Yfw CN has made a habit of blaming toy/merch sales on why they've cancelled shows and are now so desperate that they're...

>yfw CN has made a habit of blaming toy/merch sales on why they've cancelled shows and are now so desperate that they're uploading the toy commercials to their YouTube channel

youtube.com/watch?v=tP9-jUUDbC0
youtube.com/watch?v=fJ5kXc1gpeo

I find this mildly amusing.

In the beginning, there was little. But in that patch of existence, There are two hands. One palm open and free to what was next. The other clenched with resentment for the future, holding onto the past so that the past may never leave. The two hands could never touch and this was their fate. Despite how much they hated the other, they never fought. But one day the clenched hand grew tired of the nothing between them. Trying so desperately to end the open palmed hand, the clenched hand created a plan. From the cracks between its fingers, the clenched hand released a little of the past. Just enough, thought the clenched hand, to pass by the reach of the open palmed hand. And so the past was released and the open palmed hand saw the past. For the first time, the open palmed hand reached out to grab the past. And so it did. It held the past closely, reminiscing what came before and forgetting for what came next. The closed hand laughed, triumphant over its victory over the open palmed hand, but just as it started to embrace its win the closed hand noticed the grip of the open palmed hand release gently. The little past that there was slowly fell out of its reach and scattered away. Out of pure shock the clenched fist let go out of the past it held so tightly and all of the past dropped from its reach. And so in the end there was only the open palmed hand left

/toy/ here. That's fucking bullshit. People have begged and begged for non-shitty CN toys since fucking Flapjack.

The problem is that their shows were geared towards the millenial audience while their toys have never stopped aiming for nothing but Gen Z. I'd even settle for Neca quality SU shit as long as it wasn't off model abominations like those brickshit things. They've never even tried to make something for adult collectors other than funko shit.

Funko is a fucking cancer. Why can't we get Nendo/Figma quality stuff for our western anime?

Leaf /toy/ here. These toys almost never make it to leafland regularly. I remember seeing some ads for KnD toys at the back of a GBA game manual and being annoyed I couldn't find any in stores.

Doesn't internet solve that problem nowdays?

Because western networks refuse to admit that periphery demographics exist. Their target audience is the only one that exists.The only show on a kids' network I've ever seen get halfway decent shit is fucking MLP.

At least we're getting some Figma movie toys. Still waiting on my Figma Judy Hopps.

>Amazon doesn't ship to leafland
>Ebay has ridiculous shipping costs
>Amazon.ca has rape prices

have you tried not being poor?

found the jew

I've been wondering, but how easy is it to make your own toys? I know that things like 3D printers exist now, but is it still easier to make like, an actual sculpture and make a mold of it?

I don't know much about how sculptures/toys are made, but I've always wondered how hobbyists end up creating their own.

I occasionally hear about custom kits or something, but those are usually for Japanese anime stuff. Are there people who make ones for other media?

Grab a bit of clay for 10 bucks and fiddle around with it. Or grab a free CAD program and figure out if you can make it function enough to make a thousand dollar 3D printer worth the purchase

From what I know the Jap doll kits are normally for dolls that have mix&match parts.

If you've got a good handle on 3d modeling I can't imagine it's hard. But 3d modeling itself is a complicated skill to master.

Look around town and see if you've got a public 3D printer. Colleges and art schools are your best bet.

There are two types of shows on Cartoon Network: Shows CN themselves pay the production costs for and shows that are largely paid for by a third party (usually toy companies, but occasionally a show like Star Wars, dub Pokemon, or Sonic Boom will get made by the IP holders to increase brand awareness). CN usually doesn't give a shit about toy sales for the former, because their primary purpose is to carry the channel as a brand. PPG is an odd exception, because the original series was such an unintentional merchandising juggernaut that they're trying to recapture it.

The series that get canned due to toy sales are the second case. Cartoon Network doesn't have enough of a hand in them to give a shit whether or not they get canned, so it's entirely up to the sponsor (the toy company) if another season gets made. No toys means cancellation.

Ben 10 is another strange exception, though. It's funded by a toy company (Mattel, I believe), but CN still considers it one of their "house" series most of the time.

I blame the fall of the toy sale on the blatant quality fall of the toys.

Back when I was growing up toys has moving hands and legs, the toys had much wider range of motion and the quality of plastic was higher.

My little brother is five and has a lot of new toys, and I can say with certainty that the the quality has dropped.

Depends on if you mean making GOOD toys or not. Check out /toy/'s custom thread to see some failed and not-so-failed attempts.

Making a custom Ryona head. About thirty hours for just the head, and I'm still not done. From real companies, dolls take months just to cast even after the initial sculpt. Making a whole toy is a much bigger undertaking than you're probably thinking.

Ben 10 is a billion dollar franchise BECAUSE of their toy sales. Unless they just stop airing Ben 10 toy commercials on their channel, CN will never find an excuse to get rid of it again.

>implying they'd throw away money
Oh no wait, this is CN, there's like an 80% chance that'll happen.

>It's funded by a toy company (Mattel, I believe)

Bandai, actually.

These toys look kinda shitty.

Playmates makes the toys now, I believe.

those were words and I didn't read them

Those toys look like literal Happy Meal tier shit.

The original toys had a pretty shitty range in motion though. They were held together by neat visual designs and gimmicks that translated well to toy form

A big problem that I see with these new toys is that there's not really anything to them. I want to see translucent Diamondheads, light-up Heatblasts, Wildvines that you can pose in like 8 different ways with his vine limbs

This

these look awful