Has the push worked?

Has the push worked?

Do kids buy his toys? Do casual onlookers say "that's a cool comic book character who I would buy merchandise of, what is his story?" Does anyone give a fuck?

Is he ripping his skin open? Is that his blood? Whose blood is that?

See this kind of shit doesn't just happen overnight. They're trying to flesh him out with a solo book, and yet the ironic thing is the only villain people seem to care about is Grid

What villains does he even have? His villains are Titans villains. Grid is just Earth-3 Cyborg isn't he?

BOOYAH!

Shoulda stayed a Titan.

No, Grid actually was a self aware virus that was stuck in Vic's head for a good while. He only contacted and joined the Crime Syndicate because it benefited him and his evolution. As far as Cyborg villains go, I think theres a guy named Killg%re, Malware, and Anomaly

goddamn they can give him a non tech villian

Most of his popularity comes from Teen Titans

They also had this girl cyborg, name escapes me, who I guess they created so Vic could finally have sex with someone.

I enjoy his character but he REALLY needs to have more fun. Him and Shazam were awesome and i don't know why that stopped.

>created so Vic could finally have sex with someone.
I'm kekking heartily at the idea that there "parts" are straight from the Adam & Eve catalog

I don't get this idea on here that hes some unknown that needs to be "pushed"?
Hes been a semi-known DC character for like 40 years at this point.

the Teen Titans cartoon alone would make him more well known than half the c-list Justice League members over the years.

normalfags don't give two shits about cyborg

cool, normalfags don't give two shits about 99.9% of comic book characters

I don't really give a shit about Cyborg really either
How much do they play up his former footbal life? I'd love for him to be running the official League Fantasy League

which non-white character would you prefer on the JL?

They could have made MM's alter ego into a black guy, People like Icon and he's not really "black". I would like Black Lightning on the team or Mr. Terrific, he could have operated the boom tubes.

Not OP, but John Stewart, Blue Beetle, Vixen, Black Lightning, Firestorm or Steel are all significantly more interesting than Cyborg.

I don't like Jason Firestorm, I prefer Ronnie being the body. It doesn't make sense for the inside voice to be the dumbass, he has nothing to offer.

All of those except for Black Lightning (and he appeared rather quickly after) were being used in other teams/solo books at the launch of new52.

MM was in another team book during New52's launch, Icon couldn't be used, and I believe Mr Terrific was being developed in Power Girl? (appeared without powers at least)

Killg%re was a Wally West Flash villain first

in alt-Sup Forums would we be complaining about the push those characters received by being made founding JL members instead?

You know what villain Cyborg needs? A magic user. Its completely out of his wheelhouse and forces him to solve shit without hacking it. Also they need to start playing up his football history, because suddenly he stopped giving a shit about it after the incident. Which I get it, he cant play, but you would think he'd mention it now and then. More Metal Men or Red Tornado wouldnt hurt either

You can say that for every character except Batman.

I'm glad he never did too much with the Metal Men. He would've upstaged Will Magnus in the movie, who's a better character.

Mr Terrific isn't a meta, hes just really really smart and my Icon statement, I meant to say that people like Icon being a black guy even though hes not really so why couldn't they have just made MM a black detective.
I think the hate on Cyborg is because people associate him with the Titans, I mean the T tower was even built because his dad wanted some kids to hang with his abomination of a son.,

I'm actually enjoying his current ongoing, it really seems like it's putting effort into establishing a cast and rogues gallery for him.

Whatever happened to Shazam? He did nothing in Darkseid War then dropped off the face of the earth

>tfw no Shazam Rebirth
>tfw no continuation of the New 52 Shazam story
Jesus fucking christ I'm mad.

I liked some user's idea that Cyborg should just stop super heroing and decide to become a professional space-footballer.
His comics would then be about that instead of what it is currently.

I prefer Martian Manhunter in his spot.

Grid is now in a video so he's definitely the most popular.

Variant. She's the love interest.

it was in some cyber dream scape BS

>Made Cy into a lead when he doesn't have lead power
>If they wanted a black lead they had Stewart RIGHT THERE
>"Nah, let's ruin the Titans instead"

Patience, my friend.

>video
Video game

Cyborg has always been popular.

They don't use Cyborg. They're using Nu52 Cyborg. It's completely different Cyborg that not a single person gives a fuck about.

And that's a problem now. One of the key Titians is no longer a member so adapting their stories is really difficult.

Its amazing how JL/JLU made people think John is important

It's not surprising though, more people have watched the cartoons than people have read any amount of any of the comics

>Variant. She's the love interest.
Nah, I doubt she'd stay the love interest even after Cyborg saves her along with the rest of Star Labs from his dad's evil clone, firstly because bitch betrayed him and secondly because they made a point out of revealing who was the woman cyborg loved that he couldn't remember.

It's ironic that you're posting this in a Cy thread.

This guys a joke, right?

Eh he'll get as much push as Apple did their now failed USB alternative.

Probably.

Five bucks that the fat black guy that can control an army of feral cyborg rats could take him.

>Do kids buy his toys? Do casual onlookers say "that's a cool comic book character who I would buy merchandise of, what is his story?" Does anyone give a fuck?
Yeah, kids like Cyborg. Needs some good comics, though, and a gimmick. Like a writer who knows about computers or technology.

fuck proprietary bullshit
Lookin at you Vita
though I 100% where they were comin from

I dunno. I think it was mentioned later that Vic liked her

I think he means business

It was good till 2.0 and then it didn't advance fast enough to become eclipsed by 3.0 and now Type C which has the added benefit of video and audio lines.

>I dunno. I think it was mentioned later that Vic liked her
I think that's a solid case of him only liking her because she's the only cyborg woman on the planet.

So this is that cyber-sex that i've heard so much about.

For a second there i thought Cyborg's hand was on backwards.

Its just that he sounds like a shit fanfic character a kid would make up
>"So like, hes this ninja assassin with this sweet high tech armor that has this sword that cuts through time and space and hes super cool and he'd totally waste Cyborg but mess with him first because hes such a badass"

I think I must have missed an issue, last one I remember reading was the one about his old friend that committed suicide.

>That punch
Yow, right in the showers!

So far Vic's world has:

Support:
>Silas Stone
Shitty dad
>Sarah Charles
Best friend and former Gf
>T.O. Morrow
Created Red Tornado
>Blue Evans
Blind jazz player
>Exxy Clark
Smartass tech teen. sidekick pretty much
>Variant
Female counterpart
>Black Narcissus
Tech hero, head of R&D at Holt Industries in Detroit
>Officers Truit and Fairfax
Corrupt cops

Also good pals with Doc Magnus and the Metal Men

Villains:
>Grid
Dark mirror villain (I love this trope)
>Anomaly
Cyborg Silas clone
>Kilg%re
Stolen from WallyFlash
>Terrence Fisher
He's never coming back
>Rat Lord/Ratattack
Fat cripple drug lord, now a Cyborg rat
>H8-BIT
Childhood best friend now a digital entity
>Fyrewyre
Cybernetic ninja

Needs more magic as a previous user said.

Good point.

>commited suicide
Beat to death, user. Shit was dark

This is from Cyborg 13. Wasn't Storytimed. I would've done it if I wasn't a mobilefag

Kek

John is never getting a push. That would require upstaging Hal and we can't have that hurting our silver age sensibilities.

I like Cyborg and all but then I like him in the Titans more, when he had the accident the Titans made him into family but when he's in the league he's always on watch tower duty.

Wait, I thought there was an arc in the comics where Cyborg got his dick back?

I'm laughing at what they did with him in the books, they just made him the leader of the corps because that's his entire character, being bossy, being boring and marines OORAH. They just shoved him into the job position that makes people feel he's important without having to actually use him.

I love that the New 52 is dead and buried, but I really REALLY don't want this shit to be canon again. Like, ever. At all.

Is that Mary Marvel? The Shazam arc was pretty good though, sucks Mister Mind never became a thing

Yes, she went full edgelord retarded in countdown to final crisis

After the Justice League movie fails, Warner Bros. will come to their senses and force DC to put Martian Manhunter back on the team

Black Lightning. He's had JL experience.

> he's saying all this while jumping
It's like my biggest pet peeve in comic. I hate that.

Uh huh. If the corruption of MM at DC and One More Day over at Marvel could both be disappeared from their respective continuities I'd be a very happy camper.

What, the Super-villain intro speech? Come on, they've gotta have some perks to offset losing all the time.

Jason Firestorm traditionally paired with Stein, Ronnie in his head was a brief thing.

Nah, I don't mind the intro speech itself more than he apparently is able to say all this shit while he's jumping from one place to another. Like there is no way he's able to say all that while doing his action.

It's such a recurring thing in any comic (both good or bad) but it always strikes me as annoying albeit it's such a minor thing.

>I've remembered something-- about Iraq!
What?

The rat-controlling dude had potential to be an off-beat, non-tech villain for him, but they just turned him into a cyborg mutant rat and then killed him off.

If a movie ever comes out, I'll look into it.

She's an agent who got injured in a bomb explosion, so the CIA went to STAR Labs to have them repeat the cyborg process because they wanted to know what she learned in Iraq.

Which was what?

It worked out okay, there's a built in-fanbase with kids on TTGO and people who grew up on TT, normies don't mind him in videogames and movies. If you absolutely need a genetically black person as a JL founder, I think Cyborg worked out better than Black Lighting, Steel or Mr Terrific.

Yeah, Kyle is awesome. Boring John in that half panel of JLA confidential year later couldn't fill his boots, John has always been, and always will be, worst lantern.

Fuck I'd pick that up

Yes.

50 cent dressed up as Cyborg for his kids birthday party so yes

I like him. Him being on the justice league means Batman does not have to be the tech guy and can go back to being the detective ninja. He is a fun character when they give him things to do.

After JL they might, depends on how it goes.

I don't mind DC pushing him. Doesn't affect anything else adversely so it's not like a Marvel/Inhumans situation.

Nobody gives a fuck about MM.

>Not using Martian Manhunter for obligatory Oreo product placement.

That "Shazam volume 2" will literally never happen and Geoff was a fool for pushing his movie pitch so hard, instead of taking Morrison's ideas.

I just want John Fucking Stewart already.

>give him a non tech villian
A biomecha type guy, like, made up off cancer cells or whatever, can grow shit and all that jazz. Will target tech tycoons.
Call him Ad Block.

Is it really a push if it is an established character who's been around for decades?
I mean I like Martian Manhunter more, too, but Cyborg isn't some brand new character they're trying to hype as the new best thing or anything like that.

Also he was part of the Justice League in the 80s Super Friends Show. So maybe Johns and others thought he worked in that.

Ya know much about Cyborg?
Like if any of these are reused villains cause nobody remembered them the first time they were used preFlashpoint?

I keep saying. The best answer for the movies is TWO GLS. Otherwise you'll piss people off if the one they could care less about is in it.
A veteran (Hal, Guy, or John) and rookie (Kyle, Simon, Jessica)

He is in the justice league movie as a founding member, so yes.

They should have gone with the Original 7 =/

>A veteran (Hal, Guy, or John) and rookie (Kyle, Simon, Jessica)
That was the original idea for the Green Lantern movie.

A buddy cop superhero movie with John as the old veteran lantern and Kyle as the new but talened lantern, and Hal as Parallax.

1) He's one of the most popular black comic book characters on earth.

2) Justice league is not even out yet so give it another few months.

Can you imagine not only having a cute little logo designed for yourself, but installing it DIRECTLY INTO YOUR CHEST WITH A BACKLIGHT?

Ha ha ha, it has not worked.

His movie appearance is really terrible

I wish writers would incorporate him being an athlete and competitor more, make him more of a leader and action star