Scott Pilgrim

Scott Pilgrim

Should I get the Color or the Black and White?

Neither, it's Canadian hipster trash.

It's a black & white comic.

There is a single joke that only works in Black and White, but blink and you'll miss it anyway.

There's a version of it in color now

If you're going to buy hipster trash, at least buy new hipster trash from someone who needs the money to survive.

The original intent is always the best

See: Bone

Which ever is nicer to your wallet and takes the the least amount of space on your shelf .

Theres one joke that only makes sense in black and white (to the point that the colored version changes some text to point this out) but otherwise it doesn't matter.

Said joke

Otherwise just choose whatever you prefer

Read both
Prefer color, I liked the bw because it felt like a manga but color added a lot

Don't listen to these guys. The color version strengthens the mood and depth in the novels

Whatever is cheaper. There's literally a single joke that's different

The color version really makes the characters and action pop.

Fairbarn's colouring actually brings it up a lot. Although I enjoyed it in the original black and white as well.

you should get some taste

get the black and white and color the characters in yourself and then resell it as your own original book

That's a big girl

I do like how the comic is self-aware.

How would he Ven know if it's a phone conversation?

I'm glad they changed the joke accordingly. It's attention to little details like this that I really love.

Get it in black and white. The first three hardcovers alone cost more than the entire series in black & white.

You really shouldn't buy something in color if you don't even know you'll like it or not.

Lying is an unhealthy habit user. The books were designed with a b&w space in mind, and a lot of emotional moments are more effective because of how they appear in pure whites and shadows rather than a blend of colors.

The colors look nice, but I feel like it's more of an extra for people who are already fans. Most of the colorized panels just recreate color schemes made in the movie anyway.

does any of you have a mega link for this series

because it wasn't?

Neither

you wont miss anything

>the Scott Pilgrim game and movie turns 7 years old this year
Those were both fun, especially the former.

weird how scott pilgrim worked in every medium it was in

Black and White, easy. They're so cheap too.

I do want to buy the colour volumes eventually though.

The color editions cost a fair bit more but have extra stories and behind-the-scenes stuff. The b&w versions are cheaper and don't have the extra material. Both are great.

i have to admit it is a guilty pleasure of mine. mainly because the author had enough sense to let it die rather than try to milk it as a cash cow.

Who's the best girl and why isn't it Knives?

It worked because it was adapted by people who could make it work, not because of anything implicit to Scott Pilgrim itself

Read black and white online first, if you like it check out the color version and buy whichever you like more.

>why not both.avi

Who would want read the same story twice in a row?

>twice in a row
Are you a fucking Cyclops? You have 2 eyes faggot.

I'm talking about reading both the B&W and color edition back to back one after the other.

- Sup Forums, 2017

>There's literally a single joke that's different
What's the joke?

see

I have the B&W version and it's fucking great 'cause it makes it different. The colored version is just like any other average comic book.

This is such simple yet effective panel layout.
Are you that one nigger who constantly spams this in every Other thread or are there more of you?

How is this funnier in black and white? I don't understand.

The joke is that in black and white it's impossible for the reader to know what the hair color is and by extension what is implied to possibly be her natural color.

In the color edition you could blatantly see it's another dye job so the gag doesn't work, therefore the joke was changed to a new one to reflect that.