Why does DC continue to insist on casting Iris and Wally as black in live action adaptations?

Why does DC continue to insist on casting Iris and Wally as black in live action adaptations?

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/sawfcn.gif
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because changing the irrelevant redheaded side characters into irrelevant black side characters is a quick and painless way to reach the minimun negro quota every mainstream piece of media has had to hit since the mid 00s.

Iris has brown hair not red. She and Wally are not related by blood, she is adopted.

Because it really doesn't matter. Especially to people like you, OP, who don't actually read comics.

Nobody gives a shit, neckbeard snowflake. Sorry to inform you.

And sto replying to your self retard.

>Iris and Wally are the two most important characters in The Flash besides Barry
>Irrelevant
Why are you here if you don't read comics?

Because that girl is so fucking cute.

>it doesn't matter
Yes it does.
>Don't read comics
The Human Race is the best Flash story ever written.

what the characters look like doesn't change the story

and Human Race is not even the best story in the Morrison/Millar run, casual

>LOOK HOW MUCH I DON'T CARE EVERYONE

>Looks
DC writers do more than change looks when they change race. Black iris and black Wally don't act like white Wally or Iris

>I don't read comic books

Wally being black it's actually a joke, because Wally was originally a racist.

>why are there darkies in my comic book movie
That's a racist question, OP.

Because they can't cast a white person as an anti-America that hates America. So they did the next best thing and cast a black person that is actually anti-America and hates America.

K.

to trigger stupid assholes like you really

This. We should make Black Panther white and anyone who disagrees is stupid and an asshole.

>Tumblr

fivehead

Because they were cast before rebirth when we only had black Wally.

There is still hope for movie Wally. They can say he is adopted or something.

Because ginger is a convenient anagram.

>using a racism

It's actually ok when DC does it though

because I've been banging a black girl and its chill
she's probably faking it, but seems to really enjoy sex

Because Ginger Genocide

it's what people wanted

#keepIrisblack

It sounds and seems like you are talking about yourself.

Redheads are one of the smallest minorities and since Hollywood wants white genocide they start with the minorities among the white minority.

It's not that they're darkies, it's that they're black Americans. Why does this 30 million strong population make up 1/4 of the planet's media?

Diversity.

Or are you triggered by this?

>Why does this 30 million strong population make up 1/4 of the planet's media?

Why are half the shows on television about cops or doctors when they make up a tiny percent of the world's population? Media is not about representing every aspect of real life as accurately as possible.

The numbers game is more bullshit. "Oh, I'm not racist, I'm just asking why they're in there. It's just numbers and statistics, I'm just asking the question." They wouldn't do this if the racial politics of the golden/silver ages of comics didn't make it so a large number black heroes was a social and financial impossibility.

>but that's not my problem

Too bad. Build a time machine, add more black and female and gay characters into the time periods where these characters were codified into pop culture, then you can whine about diversity and quotas.

Although I like the actress choice the angry idiots screaming "racism!" are more annoying than the ones questioning the choice

Why are white overrepresented in the planet's media then?

>Jizzskins are upset about this

This piss-skinned mulatto isn't even black. They literally cast the least harmless "ethnic" person they could find to be the love interest.

What a disgusting looking woman. You either go full white or full black. Dont cheap out with mulatto freaks like this.

Who gives a shit?

Actual fans of Wally West. Black Wally should be a different character, he acts nothing like his predecessor.

>. You either go full white or full black. Dont cheap out with mulatto freaks like this.
Nah

Does their ethnicity matter? No? Why does it matter if it's changed? Would you care if they were indian?

To met Iris wasn't that well known, important, or heavily influenced other than Lois Lane, Selena Kyle, or Mary Jane. When Barry kicked the bucket Wally took over and his love interest was Linda. How often did Iris appear during Wally's run?

No one cares or has seen the Tornado Twins in a long time

My problem is being able to buy Ezra's Flash handling that

my.mixtape.moe/sawfcn.gif

I hear he's a good actor though. I only ever saw him on Royal Pains and trailers.

>she is adopted
Thank you. Fucking no one seems to remember that she's from the future!!

Iris and Wally aren't related by blood asshole.

She's from the future sent to the 20th century as a new born because of
>it was me Barry

Oh yeah, because she is adopted in comics, it is guaranteed that it will still be the case in the movie, because all adaptations are 100% accurate to the source material.

Redheads get sunburn under stage lights.

Do you think they would have if they were white?

Look, they got the amazing Jesse Martin to be Joe West so they reached into their bag of unused black actresses and got Candice Patton, their One Tree Hill reject.

They're all good looking and the guy playing wally ain't half bad, so let's see what happens.

The only time you should change someone's race is if you can get away with it.

WE

Jesse Martin's so good as Joe that everything else was worth it.

Well, Iris is mostly worth it. She still has some truly terrible scenes but that's on the writing team, not the actress.

Race changing established characters, instead of creating new ones is retarded.

Given how Hollywood is, I'm more surprised they haven't cast a black guy as Barry and kept Iris white.

pic unrelated

Comic book readers don't want new characters.

Painfully true.

he was a reagan youth and he was "racist: to redstar the russian.

go back to pre-COIE earth-4, Dr. Manahattan

Can you think of any other Perry White other than DCAU's version?

I barely remember DCAU's Perry White, he wasn't an incredibly memorable part of the show.

Remember when Harvey Dent was black?
Remember not knowing who the hell Harvey Dent was back then?

You'd think they would with the Tornado Twins and all.

>white guy character's love interest is Indian
I would absolutely love that, but it would never happen.

>Wally West, Iris West
>Irrelevant

Thanks for affirming you know shit.

happened in Superman Secret Identity

Except that literally always happens in the media. White men are allowed to get with anything.

As soon as a new minority character is created people whine about pandering.

Push an existing minority character people whine about pandering.

I was just watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It happens there.

A. To spite Sup Forums

B. they have 0 mutie emplyoees

>Remember not knowing who the hell Harvey Dent was back then?
Tim Burton sure didn't, by his own admission. Even Billy Dee Williams knew, but Burton didn't.