Thoughts on the Iron Fist Netflix series?

Thoughts on the Iron Fist Netflix series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nF6y5b_IkvM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

couldn't make it past the 4th episode.

Iron Fist was a mistake

I meant the netflix series of course.

no Danisty = no watch

They should have had a martial artist for main actor. It makes a huge difference in how they can do stunts, scenes, and action.
Its passable, but its crippled by poor decisions and poor pacing.

Its basically Wuxia Light, but without the Quality Chinese source material.

I got partway through the first episode before I realized the whole thing was going to have the exact same "feel" as the previous Netflix series. Kind-of-okay action scenes and kind-of-okay characters are just not enough to keep me watching.

Marginally better than Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, still a downhill from Daredevil.

It was shit.

And I'm not talking about the normal Sup Forums 'this is shit' shit, no I mean this was actually shit.

Ok so get this, we have Immortal Iron Fist, living weapon, defender of Kun'Lun, swarm enemy of The Hand. Master of Mastial arts and I think, like an idiot "Oh this is gonna be like Rumble in the Bronx, Iron Fist is gonna be like Jackie Chan and every episode is gonna be filled with cool kung fu fights and also some interesting mysticism."

And the show was like "Nigga, you thought? This is a Corporate Drama."

Cause that's what I wanna see in a show about a kung fu master, CORPORATE FUCKING DRAMA.

And Danny Rand, my god, I have never fucking seen a more whiny fuck boi protagonist in a show then this skinny shit. Every episode is him whining about one fucking thing or another
>I want my company
>Why is everyone so mean to me
>My not-girlfriend is working for the bad guys
>I don't know what I waaaaaant!!!
Fuck this kid.

THE FINAL BOSS IS LITERALLY A GUY WITH A FUCKING GUN. No super strength, no epic king fu battle, Danny the fuck boi spends the entire time flailing around, cry fighting while the bad guy beats him up, and that fucker don't even know kung fu!

The only grace in this boring abysmal show were the parts where their actually was kung fu fighting and mysticism, and Ward who was a delight simply because of how crazy he was.

Some one dropped the fucking ball o this show. I don't know how or why but at some point somebody dropped it and didn't bother picking it up. Why give the run to the guy who did Dexter? How does that translate, why not get an action director to show run Iron Fist.

They better fucking step it up for season 2 or I swear I will... probably just rant about it on line but still.

After episode 4 (or maybe it was 5) I felt that it got the boring shit out of the way and will finally start going somewhere. It's actually amazing that the next 2 episodes were even worse than any of the previous. I'm not going back to it, and the only redeeming factors I'll remember from it will be Ward's reactions and Faramir (who, I must say, was all around hilarious).

Danny wasn't really whiny except for the last part.

He is right, it is his company.

His childhood friends fucking tried to lock him up in the funny house.

His Asian chick he gave D to works for the one enemy he's been taught to fight since he was a child.

But yeah, they really shouldn't have made season about him realizing he wants vengeance, he should've came back specifically for the purposes of vengeance and it'd clear up a lot of confusion.

I have 3 episodes left and I cant bring myself to finish it. I dont care, this was the final nail in the coffin for me. I dont give a shit about Defenders anymore. Frank and Daredevil are the only things I might watch

Needed to copy more of the second half of season 1 arrow more and less of the first half.

I'm yet to watch Luke Cage but I liked it more than Jessica Jones, it wasn't as bad as people make it seem but at times the acting was kind of meh and the part where he stops the bullet with his fist was super gay, the set up for the second season in the end was also awful, fucking Joy I swear
>Oh hey, you saved me from my zombie father who tried to frame you, I sure as fuck should kill you lol

Bakuto was just mad that Danny was trashing his house.

complaints:

>Iron Fist didn't wear his mask not one single time
>Iron Fist almost never used his Iron Fist, this is a big load of shit because Luke's unbreakable skin and his strength was used heavily and Matt's radar sense is used heavily throughout his series. So they fucked up big on that one
>Didn't meet Luke Cage, just like Luke never met Daredevil, even though Rosario Dawson is always like "I have a friend who can help" and they go "NO"
>Finn Jones just sucks

things I liked:

>Colleen being in the Hand was a surprising twist
>Ward and Howard

I just hope The Defenders isn't shit. With so many characters to handle, they'll easily screw up.

They've got a strong cast, so maybe they can carry it. Cox, Ritter, Colter are good and then there's Sigourney Weaver as the villain. Hopefully they can keep it entertaining even if the production quality isn't so great

It's embarrasing that he was training on the mountain for a decade, and still looked like shit. There's dudes that have been training for a 6-8 months that look loads better than he does.

>They could've at least gotten rid of the actors beer gut

I don't get the complaints about Finn Jones, he's generally a good actor and just didn't have a good material to work with.

It's like blaming Happening being bad because of Mark Whalberg and Zoey.

It was bad.

They made a very poor choice casting Finn Jones who not only was some DYEL twink, he's a terrible actor to boot. Frankly, all the performances in the show were weak minus Colleen Wing, but the show went full retard with her and made her part of some "good" version of the Hand. The show in general had no identity, no real arc. Danny is just given his status back cause reasons and then they do next to nothing with it. Any interesting subplot is left to die.

As far as being an adaptation, the few genuine Iron Fist rogues they did use were done very poorly, especially Bride of Nine Spiders. And the fights in general sucked.

Like, the whole show felt CW tier.

Its the first MCU related thing since Incredible Hulk that I'd actually consider bad.

The Meachums were surprisingly compelling. Danny was fun. They just need a better fight choreographer and editor to make the battles feel snappier.

TIH is way better than shit like Thor, IM2, etc...

PLUS, TIH was actually shot on film and looks like a real movie as opposed to stuff like Civil War/Avengers that looks like tv show.

Writing needs some major reworks.

>Coleen gets a cut from Chinese swordswoman
>they see Gao's dudes' weapons are poisoned
>they flight back to fucking America without once considering looking at Coleen's cut
>with a fucking nurse on a plane
Rosario Dawson simply did not belong there.

You covered all the key points of why I hated it too.

15 years in a monastery and Danny is still acting like an entitled bitch.

Also why can't they give him his fucking mask? You have Daredevil hiding his identity because he's some low-key lawyer but a highly publicized billionaire who is the main story in the media due to coming back from the dead goes around Triad turf and beats up criminals without anyone finding out.

>He is right, it is his company.

Who gives a fuck? Fuck him. Inheritance should be illegal anyway.

>Danny demands that their for profit corporation distribute medicine for free
>His board fucking explains rather clearly that it's UN, WHO, and other health groups that cover the cost and they distribute the drug to third world nations for free
>Nope, make it for free and bankrupt our company!

>I don't get the complaints about Finn Jones, he's generally a good actor
That's irrelevant. What the show needed was an actor who knows how to fight, or at least looks like he knows how to fight. Jones is neither of these. The show also needed fight scenes, but that's another can of worms.

It's got a lot of problems, but DESU it's my favorite of the Netflix Marvel shows right now.

In a world where they cucked it up to shitters like you and got a gook to play Iron Fist you would've been complaining how he can't act for shit.

Newsflash, Charlie Cox didn't know how to fight either.

It goes

DD S2 > DD S1 > Luke Cage > Iron Fist > JJ

for me

DD S1 > Agents of Shield S2-4 > Punisher pitch: featuring Daredevil > Iron Fist = Agents of Shield S1 > Jessica Jones > Luke Cage

Try splitting DDS2, Punisher's arc was the greatest shit ever, but it kind of dropped after Frank's scene in the cementery once Elektra and The Hand were introduced

The cast a bad actor to play Danny and gave him a bad screenplay and no training and told him to figure it out

they probably thought they could just ride the coattails of DD S2, and they were right because they could

I strongly disagree to everything you just said.

>and looks like a real movie as opposed to stuff like Civil War/Avengers that looks like tv show.
Oh, fuck off you Sup Forums memeing cunt.

Not that user.

To me Punsiher was what Ashi was to Samurai Jack S5.

Also, terrible flanderization of Daredevil's character, they didn't balance shit at all and just played Frank wank.

Yeah, we got 4 good episodes out of it with adaptation of laughably terrible comic book scene where Frank chains Daredevil and they made it make fucking sense a little, but bastardization of Frank Miller's run wasn't worth it.

Mate, the first Avengers looks REALLY bad. Worse than most post-90's tv shows.

The Ice Cream scene is the only good scene.
>>Kills him for asking for vanilla
>>Was about to eat the synthetic Corn Flakes flavor

There is literally nothing wrong with settling for vanilla.

The origin of Iron Fist in the comics is clear, simple, and strong. the show changes so much of it that it actually robs Danny of his motivation for doing things. It's like if there was a Batman show where Bruce's parents died in a car accident.

In fact, it squanders any character from the comics that's supposed to know martial arts. Bride of Nine Spiders becomes a normal person poisoner dragon lady stereotype in a Juri cosplay, and Zhou Cheng is just a drunken boxer and a waste of the actor. you could've just changed their names and not squandered the original characters.

Everything it takes from Daredevil it squanders too. Davos isn't the Steel Serpent so the heroin having the logo makes no sense. Both Madame Gao the cosmic Chinese heroin kingpin and Bakuto's Little Lebowski Urban Achiever outreach program are factions of The Hand, even though The Hand is supposed to be a Japanese undead ninja death cult run by a demon and filled with classic ninjas straight out of a fucking Shaw Brothers movie (which they were in Daredevil)

and that's just the writing. The casting, choreography, art direction, editing, music, and uninspired title sequence are all black marks that drag the show down and had me desperately trying to convince friends that Iron Fist isn't lame on a conceptual level like the show makes it seem

Danny explained the Serpent thing.

It was Gao mocking Iron Fist and K'un-Lun, she used mark of Iron Fist without dragon's wings.

In the end of season we see Gao eavsedrop on Davos's dialogue with Meachum Bitch, she might make a Steel Serpent out of him.

In all honesty, yeah that's how I feel too I just didn't want to get that anal about it.

But yeah the Hand stuff sucked, I only like S2 more because of the Punisher.

I don't disagree. I was one of the few people on Sup Forums saying Whedon's tv background was really evident in the Avengers' trailers.

But lets not pretend Incredible Hulk looks good. And lets not pretend that by Civil War doesn't look like a real movie, you aren't referring to the same two airport screenshots that one HAHAHAHAHAH autist post over and over again on Sup Forums.

My critque broke down like this.

The antagonist of Dare Devil is the Kingpin.

Watching Iron Fist you'd think the brother character, a literal dick hitting asshole is the antagonist.
>The brother is the antagonist?
No, it turns out the brother is just working for his dad.
>So the dad is the antagonist?
No, the dad is just working for Madame Gao
>So Gao is the antagonist?
No, Gao gets jailed by the leader of a kind of splinter group.
>So the splinter group leader is the antagonist?
No, he gets stabbed in the same place John Wick 2 ends and then his body disappears.
>So is Gao the antagonist again?
No, it is the dad who is pretty much just a guy with a gun.
>Does Danny at least beat him?
No, the dickass brother shoots him off of a building.

I'd say the only good episode is the one where they momentarily rip off Enter The Dragon.
That is what the whole show should have been.
That and the drunken boxing bit but instead it was:
>Nobody believe Danny is Danny
>Danny goes to an insane asylum
>Danny tries to run a fortune 500 company
>Danny gets yellow fever
>Danny gets tricked MULTIPLE TIMES into thinking a bad guy is on his side
>Danny running from fights and hiding

Anyone here could write a better show.

Two words: Scott Buck
If you expect anything less than a disaster when he's a showrunner, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

It's not great, but it gets way too much hate.
I for one liked the boardroom drama and saw it as the best part since that's what sets it apart from the other netfix shows. I understand that few people want to watch a boardroom drama, and that's where a lot of the hate comes from.

I blame shoe-horned Hand and Bokuto.

For some reasn Marvel decided to slice and dice Daredevil villains among majority of the shows.

People are fucking stupid. You know a person is fucking stupid when he says boardroom drama was bad, hut Harold was good.

BITCH HAROLD WAS THE BOARDROOM DRAMA

No, most of the hate comes from the shitty shit fight choreography about a supposed living weapon. What should have been the most important thing in the show, ended up being the 16th most important thing to the show creator.

Fuck, I am fucking stuoid, I meant Ward.

Tbh I liked most of Iron Fist. Rosario Dawson really overstayed her welcome in this one though, and Im starting to agree with the consensus that her character was a mistake.

JJ should have been in S1 daredevil since a lawyer might need a PI anyway. Luke cage was fine being in JJ like he was. Danny should have been in LC somehow. I think that would have tied the series together a lot better than making a nurse the chosen one

I would LOVE to watch boardroom drama.

But it wasn't a good boardroom drama. If it's not that, what is it supposed to be?

>Thoughts on the Iron Fist Netflix series?

Better than Jessica Jones, not as good as Daredevil or Luke Cage.

What do you hate so much about Jessica Jones that blinds you to how shitty Iron Fist was?

Iron Fist was barely straight to DVD tier.

Not him, but there's no "blinding" to how shit Iron Fist was.
They're both shows I wish I could go back in time and unwatch, which is perfectly expected from shows ran by Dexter writers and not even good ones.

I think how many times Danny was tricked by Harold is only comparable to retarded amount of times Killgrave got away from JJ's hands once again in ridiculous way possible.

IT'S DANNY

Pacing was really weird, they wanted to tell too many stories at the same time and most of them didn't really feel like they paid off. That and I feel they spent too much time on the "No he isn't Danny!" deal.

Still enjoyable though.

Why did this spoiler make me laugh so damn much?

Best character sums up the show.

>In a world where they cucked it up to shitters like you and got a gook to play Iron Fist you would've been complaining how he can't act for shit.
No. I would have complained that they got a gook to play Iron Fist.
>Newsflash, Charlie Cox didn't know how to fight either.
He at least looks like he knows how to fight, which was a clear point I established, fagtron.

his scenes and the drunken fighter was the best part

no costume = no watch

D2>D1>JJ>IF>CAGE

I don't think it's the actors fault. He looked like he could perform martial arts scenes on Daredevil level (those scenes aren't actually that good and there's a lot of trickery - point is they're good enough).

It's that they "choreographed" the scenes 15 minutes before they shot them. Why they would do that for a martial arts show is beyond me. I mean, having good fight scenes is the whole and the only point.

>The Meachums were surprisingly compelling

Every time they were not on screen, I asked "Where are the Meachums?"

I'd watch a whole series centered around those fuckers

it was thrown together very fast and it's all boring shit, fight scenes suck and it's just hard to enjoy.

I just hate that he wasn't able to focus his chi to his joints or limbs. He made a stupid glowing fist and was basically Wonder Womaning his way around automatic fire and only ever really devastating walls. I wanted concentrated bursts of energy and better fight choreography but I hear the series rushed to shooting and really couldn't afford to do alot of retakes. I liked it enough for what it was but it felt a little meandering toward the end.

Was better than JJ [which isn't hard to be] but not as good as DD or Luke Cage in my opinion.

I always find it funny how Rosario Dawson appearing in these shows really highlights how average and stilted a lot of the other actors are. She improves every scene she's in. That said she has no business beating trained Hand Assassins 1v1. It's implied that she's been training with Colleen since the events of Luke Cage so I can forgive her having some level of self defense awareness but still fuck that noise.

I feel the same way. Though if I wanted to get anal about it. It's odd how there can be such a large gap in quality between Cage and Fist.

youtube.com/watch?v=nF6y5b_IkvM

didnt finish watching Luke cage is also shit

Ward and sweet baby vanilla boy where the best characters
the story was kind of a mess, whenever I thought they where going for goofy Kung-Fu movie goodness they dropped it
>tournament lasted maybe half an episode
>Bride was a waste
>A-ha Assassin gets a nice fight then fucks off
>Drunken Boxer later was pretty good
>Danny can only fight well when his face is covered and they can bring in a double

>cast actor who doesn't do martial arts
>expect him to just figure that shit out
They just rushed it and didn't give Danny a mask for no reason.

The problem was we were promised a martial arts fest, and in the end the boardroom drama and related Meachum family weirdness were the best parts.

Doubly so when
>Danny can only fight well when his face is covered and they can bring in a double

Thank you

Sadly they were, yet they weren't even that great.