Current Superman

>Current Superman
>"Renew Your Vows" Spider-Man
>And now Batman
Is that the next step for A-listers? Will we see them truly forming families? Could Captain America and Wonder Woman do that, too?

I am not gonna lie, really, really like it, and drive me nuts when some comic creators like Millar or Busiek say that "marriage and family go against the central theme of these characters".

>the next step for A-listers? Will we see them truly forming families?
No. I want Batman to stay single.

Nope. Manchildren can't relate so they don't like it.

>implying this won't end in tragedy

Did people already forget the dialog at the end of King's first Batman arc that mentioned Bruce is going to die?

Just like Superman died after proposing to Lois and before marrying her?

This is what happens when Tumblr writes comics.

Characters evolve over time and don't just stay static?

I really like it too. Only autist want Bruce to stay alone so they can relate.

Autistic comment. Get outside more bud

It didn't say Bruce was going to die, it said Gotham Girl kills Batman. And this is how, she gave Bruce that speech which leads him to giving up being Batman, i.e. "killing" Batman.

>"Renew Your Vows" Spider-Man
not canon

Yeah, Will Eisner and O'Neil were autistic for writing crime pulp comics about a guy in a mask rather than writing a sitcom comic about The Spirit or Batman having a dinner with their wife and kids.

Ok

If tumblr was writing then then Joker would reform and marry Batman while Selina becomes involved in a polyamorous relationship with POC lesbians.

>Will Eisner
His best works were heavily focused on family.

Batman shouldn't be in a relationship. Period.

Well she has probably been in a three-way with Harley and Ivy already and they are white and green respectively, so the latter wouldn't even be that farfetched.

>people who don't want the characters to marry
Miller, Morrison, Millar, Priest, Busiek, Stern and a lot of
>people who want comfy fan fiction shipping stories
People on Sup Forums and tumblr
Really makes you think

Also Aquaman and Mera

I was talking about the spirit and a totally different genre.

Cap is going to be very busy either being on the run, in jail, or feeding the worms as a corpse to get married.

I could see this happening two ways
>dad tells him not to let their death affect him anymore
>decides he wants to move forward and finally live his life
>marries Selina
>agrees that she can keep being a "villain" but return what she steals as she only does what she does because she can
or
>marries selina
>selina dies in a big crossover event while batman gave up the cowl and now has a new sense of justice since she died
>takes up the cowl and puts him back in square 1 except its not "muh parents", it's "muh selina"

*lot of popular and successful creators

>selina dies
They need to do this.

>changing status quo
>ever

But i would watch a DC movie based on the universe where Batman and Cat Woman get married or already have kids as a couple.

Of course movie would be directed by competent person and not Snyder.

>Miller
He barely has an opinion on the matter
>Morrison
The same Morrison that couldn't bring himself to end "Lois and Clark" when he had the chance?
>Millar
A total retard. He thinks Superheroes are Jesus and, therefore, shouldn't marry those nasty Mary Magdalenes
>Priest
Has he ever said something about it? He idolizes Wolfman and Wolfman never had any problem marrying heroes.
>Busiek
I think his opinion only applies to Peter/MJ. He made HIS Superman marry someone.

only way to go back to status quo...or just let selina do what she does cause Bruce knows who she really is, why he wants to be with her

How long is King going to be on Batman? I assume they will stay together until his run is over and then the next writer or the next afterwards will change it all. I hope he is able to finish what he started before then and we can see the end goal.

Don't forget Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy

Best to just kill her off.

Big two contracts usually last 2 years, and King has been writing Batman for one year by now.

So, maybe one year more.

yup, i've been waiting for that too

Busiek praised the classic move of making Superman single again.
Millar has written a great Superman run, whether you like him or not. A lot better than the hacks writing Superman currently.
Morrison is responsible for the greatest Superman story.
Priest got fired over protesting the Spidey/MJ marriage.

Not really an avid comic reader, but doesn't Batman have a son already? Marriage doesn't seem that weird

Does it make me autistic to not like this? I like character development but Selina and Bruce really bore the fuck out of me. Catwoman to me is a fairly two-dimensional character as well, so it just doesn't interest me when I think of the wedding issues or issues on their relationship and stuff.
Another thing that bothers me is that most people want this either because "muh OTP" or because they "want to see Bruce happy". First off shipping is cancer. But for the happy part, I understand sympathizing with your characters and in a way vicariously living through them, but I don't think this coupling doing anything particularly interesting UNLESS Bruce retires along with this marriage proposal (assuming Selina says yes). Seeing Catwoman, Batman and Damian fight crime as a family because "Omg so cute!" like some posters on Sup Forums have cited as reasons isn't innovative or even intriguing in the slightest, same with Catwoman and Damian interacting.
Sorry for the spiel, but in short, this doesn't really do anything for me and kinda makes me roll my eyes

>Make Superman single just so he can have a harem
Yeah, yeah. And not even Busiek liked N52 Lois.

Millar also wrote a great MARRIED Spider-Man, so the argument that these characters shouldn't marry for the sake of the stories is bonkers.

As I said, Morrison couldn't bring himself to end "Lois and Clark" and DC gave him the chance.

will DC have the balls to have Bruce go past the age of 40?

His "son" is as legit as mad scientist cloning him using his DNA without his knowledge.

Damien is a rape child. Selina has Bruces affection unlike Talia.

Busiek also wrote great married Clark and Lois on multiple occasions including an AU where it wasn't forced upon him

So if she is going to be killed off, which of Batmans villains is going to do it? I just hope its not the Joker, especially since that will require him finding out about Batmans secret identity.

>Tumblr
>Heterosexual white pairing

Oh, RIP

I want "Batman Beyond" series where Bruce isn't a lonely sad grampa and he train Damien and Helena as new Robin and Batgirl. And Alfred is replaced with old granny Selina.

Last I heard him give a solid number, he said he had outlines for everything up to 40-something.

Would it be better if Bats marry his rapist?

No, Tumblr writing comics for the big two results in garbage like Bombshells, Batgirl, Hellcat and Mockingbird.

This is just a writer paying service to fans of the character.

>He actually think Batman is going to get married/ and or Batcat won't be dropped after the arc.

CANON
A
N
O
N
Wonder Woman, Bat Girl, Talia, Zatanna and gay shippers BTFO

>he doesn't think it'll happen
Look around at Rebirth. Green Arrow + Black Canary, Aquaman and Mera, Lois and Clark all immediately back together and have stayed that way. It's happening, baby.

Bah, couples are fine. Kent and Inza Nelson were fine. Lois and Clark are fine. Arthur and Mera are fine.
But this stinks from miles. I can't expect this to not end in a shitty, whiny, angsty, stupid way. Yes, alfred-selina and damian-selina scenes would be gold. Yes, awkward dinner at the Kents would be fine.
And that's where it ends. You can't really do a long term Bruce&Selina. I can't see it. Stealing kisses under a starry sky, before bringing her in, or she escaping him is all this can work. An actual relationship? The guy sleeps 2 hours a day and batmans the rest, when will there be time for them? Will he stop being batman? Will she stop being a criminal? Or he'll tolerate it and be a hypocrite?
Nah, it'll end up in heartbreak, for a stupid
>relationship will kill the sparks
or
>dead selina
reason.
It'll end stupidly and we all know it.

WHAT NEXT?
Joker actually hooking up with Harley and having kids?

DC just needs to kill Selena already. She's had it coming for far too long.

>Lois and Clark settled for good
>Bruce proposes to Selina
Now that Batman/Superman arc where Clark and Selina were fooling around Gotham while Bruce and Lois were all lovey-dovey got a lot worse, huh?

>Look at all these irrelevant characters that are not Batman status.
You actually think DC would make such a big change to Batman, their cash cow? Like All "big changes" DC does with Batman it will last for a couple of runs and then be dropped because status quo. It will end horribly and Batcat shippers will kill themselves.

Catwoman needs to die. We need Old Bruce.

"Batman has a son" was a big change and will never be undone.

No exactly Joker...

For Superman and Spider-Man, I can totally see them being family guys, but for Batman I see more of an untraditional family being that he has Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian as his sons with Alfred as an also kind of father figure to both Bruce himself and the rest of the Batfamily. I never quite imagined main Batman settling down like Earth-Two Batman did.

>Superman is an irrelevant character
wew lad

I can still get that pesticide pic.

I prefer Damian becoming old man Bruce

You're not fun!

Best off being fuck buddies.

>tumblr
>not hypocritical fangirls
Reminder that "problematic" is the word they use there when they like something that has elements they would otherwise rage against so they don't want to call it racist misogynist transphobic trash but they can't just let it pass uncommented on.

Nah, better off being in an actual relantionship. Harley character ain't the same as before, so is Ivy so why the hell not?

Ha, so you remember, hm. Tell me, how does it make you feel that the only pages of Harley's current run are harley/joker dini extras?
Don't try to pretend the rest are readable. They're not and we both know it.

Is this canon?

Ivy still cares about the green more than her so called wife.

No. Yet.

I couldn't care less. Dini already made it peace with HarleyIvy when he did the Love is Love page, guess now it's HarleyJoker time

Ivy's priority always have been The Green then Harley, but she isn't the seductress villain that we know and love anymore. You have to admit she's more of a tragic anti-hero now, that's what I mean when I said that Ivy isn't the same as before

>tragic anti-hero
Find that hard to believe.

Ivy hasn't been her own person or the sexy seductress since dini pushed his lez fap fantasy onto her.

She's the creepy green chick harley fucks and a sometimes batman vilaness. That's it.

I'd be fine with Selina abandoning crime for a bit. Honestly, she seems even more suited to the international jetsetting spy shit that Batman occasionally does than Bruce is. I mean, it's not like the two need to be together every waking moment, Catwoman could easily support her own series while married to Batman.

It's what DC it's doing now, just check out the recent Ivy stories, hardly any of them as an actual villain and more as an anti-hero

Nah, even back then she still was the seductress. Harley didn't affected Ivy's character well into the reboot

I don't like marriage/sons and want them singles. The excepetion os Peter and Clark. Jon is a cool kid, but Mayday in 616 sucks.

>couldn't bring himself to end Lois and Clark
Nigger what? If you're talking about Superman 2000, that pitch was declined by an assmad Carlin.

Millar doesn't care about Marvel. He's a big Superman fanboy and has actually read pre crisis Superman.

>Seeing Catwoman, Batman and Damian fight crime as a family because "Omg so cute!"
Holy fucking this. It's autistic enough in RYV and was retarded and forced too much in Rebirth Superman. Le Mama Bear Lois memes on Sup Forumsmblr were the most cringe worthy.

>"marriage and family go against the central theme of these characters".
Just to give it a little more context

>Superman
Morrison, Millar and Waid believed that Clark Kent was just a character played by Superman, and that Superman is incapable of loving a human romantically. Therefore, if Superman falls in love and marry someone, or Clark is real, or Superman is able to fall in love, and either way, they see this as "going against the central theme".

Or they SAW this, since Morrison and Waid change their minds eventually and only Millar things that nowadays.

Busiek believes in Clark, so his reason to prefer a single Clark is to make him bang Lois, and Lana, and Loris, and Lucy, and Maxima, and Linda, and Ice..., instead of just Lois.

>Spider-Man
"Being Spider-man is suffering, por lo tanto, he shouldn't have a loving and supportive wife, because that would make his life easier, while having to lie and hide secrets from girlfriends would make his life harder."

This is their reasoning.

They also like to give Peter a harem, but since Mephisto the only one having fun with a new boyfriend every year is MJ. Peter is banging midgets.

>Batman
Similar to Spider-Man. Having a person that loves him while he loves her back would make his life less sad and grim. So they don't want that to happen.

It is really a case where creators think that "character progression" shouldn't happen if that means a changing what they believe is their theme.

People are tired of the same formula of forever alone vigilante. Batman forming a family instead having a rape child is something fresh.

>recent Ivy stories,
You're referring to the "Cycle of Life and Death" Issues?

Also the Batgirl story, and her ASBats story

>Characters evolve over time and don't just stay static?
>New 52 Superman'
>NuLobo
>Creeper
>Thin young Waller
>Good Luthor
>Kid Flash
>ect

>yfw this would have been a much better development if this was done pre-nu52, with Dickbats and Damien, and Batman returning as the extraneous second batman

She's hired on by Wayne Enterprises for security and "penetration" testing. She still sticks her hand in the cookie jar whenever she can.

>Le Mama Bear Lois memes on Sup Forumsmblr were the most cringe worthy.
This is just you being casual. Lois is an "action girl" since her introduction.

King regressed both Batman and Catwoman for his run, though.

Batman already has a family. One that brings far more thematic significance than him getting married.

Batman having a son is just another robin so Batman already had sons before.
He is sales wise.

>He is sales wise
You know he sells better than any Avenger, right?

You know that's nothing compared to Batman, right?

Lois should get an armor, so Jon, Clark and Lois can go superhero together as a family. Wouldn't it be so cute xD

So, or you sell like Batman, or you are irrelevant?

You know this makes Marvel's whole catalog "irrelevant sales wise", right?

>Sup Forums now hates married superheroes
Jesus, Sup Forums. What happened to you? Did Quesada brainwash you?

>Bruce is going to die

Like the time he "died" in Final Crisis.

Glad there are rubes out there for DC to steal their money.

>not canon
Yet.

This is some serious mental gymnastics you've got going on here to justify your obviously retarded original statement.

I think Sup Forums just wants to fuck Batman, really, and are jealous of that hoe stealing him.

name ONE PERSON who loves you

You either die a Sup Forumsfriend, or live long enough to see yourself become a Quesada.

A wife will just stall Batman like it did for Superman. I like Bruce bouncing off different love interests as the plot requires.