Cereal Lord's Green Lantern

Are the Johns GL omnibuses worth it? I've always loved Green Lantern as a concept, but I'm not a fan of DC Rebirth, the books feel very bland and safe to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

hoodedutilitarian.com/2012/09/speaking-power-to-stupid-the-ever-dumb-green-lantern-comics-of-geoff-johns/
feministcurrent.com/2015/04/26/noah-berlatsky-is-going-to-objectify-women-straight-to-freedom/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You should ask yourself:
>Do I like Hal?
>Do I like Sinestro?
>Was bringing the Guardians back to life a good idea?

If you answered yes to all three you'll like it.

I own the first 2 and i'm saving up for the 3rd
get it if you like having a physical copy of your stuff

It's one of the best superhero runs of all time in my opinion, but I don't see why you'd invest so much money in a standards superhero book if you're tired of "bland and safe".

And really, don't go around buying expensive fucking omnibuses, read stuff online or torrent before taking the plunge.

Buying an omni of a series you've never read is not a very good idea.

Buy the trades or read them digitally first.

>It's one of the best superhero runs of all time in my opinion
lol
hoodedutilitarian.com/2012/09/speaking-power-to-stupid-the-ever-dumb-green-lantern-comics-of-geoff-johns/

I can barely make it through a couple paragraphs before this guy's pretension gets too much.

I'm not reading your dumb blog.

>liking what I don't like makes you a man child

feministcurrent.com/2015/04/26/noah-berlatsky-is-going-to-objectify-women-straight-to-freedom/

Ouch! Sorry Noah, but intentionally overreacting to standard superhero comics doesn't make you an intellectual, it makes you a youtuber like Linkara.

I really tried to read it but it unbearably long and pretensions.

Do these omnis skip any supplemental material that would be included in other collections?

If you found rebirth to be bland, you should stay away from all of Johns' stuff. It's just as bland.

Sinestro Corps War is the high point of the series.

It's alright.

I guess I'm just jaded, but I started reading comics a year ago and the current line-ups just don't do it for me

Really? That's disappointing

I liked it personally, it was the run that got me into DC and since Johns wrote for it pre and post FP it's continuity didn't get fuck by the reboot. #1-#19 is the classic GL stories (villain of the week stuff) while #21-67 are more focus on Corps threats and New52 is quite enjoyable. If you don't know if you'd like it, you could torrent/ read it online. I'll post the first few issues so you get a feel for it I guess.

Thanks OP. You're a pretty based guy.

No problem. Personally I think this run fleshes out his character more, I think the main complaint for the run was that Kyle was shoved aside to the corps book even though he was the legacy character but I really liked the Corps run with him and Guy that and the villains are Corps related/ From the rainbow brigade.

it's literately made for retards

>Remembering Cooke is dead
>Reading this
I am quite sad.
We're not talking about your autobiography user.

I have both omnibuses and I love them if only because they're big enough for me to bludgeon a person to death with.

Just gonna post till the page of Abin Sur, got errands to run.

That's it for now.. If you're still unsure whether to buy it or not, go read some online, there's a ton of websites with the full run or you could go to desu archives, I posted the whole thing before. Alright Sup Forums hope you guys have a good day and good bye.

Thanks user!

Thanks user, that was really good actually. I think I'll read a bit more, but if it is like this I'll pick it up. Thanks a ton!

how did this filth get published

Heh.

You can always read Alan Moore's shorts from DC universe: stories of Alan Moore and Dematteis will world.