How can people like western superheroes when the vast majority of them are born with their powers (or born with the...

How can people like western superheroes when the vast majority of them are born with their powers (or born with the means to give themselves power, like Batman) or they're gifted their powers? How can people enjoy a character whose entire existence revolves around being born into power and not having to do any of the hard work to get so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wGh67tr5iew
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because people generally are not weeaboos whose only concern is "power levels".

Goku was born with power.

Because Americans have a boner for monarchy and born privilege

oh nice it's the shitposting thread

*shitposts*

You never read the original comic where Bugs Bunny trains night and day under 1000 times Earth gravity for a month straight just to draw a single carrot out of Hammer space.

You don't know shit.

>muh blood line
>muh dad's mech

Both west and east are guilty of this shit and I hate it.

Yeah, a low-class deemed as trash from a mediocre race of fighters. He still had to get strong on his own even if genetics put him above human competitors.

Nothing to do with weabshit or powerlevels, I enjoy western cartoons where the hero has to work hard to get strong as well.

Maybe because good writing doesn't involve just showing off powers.

Green Lantern describes what you just said, and they don't even abuse the Zenkai bullshit. Just all willpower, all the time.

same reason why we can root for Goku even though goku is an insane madman menace with fighting autism

Because it's fun to see planets exploding from guys punching each other.

Stop being such a little bitch and accept the fact that some people are born geniuses, might not be fair but it's the way the world works.

Isn't that Black?

Why should it matter? Does winning the lottery at birth somehow lessen their heroics?

Sorry to break it to you but its now canon that Goku's dad was in fact the legendary super saiyan and thus goku is literally the son of a legend with legend genes.

Do you like the "chosen one" trope as well?

It definitely disconnects the audience from the character.

It has literally been stated that EoB is a "what-if" and not canon

nope its goku its from his fight with toppo when toppo calls him evil

That's not even the same picture you fat embarrassment.

saiyans are awesome

Goku...beautiful

>Yeah, a low-class deemed as trash from a mediocre race of fighters. He still had to get strong on his own even if genetics put him above human competitors.

Okay? He was born with powers. You can't pretend like Goku worked harder than Batman.

the fuck are you talking about?
he's bullet proof in his first episode
he was literally born stronger than any human
if you are trying to make a point that characters who train to become more powerful are more interesting than characters who are given power, goku is a bad example
right out of the gate he is more powerful than 99% of the people on the planet where he lives

its right before the first pic happens my friend

Look at it within context. Yeah, he was born with powers, not born INTO power. He was a weakling who got strong due to hard work.

That doesn't answer the question. Does it really matter if someone was born better, so long as they use their talents for the greater good?

Nah, they are a bunch of barbaric little shit that went full retard and turned their planet inhabitable. They dying was the best thing that could have happened to the dragon ball universe.

No scientific advancement, no full fledged civilization. Truly, Saiyans are the niggers of dragon ball.

nigga can transform into a giant monkey you fucking idiot piece of shit subhuman garbage

He got it cause his best friend blew up his other best friend

>Yeah, he was born with powers, not born INTO power.

explain the distinction please.

Goku comes from a race that gets strong from near death experiences.

You might have been onto something back when MA skills actually meant something. But as super showed us, long as they have the ability to heal up + super strong foe then they don't have to work for shit.

bothers me they don't have tails. I guess writers forgot that was a saiyan thing

actually the universe 6 ones i.e. the ones I posted are peaceful fighting force but I agree with ya on the universe 7 ones

Saiyans are just fighting tards they are not comparable to niggers because under Frieza(white man) rule they had a stable developed civilization something actual blacks in our world cant do today.

naw its cause their slave labour animation team hates drawing tails like they hate drawing cells spots. the last Saiyan with a tail was Tarble vegeta's brother

>Rapid learning and mastery of skills
>Power level increases when killed or near death and recovers
>Presence of tail and moon like object transforms individual into giant super powered monkey
>Several inherent species forms increase power even further
>Most other battle manga MC follow suit in handing out some form of these advantages
It's a mystery shitposter OP.

actually freeza is more of a landshark Japanese business man then a white man but it doesn't matter cause he's an alien also the saiyans got tech when they killed the Tuffles

Why does it matter if you're born with powers if you're still an ant in the grand scheme of things? If everyone else in your race is more powerful than you, and your race isn't even that high in the food chain to begin with, then you're not special.

Goku has good genetics, sure, but it's still a fact that if he hadn't trained and broke his limits, he'd still be the lower-tier trash he was destined to be. That's the entire theme of his fight with Vegeta: how a low-class can surpass an elite with hardwork. Vegeta is an example of someone born INTO power. Just like Freeza. And Cell. And so on. And those are the walls that Goku overcomes (mostly) with hardwork and determination.

user goku is friends with the king of everything he's not an ant in the grand scheme of things. he doomed 8 universes just cause he was bored

>tenshinhan
>trained all his life
>will never ever get close to Piccolo let alone Goku because he didnt born as an alien
>gets stomped by joke characters like Roshi or implied to be weaker than humans who dont train at all like Krillin

Get fucked. DB is a terrible example of everything

Goku is the reason why the universes have a fighting chance to exist, Zeno was gonna 404 them anytime now he has a competition to see who doesnt get 404.

Zeno's reasons are complete bullshit he just wants to delete the realities because he feels like it.

Yeah, he's not an ant ANYMORE. That's the point. He got so far out of his own merit.

>different background

Krillin is the strongest human on earth hes on par with Jeice from the Ginyu Force at this point.

Goku, after training for years and years and years with some of the best martial artists on the planet, still struggled against plenty of pure-blooded humans throughout DB

>Why does it matter if you're born with powers if you're still an ant in the grand scheme of things?

>How can people like western superheroes when the vast majority of them are born with their powers (or born with the means to give themselves power, like Batman) or they're gifted their powers?

You just got fucked by your argument.

What are you even talking about? Goku was born an ant and would have stayed an ant if not for his work.

Superman was born a top tier and will remain a top tier.

I made a mistake the first pic is from his fight with u9's Bergamo youtu.be/wGh67tr5iew

a certain purple horse comes to mind, made me hate this trope

>He got so far out of his own merit
>loses a battle
>after healing with a magic bean he comes back with 30000000x the strength he had
>own merit

haha good one
Remember he went from being barely stronger than Gynyu (80k pl) to go toe with toe against 4th form half power Frieza (like 100m pl)

Literally from 100k to 50m for just losing a fight. Then he gets angry and jumps to 150m (and no, getting a power up for being angry is not his own merit)

>throughout DB
Dragon ball the series that existed before Saiyans a concept we introduced and after which proceeded to render all human characters irelevant

>Freeza = british
>saiyans = africans

makes you think

>Superman was born a top tier and will remain a top tier.

Sure thing, boyo!

Pretty sure he is. Tenshinhan would Kikoho both of them into space dust tho

He was referring to your Batman remark.
Bruce and Goku were born "an ant" compared to others, but also born with the means to give themselves power after "hard work" made them the peak of their species.

>zenkai boost after losing a battle
>SS boost for being butthurt at losing a battle

Are you sure the word you are looking for is merit?

>western superheroes when the vast majority of them are born with their powers

Aside from the X-Men that almost never happens.

the universe 6 saiyans prove that he coulda gotten super Saiyan whenever. He just had to focus his ki into his back as they retconned that ki uses the chalkra points. He also had to use a ritual to get to god level. I'd argue that vegeta's a better example cause he actually is shown training more then goku is and he's grown as a person while goku's regressed to compared to how nice he was as a kid. Gine, bardock and Grandpa Gohan would be disappointed in him.

do you just watch shonen shit or what? does all your enjoyment hinge on such a dumb fucking thing? id rather read all star superman than watch DBZ because it's actually well written

Zeno was going to do it in like several trillion years probably. goku fast tracked it and the high priest is probably manipulating everything to so that didn't help matters

>and will remain a top tier.

Damn straight, little bitch. What are you gonna do about it? Cry in your chinese cartoons board? You should shut up and worship the alpha male.

As much as I hate power levels, Goku was born with the same average as the average adult. He was a fairly strong baby and could most likely kill a lot of humans, but he was not that strong.
Saiyans were most likely counting on the full moon so Goku could kill humans.
In DB you can only get stronger through training, special techniques and transformations; the only reason Goku was strong enough to deflect bullets and defeat the Red Ribbon Army is because Gohan trained him since he was a toddler.

It's a major disappointment that humans are so much weaker than other species. I get it, the series was about Goku and his family, but there was no reason to make humans so utterly weak during the Frieza and Cell sagas.
The human Z Fighters are the strongest humans in the world (not counting 17 and 18) and are amongst the most powerful warriors in the 7th universe, for what it's worth. Plus, humans seem to be very smart in that universe (or at least human scientists.)

the human characters fought with goku when he was ssb

You are exaggerating how much time and trouble he had with humans. All the people that gave him any real trouble were older experienced fighters like Tao and Tien. And once he surpassed them he jumped in power level by an absurd amount. Like, tao took a full power kameha from goku without being hurt, next time they fought kid goku just wrecked him without being able to touch him.

Tao was one of the strongest fighters in the world below roshi and probably his brother and later Tien. After them, only a literal demon and his offspring gave him any trouble.

yes. fuck people born into power. I never liked or related to them. its a shitty aspect to life we have no control over. I'd rather see someone like goku at least work for what he has now. he would be nothing without his drive for self improvement and help from others.

Except you still need to be strong enough and angry enough if you're not a genius like Caulifla. Look how the tingle method didn't work for Kale.

He barely improved by training in the ship going to Namekkusei. The big boost was from zenkai and later SS transformation. With his "own" drive he would have perished against second or third form Freezer

without help from others, his ass would have been killed multiple times

>barely improved

>went from nearly dying from using kaiokenx4 to using kaiokenx20 and being relatively fine

well Kale is an LSSJ of course the tingle method wouldn't work with her. LSSJs reasons to go LSSJ is usually from underline mental problems or trauma i.e broly became a LSSJ cause he hated goku cause goku cried as a baby and Kale went LSSJ cause she didn't like how close she thought Cabba was getting to her mentor Cauli

>goku muh ant
goku and the rest of saiyan niggers were just a buncha dumb gorillas

>an actual ant that holds back an elephant
If tien had never developed the solar flare they would had all been killed by vegeta, freeza, cell and buu. probably others that I am forgetting

Also, dumb saiyan niggers keep throwing spirit blasts at each other instead of perfecting Krillins destructo disc.

also, they are shitty parents.

He had a zenkai after getting his ass kicked by Vegeta you fucking retard.

Also he didnt use the kaiokenx20 until his next zenkai.

God you are fucking retarded.

Krillin destructo disk probably has an upper limit. Like above certain strength it doesnt work anymore. Everyone can use it. If there was a reason to use it, they would. They dont because its a shitty attack that its only useful at Krillin level.

Hell, Goku used last week a much better version of it that doesnt need charging and can be fired with a single finger

Iron Fist

He used it just to free Frieza. He knows the attack, he improved it yet he doesnt use it on actual fights because its not useful

I think its dependent on power levels, krillins didn't do shit against cell but cell was throwing his pink discs against goku

First off you're wrong, lots of superheroes weren't born with their powers. Some had power gifted to them because they were judged worthy of it (Captain America, Captain Marvel, the Green Lanterns), some gained them by pure accident or happenstance (Spider-Man, Flash), and some created their power themselves (Ironman, Ted Kord).

Second the answer to your question is that the central aspect of a heroic character isn't how they achieved their power, but what they do with that power once they have it. Batman is a heroic character because being born a Wayne he could have done anything with his life and wealth, but he chose to use his vast fortune and resources to help others. Superman was born with power, but what makes him a hero is his decision to use his immense power to help others.

Tl;dr The origin of their power is irrelevant, what defines a character is what they use that power for. That's what makes them interesting

Weaboos should be killed

Goku uses that form at the drop of a hat now, that don't mean shit

That boring ass show? Nigga plz.

They hate drawing anything, look at the abomination that is Even tho that is fan art

Freiza is the best DB character.

That's not how you spell Cell.

It's not who I am underneath, but what I DO that defines me.

Goku has gone through so many power ups that it's lost its weight, now anyone and their mother can become a super saiyan by focusing energy on their backs and every arc ends with him getting a stronger form to beat the stronger bad guy. Even before that, saiyans got stronger with near death experiences, sensu beans, being angry and some other inhuman advantages.

>How can people like

There's much more to life than fighting and power levels.