Dumping more samples of Big George, an obscure newspaper comic by magazine cartoonist Virgil "Vip" Partch

Dumping more samples of Big George, an obscure newspaper comic by magazine cartoonist Virgil "Vip" Partch.

It debuted in 1960 and at the height of its popularity, appeared in 300 newspapers in the U.S. and abroad. When Partch and his wife were killed in a traffic accident in 1984, he was so far ahead of schedule on "Big George" that the panel continued to run until 1991. It ended only because his last contract for the syndicate was expiring and sales were waning. In fact, there was actually about a month or two of further material that was never published.

Apologies in advance for the poor print quality of some of these daily panels.

Source: sc-newspapers.sc.edu/lccn/2012218660/

Other urls found in this thread:

yuki.la/co/91134041
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Previous thread: yuki.la/co/91134041

I really like that for some reason

Is Big George the Heathcliff of another universe?
Heathcliff/Big George team-up when?

these are amazing Op thanks so much for sharing them, Thered something weirdly interesting about them

You're welcome.

Taking a lunch break now, but I'll be back.

Why does he remind me of Herman Strips?

>Oh, you want WATER. I thought you were asking for some guy named WALTER.

I'm laughing more than I expected to. Thanks, OP

You're welcome.

>It ended only because his last contract for the syndicate was expiring and sales were waning.

Imagine how awkward it must be to discuss whether to cancel the ongoing strip made by a dead person.

These are amusing, thanks for the share OP. If he hadn't died, he'd have presumably made a backlog that could last until 2100.

>If he hadn't died, he'd have presumably made a backlog that could last until 2100.

It's an amazing thought, but Partch was actually retired by early 1984, and was spending time traveling with his wife.