Convergence Was A Terrible Idea

I don't care if other people thought it was boring or whatever.

With Rebirth, DC is trying to restore stuff, like 'legacy'.

How is making all Crisis events non-existent supposed to preserve 'legacy'?

Peopel acrtually read the event? I just read some tie in issues.

It was just a placeholder published while they were moving office buildings and you can ignore it because Multiversity already said the multiverse was infinite and Snyder is piggybacking on that stuff not Convergence.

How does 52 universes in Multiversity equal Infinite Universes?

Synder can suck my cock after how awful BvS was.

It's fifty two universes per multiverse. There are, however, infinite multiverses. The one from Multiversity isn't the only one. That's why you see ones like the DCAU and the DCEU missing from the map.

Don't listen to him. He is confusing Multiversity's idea that multiple multiverses means there's one single multiverse with infinite multiverses.

>It's fifty two universes per multiverse
Stop pulling things from your ass. It was never stated that every single multiverse is the same number of universes.

>this meme is still going

Geez man. Does each 52 have an earth with three split timelines?

Clearly they don't even care to reference Convergence. The Injustice universe doesn't reference their world getting fucked, Pre-New 52 Superman replacing Superbro was originally explained with Convergence, but Rebirth retconned that. Just like everyone was saying at the time, Convergence was literal filler that wouldn't matter later. Multiversity was the actual storytelling event.

Oh shit, you're right. Otherwise, my post is fine, tho.
Wat? Also the other user seems more qualified to talk than me. If you men like how every earth can be rebooted, then yeah, I assume.

He's making shit up. Wrong shit too since the CW already established their multiverse is infinite.

COIE itself wasn't prevented. The erasure of the pre-Crisis multiverse was prevented.

Most of the tie ins wer good actually.

You know, Convergence might b one of the worst events ever but all that shit was worthy just for Convergence: Shazam.

This

The point of Convergence is that all previous versions of thr Multiverse are alive, well, and safe from any events happening in modern multiverse.

Essentially, Post-Crisis Earth, Pre 52 Earth, and even Hypertime are back and still continuing thier stories on their own.

>Essentially, Post-Crisis Earth, Pre 52 Earth, and even Hypertime are back and still continuing thier stories on their own. However no one is permitted to write or set stories in any of those.

comic thread = scott
cartoon thread = stu
movie thread = zach

it's not hard to remember

Yeah, I agree.

Seeing Wally, Atom, Captain Marvel, ect. for the first time in half a decade was too good to resist.

I'd kill for them to get the best teams back together again to tell some stories/actually finish their original runs from Post-Crisis or Pre-52.

But at least it keeps them safe from someone fucking with them. And they get the ultimate Hail Mary back to use that even Morrison forgot about.

Which in my opinion is a lot.

AM I the only one who thinks Morrison is not as good as a DC writer ever since he stopped doing JLA back in the late 90s?

probably, his Batman is pretty well-liked

Lets at least agree that Final Crisis was not the kind of big event it was hyped up as.

I don't even know what that means

it was pretty good though

Probably, because I found a lot of his later work better than his JLA. I assume it might've been different if I had read his JLA when it was being published though.

and Seven Soldiers

I would say that it's not as good as DC 1 Million or a few of Geoff Johns' events and some other stuff yet still better than most other DC or Marvel events in the 10's.

>Johns events
>smashing action figures together for a few months
>better than Final Crisis

I will agree that yes, it is better than most events in the 10S.

My problem with Final Crisis has always been that it feels like Morrison just wanted to tell a story that could classify as a swan song to the New Gods, but someone mandated that he also turns it into a "crisis" crossover to make up a "crisis trilogy" following the publishing of "infinite crisis" three years prior to Final Crisis.

It just didn't help for me that

a) the set up for the event was done terrible by DC in itself
b) the promotion for it made it look like a world shattering event when it was just "Darkseid invaes earth and takes it over"

and
c) major keypoints of the "multiverse" aspect of the event not being even done in the main issues but as part of a Sueprman Tie In.

And I am not even blaming Morrison that much for it, as the editors had also a huge hand in the thing being the way it is. It's just, some of Morrison's stories nowadays feel a bit less coherent than back in the earlier 2000's. More "psychedelic" and not necessarily always in a good way for a mainstream comic.

I am still a fan of his original stuff though.

>Sinestro Corps War delivers one of the greatest GL stories of all time
>Final Crisis destroys the significance of Barry Allen's sacrifice, screws up pre-52 Darkseid and has only two "major" superhero kills in form of Martian Manhunter and Batman who no one believed would stay dead.
>Shoves the Monitors down a hole after no one can think of a way to make them work after the trainwreck that was Countdown.

>caring about superhero kills in an event
also SCW wasn't even an event, it was a crossover between Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps with a random Blue Beetle tie-in

i have completely missed Convergence, what are the tie-ins worth checking out?

the JSA and Question ones

that's all I can really remember