Was Bruce stealing the kryptonite part of Lex's plan? He doesn't seem particularly unhappy about it being gone

Was Bruce stealing the kryptonite part of Lex's plan? He doesn't seem particularly unhappy about it being gone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MZnFXqhCWIk
youtube.com/watch?v=P8a6n105faE
youtube.com/watch?v=V0fR2xlaIWo
youtube.com/watch?v=XwiNzV6QMog),
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it basically makes his hands clean.

lex never weaponized it. it was all bruce.

all lex did was get it into the country, bruce did all the work for him afterwards.

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would stab a man with a spear before throwing him out of a plane

he looks like he's wet himself

He let Bruce's vendetta against Superman do all the work for him. He just needed to make it look like he wanted the Kryptonite for himself.

Nothing about Lex ever made sense

But Lex never planned for that to happen. He wanted the Kryptonite for himself.

He just expected Batman to find another way to kill Superman as part of his plan somehow.

He did plan it. Thing is, he doesn't have one plan, the actor spoke a lot about how Lex has several plans, not just one. And it makes sense, it's not viewer friendly, but it makes sense for the smartest guy in the world to have more than one thing going on.

>He did plan it.
Having it happen then afterwards saying that he planned it, doesn't mean he planned it.
The movie did piss poor work explaining his plan and you can't really just assume that.

also nice
>too deep 4 u

jar of piss

People said similar things abou Zemo.

Also, were those guys transporting the Kryptonite criminals of some kind? Or just somw Lexcorp security detail working the late shift, and just wanting to make a buck to pay rent and get home to their families? Because Batman straight up slaughtered them.

>He just expected Batman to find another way to kill Superman as part of his plan somehow
I always thought his plan was the reverse, to have Superman kill Batman. That way, it would be the final straw in people being suspicious of Superman, and Lex would then once again be the greatest man in the public's eye, since it would appear as if his hands are clean.

I think they were hired guns, who were most likely war criminals, since they're the type who would kill both a CIA agent and a bunch of insurgents to achieve their objective. I would like to assume Bruce did a background check on them ahead of time.

>hired guns
I don't know they seemed like they had a lot of loyalty

Were any big guys?

It's a win-win for Lex. If Batman kills Superman, Superman dies and Lex wins. If Superman kills Batman, Superman becomes a villain and Lex wins still. Either way Lex achieve what he wishes and destroy Superman one way or the other

Then why not just have Lex look smug that the Kryptonite is gone
That's literally all it takes
Not a single change to the script.
Just Lex looking glad

But we couldn't even have that

Because Lex is an autist

>tfw Lex could have won by giving Superman a microphone and telling Supes "if you say Martha, she dies. You take off the microphone, she dies"

Even autists can look happy when things go their ways.
Or hell just have him nod and look "All according to keikaku"

Just anything

Bruce couldn't be bothered to check up Superman's background, and you think he was looking up Lex's goons?

Lex also could have won if he HID MARTHA IN LITERALLY ANY OTHER PLACE THAN FUCKING GOTHAM

Yeah I know, he didn't "know"
But Jeez just give the standing order of "get her really far away".
Superman has super-senses and shit
Martha was held so close to where the fight was going to be held that Batman could not only find her, but rescue her in the allotted time.
Did Superman even try to look for her?

Well Lex's plan involved him not knowing where Martha was, so he couldn't be interrogated (I guess supes can listen to his heartbeat to check if he's telling the truth). So his goons, who got the choose where to go, were probably like "we're not getting paid to fly across the world, let's just go the next city over." They were only told to hide from Supes.
He was putting a good amount of research into "the White Portuguese" and originally thought it was a person, and met the one mercenary face-to-face, so it just seems kind of natural for him to background check that guy and his group. Plus Bruce didn't have the advantage of knowing Supes was Clark Kent, so it's kind of hard to background check him.

>Well Lex's plan involved him not knowing where Martha was, so he couldn't be interrogated (I guess supes can listen to his heartbeat to check if he's telling the truth).
Well yes, there's not knowing where she is and know she's far away

Literally, Lex would have won if he just said "Take her really far away. Europe, Asia, whatever."

Oh hell. If they just kept her in Kansas, he'd have won
If they were REALLY lazy and just put her in a hotel in Kansas City.
It didn't need to be an abandoned warehouse in Gotham .Which is like where Batman spends 90% of his time anyways

>were those guys transporting the Kryptonite criminals of some kind?
Why would Lex hire guys that are probably on watchlists to transport something he went through the trouble of getting in legally?

More importantly, if he went through the trouble to bring it in legally, why not just use the regular security forces?

>Martha was held so close to where the fight was going to be held that Batman could not only find her, but rescue her in the allotted time.
This makes absolutely no fucking sense when you realize that she was in fucking Kansas when she was kidnapped. Lex had to actually order her moved from Kansas to Gotham. Why?

>He was putting a good amount of research into "the White Portuguese"
Why? how did he know the White Portugese had a way to kill Superman?

Why did Superman let Lex leave in his helicopter? Why didn't he just grab him and take him to Batman?

Because the movie was written as a series of events with a story strung between them.
That's how Synder makes movies
He thinks of really cool things to happen and strings them together without worrying too hard about the hows and whys
"Batman saving Martha" was one of those moments. And it did have a lot of visual pizzazz so much so that it was in the trailers.

>Why did Superman let Lex leave in his helicopter? Why didn't he just grab him and take him to Batman?
Why would Superman do this?
He doesn't know who Bruce Wayne is and that point doesn't he?

Does it matter if he knows who Bruce is?
Just pick him up, fly him over to Batman and let him know that Lex is pitting them against each other.
Why let Lex literally get away?
Superman made himself vulnerable on purpose.

This could have even still happened if Supes was like "Ya nah, I'm not fighting you bro. Not happening. This creep named Lex wants it to happen, so I'm just going to fly up here till you calm your tits"

Could have taken the whole helicopter if Lex even told him not to touch him or anything.

If Lex took off his mask, would Batman die?

They were the smart mercenaries that burnt the village.

Fuck I hate Sup Forums

>Nothing about Lex ever made sense
>how to spot a pleb 101

But if Lex went through the hassle of getting the rock in legally, why would he bother using criminals rather than guards that might not be wanted by federal authorities

Why did Superman WANT to fight Batman again?

Because Batman was beating up white slavers and rapists and letting them go to jail.
That's the entire reason.

its pretty obvious it WAS part of his plan, seeing as how Lex put that information on where the kryptonite was IN the files he intentionally let Bruce steal (he even invited him to the party so he could steal it).

Goddamn you guys are so fucking dumb it hurts.

That's what makes it such a good plan, win or lose, Superman is either not all-powerful (satisfying Lex's need for there to not be a god) or all good (satisfying Lex's need for God to be evil).

Then why the fuck didn't Snyder say "Hey, try to look like things are going as planned" to Eisenberg?

For a character that's supposed to be so smart and have so many plans he got caught on the dumbest shit ever by literally signing his work.

>Why? how did he know the White Portugese had a way to kill Superman?

Because Lex fed him this info intentionally to get him to fight Superman. This was made painfully obvious.
>Why did Superman let Lex leave in his helicopter? Why didn't he just grab him and take him to Batman?

Lex even says if anything happens to him then the guys are going to kill Martha (he literally says if you kill me, but come on its likely anything he does to Lex will cause them to kill Martha)

youtube.com/watch?v=MZnFXqhCWIk
And he TRIES to tell Batman he is pitting them against each other but he doesnt want to listen. If he just kidnapped Lex, who in Bruce's eyes is just a shitty businessman not a super villain, Bruce would have thought Superman was just taking people as he pleased and would have listened to Superman even less.
Remember, Lex was manipulating a hate for Superman that Batman already had.

Supes didn't want to but Lex had a gun to his Mom's head.

Bats was just butthurt.

>and letting them go to jail
Where they would be murdered

Because he is in front of a bunch of cops and is trying to save face. Even in that shot in the OP he is stifling a smile

youtube.com/watch?v=P8a6n105faE

>Lex even says if anything happens to him then the guys are going to kill Martha (he literally says if you kill me, but come on its likely anything he does to Lex will cause them to kill Martha)
How would they know if something happens to Lex when they don't even think Batman showing up means that the jig is up?

>why doesnt the villain reveal his motivations with a bunch of cops and investigators and cameras around

goddamn you are dumb

>a literal autist finds out who Superman AND Batman really are and thinks up a brutally contrived plan that hinges on incredibly unlikely happenings to succeed
>not only does the World's Greatest Detective get completely blindsided by all of it, but he can't even figure out who Superman is when anyone with facial recognition software on their cellphone could do it in like ten minutes

I gotta admit, it took me out of the movie a little.

what

Have you learned nothing? Just call people retarded until the movie becomes good again.

>its pretty obvious it WAS part of his plan
No it wasn't. You can't have a character
>actively try to keep an object away from another character
>keep the knowledge of the object from a character
>lock it up away from a character
>when object is taken by that character, get upset
and then assume it was all part of his plan.
Everything we have to go off of tells us Lex wanted it for himself. He didn't even break it into shipments, and hope Batman would only take one. Batman took it all and he got upset.
This is on the same level of assuming it was Lex's plan to get his head shaved and go to jail after three heroes teamed up to kill his monster.

Dudes, it's basic movie making to characters reveal stuff to the audience that no one else can see.
I'm not saying break the 4th wall, but have him turn his back on them and smirk.
That's it.
Or walk into another room or anything.

This just one of the million little functional details that Synder doesn't put much effort into.

That's how Lois exposes Lex. Lexcorp's unnecessarily proprietary bullets.

>How would they know if something happens to Lex

A million different ways. Lex has to call a guy somewhere every 10 minutes to tell him he is okay, there is a heart sensor on Lex, there are people watching Lex to make sure he is okay, KGBeast has a camera on Lex's body somewhere, etc.
I cant believe you need the smallest and least important of details explained to you.
Also idk why you think they should have killed Martha with Batman there. What would that have accomplished? They kill Martha, and what, he just kills them harder? If anything it was wiser to keep Martha has hostage and bargaining chip. You even see it IN THE SCENE where Batman is hesitates for a moment to kill KGBeast because he has her hostage, and KGBeast thinks for a second he won.

But not by batman.
They were beaten and one died, if I remember right, because other criminals didn't like them.
He may as well gone after the cops that locked them up by that logic.

> Lexcorp's unnecessarily proprietary bullets

Man she is literally the only person to find this detail and it wasnt even enough TO expose Lex. First off they were secret DARPA bullets that took a specialized government ballistics expert AND a military general to verify.

IDK why you think that is what caught him and not the giant monster.

It's almost as if the movie was really poorly written or something.

>It's not awful writing Lex is just too smart to understand
Sherlock?

man you are dumb dude

>keep the knowledge of the object from a character

but he doesnt, Lex invites Bruce to the party so he can steal the data that tells him where the Kryptonite is.
>actively try to keep an object away from another character
But he wasnt, he wanted him to steal the kryptonite, the chase was so that Batman had to work for it (so he wouldnt suspect anything and to make Lex look more innocent) AND so that it would attract Superman's attention and get an initial conflict of ideals brewing.
>when object is taken by that character, get upset
But he isnt upset. See
>He didn't even break it into shipments, and hope Batman would only take one

But thats exactly what happened, Batman took the first shipment. There was more coming.

>Batman took it all and he got upset.
No he didnt.

In reality(where people aren't retards) it would've been one of the first things investigators find. Looking at the source of shell's is one of the easiest ways to figure out who did what. It's why a lot of special forces units use AKM's and Russian surplus ammo during clandestine operations.

How retarded, you wanted him to give a big evil smirk that would make no sense just because you couldnt process context clues?

Lex invited Bruce to the party, and its revealed that he knew he was Batman the entire time and that Clark was Superman the entire time. Why else would he intentionally invite Batman to a party where the information he wants is there? And he also reveals that he has been manipulating Bruce since before the senate bombing.
Its really not hard to understand my dude.

>In reality it would've been one of the first things investigators find.

youtube.com/watch?v=V0fR2xlaIWo

They tried that you stupid retard, the first thing Lois says is "no match." AND she says its part of a military conspiracy to overthrow a government. And the general says its super classified info. Obviously it was covered by the government you fucking dumb ass.

>its so easy to find out where secret darpa prototype bullets come from guys!!!

How are idiots like you allowed to live?

Damn, just looking at that dude and realizing he's Lex Luthor is unsettling. I mean, really, what the fuck were they thinking?

Oh yes, I understood it
But being so slackly lazy about getting your characters motives and secret actions across is bad film making.
Snyder did the bare minimum to suggest what was going on.

But that doesn't make it good.
It would have been better if the evil super villain who masterminded everything had a few scenes where we can see him masterminding everything instead of oscillating between autist upset about the lack of tendies and a flaming homosexual who is still autistic

>why would he bother using criminals rather than guards that might not be wanted by federal authorities

Because it was made super duper clear that they arent wanted by the government. The world and the US government blames Superman for what happened.

>Just make shit up in your head until it's brilliant!
Why stop with the small details then? The World's Finest in my head is better than anything we could've gotten. Much smarter too.

And as I said before. The US govt is better at covering shit up than you think. they wouldn't have used such blatantly obvious rounds if they were trying to be covert.

>I understood it

then why did you need a smile? IF you understood it then everything was communicated fine.

>hurr durr he is a homosexual and autistic!!!

man, so you are a homophobe too? Your intelligence levels keep dropping in my eyes.

>I want Zuckerberg from the Social Network. But instead of having him be cold and ruthlessly calculating, make him the opposite of that

>but he doesnt, Lex invites Bruce to the party so he can steal the data that tells him where the Kryptonite is.
How did Lex know that Bruce would do that? How did he know Bruce was looking for it? Why did Mercy catch him and take him back to the party if he was supposed to get the files?

>he wanted him to steal the kryptonite, the chase was so that Batman had to work for it (so he wouldnt suspect anything and to make Lex look more innocent) AND so that it would attract Superman's attention and get an initial conflict of ideals brewing.
He could have accomplished this goal by having a standard security force and just let Batman knock out the guards and take it like he did at his lab. Except the lab was noted as being more secure and too risky.
Why did he assume Superman would show up and fight Batman?
Why did he assume Superman would let men armed with gattling guns flee from the scene?
Why did he think Superman would have a problem with Batman sending bad guys to jail?

>But he isnt upset.
He doesn't state any where that it was part of his plan or reveal that he was happy all of his sample got taken.
This is story telling after the credits roll. Where you actively have to think of a way for something to explain a previous scene. The scene shows nothing of a smirk or smile. It's the same blank straight lip stare through the entire lab scene. You're making an assumption because the story would make no sense unless it was part of his already convoluted plan.

>There was more coming.
Then why would he activate his Plan B without any kryptonite to keep it in check?
How do you know there was more coming?
Why would he need more AFTER his plans to kill Superman?

If Bruce put a tracking device on the kryptonite and ends up stealing it off camera anyway, why does he bother getting into an epic car chase?

The movie's fucking dumb.

>asks for an autistic explanation for a small detail
>hurr durr why did you make up an explanation!!!!!

I bet if that line came up in a comic you would never have questioned it. You are just grasping for straws. Why does Lex NEED to explain how he is being watched? Why SHOULD he? It would only give Superman another way to possible undo his plan. Maybe he was even bluffing, but the point is Superman couldnt take that risk.

You said it yourself retard. There's a certain level of quality insurgent dirt farmers have when it comes to weapons, and it's generally not of the high end experimental round variety.

It wasnt blatantly obvious though, how do you think that? Lois couldnt even get anyone to listen to her about them.

They (Snyder) was literally thinking "He doesn't give a fuck. That's so badass!"

What investigators? It's the middle of who-gives-a-shit Africa. They knew Superman was there, he has heat vision, the bodies were burned. If you're already worried about what he might do and need an excuse to arrest him, that's case closed.

>They tried that you stupid retard
> the general says its super classified info
You can't have these two things exist. You can't have a government investigation to reveal that there was information they couldn't have access to, but a reporter could.
You also can't have a government conspiracy happen without it having any relevance on the plot. You see Lex trying to work with two Senators, but never once does he try to bribe them or flex any political weight.
Saying that the government was covering up for Lex is a really lazy way of saying that nobody besides Lois cared enough to make it a point in the plot.

That line wouldn't have come up in a comic.
Especially not a good one. And if it did, I would've assumed it was a matter of bad editing just like I assume this is a matter of bad writing and directing.

If I want to consume fanfiction I'll go re-read Inviolate. At least that Lex isn't constantly mincing around. That writers didn't kill Mercy, either.

>The world and the US government blames Superman for what happened.
>The government blames Superman for killing a CIA agent and militia forces with bullets
>this is a serious point of the movie

No no you don't get it.
The government blames Superman for destabilizing a region getting a CIA agent killed before he even showed up, and militia forces with US government exclusive bullets.
That makes perfect sense.

>What investigators? It's the middle of who-gives-a-shit Africa.
The very next scene after Lois is saved by Superman was the US Senate hearing to discuss the actual event.
So yeah, I'm assuming someone in the government cares.

>How did he know Bruce was looking for it?
Because he had been feeding him the information leading up to him finding out about Lex's kryptonite shipment.

>Why did Mercy catch him and take him back to the party if he was supposed to get the files?
So that Bruce wouldnt think it was too easy and suspect anything. Why do you think Mercy knew he would be there?

>He could have accomplished this goal by having a standard security force and just let Batman knock out the guards and take it like he did at his lab.
Obviously he couldnt, because when Batman did break into the lab it didnt attract Superman.
>Why did he assume Superman would show up and fight Batman?
Because thats what Superman does? Are you really asking why Lex thought Superman would stop a masked criminal from stealing? What? Especially one IN Metropolis?
>Why did he assume Superman would let men armed with gattling guns flee from the scene?
Because there is no reason to suspect they are criminals, they are just legally protecting military grade materials. And I guess in the DCUniverse gatling guns are legal for military related transportation.
>Why did he think Superman would have a problem with Batman sending bad guys to jail?
He didnt, he had a problem with Batman stealing from a seemingly innocent business man and killing people in the process.
>He doesn't state any where that it was part of his plan or reveal that he was happy all of his sample got taken.
see
>Then why would he activate his Plan B without any kryptonite to keep it in check?
He probably did have kryptonite to keep it in check, after all we see that he had a kryptonite scalpal with him. But there was never a point where he needed to use it.
>How do you know there was more coming?
Because he was contracted to make many military weapons with it and they found a whole field of it in the ocean.

>Why would he need more AFTER his plans to kill Superman?
Because of his contract to make weapons.

What I'm saying is if these people weren't written fucking stupidly it would've been obvious. War corespondents are taught how to identify shell casings because it can tell you a lot about who and where people are getting weapons from. And the US military knows this enough to not be sloppy like that.

>That line wouldn't have come up in a comic.

Really? You are really going to argue that villains never bluff or say "if anything happens to me X will happen" without giving a super detailed autistic explanation? REALLY?

yes, but they even explicitly mention the government coverup in relation to that.

What the fuck are you even saying? Watch the scene again, the government covered it up. It was Lois' guys in the crimelab that couldnt come up with a match. Lois had to get a high ranking military officer to find the info for her after confirming that they were ghost bullets with no match.
I dont think you even understood what happened.

how do you guys keep missing the government cover up part of this? The government covered up that they were using their bullets because officially they were supporting the government there while secretly arming the rebels. Lex made it look like, to the government, that it was the rebels (not his mercs) that that started the conflict and Superman came in and lasered them to death.

Why would the senators have ANY involvement in a military related cover up? Also why does Lex need to bribe any of them when he can just kill the one that doesnt agree with him?

yes exactly, government investigators part of the government cover up that is explicitly mentioned in the movie.

Holy shit, there were no corespondents there, the government covered the whole thing up. Lois had a bullet because SHE WAS THERE, she was the ONLY reporter there. She probably had the only bullet recovered by non-military personnel.

>Because he had been feeding him the information leading up to him finding out about Lex's kryptonite shipment.
How? Through leaking information to white slavers?
Why would white slavers know about a boat that was trying to bring in a legal shipment of a rock sample? Did the white slavers know it could kill Superman? Did Batman know it could kill Superman?

>So that Bruce wouldnt think it was too easy and suspect anything
He was trying to be sneaky and get in and out. That was his plan. If Mercy didn't catch him, he would have taken the file and walked right out. He wouldn't have suspected a thing.

>Why do you think Mercy knew he would be there?
Because she is an assistant and would be wandering around the entire facility during an event to make sure things are going smoothly.

>Obviously he couldnt
Why? His plan was for Batman to get the rock. If Batman was going after it, he was already planning to kill Superman.
This is all based around the idea that Batman would kill lots of people in the street then Superman would show up and do nothing.

>Because thats what Superman does?
But then Superman just lets him go. Did Lex know he'd do that? Why did Lex assume that? Why did Superman let the other guys flee? Did Lex know he'd do that too?

> Are you really asking why Lex thought Superman would stop a masked criminal from stealing?
So far you're assuming that Lex knows
>Batman wants the Kryptonite to kill Superman
>Batman will get into a violent car chase and attract Superman
>Superman will show up before Batman can get the rock
>Superman will let the truck with the rock leave, despite using military grade weapons on the street
>Superman will then confront Batman and let him go so that he can later get the rock
Is Lex psychic?

>What I'm saying is if these people weren't written fucking stupidly

Which people? Who else even had access to these bullets other than Lois and the government?

>the government covered the whole thing up
No they didn't, this character literally existed just to tell people what had happened there.

>Because there is no reason to suspect they are criminals, they are just legally protecting military grade materials.
Does Superman at any point suspect Batman of attacking private or government vehicles with military equipment and getting into drawn out gunfights on the street?
He knows Batman goes after criminals. Why wouldn't he assume the truck with machine guns was full of criminals?

>he had a problem with Batman stealing from a seemingly innocent business man and killing people in the process
And he just lets Batman go with a warning? He knows Batman killed people and lets him just leave?
He had a problem before because Batman was sending criminals to jail.

>He probably did have kryptonite to keep it in check
An assumption based on nothing. He had enough for a scalpel. He couldn't control Doomsday with a scalpel.

>Because he was contracted to make many military weapons with it
What would the point of that be after Superman was dead?
He didn't state he was expecting another shipment soon

>how do you guys keep missing the government cover up part of this?
Because at no point does the government covering anything up play into the story other than explaining everyone is an idiot for not connecting the magic bullets to Lex.
If super special bullets were found at a random guerilla camp, the obvious question would be who supplied them with the equipment.
Nobody besides a random reporter asked that question.
Lex is later seen having to kill Senators because he can't get the government to let him ship in a random rock sample

This clearly points out that Lex is not working with the government or parts of it.

>How? Through leaking information to white slavers?
No, they just led him to the KGBeast (youtube.com/watch?v=XwiNzV6QMog), who then let Bruce steal the info from his phone that Lex wanted him to have.

>He was trying to be sneaky and get in and out. That was his plan. If Mercy didn't catch him, he would have taken the file and walked right out. He wouldn't have suspected a thing.
Well either way he doesnt suspect a thing, so it all works out. Lex also wanted to make sure Bruce came back to the party to have his chat with Clark. Its like you didnt even watch the movie.

>Because she is an assistant and would be wandering around the entire facility during an event to make sure things are going smoothly.
But she isnt wandering around for most it.
>This is all based around the idea that Batman would kill lots of people in the street then Superman would show up and do nothing.
No, he just wanted Bruce to make a scene. If he didnt and stole it stealthily, that would have worked too. Lex had many plans, as said earlier. But the way it ended up playing out also worked.

>Did Lex know he'd do that?
Probably didnt matter, if Superman put Batman in jail Lex would have found a way to break him out, or would have just moved straight to his Doomsday plan.

>Why did Superman let the other guys flee?
It was explained in the very post you were responding to
>Because there is no reason to suspect they are criminals, they are just legally protecting military grade materials. And I guess in the DCUniverse gatling guns are legal for military related transportation.

Can you not read?

>Is Lex psychic?
Nah, he just had many plans and was willing to adapt depending on what happened. Like a genius super villain should do.

Not really, she was paid to lie to the public and did. She revealed the truth to a single person and was killed for it.