Can we admit "Movie Synergy" is ruining comics?

Can we admit "Movie Synergy" is ruining comics?
>Have to turn characters black to fill the movie diversity quota
>Have to take away the legacy aspects of GL and Flash because it's easier to market Hal and Barry than a bunch of Green Lanterns and Flashes
>Turned Star lord into Meme lord because movie audience need generic jokey characters
>Everything wrong with new 52
>Marvel comics is treated as an idea factory for the movies and they don't care about quality

The MCU has ruined Marvel comics

Nick Fury is still white. He just fucked off somewhere.

No that doesn't justify movie synergy and I largely agree with you. Just pointing out.

whats wrong with movie star lord?
he was awesome

Your complaints for DC would have been relevant in 2012
Now it's clear that Marvel's problem is with their editorial staff and general climate.

>Nick Fury is still white. He just fucked off somewhere.
Isn't he suffering on the moon?

hes the new watcher no?

>Movie Synergy

There are two black characters in MCU. One of them is Black fucking Panther.

Honestly, at point I'm just waiting for the synergy to give Carol Danvers an actual character.

I think he means Peter's girflfriends in homecoming. along with the other forced race changes.

3. fury, sam, and t'challa

We've had this thread, at this point I wish I was capping my standard reply. Basically it goes
>No, comics editorial ruined themselves, nobody forced them to synergize as it has proven to be a shitty gimmick that doesn't bring sales anyway.

I'll admit I haven't watched an MCU movie since the first Avengers, but I haven't seen any other race changes occur.

Just trying to figure out if people are mad at something real or something they're imagining that isn't going on.

When the fuck is the last time Liz Allan appeared in comics?

Star-Lord was a sarcastic joker in the comics. When Bendis started writing him (before the movie) he wasn't really like the movie version, he was just a generic leader guy with daddy issues.

Anyway synergy can be unpleasant but ultimately it has a negligible effect. What's ruining Marvel is that most of the writers and editors just don't give a shit.

DC did it.

People think Mary Jane is Michelle

There's been Whathisname on his rainbow in Thor, and Valkyrie in the upcoming movie.
Flash, Ned Leeds and Liz in Homecoming.
And I guess the Ancient One being white counts.

That's about it.

New 52 was designed to work around movie synergy. It's why it's filled with so many blacks.

Major character in the recent Spider-Man 2099 run.

Still?

The Ancient One change was due to the Chinese audiences being shit.

DC has never done the movie synergy thing. They've always kept them seperate.

Marvel has always trend chased and it hurts them as much as helps them. The movies are their current trend.

Which reminds me: Mandarin.

>Can we admit
Was there actually someone denying it?
Movie synergy isn't even to say that the concepts in the movies are bad, they can work in their context, nor that the movies are bad. They're just adaptations after all.

It's when someone tries to reverse the process, like feeding vomit to someone, that's when problems starts to occur because the context and purpose of something is usually not carried over, because the person behind it is usually not involved the comics so whatever happens there is an empty shell of both the comic and movie version of its source.

Synergy is something only some market researching idiot who doesn't even read this shit would think is a good idea.
Exception being Blade. That was dope.

Oh they've tried, it just never sticks.

Heimdall's still white in the comics right?

Pretty sure everyone is their original race in comics save for Fury.

Yeah, for further explanation, note how much more simplified Johns' JL and Shazam Origin stories are. He and WB wanted them to be the origin story for the movies, which they were aiming for to similarly streamlined for brand synergy.

The New 52 was the same stuff Marvel did, perhaps worse in impact on the universe.

Then what about Morrison's Superman reboot? It was extremely casuals and editors resistant.

Morrison is cursed to never be adapted though.

Morrison is Morrison. He's immune to the Gentry. Not all New 52 stories were bad, but as a whole it existed to make the DCU more palatable for movies.

The sad thing is Osama bin Mandarin wasn't a bad idea. But they had to duck it up.
Fury is probably the most ridiculous attempt at synergy
>oh shit Fury is black in movies and white in comics, normies who don't buy comics will get confused!
>well, we have ultimate nick fury who is literally SLJ, with the whole convergence thing maybe we could....
>No, you are fired. Here's what will do: introduce Fury's never mentioned before son who looks completely black instead of half-black, have him accidentaly lose an eye, give him the name Nick Fury for some reason and also command of SHIELD out of nowhere
>a round of applause

>All Star Superman
Granted, it's shit, but still.

Like who? Nick Fury? He was black in Ultimates a full 8 years before the MCU even existed. I hope you're not talking about Zendaya cause its been confirmed she's not MJ. Heimdal is the only actual example I can think of.
>Have to take away the legacy aspects of GL and Flash because it's easier to market Hal and Barry than a bunch of Green Lanterns and Flashes
I dunno, I feel like in that case, it was just the old fag editors being oldfags and wanting muh childhood back.
>Turned Star lord into Meme lord because movie audience need generic jokey characters
Why are you pretending you give a shit about GotG? Oh, let me guess, you're one of the five fans of the comic before the movie, right? Yeah, its funny how everyone on Sup Forums becomes an expert right after a movie comes out.
>Everything wrong with new 52
Well, I can't disagree there, I wasn't a fan. But if we actually look at the DCEU, it tends to steal a lot of ideas from Dark Knight Returns. And the Wonder Woman movie has pretty much nothing in common with Azz' WW run.
>Marvel comics is treated as an idea factory for the movies and they don't care about quality
I dunno man. I seriously doubt we'll ever see Falcon become Captain America, a black teen become Iron Man or even Jane Foster in general ever in the MCU. And again, its pretty obvious the problem with Marvel these days is the editors. Even if the Fantastic Four were back, you'd still have this bizarre obsession with minority legacy characters that literally doesn't exist in the MCU and won't exist so long as Disney believes those lead actors should keep on being leads.

Its kinda pointless to get mad about this shit.

>dat Sentinel game
Although I'm not fond of watching my favorite bitch take such a pounding.

>Like who? Nick Fury? He was black in Ultimates a full 8 years before the MCU even existed. I hope you're not talking about Zendaya cause its been confirmed she's not MJ. Heimdal is the only actual example I can think of.
Ahh, but current black Fury isn't ultimate Fury, it's an OC who replaced original white Fury.
>I dunno man. I seriously doubt we'll ever see Falcon become Captain America, a black teen become Iron Man or even Jane Foster in general ever in the MCU
If MCU lives long enough for RDJ, Evans or Hemsworth to step down from their roles, we very well might.

MCU Star-Lord is fine for the MCU. Turning 616 Star-Lord into MCU Star-Lord is not.

>No, you are fired.
Thanks for the laugh.

Kek, that was pretty good.

I only read Marvel but name one character that canonically turned black.