I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps:
His day is marching on.

I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
“As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my grace shall deal;
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel,
Since God is marching on.”

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment-seat:
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! Be jubilant, my feet!
Our God is marching on.

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in his bosom that transfigures you and me:
As he died to make men holy, let us die to make men free,
While God is marching on.

He is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,
He is wisdom to the mighty, He is honour to the brave;
So the world shall be His footstool, and the soul of wrong His slave,
Our God is marching on.

'A Heretic may see the truth and seek redemption. He may be forgiven his past and will be absolved in death. A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor.'

Will a Sup Forumsmrade get me up to date on rebirth Azz? It looks like he's a combination of Jean-Paul and the holy swords Azz from pre-flashpoint?

he first pops up in Batman and Robin Eternal

So holy old testament powers or crazy cult supersolider fuckery?

His introduction was in Batman and Robin: Eternal as enforcer of The Sacred Order of St. Dumas. In this iteration a technognostic cult: a radicalized version of Teilhard de Chardin Omega Theologhy. Later on he defected from the Order after he found out he was robbed as a child and indoctrinated/brainwashed to serve the Order. Later on he helped the Batfamily to defeat Mother. To atone for his work as the Order's enforcerer he sweared he would end the Order and finally do good in the world.

In his first appearence in Detective Comics Rebirth he informed Batman about the Colony after they beat the shit out of him. While being in care Dr. Leslie Thompkins, he began working there and helping people. When the Victim Syndicate invaded the clinic he defended the patinets against them. After the battle he joined the Batfamily.
I like this version of Azrael, because he is a good man trying to do good in the world His religous side is a major partof his characterization. His battlesuit is the Suit of Sorrow a cyber-active system merging machine intelligence with human one.

He also a crazy/brainwashed soldier of God

Jean-Paul has very expressive eyes.

It is some necronic techno-magic bullshit.

>its been a year and clayface still isnt evil again

Azreal knows Sasquatch from Alpha Flight?

He will probably stay good until Tynion leaves TEC. Then everyone will have to put him down.

Seems good.

> Cass and based Basil are good friends in this run.
> it's gonna tare at Cass seeing her friend become a monster.
> it's going to tare the reader apart seeing Basil who's been the highlight of this entire series be evil again.

I DON'T WANT THESE FEELS DAMMIT TYNION!!!

Only thing that scares me with this arc is how bloated it'll be.
> B plot is Zatanna and Bruce pursuing Ra's and Button angle.
> Flashback with Teen Bruce and Zatanna working for the later's father.
> A plot is Luke and Jean Paul centric with probably Kate as a side character.
> another heart tugging Based Basil and Cass moment happens in this arc per Tynion confirmed. On the bright side it'll probably mean one or two pages spared on them.

>necronic techno-magic
Thats disappointing.
Why can't I get some straight Deus Vult?
I can get Etrigan rhyming a literal deal with the devil but crusader man has to use knockoff starktec.

There is Hotspot from Zenith

for the Emperor

>Yankee war hymn
gross

It's nice to see religious characters who are good guys instead of insane fanatics.

Agreed. Though I'm not sure Jean-Paul is really going to stay that way - there were hints in both Victim Syndicate and Tec 950 that his armor literally drives the wearer mad.

I also liked the Raven miniseries because Rachel's family were very Christian, but not evil or intolerant.

Wow. WOOOOOOW. I'm not impressed.

? What does that have to do with the preview page?

Because it's wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords and not even Denny gets that obnoxiously long winded. Also I'd rather not get the amalgam of Jean-Paul and Michael Lane since they were their own distinct character until Lane was just EDGY AssCreed NOT-Templar Knight.

The page you commented on has, like, three tiny word balloons...

You do realize comics are more than just a single page, do you think every Bendis comic has Bendisspeak on every page?

Usually people will post a Bendisy page as an example, not some random page he happened to write.

Exactly. Maybe post a response criticizing a page you actually have a problem with.

>Dixon Center

Cheeky.

EXMA???A ? What?

How the fuck does Tynion keeps getting work? Fucker hasn't improved from writing fanfiction tier stories with no substance and he painfully misses the characters he's claims to be fan of.

JPV was interesting due being a completely normal guy struggling to no lose himself to the system. Making him willing member of St Dumas loses the entire point of his character.

I'm dying to see how he will fuck up Anarky next.