Rich Moore, it has nothing to do with moving people from one company to another, that would distasteful.

wait didnt some one already make this film
book of life

>They realize they made a horrible mistake

That's really not good enough unless they fired everyone involved in this "mistake". Because it wasn't a "mistake", it was something evil that they thought they could get away with that it turned out they couldn't.

its the opposite, actually
Grandma Coco is the reason music is banned from the family
her husband was a musician who ran away to become a star, leaving Coco alone to raise their many children

Toy Story 3 was a goodbye to Pixar, not TS, after 2011 WDAS suddenly started making good movies while Pixar made duds.

Fuck you dirty mexicans! I want a movie about the Aztec gods! With Quetzalcoatl as the hero accompanied by his misshaped retarded spooky dog brother Xolotl and Tonatiuh or Mictlantecuhtli as the villain.

>misshaped
I meant misshapen

The skeletons remind me of gummy dinos from the Good Dinosaur. They look so jarring.

>CULTRAL APPROPRIASHUN!!!
There is no way I'm seeing this in a US film unless everybody in production including the janitor is Mexican.

Fuck that. Brave shouldn't even have been nominated and Anomalisa deserved it more .

Another mexican skeleton plot.

Goody

>XD DIA DEE LOS MUERTOS x999999
a holy ceremony destroyed for another jew cashgrab

Anyone made a Pixar bingo yet? Their movies are so formulatic now even one folk from the awards academy pointed out you saw one you saw them all.

How do mexibros feel about this shit?

I really don't like the idea of those fucking Disneyjews trying to commercialize our tradition.
This shit is particularly infurating.

Meanwhile, I hate how progressive Disney became, it's affecting their movies.