ITT: Post your favorite villains

What's a story without a good antagonist? Lets have a thread dedicated to the most sadistic, most eloquent, most intimidating, most terrifying, or just the most villainous characters in comics or cartoons. Those that make you instantly excited every time they appear and you just love to hate.

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/WWx9D
youtube.com/watch?v=U854KBOGRFg
youtube.com/watch?v=QqxqaFT9xcM
youtube.com/watch?v=A9t7G_lHeiY
youtube.com/watch?v=WuVxCwNdWhg
youtube.com/watch?v=dOTjiKRzk8k
youtu.be/tfiOOwJTgg8
youtube.com/watch?v=3OL3N4oqY7U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There aren't many villains as good as the one you posted, unfortunately. Megabyte from Reboot and Megatron from Beast Wars are the only ones that come to mind off the top of my head.

Lord Hater, number 1 superstar

Doesnt have to necessarily be a cartoon villain. I'm not well versed in comics, but there's gotta be some interesting ones out there no?

Here's another one of my favorites. I always liked Him because unlike most of the villains out there, he feels like one of the few that actually got shit done. Like I dont remember many times his plan was ruined at the last second by the ppg's. I mean that episode where they're sent into the future samurai jack style is still one of the most memorable.

I love Per Degaton. What do you do when the JSA ruins your plans? Just go through time and watch them get wrecked by life. Showed up after the Spectre exploded Atom Smasher's heart just to taunt him as he died. Even watched Stargirl cry over and over again just to enjoy her tears. He ranks up there with the most petty of villains.

Holy fuck thats actually so cruel. Nothing hits as hard as life does.

he made an old man kill innocent people

Who's this?

It can never be overstated how much of an entertaining villain Zurg was. The perfect blend of comedic and genuinely threatening.

Despite being nothing more than an ambitious lackey to fill the void of his absent master, he was incredibly effective at being hateable and intriguing at the same time

My favorite villains in any medium are Benjamin Linus from Lost and Scorpius from Farscape.

Him is fantastic. I prefer Mojo Jojo, but Him was definitely more threatening.

Is he a robot or an alien in a suit? Is he literally Buzz's father? Is that biologically possible?

Is he responsible for the miscarriage or?

The gas that turned people into blob-things affected him, so he's not a robot.

As for the father thing, in that same episode he pulls the "I am your father" bit while he's fighting Buzz just to throw him off guard and gain the upper hand.

>Get with the fucking program.

That always stuck with me. It was such a great "you have no clue how insignificant you are" moment.

Always liked this guy. He was classy as fuck and you always felt like even when the heroes won, so did he.

And the big reveal was the best twist of that nature I've ever seen.

I remember after that episode premiered, I was so stunned I just wandered around the house yelling "A FUCKING YETI!" for like half an hour.

That was beyond brilliant.

Archie Eggman is best Eggman

Same here. What a criminally underrated show.

He always made them think they had won, there were few actual times he "lost". He was a fucking awesome villian.

>His plan is to use a fire criptid to destroy a town at the bottom of the volcano.
>It was actually all a giant distraction to just get it's feathers for another plan.

Too bad the ben ten crossover just made him a generic beatstick.

I like to imagine the crossover was just a fanservice thing and that the show ended with His death.

webmshare.com/WWx9D

It was acquiring its skin so he could dive into the volcano for another piece of the kur stone.

The most amazing part is the fact that they got electricity in a cave in the Himalayas.

This motherfucker actually gave me nightmares.

Oh yea, it was the skin.

Definitely, combining completely opposite universal energies into himself should be pretty fatal.

Something about a villain you never truly see makes them that much more special.

Pretty much not only is he the evil opposite of Flash but he is the evil oppposite of Snapper Carr, as when he snaps his fingers he kills babies.

One of my favorite theories is that the only reason we see him for that one glimpse is because we can only see him in the light of the lantern.

I love when he had to race Bizzaro and he spent the whole thing pissed off and telling Bizzaro how disguised with him he was.

When was this, during Simone's Action run?

The Beast from Over the Garden Wall.

Seems interesting. Should I watch it? How long is it?

Isn't this literally The Light's whole thing?

That makes sense, given the previous scenes where he seemed to be in more light, but was still a silhouette.

Here you go.

Excellent VA, great character and personality, a genuinely fantastic set of motivations and backstory. I'm a sucker for sympathetic villains, and ol' Noxmillien took the cake.

110 min max

It's a mini series of 11 minute episodes. There's 10 total. It's a good way to spend a couple of hours.

Sweet, I'll check it out tomorrow given its 3 am currently and I should be sleeping.

Holy shit eggman actually killed somebody?

Awful movie, honestly a pretty flat character, but I fucking love villains with god complexes. Especially if they back it up.

Comics Eggman can be pretty brutal

He's adorable honestly

Not in this particular instance. Shadow saved him.

That said, a quick death is pretty merciful of him.

Came to post this. 10/10 villain

Holy fuck.

Welp, I've completely forgotten about this.

Is there any villain with a mask or silhouette that never gets revealed?

Dr Claw?

I know most people just see Dr.Robotnik as a YTP meme but he really is one of the most entertaining villains in cartoon history. I can't think of many other villains I enjoy watching as much as him (and I don't even like Sonic).
His voice, the way he's animated, his interactions with the other characters, the episodes that were pretty much just about him, his range. He's a perfect example of how to write a comedic and ineffectual kid's villain in a way that's still entertaining without losing it's charm.

youtube.com/watch?v=U854KBOGRFg
youtube.com/watch?v=QqxqaFT9xcM

Dr. Claw was the shit, but I swear there was an episode where he was revealed no?

>EVERYTHING THEY'VE BUILT, WILL FALL

robotnik rules

A FUCKING YETI!

post the page after this where Sonic just goes full rage mode on him

>Is there any villain with a mask or silhouette that never gets revealed?
I'm torn between making one of my characters a man in a skeleton costume who is never unmasked, or just an actual skeleton. I definitely think costumed humans are underwhelming unless the setting they're in allows for nothing more interesting to plausibly be active. I do like the mystique of a mask, though.

I always knew they'd never be able to really do him justice, but whenever they actually allowed Bill to shine, god damn was he great.

He really is an underrated character.

Dr. Claw was revealed by an action figure (and in a GBA video game that used the same design). I know you're going to look because you can't help it, but it's really bad/boring and you'd be better off with the enigma.

Emperor Zurg is never seen without his helmet, as noted earlier.

>a man in a skeleton costume who is never unmasked

Lord Death Man does that.

>swear there was an episode where he was revealed no?
Nope, only a toy that is 100% cannon.

He's a favorite, I'd love to see him as a recurring rogue in the next cartoon or whatever Batsy gets. I want mine to have a rotund body type so that does suggest costume, but humans are so dull, you know?

I always pictured Dr. Claw as basically looking like Destro from G.I. Joe.

youtube.com/watch?v=A9t7G_lHeiY

Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss.

I especially enjoyed the special. A friend had introduced me to the same artist on boarding school, we watched Kaiba and shit. Interesting villians there too.

youtube.com/watch?v=WuVxCwNdWhg

The best thing the X-Men 90s cartoon ever did was make Apocalypse have a god complex and fucking back it up. I still get chills at some of the quotes they gave him in the cartoon.

Though live action, of all adaptations that have come and gone. This one still gets to me. Langella owned Skeletor like nobody's business. From the moment he enters the movie to his final scene. Every second Langella as Skeletor is onscreen you cannot help by fixated by his presence, and Meg Foster met that performance beat for beat with her's as Evil-Lyn. .

youtube.com/watch?v=dOTjiKRzk8k

You forgot about everything... you forgot about me?!

youtu.be/tfiOOwJTgg8

WHEN I WAS A LAD

I don't think I can choose a favorite. But I think it's criminal that no one has posted Dr. Doom yet.

Doom is the easy choice. The most well known. I think everyone has gone for the criminally underrated.

I think this guy is pretty cool. The sudden change in his demeanor during the reveal was just perfect.

>You don't really think you'll win, do you ?

I prefer Evolution Apocalypse. He actually felt like a godlike being.
>Since when has mankind ever known what it needs?
This is good too.

>tfw he and his entire family are aliens

Kronk and Yzma.

There was Slade. Though I don't know if you'd count him outside the cartoon

There was something really fascinating about how genuinely sympathetic he was as a character despite being a disgusting monster with so few redeeming qualities. I don't think anyone but Devito could've pulled that off in the same way, even if they were able to find another turbo-manlet actor who'd at least look the part.

>Literally lobotomized children.

That's pretty dark.

>villain
Fuck off richards

F A L L

Literally any Alien or Predator comic

If you ask me what I think Tim Burton's greatest feat was, it was finding a way to completely reinvent Penguin and make us feel at least a little bit sorry for a disgusting and monstrous child-murderer. Somehow, despite the character being a reinvention from the comics, he completely nailed down the essence of what Penguin is and should be if taken more seriously.

>I don't think anyone but Devito could've pulled that off in the same way
If you look at the behind the scenes for the movie you realize just how much DeVito was in synch with the character. It wasn't even just the look.
He was Burton's first, and only, choice and he actually was a fan of the comics and tv show prior to doing it.
He got so invested in the role he stayed in character between shoots, to the point he refused a stand in for the scene where he gets pelted by the mob, and when they showed him the one-sie he'd wear for the finale (which was a really uncomfortable 100 pound silicon suit), he loved it because he explicitly wanted to feel as terrible as possible when giving the performance.

It's this kind of dedication that makes the performance that much special.
They would never find someone else capable of pulling it, and they never will.

the best.

GUYS throw out villainous team line ups you would like to see!

> The Mandarin
> Zarda / Warrior Woman (sinister)
> Mummy Thor
> Omega Red

This one I am still working on...

> Faora (new 52)
> Superwoman (new 52 - crime syndicate)
> Reign the World Killer

For live action characters & live action adaptions of characters...

> Faora (dceu)
> Ares - God of War (wrath of the titans)
> Count Dooku
> General Chang
They would operate out of Chang's BOP.

I'd like to see Reverse Flash, Black Manta and Green Goblin team-up

I really liked Gone as a villain but I'm so sick of the whole "I wanna punish all women for the actions of one or two" thing. Julie called him out on it pretty well.

His defeat was slightly underwhelming but it was a great buildup

Scroop was pretty vicious

youtube.com/watch?v=3OL3N4oqY7U

>villain
He literally, factually, objectively did nothing wrong.