How far should capeshit take itself too seriously what are some good '""""mature""""" storylines that arent edgy...

How far should capeshit take itself too seriously what are some good '""""mature""""" storylines that arent edgy? On the other hand, what are some storylines that got so out of hand that it becomes a self parody?

There's a current storytime with lots of anons shitting on him, but Howard Chaykin wrote some pretty damn good miniseries that sound like what you describe. Twilight is his deconstruction of DC's Silver Age Space heroes, while Blackhawk is his gritty, politicized take on the Blackhawk squadron.

Sorry about the shitty image

>good '""""mature""""" storylines that arent edgy

I like Pantheon. It's inspired by both Watchmen and Kingdom Come but without the respective nihilism and Silver Age wankery.
The story is about what happens when the superheroes "win": All the bad guys are either locked up or retired, aliens have gotten so thoroughly BTFO that they don't bother invading anymore, and all is well. The superhero community divides into two factions, one that wants to retire since the job's done and another that wants to go full Squadron Supreme/Injustice on everyone's ass. Additionally, there's a third faction of normal humans who are very worried that neither superhuman faction bothered asking them for their opinions and are seeking a third option.

Interesting. I'll give it a look, thanks

Steve Gerber's Foolkiller was his real magnum opus. No comic has ever better explored the effects of vigilantism/superheroism on a man and how it'd destroy him.

Are the rest of his works good?

Reminds me of Twilight of the Super-Heroes a bit, especially that last part about the normal humans.

Gerber is probably the most underrated cape writer ever. He should be considered one of the greats.

80s vigilante posting those two Alan moore fill in issues.

The synopsis alone is enough for me to consider this possibly one of the best comics. Going to go read it right now.

He wrote a lot of stuff. You'd probably know Howard the Duck, he created the character and, up to this day, is the only one who gets him (he projected a lot of himself in the character). He also wrote Omega the Unknown, the aforementioned Foolkiller, Man-Thing, etc.

The end

Hope you enjoy it.

I wouldn't be surprised.

bump

This.