Star Wars power ranking thread

Star Wars power ranking thread.

I’ll go first, also some discussion on what we want in episode 9?

5>3>6>4>8>7>2>1

5>6>3>4>2>7>1>8

5>4>3>6>2>1>8>7

5, 4, 6, 3, R1, 1, 7, 2, 8

8>5>3>>>=R1>2>7>1>>>>

4>5>3>6>1>2>7>8

6=5>4>7>8>3>2>1

V>VIII>IV>VII>VI>>>>>>>>>>>>RO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>III>I>II

iv is literally the only one at >6/10
All the others are interchangeable and don't matter.

2>3>1>4>5>6

disney is non-canon and star wars in name only

5>4>6>1>7>2=3>8

This is the truth.

Have you watched 4 recently? The dialogue is actually worse that episode 1. I don't get how people bitch about prequel dialogue and then say they like the originals outside of 5.

Thisthisthis

oldfag OT shills piss me off like you faggots dont appreciate the atmosphere lucas created with the prequels and the skill of actually proper trained jedis

3 > 5 > 1 > 2 > 4 > 6 > > > > pile of shit > > dark forces ripoff i mean rogue one > 7 and 8 equally shit

What's wrong with the dialogue?

>even acknowledging 7-8

It's entirely shit, every single line

>muh atmosphere
>what about the droid attack on the wookies? SUCH EBIN WORLDBUILDING BASED GEORGE

Too bad the prequels fail as fucking MOVIES. No one cares about wikishit

>dark forces ripoff i mean rogue one

ah, a butthurt EUfag. Explains a lot

Disney can't even keep the posters consistent

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 7 > RO > 8 > Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure >>>>> 2

I don't even care about episode 9 anymore. I might watch it once its on a streaming service.

Disney-Wars is unironically better than the prequels.

how many times do i have to post this you ass faggots
the only definitive ranking is this
4>5
nothing else exists nothing else matters now grow up

delusional if you think it's any worse than 5 or 6. In fact there's nothing bad about any of the dialogue.

5>3>4>1>2>6

Why?

I can't get past the first movie.

why did chewy get such a big spot on the ROTJ poster?

non-Lucas = non-canon

V > IV > VI > III = VIII > I = VII > II

It's hard to care about IX by this point. While still being a better watch than the prequels or VII in many respects, VIII had some lousy writing. Even Kylo -- the one interesting part of VII -- has been made less interesting.

>but I was about to go tchi station to pick up some powerrr converterrrs

>My friend doesn't like you
>ok
>IDONTLIKEYOUEITHER! WEREWANTEDCRIMINALSON&SYSYSTEMS
>I'll watch out
>YOU'LL BE DEAD!

Watch it, it's fucking terrible

4>5>1>6>3>8>7>R1>2

This is the order of the true star wars fan. IF your rankings are anything other than this(The True Ranking) you do not and have never liked star wars or film in general.

>the skill of actually proper trained jedis
We had that in the OT.

daily reminder that Lucas is a hack and everything that people like about Star Wars came from other, more talented individuals. The only reason people pretend he was the end-all-be-all talent behind Star Wars is due to having the most money to throw around after ANH's success, because he had sole merchandising rights. He erased the legacies and contributions of people like Gary Kurtz, Lawrence Kasdan, Gloria Katz and Wilard Hyuck, as well as the all-star editing team of Paul Hirsch, Richard Chew, and Marcia Lucas, that basically saved the movie and turned Lucas' shitty directing job into something competent. Hell, this isn't even going into the story contributions Brian de Palma and Francis Coppola made. George bullied out anyone who challenged him creatively by the time RotJ came out. As soon as George had sole creative control, the series turned to shit.

The prequels are fucking trash and the only reason you pretend otherwise is because you have fond memories of seeing Phantom Menace in theaters with dad when you were three. The special editions have done more to erase the legacy of Star Wars more than the Disney films have or will. Now fuck off.

the clone wars tv series is better than the entire OT

i dont know much about the EU just that disney steals from it and makes it objectively worse

nothing wrong with any of that

fuck off kike

TCW has some great episodes but it rarely goes beyond being a well-executed action cartoon. It did benefit from its budget, and I do like it overall, but it's not that good for me.

3 > 8 > 5 > 2 > 4 > 7 > R1 > 6 > 1

why the fuck are you faggots putting 3 so high, yeah its enjoyable (especially after clone wars) but you have godawful fucking awkward line deliveries, much more than even the worst of the original trilogy and that godawful Darth Vader screaming Noooooo scene, is Sup Forums that fucking contrarion or are you all just underage

4 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 3 > 2 > R1 > 8 > 7

5>4>6>3>2>8>1>7>R1

4>5>R1>Genndy Wars>6=3>CW>>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>What do I want for Episode IX?
A reacquisition by George, or KK's head on a spike in preproduction. And since George probably doesn't want it back, then KK's head is the only acceptable option.

5>4>3>6>1>2>R1>8

"no"

5>4>6>3>R1>7>8>3>2>1

First non meme answer

5>4>7>6>8>R1>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Holiday Special
>I liked the new movies
>fight me

>only a master of evil, darth

Here's the only reasonable rating of starwars films:

4 > 3 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 2

TFA and TLJ and R1 don't count, because they're not actually star wars. But if they did count, they would occupy the last three places.

4>5>3>7>6>1>2>8

>nuWars above anything
>not a meme answer
The prequels are good flicks

4=5, 6, 1, R1, 8, 7, 3, 2
Phantom menace was at least interesting. Rogue one was entertaing but dumb. 8, 7, 3, and 2 are just bad movies.

5>R1>4>6>3>2>1>7>8

This is the only correct ranking. Prove me wrong.
>protip: you can't.

It's a drunk thug looking to start shit. That's how they talk.

Consensus opinion here

swap 3 and 6 and I'll sign on

Almost in order of release.

5>4>6>1>2>3>RO>7>8

Ayyy, I made that original ranking. I see you added The Last Jedi on the end.

Nice

And R1 goyim

Perfect ranking though

checked

disgusting garbage

STAR WARS > R1 > JAR WARS > MICKEY WARS

IV>VI>VIII>V>VII>I>III>II

I genuinely enjoy The Phantom Menace despite its pacing, the childish nature and some shitty lines. It feels very "Star Wars".

Don't know why people complain about pod racing. The part where Anakin wins his freedom but his mom is still a slave kinda hurts. There are so many underlying themes in this kid movie. Political manipulation. Economic war. Slavery. You kinda see how shitty the Jedi Council is. Free the boy but not his mom. Wtf????

I wish Lucas would have hired some competent director and writer to make Episode 1. Lucas has the vision but he cannot execute it with his shitty writing.

TPM > any Disney nu-war shit

5>4>3>6>1>2>7>8

5>4>R1>3>7>6>8>2>1

I dont care about the rest

5>{4=6}>3>1>RO>{2=7}>8

5>4>6

>power ranking
4>5>6>7>3>8>1>2

>also some discussion on what we want in episode 9?
I guess that
>Kylo and Rey maintain their connection despite Snoke's death
>Each keeps trying to turn the other
>Luke appears to each of them
>Rey stole the books before Yoda destroyed the tree
>Rey builds a new lightsaber, which will use the blue crystal from the destroyed one and probably be double-ended
>Leia sends Rey written letters from the other side of the galaxy where she's trying to drum up support for the Resistance
>Poe is in charge of the Resistance Fighters who are present, mentioning that he's all calm and of sound mind because of what Holdo taught him
>Rey and Kylo fight, begging each other to turn
>Kylo realises Rey won't turn because of her attachments, turns on her friends
>Finn dies saving Rose
>Rey has to kill Kylo, is sad about it
>Rey goes to little boy with the Rebel ring, gathers a bunch of kids and sets out to teach them like Luke did, learning from his mistakes

This isn't what I want at all, but it's kinda the best-case-scenario. I don't really see how else it can go at this point.

>that ranking
>that pic

i agree. the prequels gave us as much if not more "universe" as the original trilogy. the disney movies are empty, i don't give a shit about any new locations and there's 99% humans everywhere. it fucking sucks.

1>3>ALL

also both trilogies span several years while episodes 7 and 8 happen in a couple of days. i hope they do a fucking timejump of several years for episode 9.

2 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 4 > 6 > 8 > R1 > 7

VI > V > IV > RO > III > VII > I > II/ VIII

>6 has always been my favourite because of the brilliant opening on Jabba's sail barge and the perfection of an ending to the saga.
>Empire is just a masterfully crafted film.
>A New Hope started everything, it's story and characters hold up and it can be watched on it's own outside the saga without any reliance on any other film.
>Say what you like, I enjoyed Rogue One. Decent effects, and though it's unwatchable if you haven't seen the OT, some of the scenes really improve on the lore of the original three.
>I didn't dislike Revenge of the Sith, I feel like it's good moments far outweigh the terrible ones.
>Force Awakens. Awful characters, MCGuffin sub-plots and a pointless second act. At least some of the effects were nice and the plot was easy to follow.
>Phantom Menace. Similar to the above. Some decent scenes (Pod Race etc.) weighed down by the lack of any protagonist and the focus on a CGI comic relief character.
>Last Jedi/ Attack of the Clones- Both terrible messes of a films. TLJ is almost impossible to follow as it's all over the place, whereas AotC is easy to follow but incredibly bland.

Childhood is idolising the OT, teenage contrarianism is watching the PT, and adulthood is realising the ST makes more sense

New Hope>Empire>Return of the Jedi>ROTS>Clones>PM>TLJ/TFA bottom of the fucking barrel

Empire > ANH > Rogue One (not bait) > ROTJ > 3 > TFA > 1 > 2
Haven't seen TLJ
Star Wars is shit by the way

4=5>6=3>7=1>RO>2>8

Same for me, except 3 and 6 are tied and leaning towards 6.

just my personal opinion
ANH > ESB > RotJ
there are no other Star Wars movies.

4>5>3>6>8>1>2>3>8>7>RO

...there is still hope for this thread

saw last jedi again last night.

revised star wars rankings:

1.) THE LAST JEDI

2 - 4.) the old ones that defined your childhood or whatever
5.) BB-8 is born
6 - 7.) the less old ones that ruined your childhood or whatever
8.) “oops, i guess we *don’t* have the technology to reanimate dead actors after all”)
9.) Clones

(same rankings I had after I saw TLJ the first time, but now the space between the top 2 spots is bigger)

its is sad, but there is truth to it

>not even updated