"This is very much Castlevania done in the vein of Game of Thrones," Shankar said...

>"This is very much Castlevania done in the vein of Game of Thrones," Shankar said, adding: "[The series is] going to be R-rated as f***. [It’s going to be] America’s first animated series for adults.”

How much is riding on this series doing well?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x1z5zgx_tweety-bird-ep-03-a-gruesome-twosome_fun
youtube.com/watch?v=HUzLO2GpPv4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>It’s going to be] America’s first animated series for adults.

What?

As opposed to shows like Family Guy, which are merely "adult."

What about Spawn?

No one remembers /Spawn/. Besides, it never really caught on as a trend in making animated series

I heard Todd Macfarlane is trying to make a Spawn reboot series for HBO but it's in development hell right now.

>it's in development hell right now.

it better be, that sounds like a terrible concept with Macfarlane at the helm

>Castlevania done in the vein of Game of Thrones
So what, you're gonna do Castlevania as a medieval political thriller? That doesn't make any fucking sense.

Can people please stop using Game of Thrones as though it were some generic label, please? Just because something is violent and raunchy does not make it like Game of Thrones. Goddamn.

It was a cult hit at best

No, us adults want this.

dailymotion.com/video/x1z5zgx_tweety-bird-ep-03-a-gruesome-twosome_fun

We don't want fake anime.

There are more direct ways of coming out of the closet, user.

No, far from it.

>"This is very much Castlevania done in the vein of Game of Thrones,"
Great, I'm really looking forward to watching it after shooting myself in the fucking face.

Fuck my life.

You're right.
You made it clear, in no uncertain terms, that you're of the gay.

I'm not gay.

Why are you thinking this.

Not to mention that Game of Thrones is full of Stronk Womyn propaganda bullshit. Even more so than in the books. If Castlevania is going to be like that and they castrate Trevor Belmont or some shit like that? Fuck the Nu-Males making this.

When I hear about this Castlevania series being for adults it screams "It's full of Leftist/Liberal propaganda undertones."

Hey, woah, woah, woah, who said you were gay? Damn, user.

Well, there was "Spawn". But I do hope this does well.

The shit are you talkin about, man?
Are you gay, too? Is that it?

EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD IS GAY.

There. It's all out there. We can move on.

And Aeon Flux, and The Maxx

Though i am glad they are doing this and i want to see more non cape action shows produced by US that is geared toward Adults.

>Warren Ellis
>in the vein of Game of Thrones
>R-rated as f***
boy I sure am looking forward to pointless gore and edge poorly attempting to cover up a weak story and characters.

I saw the preview, actually looks pretty fucking badass and surprisingly accurate to the games.

Hey retard, in Game of Thrones they constantly emasculate male characters, in Theon's case physically he got CASTRATED. So hearing that Castlevania is following this shitty mold makes me worry. Is Trevor going to be some spineless bitch who bends backwards for Sypha or is he going to be an actual man who doesn't take shit from women. It doesn't make sense for any Belmont to be a bitch boy, except maybe Juste who was pussy whipped despite the era he's from. But Trevor? Outside of Simon he's one of the classic badass ones.

Damn, didn't know I would ever see three red flags in a single sentence.

>[The series is] going to be R-rated as f***. [It’s going to be] America’s first animated series for adults
Dude never worked in the industry before I expect.

Theon got off fucking easy in the show compared to the books

This guy is fucking retarded. Obviously, he's never seen The Maxx.

Castlevania following one of the shittiest formulas ever from one of the worst shows on television? BOY THIS LOOKS LIKE SHIT!

Wow.
I mean, I was just joking at first, but wow.
You really ARE gay.

>It's not one of muh flash animated shitty kids toons with angular looking characters

All this butthurt in this thread about the GOT reference. Here is what they mean: Some characters will die and they add tits and some blood. Anything beyond that is speculation.

>Hey retard, in Game of Thrones they constantly emasculate male characters, in Theon's case physically he got CASTRATED.

You sound like one of those SJWs whining that GoT hates women because some female characters get raped.

Venture Bros might be a comedy, but it takes itself and its world seriously.

>R-rated as f***
>censors the word fuck
Well color me doubtful.

So did they leave in the goat fucking or not?

Probably gonna involve tits like with the Succubi

I would like for the show to make it to Shanoa

A certain Belmont is more than likely gonna get his dick wet too

Yeah because vampire shit is so genuinely mature.

Don't be a homo.
There's a distinct difference between a show about some retards fighting a vampire, and a show revolving entirely around trite shock value humor and cutaway gags.
Are you just gay, user?

Soma.

That would be the perfect outcome, but I just seriously like Shanoa as a protag too.

Eh, just go with it. The only way to get a normalfag's attention is by comparing it to something they love.

>You'll never be a straight guy fucking your lesbian best friend who is in love with you.

is this the hot new Sup Forums meme

is it the Starfags pushing this one? I'm surprised they passed the cancer threshold so quickly.

>"[The series is] going to be R-rated as f***. [It’s going to be] America’s first animated series for adults.”

Adi Shankar is the embodiment of "Remember this kid friendly thing? Now badass and dark!"

Don't get me wrong, the Castlevania show looks neat but the way he describes it is so stupid and obnoxious.

>"This is very much Castlevania done in the vein of Game of Thrones," Shankar said, adding: "[The series is] going to be R-rated as f***. [It’s going to be] America’s first animated series for adults.”
Good to know Shankar is still a hack

Fortunately(?) Ellis is behind this so I know it won't be exactly the same, but I can't help but get a the vibe this is heading the way of DmC.

>Can people please stop using Game of Thrones as though it were some generic label, please?

It possibly means it's going to have warring factions, heavy emphasis on bloodlines, different leaders, surprising deaths, and a whole host of mythological creatures showing up and being vital to the plot, as well as an overarching threat most likely, all tied together in a medieval time period, mostly based off western areas.

I mean if you do "Castlevania but with a coherent storyline and more character development." it has an awful lot of similarities in themes.

You know what else Ellis is behind? No Hero.

I know this is just PR speak but my interest in this just took a nosedive

Game of Thrones is the Dark Souls of TV shows.

I figured he just needed to get that out of his system.

Just like he needed to get Supergod, Black Summer, Trees, the current arc of Injection, and like half of Transmet out of his system?

There's only so much damage Ellis could here.

was that meant as an insult to GoT or DS?

...or both?

The animation looked nice from the trailer, what we see anyway. I'm gonna watch it, but that quote is horrible. It sounds like something someone born after 1997 would say.

Supergod is at least interesting.

I too find it interesting just how shit one thing can get

I look at the trailer, and it looks like a straight up adaptation of Dracula's Curse with Alucard being his gorgeous bishonen-self. And Castlevania has always been a gothic dark series even with all the iconic free domain monsters so Shankar style of dark and edgy will fit.

Why this site is one of the only places where I see people get this triggered over GOT?

you haven't been looking hard enough, most people think it turned to shit

Are you talking about the TV show?

yes, just like the rest of the internet

I want to get into the Castlevania games. Is Symphony of the Night a good place to start?

This. And hearing it is Ellis' script, which I've been waiting for forever, I am hyped.

>How much is riding on this series doing well?
Like nothing.

Netflix could make a dozen shows, cancel them after one season, and not notice.

No, but go ahead and play it anyway.

Well, that's what his script reportedly was: an adaptation of Castlevania 3 staying as close as possible to the source material, while still including fanservice for the ladies and plenty of gothic brooding and action sequences.

And he wrote it back in the Fell/Planetary days, so tonally it should work.

He's the guy responsible for the Dredd reboot.

Always stupid when people say "the first" anything but I guess they're contractually obligated to say it. But I'm really glad a fully mature intended non-comedy animated show is coming out of America. It's about damn time.

That doesn't look like disgust. That guy doesn't even have eyebrows. I don't know what emotion he's trying to convey.

Definitely. Any Igavania is great and you can start anywhere.

Thanks. I'll be able to get it for 10 bucks for PS3 easily.

>America’s first animated series for adults

You're off by 57 years. Pic related.

No.

Play castlevania for the msx or nes Then castlevania 3, then rondo of blood, then bloodlines then Dracula x vampire kiss then rage quit, play Super. Castlevania 4 and then start with symphony of the night, then the gba titles and the ds games.

SOTN IS GOOD. But it will spoil you, just like super castlevania, specially if you are not good at plataformers and ruin you. Going back will be hard, beating vampire kiss will be impossible.

t. Vampire killer

Wasn't the first American adult animated movie Vampire Hunter D?

I'm so fucking sick of every movie and TV show saying; WELL IT'S GOT A GAME OF THRONES FEEL.

>[The series is] going to be R-rated as f***.

Oh, yeah, that builds a TON of confidence.

Castlevania is my autism so lemme help.

Aria of Sorrow>Order of Eclessia>Portrait of Ruin>Symphony of the Night.

The rest of the metroidvanias are a toss up, Circle of The Moon is one of my favorites, but its character progression is dependent on rng, Dawn of Sorrow is a sequel to Aria of Sorrow, but it goes pretty anime, not as good as its predecessor but fun overall, Harmony of Dissonance is an overall clusterfuck, decent magic system, but rng heavy gear progression and poor map design.

The only good 3dvanias are Curse of Darkness and Lament of Innosence.

Not a fan of the platformer castlevanias, but Rondo of Blood and 3 are pretty darn good.

>hating on Legacy of Darkness

What's it like to have shit taste? Legacy of Darkness easily has the most fitting soundtrack of any of the games AND once you master the camera the game is great.

Look, I don't care how brutal it is, all I wanna know is if Wicked Child and Bloody Tears are on the soundtrack!

See? This is exactly what happens when you start with the casualvanias.

What's it like playing Castlevania 64 director's cut?

Castlevania 64 in my personal opinion is better but that's based on my nostalgia. LoD fixed stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=HUzLO2GpPv4

Dirty Laundry was the only decent thing Shankar has made.

Did you not enjoy Dredd?

How? He was one of 13 producers. Did he take all the credit?

I had to do a doubletake when I saw that, because I was listening to DBP Cross a Fear.

damn, early Tweety was a fucking dick