CW Multiverse

I never thought I would say it, but I fucking love the CW Multiverse. It manages to isolate the heroes to their respective universe while still having ample opportunity to have them meet up.

Post things you like!
Post things you don't like!
Post things you wish you could change!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Ich8g0GIcs
youtube.com/watch?v=hlpqFCfgXHs
youtube.com/watch?v=tv71qrUbtPI
youtube.com/watch?v=J33_8CzhJCo
youtube.com/watch?v=5FUM0aSppH8
youtube.com/watch?v=cPr0kM131nQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3LAUGA01mUc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've lost track of the timeline a year or more ago.
Needs a timeline image of when each episode takes place in the timeline.

It's kind of a trainwreck mate.

Although this isn't the best timeline, I'd say this is close.

Arrow Season 1
Arrow Season 2
Arrow Season 3 - Flash Season 1 - Constantine
Arrow Season 4 - Supergirl Season 1 - Flash Season 2 - Legends of Tomorrow Season 1
Arrow Season 5 - Supergirl Season 2 - Flash Season 3 - Legends of Tomorrow Season 2

Even though he isn't a main character (yet), Superman IS PRESENT in this multiverse and could potentially interact with any of the characters. Even if he's hardly ever used, knowing SUperman is a part of this universe gives it a sense of weight that makes it more than just a TV show (Agents of NOTHING)
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ich8g0GIcs

I don't like that Earth 2 is Earth 3

I wish there was a Birds of Prey show.

Redo flash season 2/3 completely, redo Arrow season 4, and use another flashpoint or CoIE to force Supergirl into the main universe

This universe houses my favorite live action version of a cape villain so I guess the series can't be all bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=hlpqFCfgXHs

I mean, seasons 3 and 5 of Arrow are pretty bad too.

I know he definitely had a few things wrong with him, but Zoom was actually a pretty neat villain that actually seemed as threatening as he looked. His first appearance in Season 2 where he manhandles Barry and takes him for a run around time was brilliant.
youtube.com/watch?v=tv71qrUbtPI

I liked Season 5. It had some misfires (Mr. terrific needs to die, Prometheus's Keikaku was overdone, Sirens nerfs) but what did work worked super well (Thea, Dog, FelicityxHelix, the finale)

Arrow season 3 was pretty bad though

I think Savitar made me retroactively hate Zoom more. The endless parade of speedsters just hurts

So far which one would you say you guys enjoy more, CW Multiverse or the DCEU?
>If the DCEU is part of the multiverse then this question is moot. That said, I've never seen it confirmed that they are connected.

Are there people HERE that watch these shows in any large part FOR the repetitive relationship drama? (as opposed to the actual cape drama/action?)

remove felicity and iris
flash season 3 was utter garbage

I enjoy both but the CWverse has let me down recently, while I've enjoyed every DCEU movie so far.

I liked the jaildad drama from season 1

I feel the CW needs relationship drama to attract the females in their demographic.

Rank CW Shows

1. The Flash S01
2. Legends of Tomorrow S02
3. Arrow S02
4. Constantine
5. Arrow S01
6. Legends of Tomorrow S01
7. The Flash S02
8. Supergirl S01
9. Arrow S03
10. The Flash S03
11. Arrow S04
>I thought legends of tomorrow was literally going to be the worst thing I've seen on the CW. I was wrong....very very wrong. I was a stellar time hopping adventure with ridiculous nods to past history with characters that could never carry their own movie but kick all kinds of ass on TV

Haven't seen Arrow Season 5, Supergirl Season 2, or Vixen

So what do you guys want to see out of the crossover(s) next year?

The CW shows are cancer

your cancer

>2. Legends of Tomorrow S02
The writers fucked up Thawne's continuity, brings it down to 6 or 7 for me.

I actually don't want to see any crossovers. having them pal around in a series specifically built for it is one thing (Legends of Tomorrow), but wasting episodes from a season long arc when the arc itself is poorly written is fucking atrocious and those writers should be shot. Also it sucks for those of us that don't watch all the shows and instead stick to just one or two.

Also I fucking LOVE the Atom suit. I was worried it was going to be a discount Iron Man but I was wrong. Also Routh is a great actor adding to what could have been a shitty role.

Have Supernatural end. Get Jensen to play Hal and Jared to play Billy. Get TOm out of depression and have him play E-3 Clark or something. Maybe get Smallville's Lois as TV Diana.

Create a Multiversal Justice League.

Also give Ollie a full beard and a chili recipe.

I've been here since the beginning so ill rank them too.
Arrow S2
Arrow S1 and second half of Flash S1
Arrow S5
Flash S2 and Arrow S3 first half
I dont care for the rest

I love CW shows as much as you, however agents of shield this season is literally the best cape show on TV right now. It's non formulaic and the writing is just well done...ironic that it has no superheroes in the first place.

Agents of NOT CANON

Apparently Black Adam's wife will be joining the Legends. she will be a muslim hacker from 2030

I think it's because the MCU wants absolutely nothing to do with Agents and that makes me sour. I agree that the show has only really gotten better with every subsequent season but it sill agitates me me to no end.

I know man. I know.

I watched the first episodes of Arrow and Supergirl, but the acting and low-budget TV look just put me off. Is there any one of these shows that doesn't have these issues?

I don't feel like there's anything I could say to get you on board other than KEEP WATCHING! Never judge a series by its first episode as it can turn sour/good very quickly. The first season of the Flash is probably one of the better constructed TV seasons I've seen because it has a clear focus/endgame throughout the entire thing and it constantly shouts out to the Flash lore every chance it gets. If you're looking for a show to catch your interest, I'd say focus on the Netflix Universe as well as Legion and Powers (fuck the haters, season 2 was god tier) as both of those have much more cinematic atmosphere than the CW

I consider the CW far more polarizing than the Netflix Universe. The highs are higher and the lows are lower. Every episode has the potential to satisfy all your geek fantasies or to ruin the very concept of coherent film making. The Netflix Universe has every episode feel more/less the exact same so you kinda know what you're in for from the third episode onward.

Also the fuck was up with Savitar? I feel like he was a better villain than Zoom but not by much, simply because Zoom's backstory was somewhat more coherent than Savitar and that's including all the time remnants he murderered just cause.
youtube.com/watch?v=J33_8CzhJCo

Speakinga s someone that hasn't watched season five or Arrow, how was it? I couldn't fucking stand Season 3 and Season 4 just continued it's spiral into mediocraty. Where did season 5 end up?

>Supernatural
>End

Pick one

HA!

Also Constantine deserved at least one more season or a TV special to tie up the story they were building towards.

Can anyone tell me if this series was any good? I was okay with her character on Legends but only in small doses.

Based on just what I've scene,

CW Superman > Cavill Superman (although I do love him)
CW Flash > DCEU Flash
DCEU Cyborg > Smallville Cyborg (rest his soul)
Smallville Aqua-Thad > Drogo Aquaman

>CW Superman > Cavill Superman
CW Supes feels like an out of touch interpretation.

When will the other CW people meet Superman from Supergirl?

AND A FUCKING
HAT
A
T

You might be right. I'll go back and rewatch Supergirl Season 2 to develop a more well founded opinion. =D

Cavill Superman is still really really good despite the material he has to work with. I just want him to deal with a non-world ending threat or terrible disaster that kills thousands. How about showing him stop a bank robbery or purse snatching? How about we show him talk someone down from a ledge? I just wanted to see Something do something a bit more low stakes.

Could they possibly give him a feathered cap that isn't silly looking?

Tier 1 (The best Superhero TV I have ever seen)
1. Flash Season 1
2. Flash Season 2A

Tier 2 (Great)
3. Arrow Season 2
4. Arrow Season 1

Tier 3 (Really Good)
5. Arrow Season 5
6. Legends of Tomorrow Season 2

Tier 3 (Not great but still fun to watch)
7. Flash Season 3
8. Arrow Season 3A
9. Legends of Tomorrow Season 1
10. Flash Season 2B

Tier 4 (Garbage)
11. Arrow Season 3B
12. Arrow Season 4

Haven't seen Constantine or Supergirl yet, plan to watch both in the next few weeks

Arrow S05 was really that good? Guess I need to give that a watch then. Also appreciate that you had The Flash S03 higher than the back half of season 2.

Can anyone confirm if Black Flash is still around? I hate the idea of him being one shot like that.

>despite the material he has to work with.
I like the material. But Joss is running the DCEU now, so you'll get your SIXTH Donner-esque cheesefest soon enough.

To add to this, Vixen (both seasons) take place during early Arrow season 4 / Flash season 2, before the start of Legends.

its a steaming pile of trains - all the crossovers or "special" episodes have been lacking, IMO

Ever since they announced years ago that Wally would be coming to the show, I have wanted Wally Flash to be a thing. And I waited to hear more. But season 1 didn't give us anything. I wait through a summer hiatus. Hear the casting news. Yes! He's finally coming! Season 2 put off his introduction a long time though. It was beginning to get ridiculous. Then he showed up, and they didn't use him much at first. He had to justify his presence on the show by getting close with Joe and Iris for so long. All the while I am waiting to find out when Wally will get his god damn speed. Did it happen? No. Then they recreated the particle accelerator explosion and Wally and Jesse got caught in it. YES IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING! But no, she gets speed and my man doesn't get shit. Flashpoint plot comes, brings us a Wally with speed. The Flash of Flashpoint universe. Not the real Wally, STILL not yet. Barry eventually erased all that and it took Savitar/Alchemy/evil future Barry to give the powers back to Wally several weeks later in the show. Then they start cucking Wally right and left, "Barry, let me help you!" "NO WALLY IT'S TOO DANGEROUS STAY HERE WITH IRIS" every week, and he has to prove over time that he doesn't suck at speedstering. Then he gets tossed in the Speedforce, Joe cries. Wally finally gets out, he's all fucked up in the head so he can't go running around right now, bullshit again. And now Barry will be gone in the Speedforce prison, so he told Wally to be the Flash in his place. And this seems like maybe it's finally time for Wally to shine, get his red suit. But no, they aren't going to let him fucking have it, not for longer than a episode or two. They would never keep Gustin away long enough. It's not fair bros

Nice and mature comeback.

I made this just for you.

Great another Felicity.

It's not even the best Wally.

Gotham joining CW verse when?

Soon comrade. Soon.

I love how gay Clark and Flash were. It's pretty sweet

No sarcasm

To be perfectly honest, we could probably add the Smallville Universe to the CW Multiverse and it really wouldn't change anything. It'd be fucking awesome to see both versions of SUperman team up to stop Rosenbaum Luthor.

It's really short and I never read her comics but I liked it

I basically only watch The Flash so every time there's a crossover I get the feeling I should skip the episode. Like I never bothered seeing what happened next with Vandal Savage or the Dominators, and Supergirl seemingly showed up out of nowhere.

Also why did they introduce Captain Cold and then kill him in that Legends show? His death didn't even seem to matter since he still popped a few times in season 3.

it's alright I wish there was less of it so I could keep track

>seemed as threatening as he looked
Not at all?

I know is great right?

>blue and gold teased but dropped for movies
>suicide squad happens but is dropped for movies
>GL is teased every season but never happens in case the DCEU takes off
why johns

SWIGGITY SWOOTY

LOOK AT DAT BOOTY

I miss Smallville. Yeah it was retarded and padded to oblivion, but it was so nice

>Wally's actor came out as bi
>Flash is the only CW show without a prominent gay character (Legends have Sara, Arrow has Curtis and Supergirl has the sister)
Wally x Hartley incoming!

Never.

>Post things you like!
Arrow s1 from around ep10 onwards, Arrow s2, Flash s1, LoT s1
>Post things you don't like!
Arrow s1 until ep 10-ish, Arrow s3-4, Flash s2, Supergirl s1, Vixen s1, LoT s1
(I was pretty mixed on LoT)
>Post things you wish you could change!
At this point nothing really, I bailed. Hear Arrow got better again, but if I watched one I'd watch them all, plus it's probably gonna have a Supernatural level lifespan, get bad again and never really have a satisfying payoff at this point.

>started watching Supergirl at S2
>maybe I'll go back and watch 1 but I haven't felt like I'm missing anything
it's ok
Cyborg Superman was so forced though
>oh, wait. we made J'onn be Henshaw
>ok real Henshaw is back and he's a cyborg
>but he's just a dick who doesn't care for aliens

This.

after season 4

CW Universe > Netflix Universe
>Not by much though.

>Flash Season 2A
>best superhero TV you've ever seen

S3 was S2 rehashed. Savitar wasn't a better villain than Zoom because of his retarded creation and end. Barry makes a dumb hero and villain.

Barry actually makes a pretty good villain from an outside perspective. His feud with Eobard Thawne led to the particle accelerator explosion, his acceptance of Hunter Zolomon led to a supervillain army overrunning the city and threatening the multiverse, and his time travel shenanigans have killed Cisco's brother and Ronnie Raymond, poisoned Caitlin's DNA, attracted aliens hell-bent on crushing the planet, and spawned the villain Savitar.

Honestly, I wish they'd spent more time in Season 3 asking if Barry maybe is more of a danger than he likes to admit to himself.

agents of shit is literal garbage , it is not a good show

I'd hope not CW designated love interests are terrible. But given the number of fans of Westallen kicking around the internet they must be a fairly sizeable proportion of Arrowverse fans.

The was a birds of prey show, it sucked

Legends of Tomorrow is still the most fun game.

FOOLISH ATOM

People really enjoy watching all these garbage when we have great Marvel's Netflix series such as Daredevil and Iron Fist?

I meant Barry's time remnant as Savitar. Yeah normal Barry's done damage but he's not a villain villain.

>Post things you don't like!

That there won't be a Crisis movie using all multiverses from the tv shows and the cinematic

Jewish Supergirl a CUTE!

>Yeah normal Barry's done damage but he's not a villain villain.

You could make a decent case that he is. At the least, you have a strong case that he's selfish and extremely short-sighted. I fully expect Caitlin to come back in season 4 and deliver a serious guilt trip about how Barry has fucked her life over. Her husband died because he had to mess with time (for emotional closure, of all things), she got changed into a dangerous meta because he messed with time AGAIN, and the entire time her change to a villain was looming over their heads, he almost exclusively focused on Iris. Hell, he literally ran off into the future hours after she transformed, with barely a "Oh, yeah, I'll check on Caitlin too while I'm there".

Can anyone answer whether or not Reverse Flash was faster than Zoom in season 2 or were they the same?

I don't think Barry ever ended up actually beating a fully powered Thawne in a race.
He only won in the end because Eddie killed himself.

And he only beat Zoom because of time remnant bullshit.

With Savitar he just phased into the suit.

My point being that Barry is slow

Barry managed to stop a Thawne probably at the beginning of his career but even then he was faster and Barry only one because he had a more familiar lay of the land. I originally thought Cavanagh would be the definitive Reverse Flash but Letscher has has taken that over. Cavanagh is an excellent endgame Reverse Flash that has adopted a fatherly attitude towards Barry while Letscher represents Reverse Flash at his most petty/vengeful.
youtube.com/watch?v=5FUM0aSppH8
youtube.com/watch?v=cPr0kM131nQ

Which DC hero do you wish would have it's own CW TV series?
>Booster Gold and Blue Beetle

And this might be a pleb opinion, but I thought the series Black Lighting looked baller
youtube.com/watch?v=3LAUGA01mUc

>>Wally's actor came out as bi
He is? Damn

>Hartley
Haven't they pretty much wrote him out? Only time he's been mentioned in the last year was when he was compared to Julian.

I feel that Matt should have been cast as Barry. He definitely has more Barry Allen aesthetics than brunette, scrawny Grant.

>But no, they aren't going to let him fucking have it, not for longer than a episode or two

I think they'll draw it out till at least Ep6 with mid-season being hopeful stretch then bring him back. He'll keep the truth of how he came back a secret for relationship drama. Queue turning into Black Flash and Negative Speed-Force.

Yeah, this really bothers me.
>Flash could go lightspeed
>He's the slowest speedster on the show
>Wally, the guy who could barely break the sound barrier runs faster

Barry makes mistakes. Villains make deliberate choices. Savitar was the consequence for Barry creating Flashpoint (a bad choice at the end of S2). Thawne's remnant that went on to fight the Legends was because of Barry and also a result of changing the timeline. Barry needed to go back into the past and stop his S2 self from saving his mom to restore the original timeline.

>taken over that role

so the five LoT posters? because if you do a poll, wellsobard will crush matt letscher.

they did a comparison in season 2 when barry was trying to get faster.

Wellsobard was using a speed boost, plus he had other gimmicks tied into his suit, so he very well may be about same as barry if it wasn't for that.

They compared feet touches per some distance and apparently zoom was the fastest? but to be completely honest Baritar was quantum leaping around town when he ran as if he had a quantum entanglement problem because he was running so fast.

I think wellsobard is only faster because of how he uses the speedforce.

zoom is literally draining other speedsters so I'd argue he wasn't really fastest at all even with his less foot touches per mile or whatever. They theorized he took drugs to get even faster so again, between absorbing others speed and magic medicine, which harry 2 talked barry out of using.

barry will stay a little faster than wally and be someone powerful at end of the story, wally will get to surpass him like comics.

then barry's oreo will become some super sayian badass etc etc.

Just finished watching through both seasons of Supergirl and I think I'm probably alone in it but I liked season 1 better than 2.

I never thought Cat Grant would be such a pivotal part of it but man the show suffered without her. Mon-El drama was complete garbage and the chain of episodes that alternated between "I love you forever" and "you're garbage I can't stand this" almost killed my desire to watch the rest of it.

Happy, slim Superman was amazing though. Wish he'd get his own series.

>CATWOMAN
wtf

I mean I get what you're saying here but a LOT of people seem to have thought Iron Fist was garbage.

It doesnt matter. Reverse Flash was outsmarted, same as Zoom. It never matters whos faster.
Go to bed kid

Yeah, I thought it was SJDubya nonsense because Danny was white since they harped on it so much but Iron Fist was fucking trash. I don't even know how it got that bad as he doesn't have much in the way of retcons and had a pretty consistent story.

It should've been the easiest thing to adapt considering JJ has a mess of a story in comparison.

>Barry makes mistakes. Villains make deliberate choices.

Once was a mistake - and that first time, he nearly split the fucking planet in two with a black hole. Yet, Barry's done it multiple times. After a certain point, good intentions cease to matter.