Shitty main characters

Thus is about characters who headline a show, but make you hate them or simply not care about them at all in favor of lesser cast members. I find Star Butterfly to be the best example of this.

I disagree

I'll start

Does this count?

See: The Legend of Korra

In the first season I could kind of see this point but then in the second season they massively improved her. Mainly by actually treating her flaws as flaws.

>headline a show
so, no

Don't take the bait, we don't need another Star vs Jackie thread, just post other shows

like that guy

I don't really mind Steven, but I am more interested in the Crystal Gems.

>This shit opinion
Everyone in Korra was fucking retarded, Korra herself was retarded but cute.

Definitely agree. Mostly it was Starco fans that made me hate Star, but as I rewatch season 1 and 2, I'm starting to legitimately dislike her as a character. I prefer Marco.

Truth. She was cute at least.

They're all fucking awful people
>Garnet is rock (no pun intended). She has absolutely no personality, and both Ruby and Sapphire are completely unlikable
>Amethyst is a lazy, disgusting pig who has contributed nothing to the team since the very beginning, not even counting what she did to Greg
>Pearl's only personality trait is being a rose obsessed cuck faggot, and she might be the only character in animation who is a literal cuck faggot, she is an insufferable cunt who is so self-absorbed that she distracted her own teammate from finding (What they thought) was their greatest threat at the time, because she wanted to fusion fuck Garnet.
>Steven speaks for himself if you've watched more than 1 episode

not really
she's still very much a mary sue

she's treated as having insane magical talent without ever once needing practice, study, or experience

adding onto that, the plot revolves around how much she fucks up, yet it never comes back to bite her in the arse in a major way
what's the worst thing that happens from her destroying her wand? losing her irreplaceable book? outing her family's secret keeping? she has to move back home

hell, it feels like everyone else in the show has to pay for her actions. her mom nearly dies & loses all her magical friends, her mentor's probably dead, I can't think of any lasting impact her actions have given herself

>cuck
opinion discarded, back to pol you go

Star is probably the worst offender. The best thing about her is the cuck memes.

So who do you care about then? Townies? Barn gems?

what episode are you on?

[Pic Related]
None of the Townies have given me any reason to hate them (except maybe Ronaldo but he's harmless), and they've had a lot of good moments so they're okay, but I don't think the show needs a consistent cast of background characters and should really get away from being stuck in one town.

how does it feel to have shit for taste

>without ever once needing practice, study, or experience
she spent the entire first seasons 'practicing' her spells on Ludo and his goons every few days, and a good chunk of her free time coming up with new spells or figuring out specific ones. In, what, the second episode? she spends like twenty consecutive hours getting the hang of the arm spell.
>what's the worst thing that happens from her destroying her wand? losing her irreplaceable book? outing her family's secret keeping? she has to move back home
she has to abandon the guy she'd do anything for and go running back to the kingdom that has a civil war brewing as well as a monster revolution, with the Buttrfly Family being enemy number one of both dissenting factions, and is being targeted by her greatest enemy who has armed himself with Star's two greatest weapons and not even a group of centuries old magic expert could stop him.

She is in the worst position she's ever been in with no clear solutions and its all her fault

I don't think she was a Mary Sue even in 1, just not a particularly well written character. But as for now:

She doesn't know about her own insane magical talent, though her parents, important figures like Glossaryck/Baby, and the audience do. I think she sort of views herself as kind of a fuckup-- meaning she's both likely to sell her own abilities short and unaware of the danger her magic at its worst could cause to herself and others.

I'd say the second half of S2 very much shows Star getting bitten in the ass. Her broken wand almost killed herself and Marco, on different occasions. The loss of her book allowed Toffee to come back, and obviously Star and Moon are his main targets-- not to mention Glossaryck is now working for him (obviously it's to help Star in a convoluted way but he still has more power as a result). We don't know yet what outing the family's secrets will do, but it seems pretty likely the Mewman population has lost trust in the royal family. Her getting sent home is just the cherry on top of it all.

I think we're going to be seeing her facing the consequences of these actions herself even more next season. The whole point of the "Toffee's return" stuff was that it was going on behind the scenes, and thus had to involve Moon and the MHC rather than Star, but I doubt "Star's mom fights for her" will be the template for the rest of the series.

In fact the description of the S3 premiere states Star will be going up against Ludo herself, and while it's not stated, going by the current possession situation she's probably going to run into Toffee too.

Well the most plot driven episodes are 22 minutes long and also show the most star suffering. Most episodes are 11 minutes long and have to fit the status quo, but they can still feature emotional trauma, like when she tried to foil Preston change-o but everyone ended up hating her at the end of the episode.

You're also underestimating the plot points you did mention. The repercussions of breaking her wand was giving her enemy a means to defeat her. Losing her book meant giving the most powerful entity in the universe to toffee+ludo. Moving back to mewni kinda flips the show's entire premise on it's back, and sets up for more adventure and less filler.

Korra

Timmy Turner

And his family too.

>hating on Darwin
Why?

>Gumball

Why him?!?! He's arguably the best thing about the show. I'd say the shitty school characters, that aren't a central part of his life, bring it down

>He's arguably the best thing about the show
Is this a joke? He was good in the past but now he is an annoying, unlikeable and unfunny cunt. What is worse, he is more a plot device than a real character. Only Richard and Tobias are worse than Gumball.

>the shitty school characters
He is the one that bring characters like Penny down

not Sup Forums related but still these three are the worst characters in the whole fucking series.

What's wrong with her?

This is all just baitposting or shows that are widely liked. Yet no one has pointed to characters like Spongebob, Coconut Fred, Eddy, or pic related.

Might be jumping the gun a bit, but I doubt the show will prove me wrong. The two monstrosities in the middle are the main characters.

>muh mean spirit
Nah, he's fucking great.

epbp

Well she's supposed to be fucking awful. She's the Bojack Horseman of Disney Princesses. She can't even do the "let my beloved be happy" schtick without going all Manchester.

>[Pic Related]
Jesus Christ, kill yourself.
And how do you even say the main characters are bad for being awful people then think Lapis would be a better main?

naruto justified his entire existence as a character to me when he pulled reverse harem on the final boss and actually landed the first blow thanks to it

>Bubsy

I cannot believe there's a new game starring this annoying piece of shit. And in the new trailer he's still just as annoying. This character is like Bonkers (from Disney). I don't see how something so infuriating is still going. Then again Spongebob is a Kid Icon. Anyway, the world needs less annoying characters and I hope Bubsy flops.

>She's the Bojack Horseman of Disney Princesses

That's Merida from the movie Brave....I mean Entitled. And Merida is considered to be a great role model for little twats. Up there with that annoying uninteresting bint Elsa.

Finally have an excuse to use this image

Thank you.
Maybe the school characters wouldn't be so shitty if they actually gave them the fucking time and interactions needed to make them actual fucking characters. Instead, they focus on the fucking family all the damn time.

more Star shit while the thread's still up

Re: Star's incredible power it actually hasn't truly helped her any time she's used it. By the time she does get some sort of a victory through it, it'll have been a long time coming.

>Star dips down to free Marco from an unbreakable box: the box rebuilds itself shortly afterward, nothing actually changes, and Toffee wins
>Star dips down to prevent Marco from reading something that implies her crush on him: this works, but it literally just involved magically opening a door to do it, and she ended up spilling her guts to Marco at the end of the season anyway, in front of everyone
>Star dips down to reach through space to try to rescue Glossaryck: he's not going to come back with her

She did use magic impressive enough to prevent her from being sent back to Mewni during her examination, but only after being chewed out for fucking up everything else so it was clearly a "just barely" kind of deal. And she still got sent home at the end of the season anyway so it was pretty much all for nothing.

In every major encounter with a villain, she's lost. One exception might be St. Olga's-- but that was Marco who played a major role and is the one celebrated for it. Every finale so far has been played as kind of a downer.

Sure, she easily beats up Ludo's army etc. in the earliest episodes, but Star has lost pretty much everything that actually matters.

It's hinted she may be partly evil due to something to do with Queen Eclipsa, so this may be excusable.

>le mean spirit meme
Nice way to defend shit writing.

Anddddddd stole.

I agree to an extent, but I think Lapis is edgy and awful. What we need is more Jasper. I feel like she should get more development and perhaps redirect that strong sense of passion and justice of hers to improving herself (except not like Amethyst who spent 3 episodes trying to be strong and crying about it when things didn't go her way) . In my opinion Jasper is one of the most passionate and riveting characters in the show and i'd love to see her on a journey to become stronger and redirect that passion and sense of justice in a way that isn't self destructive to signify that she's matured and reflected on both her and Rose Quartz's actions.

Whoops, accidentally repeated myself

Well I think YOU are the shitty main character of your life.
Fuckin billboard apologists.
That fuckin billboard had it coming, maybe they think twice now before appearing in capchas.
>"muh six bajillion billboards"
No, fuck them, that never happened.

Please take a nap, Starfag13.

Ok but I'm doing it because I want to, not because you told me so.

I agree with gumball. But after the voice actor change. Old gumball was pure, and did things with a childish innocence to them. Now he's just Bloods from Foster's. Not the good Bloo from the pilot either.

one of thems rich evans, so itll be fine

Chowder. Fuck Chowder, he actively made what would otherwise be a pretty good show be difficult to watch because he was so fucking annoying and stupid.

Star's a shit, but the further you go on the more apparent it is that she's written as a shit on purpose, it's actually a bad thing and other people do notice, and her few positive qualities are essentially meaningless in terms of solving problems, in filler and in plot episodes.

who the fuck wants to watch a show with a shitty MC that can't get anything right and is a massive cuck?

I want her to stop being a shit, and I'm only here for Marco anyway

>I emphasize too much with these cartoon characters to tolerate black comedy

Going full 2013 Mr. Enter there.

>Gumball
>"black comedy"
You are fucking stupid

>main characters are bad for being awful people then think Lapis would be a better main
Simply because Lapis has never done anything wrong to an innocent person.

>more Jasper.
She's good as a villain her rabid hatred of the earth makes him an adversary that you can sympathize with the CGs for wanting to stop
>sense of justice
Jasper was going to assist Peridot in destroying an entire planet because of a vendetta she had against 1 person from her own planet.

I've seen a lot of shit opinions in this thread but this one takes the cake

>characters with flaws disgust me

>I can't think of any lasting impact her actions have given herself

You think there's not going to be any repercussions for getting the magical council eliminated, giving a great evil a wand of his own, and putting revolution against her family by its subjects on the table while the great evil she empowered brews up a monstrous revolution of his own?

Someone mentioned this before and I really think it needs mentioning again. In her magical world where everything was made for her, she replaced her own brother. They gloss right over it like they did for everything Mabel did, but she quite fucking literally replaced her brother. That just seems so fucking terrible. "You're not good enough."

And yet Dipper was the asshole for trying to be more confidant a couple of episodes prior.

>muh flawless character

>characters whose flaws out way anything likable about their characters are good

So a rey sue?

Mr. Enter is shit for many reasons, but since in this case Sup Forums is talking Gumball, did you know that Mr. Enter LOVED the shittiest episode of all for Gumball? He considers The Choices one of his "Admirable Animation" type of episodes. What a shit.

Seriously it's a horrible episode that says "Woman you fucked up your life by getting with and choosing to birth the children of a retard who is good for nothing." And the worst part is Nicole justifying that she would never give up her terrible life because she loves the misery that Richard brings. The writers of Gumball are truly shit. God forbid the parents are actually UNHAPPY together. They always have to somehow work out because "political correctness" dictates it. Can't make kids too sad.

Seconded. I think the reason Chowder got so annoying besides being an incredibly stupid SCREAMING RETARD is that the show's gimmick is the cooking. However, Chowder is more prone to EATING the food that he has to prepare and cook. So he is an anti-thesis to this type of show. And that means he's horrible. We like Remy in Ratatouille because he's good at cooking and preparing meals, but he's professional about it, he's not picking off meals meant for others.

>And yet Dipper was the asshole for trying to be more confidant a couple of episodes prior.

Remember Sup Forums. The modern animation industry is composed of Beta Loser Male Simps like Alex Hirsch who are self-hating male feminists. So long as these lame loser males are working in the industry respectable male characters will NEVER be a thing. Why? Because these simps believe women are men's superiors.

How the fuck did you get that message from The Choices?
The entire point of the episode is that she loves her family and wouldn't have it any other way. She didn't fuck up her life, and even when her family made her angry she realized that she loved them despite that, you want them to be unhappy together for no reason other than what? You hate Richard? You can't understand how she could love someone despite their faults? Because you're unhappy?

Korra is one of the worst characters in fiction that I've ever seen.

But she's hot

>I don't like him because he's a meanie
mc fucking kill yourself.

Oooh so close. You would have been right had you said the first Avatar series though.

Yeah. I thought I was the only one who hated Star, despite this being her show. Marco, on the other hand, is what makes it for me.

>too stupid to understand what is wrong with his character

>Too stupid to understand there is nothing wrong with his character

she's like a broken version of droopy dog.

Or a steven moffat character.