Horror trope shit

why are pale, elongated, sunken faces the go-to horror movie choice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0z6xGU2_g9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because only tards watch horror movies so you cna do the same thing over and over and it'll still work

they look like rotting corpses, which in theory should subconciously reminds us of our own mortality but in practice it doesn't have much of a lasting effect if at all

Problem with horror - and I'm pretending 99 percent of those movies aren't money laundering schemes - is that it takes too long to start and first 45 minutes is formulaic setup. Nearly every horror movie has the same structure and they never mix it up.

Oh, you were talking about faces.

They are archetype of dead, decaying bodies. Death always fascinated and frightened the humanity.

Because it's "spooky" user.
What era will we go into next in Horror?
>Dracula/Frankenstein
>Monster movies
>Slashers
>Ghosts
>Zombies for a bit
>Ghosts/Demons/Clowns
What will be the new face of horror in the upcoming years?

>modern horror flick
>found footage
>villain is a long, pale monstrosity, ostensibly humanoid, droopy mouth optional

they dont look much like corpses at all though

have you ever seen a corpse?

Ancient genetic memories of the pale-skinned, man eating giants known as the sons of the watchers.

In real life monsters have pale, sunken faces and elongated noses

Femi-nazist and black people.

>the Jews were the real monsters all along
>The Nazis were trying to save us
>Soon they will shed their skin and reveal their true dark jew form
im scared guys

Because those traits are exactly what a dead or dying person looks like, and we instinctually fear this appearance.

there are some movies that do a good job of getting right to the point

the conjuring 2 reveals the spirit fairly early, for example

can you Sup Forums idiots talk about anything else for once? You're so fucking annoying holy shit there's a board for this

shut it down

Obviously the monster depiction gets sanitized for mainstream consumption, but the general aspect (sunken eyes, mouth open, etc) is meant to evoke the image with varying degrees of success

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WHAT IS THAT

We remember them from our ancestral past

walking through club when this guy slaps your girls ass from 10 ft away, what do?

this

kek

>replying to my own post pretending to agree with it
very jewish of me

Reminder: every myth and legend passed down through the ages is always ultimately based on real life occurrences

That looks interesting, where is that scene in the gif from? I'm not gonna get my hopes up that it's a good movie though, most movies nowadays have one good scene like that one and thats it...

Agreed

Yeah, but real life occurrences interpreted through ignorance of the time.

to instil hate towards whites

youtube.com/watch?v=0z6xGU2_g9s

Up until that stupid jump scare it was actually really good. The exited expression on the monsters face really sells it

They remind the viewer of skulls dummies.

Nope, 2016 mobileposters have to put identity politics into every thread

tie his arms in a knot like they do in cartoons

I didn't much care for the cue note when they revealed his face either.

True, It would've been nicer without it. The gif is much creepier as a standalone.

>mfw it's actually just a foam prop