What other sites do you guys go to for comics discussion and/or news? Preferably with an imageboard/forum format...

What other sites do you guys go to for comics discussion and/or news? Preferably with an imageboard/forum format, but anything goes.

>other sites

But Sup Forums said Sup Forums is the only website in existence.

Sup Forums is pretty much the only place worth bothering with, but sometimes I'll skim CBR if I want to see more normie opinions

But if I tell you, I'll be revealed for the faggot normie that I am.

The only one that matters, amirite?

I go to /616/ in 420chan sometimes but that board is as slow as molasses.

It’s fine man, I don’t judge.

You're still anonymous user. Don't be a bigger faggot just spit it out

are there other Comic Book boards??Despite Sup Forums being awful...its still better than any other message board

There’s /616/ in 420chan which is very slow, and Sup Forums in 8ch.

I used to lurk comicvine and CBR, and I frequently listened to the opinions of CBC and that gay british kid with the colorful hair, but that was years ago

Literally this Sup Forums or cripplechans Sup Forums

I cant stand forums

Anybody who frequents SomethingAwful's comic forum?

reddit dot kom/? dcomics

skim only tho

Honestly? I stick pretty much to Sup Forums, publisher press releases and irl discussion.
And I don't really discuss comics on Sup Forums so much as shitpost aggressively about them

For me is Tumblr the cancer destroying Sup Forums

If you want actual discussion on Sup Forums you're going to have to start getting into or making storytime threads.
Its pretty much the only way.

That’s what I do. Just wanted to see if there were other good places to do so.

Comics can be difficult to discuss online because it's a niche hobby with A LOT of different niches tucked inside. Discussing Big 2 isn't too hard, but discussing something like a specific subset of indie comics? That can be hard. And a lot of comics press is basically just a PR wing for Marvel/DC most of the time, so there's not a ton of discussion generated from those ends.

Discussing indieshit on this board used to be as simple as opening the catalog.Though the influx of mobilefag shitposters over the years has sort of ruined that. Fucksake feels like years since ive seen Dan do any type of storytime

Narutoforums used to have a somewhat active comic forum, but that site died. Same with another Forum I used to frequent, called millennium.

Movie Codex also had a active site five years ago, but that died to.

I pretty much just use Sup Forums now, simply because I'm to lazy to find replacements and have less free time.

usually only specialized forums if I really want to talk about something in depth. AvP forums for Covenant, Gunnerkrigg forums for GK, ect

I used to go to Toonzone when I was younger but I haven't been on there in years

>Get tired of the assholes on Sup Forums go to /r/comicbooks
>Get tired of the pussies on /r/comicbooks go back to Sup Forums

It's actually a pretty refreshing way to get my fix desu.

>8ch Sup Forums is worse than Sup Forums's Sup Forums
>/r/comicbooks has even more casuals than our Sup Forums
Fuck.

I read it but I'm not paying $10 to post there.

I used to go to a spic forum to discuss comics. But it's comics forum went to shit.

Now I just go to Sup Forums and sometimes to cbr.

>/r/comicbooks has even more casuals than our Sup Forums
At least for as much awful opinions I've seen hiveminded around there ("Slott is a good writer, Spencer's justified in being a twitter twat, Bendis speak is enjoyable") at least they aren't as bad as the comment section of aggregate sites, like readcomiconline. Seriously, I saw someone unironically think Champions was enjoyable and looked forward to the next issue.

The thing that gets me the most is how much spoonfeeding there is there. I like rec threads on Sup Forums, rare as they are, but /r/comicbooks seems to have an endless supply of "what are good batman comics?" posters.

Here it took me barely any seconds looking through and I've already found a shitty opinion

>Slott is a good writer, Spencer's justified in being a twitter twat, Bendis speak is enjoyable

No, nobody can have THIS much of a shitty opinion.

Holy Shit. They are a bunch of imbeciles.

Now I'll agree with Barry but literally everything else about this one are opinions only people who don't actually read comics own

Jesus Christ. Redditor really is an insult.

Reddit. Subbed to /r/comicbooks, /r/Marvel, /r/DCComics, /r/thevenomsite, and /r/spiderman.

/r/comicbooks is okay. It can be a bit annoying to me at times with some of its users and their sometimes shitty opinions. /r/Marvel is worse. Can feel pretty echo-chambery. For example I can't say anything bad about Miles Morales without being fucking downvoted. There was also that time one user told me that Amazing Spider-Man was better than the majority of DC and Image's comics. It also feels like there's not enough comic related stuff instead of movie and tv stuff on there.

/r/DCComics isn't too bad. I'd say its probably better than /r/comicbooks and /r/DCComics. Really the only thing that annoys me is them circlejerking Stephanie Brown as being the best Batgirl.

/r/thevenomsite is pretty good. Wish there was more activity on it though. /r/spiderman is pretty good too. Love that unlike /r/Marvel and /r/comicbooks, most of the users on there think Miles is shit.

I also use Twitter. I follow the Marvel and DC twitter accounts as well as Big Bang Comics. Follow a few writers and artists, like Cullen Bunn, Robbie Thompson, Gerry Conway, and Ryan Stegman. And I also follow other comic book related people/accounts, such as Ryan Higgins, Marvel editor Devin Lewis, TheVenomSite, Orion Petitclerc, Roman Marley, Bizarnage, Venom_Knight, and Symbiobro.

/r/Marvel definitely has to be the biggest circlejerk I’ve ever witnessed. I’m subbed to pretty much the same subreddits but I rarely go to the place. On the other hand, I also follow a fuckton of comics people and publishers on Twitter, which I actually heavily visit.

The only comics people I follow on twitter at this point are Steve Lieber and Hickman. Hickman's fucking hilarious.

Can you explain to me why /r/comicbooks loves Paper Girls so much?

plus4chan for scientific purpose.

'tis the truth

I used to go to CBR but quickly realized if you don't want to suck dick you're wasting your time.

Frankly Ive learned that I can enjoy shit more the less I talk about them with others and I do go anywhere it's this anonymous dump. Everyone here may be an asshole but it's balanced out into this perfect balance where people can actually talk straight

90% of Sup Forums is just reddit and Cbr. It's more imminent by all the plebbitors on Sup Forums who keep posting about how like shit like rebirth, Johns and Tomasi.

r/dccomics has to be the most casual sub. There are people there who think court of owls or blackest night is the best DC story arc and haven't even touched any classic like Milligan's Enigma or Extremist.

try criticizing Waid, Aaron, Bendis, Johns or Morrison on reddit
babies
just babies

*how they like

twitter is honestly the best, I've joked with Noah Van Sciver, Robbie Thompson, James Robinson, Ewing and a bunch of other writers
literately my only problem is Bendis blocked me for asking Slott a question about Mayday during Spider-Verse and then Slott blocked me after bugging him about Mayday with like 30 tweets, even though I'm a huge fan of his, have some signed Ren & Stimpy comics

Other Sup Forums is so dead its not even funny. Even then every discussion is the same shit either getting mad at SJWs or something political.

I still have hope that this board can be good again.
All will be well.

>literately my only problem is Bendis blocked me for asking Slott a question about Mayday during Spider-Verse

What was the question?