So was this actually the same Robin?

Just different ages?

No, they were just designed similarly.

If anything, Teen Tians Robin was Dick from TAS ecause Teen Titans Speedy showed up in JLU with the same design.

Nothing at all to support that. Also nothing at all to refute it though, so go nuts.

That was so odd.

So Ron Pearlman's Slade is like Deathstroke's too? That would be fun to see.

oh shit

That doesn't make sense unless Dick from TAS worked with Batman as Robin, then went off and did things with the Titans and established himself as an independent leader, and then came back to work for Bruce again.

TAS wasn't animesque, wasn't made at the same time, and most importantly was explicitly set in a different continuity.

Batman mentions Dick going to the Titans to Static Shock.

Maybe you are confusing Tim from Return of the Joker with him? Future Nightingale does show up on Beyond.

Also the same voice actor. Also the guy who voiced Wally West in JLU voiced Kid Flash in TT.

That's exactly what happens in the comics though. Dick and Bruce have a falling out (or Dick leaves amicably, depending on the version) to become the leader of the Titans. Eventually he comes back to Gotham/Bludhaven and becomes Nightwing.

There is literally no reason the TT show can't be canon to the DCAU, and several reasons why it can be.
>TT robin is a bit angrier and would make sense for post-estrangement Dick
>TT Speedy appears in JLU
>Michael Rosenbaum voices Wally as Kid Flash in TT, and as older Wally in JL/JLU (presumably the Flash from STAS is actually Barry, which would explain why his costume, voice, and personality are all different, and would explain the Kid Flash costume appearing in JL)
>No characters except Robin and Speedy appear in both TT and DCAU, so there is exactly zero contradiction
>Titans are mentioned in Static Shock, though that is during Tim's time as Robin, but there's no reason the Titans couldn't have existed before Tim

Quads confirms, Viperposting will save you'll from shitposting.

my new headcanon

Batman said Static would meet the Titans so I'm pretty sure it wasn't canon when my dad fucked me.

This was what I always thought. Nice to see it listed out though.

But that's kind of what happened tho. Dick worked with Bruce in TAS, then he left and came back as Nightwing in TNAB. There is even an episode that shows a flashbacks of why Dick left, and if you add that to Batman mentioning Robin being with the Titans in Static Shock and the JLU thingy, it's plausible that it is the same character

Any explanation for Flash and Speedy's ages?

Static Shock, which is in the DCAU, crossed over with Batman, who tells him Robins in the Teen Titans and Static will "meet them soon"

how do you mean?

He's an adult in JLU so I don't see the problem. Just reinforces it.

officially no, but I like to think it is, since it's easier to fit The Batman and TT together than it is to do so with TT & the DCAU, just have Teen Titans set a couple years after The Batman end

only major contradiction comes from there being 2 different Killer Moth's, and that's pretty easy to deal with compared to the timeline headaches TT in the DCAU would cause

Only Dick left Bruce at a much, much older age.

retard

Ehh, the problem I have with that theory, and always have since the days both JLU and TT were on the air, is that it kinda fucks with the overarching trajectory of the DCAU if the Titans have already saved the world from Literally Satan, and united all the teen superheroes in the world into a massive co-op network... years before their adult counterparts would ever think "Hey, maybe all 7 of us should hang out on the weekends", let alone "We should set up a global super-hero co-op!"

It doesn't add anything to the overall message of either show, it just makes one or both groups of heroes look worse - cuz either the older heroes were stuck in their ways and behind the times even after the whole planet was endangered numerous times, and the Justice League is a bunch of Johnny Come-Latelies with an overinflated sense of importance, or the younger heroes eventually fell apart and couldn't hack it as a REAL global super-team, and the Justice League have to step up to show how it's REALLY done.

Anyway, it was a different time, back when Teen Titans was the first non-DCAU DC cartoon in years. Nobody argues that, say, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go, Justice League Action and that one OVA they released with the Imaginext Superfriends toys are all in the same continuity because they all have Khary Payton as Cyborg..

That was at a point where Tim was Robin in TAS continuity.

Well in JLU, Speedy looks older than in TT and maybe he could be the same age as Flash and DCAU'S NIghtwing

This, Dick was basically the one to graduate to a non-sidekick ID even if sidekicks went out on their own (besides Barry dying somehow so Wally can take over, but that's a different case).

If you want a meta reason, that Robin wasn't supposed to be Dick Grayson when he was conceived. He was supposed to be a composite of the three "main" Robins without a specific identity. By the third or fourth season, they realized that they skewed him too far toward Dick and just ran with it.

now I gotta find those comics
come to think of it, ive never read the JLU ones either aside from the Christmas and Question issues

Wait, wasn't the Robin who showed up on Static Shock Tim Drake? If Dick went to the Titans by that point wouldn't that mean he was Nightwing?

I think the craziest moment for me was when, one morning I caught the season premiere of The Batman alongside Legion of Super-Heroes.

The Batman's was his first meeting with Superman, with the twist being that THIS Bats' already knows the value of teamwork, so he's the one trying to get Superman to stop being such a loner.

Then, in LoSH, Superman met Superman X, an edgy, broody clone of himself from the even fartherer future, and the episode ended with Supes going "Y'know, you remind me of a guy I knew back in the 20th century... but I eventually got him to realize the value of teamwork, too."

And I realized that these shows, despite airing back-to-back, had two totally different takes on Superman, with one deliberately inverting their usual first-meeting-dynamic, and the other deliberately but indirectly referencing the more commonly known version of that dynamic, where the early tension comes from Bruce being the loner.

TL,DR: I realized then and there that there would never again be any shared continuity across multiple DC shows. But we've gotten some great shows since then, so who cares?