Why did everyone say these were shit when they came out?

why did everyone say these were shit when they came out?

that isnt the real poster for ep1 is it?

Because they were

1. Jar Jar Binks
2. This film is still one of the worst films ever made.
3. They didn't, they just thought it was rushed.

At least that's how I remember it.

they have problems like ajr jar, overused CGI and etc. but mostly its that the expectations were set way too high.

I remember really liking obi wan but getting tired of the movies toward the end. They had some good parts but they just weren't very good movies.

it isn't. For some reason people here keep posting those fake posters.

pic related is the real one

And still are

thnx

I thought episode 1 was fucking boring, but I liked the other 2 as a kid, mainly because they had lightsabers and cool star wars music

Normal people and children liked it, only turbonerds and critics disliked them at launch. The hate only became cool after the Plinkett reviews, and even then the shitiness of Disney Wars has made people appreciate them more again.

le epic Sup Forums contrarians are not normal people

The dialogue was bad but the lore building, effects and action scenes were really good.

I don't recall Sup Forums existing when the prequels came out, Mickey

nah since the sequels came out the prequels are based

I was talking about this retardation that you made up, it didn't actually happen, only with retarded autists on this board.
>and even then the shitiness of Disney Wars has made people appreciate them more again.

Ah, that's the current state of things though, Mickey

he's right, you're wrong. .

b/c they were good but seemed like shit compared to the legendary OT

now with SJWars being so shitty and fucked up, people appreciate the PT... which now look like pure art compared to SJWars

no the prequels are actually highly complex artistic spazms suspended from the intrinsic mind of sir george lucas

Because he may have gone a little bit too far in some places.

Because we didn't know how low the bar would go.

>Prequel apologists

Oh no no no ahhhahahahahahahahaha

enoy your sjw wars

She lost the will to live

"No NO! A bunch a shit written after the fact explains that away."

>>The hate only became cool after the Plinkett reviews
>The character of the Jakovasaurus is a reference to fan reactions to the character Jar Jar Binks, a comic relief character inserted into George Lucas' Star Wars prequel Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. The character was widely panned for being annoying, racially stereotyped and out of place in the series. Trey and Matt mentioned that after seeing the character in a trailer for Episode I, they said, "people are going to hate that thing."
this is a south park episode from 1999

muh headcanon

Let him have his fantasy that RLM actually matters.

>The hate only became cool after the Plinkett reviews
Mods should take this statement or anything similar as a confession to being under the age of 18.
It's same problem with how teenagers view the prequels shitty dialogue. People have been ironically quoting it for years and now kids (with the encouragement of contrarians) are tricked into thinking people like it.

They will always be shit.

FAX

>Mods should take this statement or anything similar as a confession to being under the age of 18.
the same could be said of "everyone always hated the prequels"

have you not seen they got ghost story trending

see most of what’s going on above proves to me that prequel hate is mostly just a meme.
this. it was only cool after the plinkett reviews.
these are the only people who have given reasons for criticism. they also take a more middle ground approach stating the strengths and weaknesses of the films. the posters in this thread who flat out dislike the prequels have given no reasons. theyre only regurgitating a reddit tier meme that theyve heard everyone else using for the past couple years.

i dont think the prequels are very good movies, but most of the hate theyve received is completely undeserved and only fueled by mindless drones trying to fit in and get in on the hate. kind of like the opposite of saying you love beyonce to get accepted by normies. brainlet move.

that picture is too painful to exist what the fuck