WE

WUZ

can anyone weight in on the latest panther run? is pacing still glacial?

Also how long is this meme going to still be a thing?

the meme entirely works, when you have afrocentrists going around claiming every great civilization and invention was black

if really doesn't. it's been in every thread where BP is mentioned. I just don't see the purpose. Even if you generally thinks it's funny how long can it last and when do you post it? In Every thread until the movies out? Even After?

because black people feel special and giddy that a FICTIONAL african country is super advanced

when in reality africa has been the least important continent in terms of scientific/mathematical development

I'm not sure why you'd be upset by that, user. Or why you would use this as an outlet for that resentment. I guess I'll just wait for another thread to talk about Black Panther. I might see you I guess

ARE THE CRYSTAL

GEMS

because i hate afrocentrism

and in your mind wakanda is an incarnation of that?

Look at how much millage raping the joker has gotten, and that doesn't have anyone in reality pushing it.

Just ask hudlin! Or don't. More hudlin helps no one.

>where is Egypt located?
>fuckit, thinking is for fools

>Even if you generally thinks it's funny how long can it last and when do you post it?
You're talking to the braintrust behind Baneposting.
Just give up on ever discussing BP here.

>Just ask hudlin! Or don't. More hudlin helps no one.

I could understand the first 5 or so issues of Hudlin's be being alienating to white readership and generally heavy-handed in regards to the political landscape of Africa but his wakanda isn't exactly "Afrocentric". Hell one of the council member show a clear hatred of other Africans and resents them for being cowed by slavery. Also blade talks about how unreasonable it is to expect some kind of universal brother hood among black people. It is over all not a great run though

In what way are we the readers expected to identify or even empathize with the people of wakanda?
I swear wakanda is just a nation of mary sue assholes that lord their superiority over everyone else, what is the purpose of wakanda?

Gorilla City vs Wakanda, who wins?

FATSOS

Is... that faked? Because if it's not I can't believe the shit that's getting through Marvel Editorial.

>alienating to white readership
I think it alienated almost everyone.

But my general point is that Hudlin took the afrofutureistic utopia and cranked the Utopia to 11.

well the specifics of wakandan society vary depending on what era you're talking about. though speaking generally they are just people, not quite at the level of asgardians when it comes to the abundance of magic and other extra-normal stuff.

Reminder that Wakanda has the cure for cancer and Black Panther doesn't share it and let even heroes die because of that.

Gorilla City because it's a city of talking gorillas.

it's from Everything Is Illuminated

>But my general point is that Hudlin took the afrofutureistic utopia and cranked the Utopia to 11.

No it was about the level of Priest and Kirby. The only difference being that they were technologically advanced earlier the before. which is moot since they were isolated anyway.

Wildcard!

I think it's an edit because Coates is stiffer than that. But if you had shown me America Chavez and told me it's an edit I would have believed you.

>Coates

he didn't write that issue. It's from hickman's new avengers

It is not Coates, man.

Coates' Wakanda is a shit country where you can't walk without being gang raped.

Why does it seem like asia always get the back seat in comics?

>Egypt was black

I shiggy diggy

You dont fight memes by whining, faggot. Just ignore it.

>the west has abandoned space

only officially...

well there's New Super-man at least. And Kamala went to Pakistan like half a year ago.

So is wakanda.

>Reacting to and antagonizing trolls beyond what they even dreamed
>Wonder why they still try

Fucking pathetic. Go back to your SU containment thread.

>SU
?

>when in reality africa has been the least important continent in terms of scientific/mathematical development

Are you really that dumb?

Let's just ignore China investing heavily into Africa which will pay off in a decade or so. Or hell even the US was investing in Africa until Trump pulled them out with his dumb budget.

Didn't imply that. re-read the post

Seems like you need a bit of fucking education.

WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIET is about ruling strong black countries in the past. And it actually happens to be true in Marvel Comics, for one specific kingdom, so the point of the meme phrase is entirely lost. KANGzing Wakanda is ironic shitposting at its finest.

"We are going to be free and rule a planet with no white people" is afroFUTURISM. It's an aesthetic and subject for literature and music. Ever heard of Sun Ra? P Funk? Fear of a Black Planet? Black Panther here is showing the dream that Liberia never accomplished in real life: the space diaspora away from the the influence of the current barbarism keeping them from blossoming into something even greater than KANGZ.

Futurism only references KANGZ as a kind of prophecy, that some of the pomp and imagery of Egypt and Africa has an unbroken lineage until someone like Sun Ra or Black Panther liberates blacks from the Earth. It's roots, that's all. But KANGZ is still in the past. War, strife, kingdoms, these are earthly constraints. The afrofuture is peace love and music. Only a white man would equate KANGZ and freedom. Only they would be so obsessed with ruling.

>not wanting to rule
You limp-dicked faggots deserved to be enslaved

>Let's just ignore China investing heavily into Africa which will pay off in a decade or so.

You retard, they are fucking colonizing them without the guns or population movement. China's entire objective is to drain resources from them, not the other way around.

Jesus Christ Marvel, what the fuck?

which is an edited parody comic like Muh Phoenix

Thank White European Christ.

>drain resources from them
in exchange for building their infrastructure for them. it's obviously not out of the goodness of their hearts but it a mutually beneficial set up.

>This thread

Of course you do. You are either some alt right cuck wit or House nigger/pol/tard

12th Dynasty

From the thumbnail I thought the trees in the first panel were some kind of chameleon man.

Lol, no.

Remember when T'Challa's half Brother turned himself into a purple hulk by fucking with pure vibranium.

Remember when Silver Age T'challa showed up and annoyed Present T'challa but it was actually Future T'challa and he was acting all Silver Age because he was dying

King Solomon's frogs are a hell of a thing

>a short dynasty of Nubians means Egypt was black

It would be more correct to say Egypt was Greek, they ruled it longer.

You're insane if you think any development in Africa can survive tribal conflicts older than western nations.

>Kirby

Stan and Jack had T'Challa mention how much he admired western culture and science and how he integrated western developments into his kingdom. He even was a fan of classical music.

Neck yourself you casual faggot.

The meme only exists because Sup Forums got triggered that the AoE 2 expansion had blacks in it. Nothing to do with the rest of that dumb shit.

It's a fucking comicbook. Getting triggered by one (1) comicbook showing views you disagree with is something SJWs do. Grow the fuck up.

Is a meme dipshit, it make fun of the black people who try to be history revisionist, and wht use it on a BP?

When have memes make sense?

>Look at how much millage raping the joker has gotten
Not much? And it was just a response to the daily "why doesn't Batman kill the Joker" threads,

Until they dont have money to pay so the African countries have to allow Chinese private companies to take over the services, it has happened in the past.

An expansion that didn't actually involve Egyptians, in spite of the meme nearly always involving them. Never got that.

>Not much?
Boy you missed some gr8 thread, the reason you dont see it anymore is because the saga ended with Gordon tricking batman to rape him while Joker was in disgues as Gordon

>how he integrated western developments into his kingdom.

like? the only thing even vaguely resembling anything you're talking about is stuff T'challa imported.
And since he explicitly said he's been to universities in both hemispheres I'm eager to see what you could even attribute to the "west" specifically.

memes don't really make sense and are basically free association after initial genesis

>because Sup Forums got triggered that the AoE 2 expansion had blacks in it.
>still using triggered
Lol, i bet you disliked t.Alberto Barbosa too

there's no need to be obsessed with ruling if I have no rivals and no man can be my equal...

Because they have manga.

The meme moved on to then apply to Afrocentrism, especially applied to the whole "black pharaos" thing, because apparently it was just too ebin to let die.

Sup Forums wasn't even mad about historical inacuracy, just that an African nation could be included in something called "Age of Kings".

It's a less funny "Argentina is white".

their are specifically using resources to leverage their debt to china so I don't see how that could possible happen. Beside that secondary purpose is to expand their market's into Africa and have theme manufacture their products

>Stuff T'Challa imported

The wine, the music, some of the furniture, the tech.

>Both hemispheres

That includes western learning. Especially when all modern universities in the east and west follow the western model.

It was because the black guy in the cover was suppose to be someone from portugal, the joke is that Portugal was black, just as the meme of how Argentina is not white.

well you'll never get taken to the future like that

>the tech.
like?

t. Alberto Barbosa

>It was because the black guy in the cover was suppose to be someone from portugal,
No?
The black guy on the cover is the guy from Mali, guy on the right is obviously Portugal.
Alberto Barbosa is because people thought it was funny that Portugal was included in "African Kingdoms" and wilfully confused the characters.

The big ass cyborg jungle he hunted the F4 through. He built it after coming home from learning stuff outside of Wakanda.

The guy respected Western Culture. He even played a game of baseball with the F4. He wasn't this REEE WHITEY GO HOME monster his modern version is.

Do black people even like fictional Wakanda? I think the whole tribal spears and masks while being the *most scientifically advanced* in the middle of war-torn, suffering Africa is kind of on the nose and insulting.

>>The big ass cyborg jungle he hunted the F4 through. He built it after coming home from learning stuff outside of Wakanda.

so nothing then? Since there nothing exclusively or even vaguely western about that. All he say is that he did "for a lark" to lest what he learned at various universities. We're never even told what it does it's just electronic.

The sad thing is you're not even entirely wrong. I mean your specifically wrong now but wakanda was much more explicitly westernized during Don McGregor which last mini but that isn't this.

The idea of this fantasy of a secret techno-utopia in sub-subsaharan Africa built by the indigenous population is so farfetched that it seems like egregious pandering. I say this as a proud black man. We wuz not kangz. Don't reduce us to children fantasizing over a utopia that never will be.

They're sure as fuck going to love it now.

It's not like white people get mad when people in sci fi use swords and medieval looking helmets.

Also just curios what is modern version of t'challa 93' and up or what?

It's a fucking comicbook, Jesus. It's not even close to being the most far fetched thing there's been in the MCU.

more or less farfetched than super-advanced genetically-engineered-by-an-alien-race people living on the moon?

>I say this as a proud black man.

oh well since you're black and not let's say, pretending to be black based on some warped belief that that makes your opinion more valid, I guess wakanda is "pandaring". to whom? Black people I guess.
Wakandans aren't sub-subsaharan by the way

Watch a documentary on Liberia and tell me Wakanda isn't more farfetched than goddamn Dormammu.
You won't be able to with a straight face.

>you can make flying fortresses and give people the power to shatter worlds and fantasize to your hearts content, but how DARE you make a fake city in Africa!
Shut the fuck up. You're clearly not black. And if you are, you're just retarded

>Watch a documentary on Liberia and tell me Wakanda isn't more farfetched than goddamn Dormammu.
You don't seem to understand the point of comic books

I don't think Japanese kabuto and modern German stahlhelme were helmets of medieval Europe. And lightsabers were always about kendo first and foremost, with a bit of Errol Flynn-style swashbuckling thrown in.

Kurosawa's influence on Star Wars is pretty well known. Not that it invalidates your point at all, but it isn't a great example.

well they're not literally in the Sahara and north of the Sahara is the land of "basically just the Middle East" so pretty sure they're sub-Saharan

Apologies for the misspelling I meant sub-saharan, which is accurate.
Pandering to a black audience, of course! Too long have we been victims of our own base desires, exploited by whitey's temptations of consumerism! We should be building ourselves up, not spending our money on yeezy's and ponderous slanderous movie entertainments!

>Dormammu
>Magic god-like being that rules a universe made up of other universe he absorbed into one big universe.
>Wakanda
>Land of sorcery and super-science emerging from centuries of isolation led by a super-smart guy

well both posit the existence of magic. though only one has smart black people. So I guess wakanda is far fetched who knew?

>Watch a documentary on Liberia and tell me Wakanda isn't more farfetched than goddamn Dormammu.
It isn't. Get a fucking grip.

Fiction is still fiction, stop being retarded because you have to politicize everything black people do.

*panderous
Damn autocorrect ruinin my bars! Sheeeit

Dormammu could be a black guy, you don't know

it's been pretty consistently near the east though there is a new map in the latest run so who knows?

I couldn't really think of a better sci fi example since people don't do magic sci fi swords much for fear of looking like they're copying Star Wars.

that's still sub-Saharan, you retard

ok. I really don't see how whether it is or isn't matters though, but we sorted our the geography so there's that