/swco/ - Star Wars Comics and Cartoons

For the Seperatist Alliance Edition
>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Darth Vader #1 - The Chosen One - Part I (June 7)
Rogue One #3 - (June 7)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uG13uaaVihc
youtube.com/watch?v=8n7EkYB1q9c
youtube.com/watch?v=pUbXyd-fK8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=yrIEW7woFFo
ea.com/play2016/news/the-future-of-ea-and-star-wars-games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why was Rebels cancelled?

Remember when TJ's vengeance was going to come at us in the OP of a thread?

what a faggot

Because there's going to be a new show.

It wasn't cancelled, it's just ending. There's a difference.

Not to tell you how to do your job, OP, but next one needs to have the new gamplay trailer for Battlefront.

>EABFII is using the Squeakle Droid voice

As opposed toooooo...

Take that complaint back to Sup Forums where it's been posted all day long.

The superior TPM one. Which now sounds like the tactical droid.

Go cry to someone who cares.

STREAM NOW!

Get in here for Adam West Bamham, Space Runway Ideon, Cowboy Beepboop, Ghost in the GitS, Indian Johns and the Raiders of the Lost Arkandir, and finally some spooks: Devil!

NO JANGO?
NO BUY, YO!

youtube.com/watch?v=uG13uaaVihc
youtube.com/watch?v=8n7EkYB1q9c
youtube.com/watch?v=pUbXyd-fK8Q

SOUNDS THE SAME TBQH

Disney's push for post-RotJ/pre-TFA content probably.

No, it really doesn't, you flaming retard.

A literal recolor skin for Jango could easily be done. They didn't even show Luke, Palpatine, Leia, Lando or Obi-wan, who are all more likely to be in the game than Jango. They also saved showing Finn and Phasma, as well as Kylo for another time. Not to mention Jyn and Krennic who could easily be imported from EABF1. They didn't blow their whole load on announcing heroes yet.

Are you deaf or something?

NO SAW? HELL NAW!

Bullshit. It was cancelled liar.

>Bullshit. It was cancelled liar.
It wasn't cancelled. It's just ending. Coming to a natural conclusion.

If it was cancelled, they would have told us just like they told us TCW was cancelled.

NO JAR JAR HERO?
THIS GAME GETS A ZERO

If it was cancelled they wouldn't have given Filoni the chance to end the story in a shortened season, which is what we're getting with season 4. They're ending it so he and all the animation resources can move to the next show that Disney obviously wants more than Rebels.

If it was cancelled, it would have been ended abruptly in the middle of the story, like TCW.

It's specifically being advertised as the final season, wrapping up its own story. It's ending.

NO PLAYABLE HUX?
I'M KEEPING MY BUX!

DROIDEKA DOESN'T GET A CLASS?
THIS GAME GETS A PASS!

Pre-maturely ending = cancelled. Fuck off Disney shills.

Terrible ratings, even on XD.

Tbh I only feel like it's 'ending' because of Feoni being terrified of getting into a TCW situation again where the plug is pulled abruptly and he has to drown in a million "So what happened to..." comments.

I dunno, it just feels like all these plot threads are suddenly slamming together at breakneck speed in the last two seasons? Not in a rushed way, but less natural than I think they should've been. The fact Zeb's had fuck all personal story than being a plot device to make Kallus turn traitor doesn't help I think.

I dunno I feel like five season would've been perfect for Rebels.

NOT GONNA HAVE DOOKU?
EA'S GONE KEKOO!

NO HONDO TO PLAY?
AIN'T GONNA PAY!

What EU writers should come back and contribute to new canon?

>Zeb
I forgot he existed this season.

Kevin J. Anderson

NO OLD BEN???
BUT THAT FAG BOY KYLO REN??

Shut the fuck up already

NO SALACIOUS CRUMB?
THIS GAME IS DUMB

NO PABLO-JILL?
THIS GAME MAKES ME ILL!

NO MAP OF GEONOSIS?
YOU'RE TAKING THE PISS!

NO FLYABLE BUICK?
DROPPED THIS GAME QUICK!

NO BOSS NASS?
THIS GAME'S GONNA BE ASS!

NO DASH RENDAR?
I'LL BE GOING ON A BENDER!

Freddy Prince, jr. was saying they had probably seven seasons of story to tell. Did they change their mind, or was he just wrong?

Or both?

>Tbh I only feel like it's 'ending' because of Feoni being terrified of getting into a TCW situation again where the plug is pulled abruptly and he has to drown in a million "So what happened to..." comments.
Nah, he's just making way for a new show

>I dunno, it just feels like all these plot threads are suddenly slamming together at breakneck speed in the last two seasons?

Not really, it just feels like things are naturally escalating now that the Rebellion is getting larger

>Not in a rushed way, but less natural than I think they should've been. The fact Zeb's had fuck all personal story than being a plot device to make Kallus turn traitor doesn't help I think.
Eh he's had minor stories every so often

>I dunno I feel like five season would've been perfect for Rebels.
maybe, but 4 will work jsut fine

I have great news everyone, they just confirmed all of the stuff you mentioned IS gonna be in the game!

NO JAXXON?
THIS, I'M GONNA PASS ON!

He said Disney gave them as much as they needed. Dave alone decided to finish it and start other things.

I read this in Farnsworths voice

>Good news, everyone!

They had stories that COULD fill 5-7 seasons(at least, back in 2015 when he did that video with Collider. Plans can easily change.

NO ORSON KRENNIC?
Good.__________________________

FPJ wasn't part of the crew making the show, or the corporates deciding to give the show money. He is just a fan and a voice actor that could have been picked over for someone else easily.

source?

Probably a bit of both. One of the theories around here is that Filoni does have material for more than just four seasons, but due to the way the show's dynamic is changing (not to mention coming up really close to ANH and the question of Ezra and Kanan's involvement now likely being a pressing issue) he might be deciding to end Rebels and do a sequel series with a different focus. So he'd still be using those ideas he had for seasons 5/6/7/etc but for a different show.

NO WILHUFF TARKIN?

THROWING IT IN THE TRASH BIN!

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. To him Rebels is about this particular family of characters and it's looking more and more like the family's not going to stay together in a way that would let them all stay in focus, so it would make sense for him to decide he wants to rebrand or reconfigure it into a new show.

>Achievement Unlocked: Not Yours

NO AURRA SING? NO CHA-CHING!

kek

SO
Have your preordered BF2 yet?
I'm really considering it

Of any voice actor on that show, I really hope FPJ returns on another SW project. He seems like such a huge fan.

>Preordering a game

>That you know will be fucked up until at least two weeks post launch.

Nope. I'm cautiously optimistic but there's a lot that can still go wrong.

I'm thinking I'll wait until last minute to preorder
like a week before

Fuck no. It turned into prequel pandering.

y
"The birth of a meme"

Dark side dentistry?

Nope, going to wait until the review embargo drops to make that decision.
How so?

>cosmetic/tactical Customization on classes, ships, weapons and heroes.
>All eras with obvious LSG guidance
>All dlc free
>3 different development studios
>Canon story to help the fledgling ST

EA needs a huge hit in oder to have Disney let them rent the license again.

Literally too big to fail.

No "prequel pandering"

>Canon story to help the fledgling ST
I'm not a gamer, so I don't pay as much attention to these announcements. Does this one actually have a campaign/story mode/whatever? I remember a lot of complaints when the last one didn't.

Yeah, there's an actually story this time, centered on an Imperial agent in the post-Endor time and into the ST era. The OP has the trailer from a while ago that focused on it.

It DID?

Preordering right now, thanks for letting me know user

>yfw KOTOR by modern Bioware

Yeah, I remembered that, I was just thinking it might be a concept only thing. That's cool. Reckon it'll be covered in its entirety in the Inferno Squad novel for those of us who aren't going to play the game?

No that's a Prequel. Disney needs Literally all your money.

No, user. Inferno Squad book is between ANH's end credits and the attack on Hoth. It's there to set up the video game, since it's literally a tie-in novel for said game. You have to play the game or watch Youtube videos of the campaign, or hope someone here recaps it accurately to get the story out of it.

Because they're B1's you idiot.

OOMs weren't used very much during the Clone Wars.

That reminds me, I love how Bossk is so kid-friendly in the new canon. Always seemed a bit of a sourpuss in the EU.

But so far we've got him taking young Boba under his wing, children's book hijinks with Ezra, and this week we've got the release of Bounty Hunt, a lift-the-flap book about Bossk tracking down a droid for the Empire.

>Phasma, Poe and Finn have a better chance of being characters than any prequel hero

lel fuck you faggots

Shit.

Finn and Phasma are already confirmed. Get with the times meme-poster.

>have the license to motherfucking star wars
>only makes battlefront and mobileshit
When can I expect some Star Wars vidya that isn't a shooter, mobileshit, or LEGO?

Pitch a game to me.

Now witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL multimedia canon cannon, user.

>When can I expect some Star Wars vidya that isn't a shooter, mobileshit, or LEGO?

when there are games that aren't shooters, mobileshit or LEGO that sell well :^)

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for y'all who get to enjoy this. It's just inconvenient for someone like me who's so inexperienced with video games that, even if I sprung for the game, I doubt I'd be able to clear the first few levels.

Will definitely be keeping an eye out for the YouTube Let's Plays and such.

There's literally already 2 other games in development, one coming out next year

Stop being so salty, games make time to make, and this year is Battlefront 2

>no proofs

How do you know this?

Literally go watch last years "Future of Star Wars at EA" video you mong

>It's just inconvenient for someone like me who's so inexperienced with video games that, even if I sprung for the game, I doubt I'd be able to clear the first few levels.
Seriously? Not even if you crank it down to the easiest difficulty? It's a Star Wars game, they have to make sure children can beat it, so I am sure the lowest difficulty setting wouldn't be too hard to overcome.

If not, just watch a playthrough on Youtube I guess

>I don't watch Celebration or E3 ever

>EA games
>games

no thanks disney shill

Fucking newfags

youtube.com/watch?v=yrIEW7woFFo

ea.com/play2016/news/the-future-of-ea-and-star-wars-games

I made it to the Taris underworld by the skin of my teeth, and couldn't even START to get past the rakghuls.

>shilling for EA games this fucking hard

>get BTFO
>"sh-shill"

>ask for proof
>gets proof
>cries more