Elric is a jackass. Why is he still likable?

Elric is a jackass. Why is he still likable?

Other urls found in this thread:

alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ELRIC HOW CAN YOU BE SO FLIPPANT, AND SO DESIRABLE?

Because Melniboneans rock the acid.

Because he pretends you don't exist.

And therefore you want him.

EVERYONE WANTS ELRIC.

ESPECIALLY THE JAPANESE

WHY HAS THIS ONE CHARACTER BEEN COPIED TO DEATH?

i like a protagonist that doubts his actions at every step of the way, then does irredeemably stupid and evil things and broods about them

L I T E R A L L Y M E

>Elric is a jackass
Most anti-heroes are.
>Why is he still likable?
He's not. He's like Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes or Dr House: you'd drown the the fucker in the tub if you had to put up with his bullshit for any length of time; but it's amusing to watch him be an asshole to people around him so you can get away with it by proxy.

>He's not.
I like him.

>Elric is a jackass. Why is he still likable?

As a general rule, people like jackasses in fiction because a) it's amusing to watch them irritate others and b) people want to fug them until they're no longer a jackass.

the Japanese have a gazillion black-haired prettyboys, so it's not surprising that they have made a fair number of white-haired prettyboys too.

Thing is, i'm half certain Elric predates them all. Elric was, and still is, hugely popular in the Japanese otaku scene in the 70s and 80s when American and British media were making waves across the country. Why do you think Stormbringer is in Daicon IV?

That's true. I'm just saying that if Elric didn't already exist, they would have invented him.

Maybe. But i doubt they would have made it better...or worse considering his luck.

None too good?

Who would win in a fight to the death between all these characters? My moneys on Alucard.

D, Griffith, Alucard are tough as they come.

But i still gotta give the edge to Elric because Stormbringer is such a wild card. That thing is insane.

The first question to ask yourself: Do Elric job like a bitch, or do his sword actually desire for him to win?

>Do Elric job like a bitch,
Elric's still got plenty of shit up his sleeve if he's juiced up and ready to summon elemental lords or his Chaos patrons. But Stormbringer? Fuck knows what happens then.

But then again, if Elric jobs, no more Blood and Souls.

Wonder ifYoshitaka Amano's art of Elric here predates his Final Fantasy stuff. That could explain things.

He's done a ton of illustrations for the Japanese editions of Moorcock's novels so I'm leaning towards yes.

Elric can survive jobbing. He has done it several times.

Yes, it does. That's why there are so many characters with that look; he set a precedent for a lot of nerd artists to draw from.

goddamn! and might as well add that dope Arthas to this.

Could probably do a whole similar pic for various soulsucking demon blades as well. There's at least one in every RPG ever, both Eastern and Western.

So who would say wins?

Base Elric, base Corum or base Hawkmoon? No magical equipment on any part, so that means no magic eyes and swords.
My money is on Hawkmoon personally.

Arthas should go in pic and one of the Elric pics can go. Everything comes from the latter though so he goes center i guess.

My question was who in the pic would win, Elric isn't in the pic is he?

>There's at least one in every RPG ever, both Eastern and Western.
Sentient evil swords come from the Kalevala but Stormbringer brought them to the forefront.
Not only is he in there, but he's in there TWICE.

I can't tell, they all look alike. Okay, so exluding Elric, who would win?

Geralt is completely fucked.

I'd have to say Alucard since he's fought alot of the shit that D would throw at him and Griffith hasn't done shit so far. His power is only implied so it doesn't mean anything.

ELRIC VS THE LICH KING(Not Arthas)

WHO WINS?

>a shitty wand that do a lot of fancy shit
>famed for MILITARY TACTICS and Necromancy
vs
The greatest jobber in the Universe, unless Strombringer or Arioch says no.

I know most of these characters, but I somehow never quite realized how many white haired pretty boys with a tragic origin/fate there were.

So we're in agreement then that Elric would kick his frozen ass back to Northrend right?
Ice is frozen water and Straasha still has loyalty to Elric.

He could still make poor life decisions, and piss away all his advantages.

Yeah, but in the end he still wins. Just not in the way he hoped.

>He could still make poor life decisions, and piss away all his advantages.
When did Elric NOT MAKE BAD DECISIONS?

It's a good combination. Who else fits the bill?

I wish we had more on the Lord of Law besides everything that happens in the other multiverse series.

Lords* of Law.

Usually after he has fucked up several times, and is suddenly cornered.
Or when his Ring got stolen, and he prioritized correctly.

Yeah, i think he dealt with the bullshit of Nadsokor quite correctly. Myshella's business was a bit odd.

Move aside, the one true Elric has arrived.

But this Elric is his namesake. And could kick that pipsqueaks ass even without his drugs.

Geralts first instinct would just be to nope out of there

Geralt is too much of a bragging edgelord to run right away.

And he'd probably be the first to get shishkebbabed.

So who can beat pic related?

Because he's beautiful and fragile and also a dick.

He's the perfect bishounen.

>tfw fucking Rance of all things has a tribute to Stormbringer

FUCK
IT EVEN HAS A TWIN
alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos

I don't think that Stormbringer could kill Alucard. Or at least, it would take waaaay too long with all of those souls.

Stormbringer is a hungry son of a bitch. Takes a literal army to satisfy it and if it's going full Black Blade mode or Elric summons that dimension of its brothers and sisters, there's very little that can stop it.

We're talking Castlevania Alucard, not Hellsing Alucard.

>Hellsing Alucard.
It's got a good chance against him as well. Cuts through reality as well so that Schrodinger bullshit isn't going to cut it.

I want to say D, but that's probably more from a fanboy perspective. Cecil a bitch

>Elric
>Winning in the end
He failed that. Thrice, at the least.
His waifu had to be mercy killed. His poor decisions killed his shot at non incest
He fucked up management for the final battle, so he had to kill his best friend afterwards
Sword fucking won the campaign, eating Elric