How skimpy is "too skimpy" in superhero comics

how skimpy is "too skimpy" in superhero comics

If you can get away with it and people don't bitch, you're good.

I'm going to need some examples of too skimpy to be sure

all superheroes, male or female, need armor or other forms of protection, anything less than the optimal form of protection is too skimpy
agility based heroes need kevlar or knife proof armor at the minimum
anyone without super toughness need rigid armor around their vital organs for obvious reasons, and lighter rigid plates on extremeities to absorb punches and blades
even if you dont need armor, maximum coverage is still preferable to minimize contamination of the crime scene, and to provide insulation from heat or cold

powered armor capable of resisting armor piercing rifles, or even autocannons if technology permits,should always be considered of stealth or cost is no concern, and direct action is expected

This was actually published.

weren't not for the horrendus art, I'm my dick would be in Muh Stratosphere

>ball and rod
>mfw
>weren't not for the horrendus art, I'm my dick would be in Muh Stratosphere
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Ryan Kinnaird paints some distressing people

When it becomes out of character or out of place in that universe

Didn't each issue after that one need to be published under the MAX imprint?

nah fuck that. Unless they're based around pragmatism go with a cool design.

I doubt Storm would care since she's an African priestess who can control the temperature around her. Only the high heels make no sense.

You're describing military, not people suppose to shine high in the sky for everybody to see and be hopeful.

Also, you forgot that none of them should wear cape with what you want.

Superheroes are like actors and singers on the red carpet of some event.
The men always wear tuxedo or casual clothes and the women can wear pants, skirt or dress, can be completely covered, wear transparent clothes or even be almost naked.

For some reason, too skimpy is problem for some in comics but never in real life.

No such thing.

Depends on the character and their power set.

I really like that outfit. Nice cover too.

yeah seriously, like wtf is this

These are fucking awful

But I like these.

What does it mean.

They put the MAX thing on instead of the PG+, yeah. I liked it at the time. It was nothing great, but I didn't think it was terrible either.

How does she even move without the crotch sliding into her vagina?

It's okay, maebari is not for everyone.

>Implying that wasn't the idea.

Was there ever an action gal who had a justifiable reason to wear high heels? I think it's easier to explain why a character is buck naked than why they're wearing impractical footwear.
The only thing I can think of is the "stiletto heel that's an actual stiletto" and that gag seems to be reserved for drag queens for whatever reason.

This one isn't bad except for the bottom.

Is it wrong I actually like this as a Storm outfit?

Nothing is too skimpy

>how skimpy is "too skimpy" in superhero comics

If it can embarrass any two Franks in comics. Frank Cho, Frank Miller, ect.

Flight powers?

>geek girl at my lcs
>was on the whor train HARD
>yeah that bitch
>talking shit about me dumping champions
>bitch you weren't even part of my conversation
>jesus fuck just let me pay and leave
>nope
>if you could see viz' titts you would pick it back up
>nah bitch but if you want to go there then let me axe you a question
>who's had the skimpiest costume out of any superhero?
>because I think it's doctor Manhattan
And I walked the fuck out.

Are Viz's tits hard and metallic? Or soft and supple plastic?

what issue(s) did she wear this?
isn't lady death skimpier?vampirella?

I think it was during the X-Men vs vampires shit from 5? years ago or so. You know, when True Blood was popular so they had different vampire sects in the comics and it was all terrible.

They've covered up Vampirella the past few years, all they managed to do was alienate the long-time readers. I mean, look at this shit.

If there's actual roast beef flapping around the band of spandex ...

Probably too skimpy. Anything else goes.

Lady Death is more or less the same, but Pulido keeps putting out one-shots for $7.99 each with some low-tier artists from India doing interiors. Hard to get on board that.

>viz will never phase your penis inside her cold unyielding uterine cavity and carry your cum inside of her like the crew of a ship traveling through space

Pulido is basically in the variant cover business. Interiors are secondary.

Yeah, at least he puts out a collection of the variant covers now and then as a comic for $3.99, so that's not a bad deal.

I have a bunch of Lady Death comics from the Chaos! days, but I couldn't tell you much about what happened, I think I just bought them for the T&A and never really got into it. The new books being perfect-bound sucks because they are hard to read unless you wanna break the spine. Maybe I should just read them online?

It not from the comics. It's from the video game Rise of the Imperfects.

Bayonetta

Stillettos in general.

Nice stealth cheesecake thread user. Happy to help.

Remember when Dani Moonstar went undercover as a 90s bad girl?

wait what

Depends on the character.

Storm's character feels right at home wearing less clothes.

Also skimpy =/= slutty.

Because I'm a pervert, no outfit is too skimpy

>skimpy =/= slutty

Only on Sup Forums.

>Y-yes, she dresses like a stripper, but she's mai pure waifu! That was only innocent flirting! She's NOT a slut!

Do you think the women that walk around topless in Africa do so because they're sluts?

Armor

are you implying that African tribeswomen are not sluts?

I can sense how 16 years old you are.

Not compared to your mom.

imo poses are more risque than some actual outfits

They probably are,
my mom's white.

I know. Let's ask the fat landwhales who never read comics what they think is "too skimpy".

>my mom's white

Which means you probably don't have a father, either. Think about why that is for a second.

>Which means you probably don't have a father
He's white too

nice cameltoe

Beaches must create a real crisis for you.

There are idiots reading this thread right now who are offended by this.

Some of them lean too far politically to the left. Some of them lean too far politically to the right.

But they're all idiots.

My typical issue with skimpy costumes isn't so much showing skin as it is lack of design.
If you're going to throw a speedo or a bikini on a btich and call it a day that's boring.
A good skimpy design tends to either accessorize or they're physically strange enough that their own body is an interesting design. And it can really be as easy as adding a nice cape or what not or just coloring them up well enough.

I'm okay with that.

Wearing only duct tape on the critical parts?

Dude's just missing a hood or cowl and he'd be sick as hell

boy, you sure showed her. clearly you are not the asshole in this situation. and I'm sure this conversation went down exactly as you say, with that ~girl~ butting into your conversation and you just sassing her into submission.
Here is the validation you crave. You are a person worthy of respect and attention.

Lets settle this once and for all if were considering the amount of clothes/fabric worn to determine Nudity.

Cheetah is pretty much the most naked super ever to exist right? and no fur should not count as clothing because fur barley covers shit if you were too look at it very close up or depending on how thick her coat is

She's right up there with Jocasta

Needs to wear less than Martian Manhunter to even be considered

It honestly depends on the character. Storm slutting it up isn't that weird she she ran semi-naked for years, ditto for Wolverine and Emma. But it would be weird if Xavier started wearing a X-speedo all the time.

but user, Frank Miller is shameless

>For some reason, too skimpy is problem for some in comics but never in real life.
Easy answer
>women dress themselves in a bikini and walk around in public
That's fine.
>men draw women dressing themselves in a bikini, or women draw bikini women for a male audience
Not realistic and very sexist.

No such thing.

>fur barley covers shit

someone isn't familiar with Mark Beachum

>gun heels aren't a more common thing

How?

Heels were originally for keeping your feet in stirrups but have evolved into a sign of status and fashion. Justification? It's purely for the aesthetics which is entirely one of the main aspects of comics.

Many other supers with longer fur usually still wear pants so yeah.

Her costume underneath is very skimpy, but I like to imagine that she's only wearing the cape