/swco/ - Star Wars Comics and Cartoons

Yuletide Edition
>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Darth Vader #1 - The Chosen One - Part I (June 7)
Rogue One #3 - (June 7)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/53nvlq/canon_starships_to_scale_info_in_comments/
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dual-phase_lightsaber
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker/Legends#Force_powers
youtube.com/watch?v=EC-5FdMl0gQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is she looking at, /swco/?

F

>no profundity
get this out of date shit out of here
also check the scale inset - ISD (1600m) = 326 pixels, Home One = 392 pixels
392 / 326 = ~1.2
1.2 x 1600 gives a length for Home One of approximately 1920 meters

that was made 9 months ago by some redditor who hasn't updated it since. It has several size errors(and I think it used an old measurement for Home One) so that's why there's no Profundity.

It's also missing several ships(which were pointed out to him but the dude never updated it)

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/53nvlq/canon_starships_to_scale_info_in_comments/

if I had the time, autism, and digital drawing skill I'd fix everything but I don't. I'd love for someone to do so though

I can't wait for Jedha and the Death Stars next album.

is /swco/ shitty as always?

The republic and the rebels never had proper bombers
Why?

Dedicated bombers are flying targets

Just give me Grievous

That's all I ask

please

>Yoda fighting Darth Maul at Hogwarts

It would be nice if each character had another to pair them with.

Grievous has Dooku. Vader has Sidious. Maul has no one. Would be fun if you got some sort of team bonus or something for having two aligned characters fight together.

>Maul has no one
Maul top-half with robot legs and Maul's legs with a droid upper body.

There's always Savage.

Not for the people that never watched TCW (heavy majority of the game audience)

here

Dooku should have Ventress, Maul gets Savage, and Greivous gets two Magnaguards

But they are so cool

You severely overestimate how much of the playerbase is normies.

Hell, even fucking EA's mobile garbage has characters like Aphra and Savage, and that shit is tailored straight to the most normie part of the fanbase.

Also I guess Iden's companion droid can't be in the game because the "majority of the players" have never seen Rebels.

TL;DR - Stop being silly and imagining imposing restrictions that don't exist.

>Also I guess Iden's companion droid can't be in the game because the "majority of the players" have never seen Rebels.
They'll be able to understand a droid existing without knowing about 7S. A Maul clone with another double lightsaber and the force is harder to pass off, especially next to Maul himself.

Holonet News is already calling it the best Jizz album of the past 5 standard years. Everyone is saying that it revolutionizes the genre. Motti from Ultimate Power in the Universe has been quoted as saying "Those fucking rebels won't know what hit them after Tarkin drops his newest load of Jizz on their faces."

>not in aurebesh

>wanting that garbage when you have high imperial

Normies didn't even know who Dengar or Nien Nunb were. Some expositional dialogue and some flavor text is all it takes.

>Savage spawns in alongside Maul
>Looks just like Maul, but bigger and yellow
>"We will have our revenge, brother"
"Oh, okay, so that's Maul's brother. I guess thats cool, considering Maul wouldn't have anybody else to be his companion, unlike the other characters in this game"

You seem to think normies will start screeching about not understanding something in Star Wars.

This game quite literally has a canon non-movie story in it, and you're suggesting that normies are going to oppose non-movie stuff in the game. Come on m8.

>Motherfuckers leakin plans like they cannot even hold it
>last 5 seconds in the bedroom, cum so fast, bitch they're so shit
>it's not my fault, just go ask Krennic and his gay lover Galen
>little faggot doesn't know I own this whole goddamn Station
KRENNIC BTFO

Gross.

>4 armpits

>19 years later still thinking about dem armpits

>The album opens with the sounds of the Death Star's reactor being activated. As you hear machinery you also begin to hear guitars being tuned, drums being prepared, a keyboard being plugged in. You know that this is going to be a more acoustic album but it will also have Tarkin Initiative's classic mechanical electronic sound. The mechanical noises begin to make song and a drum beat follows. The producer says 'You may fire when ready.' and then the guitar starts. Tarkin starts spitting fucking fire. Lines like 'They will be the architects of their own destruction' and 'Alderaan will wish it never supported the Rebel Regime when I find an end to their means' show that this time around Tarkin is at his lowest, he's tired of joking around and squabbling with Bail Organa on the Senate floor. This Tarkin is a no bullshit type of guy who wants to see an end to the Rebellion once and for all and it really shows in the type of language he uses on this album.

I recognize that bottom star destroyer!

lewd best boy on best girl action

Yuletide Edition he says.....

Man, pong krell has been taking it hard after he died.

Being shot in the back will do that to you.

Could you make a lightsaber with a switch that turns off the containment field of the plasma so you could long range stab people?

I want that to be Andi Gutierrez

If only

That would probably just cause a kind of explosion. If containment fields are even a thing, it probably controls both the length and diameter of the blade.

There was something similar in Legends

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dual-phase_lightsaber

Jesus fuck, that is just unwieldy.

Aw man I thought I was being stupidly creative

Does anyone have a list of the ridiculous shit people pulled off with the force in the EU? I wanna read some crazy stuff

Look at the "powers and abilities" section of Luke's Legends page

Darth Nihilus nommed entire planets

Sidious created wormholes that could destroy stars

My favorite will always be Plo Koon's electric judgement. While it's not itself a crazy Force power since it's just lightning, it only happened because someone saw him use it in an expressly non-canon game (Jedi Power Battles, which is literally just the events of Episode 1 but with a team of five Jedi instead of just Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan) and didn't realize the game wasn't meant to be taken literally. The fact that Plo had it caused a bit of a snowball since it became justification for Luke and other Jedi in the post-ROTJ era to have it.

So the entire reason Luke Skywalker could use lightning was because someone once took a video game too seriously.

In what was is that ridiculous?

So, we all know that in general, Thrawn>Ackbar, however, how would Ackbar fair against a Thrawn who had stubbed his toe right before the fight?

Are you joking?

Nothing is impossible with the Force.

But there's a limit. When shit gets too big, it makes everything that came before it look like small time.

This was a big problem with the EU. Sheev was supposed to be the culmination of the Rule of 2, and yet the ancient Sith (in Legends this is) were doing ridiculously OP shit.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker/Legends#Force_powers

Hey anons is there a good place to stream and watch Clone wars now that Netflix has killed it. I had just started S4 too.

>But there's a limit
Source? Do you not know what impossible means? Also are you forgetting Palpatine trying manipulate reality with the Force? And don't forget Force draining is still a thing. The Aphra comics are getting into this.

>This was a big problem with the EU.
It was never a problem. It was rule of cool and nothing more.

What do you mean, it's still on Netflix

It's been taken off? Wut?

Pretty sure Netflix confirmed that wasn't happening

Oh thank god.

This page is pretty sad given what we know about lightsabers now

I'm interested, what exactly are you implying?

While that's true, the reason Nihlus wasn't OP was that he was still utterly retarded.

He literally cruised around in a broken ship, with half the hull missing, got tricked by an old woman (in a game where time constraints were so large, they didn't even finish her backstory admittedly), and literally died because he couldn't drain the force from his opponent. He also proceeds to force choke anyone who disagrees with him which, while par for the course for a sith admittedly, isn't bright when the only way you can communicate is via telepathy and angry gasping.

It's not even like his opponent was the brightest of sparks, as she took his mask knowing correctly that it would eventually end up as a sith relic.

The fucking Sith Emperor on the other hand... I love the Sith alchemy stuff, but did he really have to be so OP? He's literally the villain of FMA except less interesting.

I will always be sad that this was a thing, but force teleportation wasn't.

Tbf Nihilus was more or less completely consumed by his hunger and really had no goals beyond sating it so expecting him to act rationally is rather pointless.

>Luke safely landed himself and Isolder from a free fall drop from orbit with the Force.
What the fuck

I believe he's referring to the power cell that needs to be changed every so often

>he also absorbed the initial cannon blasts from the AT-AT
>Luke managed to telekinetically sustain a black hole
>he walked on lava while still throbbing with the Force after defeating a Fireworm living in the lava just moments before
>Luke used the Force to call all the Jedi across the galaxy to Ossus
>Luke also trained to overcome the Force-Blindness caused by Ysalamiri
>Luke used the Force to generate a physical copy of the Jade Shadow to fool the attacking dartships. This usage of the Force was so extreme, Luke burnt out and his face was temporarily sunken and shriveled like Palpatine's
>Luke rooted himself with the Force so strongly that it was said that he had become the very essence of the immovable object, and that not even the black hole at the center of the galaxy could move him
>Luke shut his presence down after being fired upon by Jaina to make it seem like he died
>Luke made Caedus "see" a fleet of ships, causing him to panic in front of his navy
>He was described as a maelstrom of luminous Force energy, against which there was no shelter. So calm and focused was he that his actions were not interrupted by any thought. Luke merged with the Force to such a degree that the Jedi Master did not seem to be there, physically or as an individual personality
>Electric Judgment
>Luke was taught the Fold space ability which allowed him to teleport objects vast distances
>The Light Side rushed into him, his cells began to burst with power and his skin gave off a golden glow
>mnemotherapy
>Luke had great resilience in Force duels, able to break a powerful Force grip on his neck
>Luke dispensed powerful blasts of Force energy that manifested itself as golden flame
Jesus ficking christ. I'm so glad I never reached past ~20 ABY in the old EU. I mean, I really enjoyed Thrawn and the X-Wing series snd stuff, but holy shit, seeing all this, I'm so happy the EU was purged right now.

>they're just now realizing that star wars became dbz during the njo series

This ship is a two-seater

I never got round to getting into NJO, luckily. Looks like I dodged a bullet there.

Best girl coming through.

>liking muslim terrorists

So, EA has the E3 presser tonight and the Battlefront II stream afterwards.

Hopes? Expectations? Will DICEfront redeem itself?

Real life muslims are lowlife trash but I'd stick my dick in a crazy yellow space-temptress anyday.

if it weren't for the terrorists america would collapse into civil war. be grateful for your enemies for they keep you united

Sticc Imperial lewd goddess with a soft spot for younger boys? Hell yes.

That piece of terrorist garbage that somehow ended up in the Jedi Order by mistake? No, thanks.

Would you (and everybody else) be interested in me throwing up the E3 stream in the cytube to watch together? Seems like there would be enough interest.

As for your questions, I am cautiously optimistic. They're going to talk about the class and customization system, as well as Clone Wars content, which are two of the biggest selling points to me. What they show will probably settle whether I buy it or not.

>Hopes?
Cosmetic customization that makes sense, and classes that are balanced well. Map updates to be free, with cosmetic microtransactions to compensate. A satisfying amount of content at launch.

>Expectations?
Monkey's paw on the microtransactions. Map updates will indeed be free, but the microtransactions will be pay2win tier. Barebones content when looking at era-to-era because they couldn't fit enough in to make all 3 era's feel complete.

>Will DICEfront redeem itself?
They can never be redeemed for their abysmal last game, but I do think BF2 has a shot at being a more complete experience closer to what people were wanting back in 2015.

>Sticc Imperial lewd goddess with a soft spot for younger boys

>assuming everyone here is a burger

I don't get it, where is the boy?

I agree, but I do think you can get around this to a certain extent by saying that different Sith specialized in different areas.

Like, Sidious was a master politician, Plagueis was good with midi-chlorians, Tenebrous was a scientist, and so on. So, you could argue that each one had areas of expertise in which they could do amazing things that even their successors could not do.

That only accounts for so much. Obviously, when you've got Sith sucking the life out of entire planets and creating wormholes out of nothing, it kind of begs the question what was the point in even creating an Empire if you're all so OP to begin with.

So, basically, I agree. A lot of the stuff in the EU was pretty dumb when it came to the force.

>Super Star Destroyer 19000 m
Why do they even need ships that big? It's costly as fuck and would be sluggish as hell. Is it really worth it, so you can put more TIEs and more superlasers onto it? You can probably make a dozen regular Star Destroyers from the same amount of material, which would be more effective.

Ganner Rhysode essentially acting as a one-man Thermopalye, killing thousands of Yuuhzan Vong.

A FUCKING SLOTH

Can we not mention Christmas when talking about star wars?

I'd watch E3 with you guys on stream if it was available
It's always fun shit talking in chat and laughing together at the awkward stuff

I want to draw like Stuart Immonen

This makes me sad that we got runaway bitch hermit Luke instead of the Force God.

>Youtuber fucked up and uploaded 12 minutes of gameplay footage of BF2

Now we know who voices the clones

It's _______Baker___

You better link that shit right now, or im going to call you a big fat liar

OH GOD ITS REAL

youtube.com/watch?v=EC-5FdMl0gQ

YESYESYES

BAKER CLONES, MORRISON BOBA JUST HOW I WANTED

ITS HAPPENING, THE BIRTH OF STAR WARS VIDYAKINO

>Clankers in the throne room!

Why wouldn't they have him voice the clones too?