HBO’s First Game of Thrones Spinoff Won’t Air Until At Least 2020

cbr.com/hbos-game-of-thrones-spinoffs-2020/
Jan 12, 2018

HBO’s First Game of Thrones Spinoff Won’t Air Until At Least 2020

The wait for the first of five Game of Thrones spin-offs is going to be a long one. HBO doesn’t plan on airing any new GoT-related content until at least a year after the series finale.

“There are five of them,” HBO Programming president Casey Bloys told The Hollywood Reporter. “If we do a pilot and series, nothing is going to air on HBO until at least a year after the final season. We’re not doing a final season and then, ‘Following it at 11 p.m. … .’ I’ve seen some exciting material. We have really great writers working on these; it’s very exciting. But there’s no timetable. Not everybody is on the same schedule, so I’ve seen different versions of different things that are potentially exciting. But there’s no timetable about when a decision would be made about any of them.”

As the final season of Game of Thrones isn’t set to air until 2019, the spin-offs will presumably arrive in 2020 or later. Although Bloys didn’t discuss what any of the spin-offs would focus on, writer George R.R. Martin has confirmed that all of the concepts under discussion are prequels, with some not even being set in Westeros.

I just hope the trollocs don't look too fake

Why the fuck were they in such a hurt to end the current game of thrones ?
>books aren’t even done yet
>tv show still has a tone of content it needs to cover
>there will only be six more episodes
What the fuck were they thinking

I hope it doesn't air at all.

GoT was at least half-good for 1 season, this'll be awful straight off thebat.

George has probably pissed HBO off in some way. The question is once GOT ends will the bandwagoners who hopped on once it got super popular after The Red Wedding viral videos stay? I'm kind of glad the fanbase will probably get culled since you know for a fact these people won't be sticking long in the fanbase when TWOW and ADOS eventually come out.

>>George has probably pissed HBO off in some way
More like D&D stopped giving a shit and HBO doesn't care what the fuck they do as long as ratings kept rising, which they did.

kek

Has there even been anymore info on Wheel of Time?

>What the fuck were they thinking

HBO managed to burn thru five 1,000+ page novels while only doing 10 eps per season...

See the problem was catering to the Youtube crowds for cheap shock reactions after The Red Wedding rather than making a nice and sublime story like the first season was. We could've probably gotten spinoffs in between seasons while waiting for George to finish the books but it seems like HBO really did want this over and done with so they can move onto the next thing.

>2019
Why is it taking 2 years to make 6 episodes?

>the problem

they will be 90 minute high budget episodes

It takes a long time to craft such an excellent tv show.

(don't forget to keep paying your cable tv bill)

I got so tired of GoT, after YAAAAAAAS queen season 7, that I stopped reading ADwD half way through

Season 3 was p good man

but the books aren't like yhe show though. He's not on your face about the strong female characters. They are just characters.

I guess it's getting expensive or something. Fuck if I know. It's stupid to just rush to the end otherwise considering how popular it was last season.

I honestly don't mean this in the glib or perfunctory manner that so many on this board abuse, you seem like a stable person but PLEASE consider suicide in the near future

Speaking of other fantasy books, how would a malazan series be?

Malazan is SO FUCKING AMAZING. I'm not sure why there isn't an adaption when it was originally a screenplay? And why are there threads here about total shit like Drizzt and Wheel of Time when Malazan exists? When? When will fantasy fans be given the ultimate series depicted on film? Why has it not happened?

>2020
itll flop, they need to launch it as soon as got ends. wew

the kind and compassionate left, ladies and gentleman :)

>There are five of them
Considering how far GoT went downhill after they veered off the foundations laid by the books this doesn't bode well. Robert's Rebellion would probably be the best and everyone already knows what happens and how it ends. It's be a one series thing at max.

the top 5 actors (Dinklage, Kit, Nikolaj, Lena and the fatass iirc) are demanding something ridiculous like 2 million pounds per episode which HBO isn't really in a position to refuse since they can't exact recast them
so they just make less episodes
the worst bit is only half of them can act

First for Blackfyre fucking shits are literal faggots

>how would a malazan series be?

disappointing beyond comprehension

id take buddy adventures with bauchelain and korbal broach though

Each of the main cast gets around a million an episode now. It's expensive hence why they're doing 6 90 minute episodes to finish off the series.

It is expensive as fuck now that all the actors basically demand millions per episode, and they are passed to book to the point where they are out of ideas

season 1 was kino, fuck off

They killed off all of the good characters, why not just replace the actors as they've been doing already anyway?

There is still hope.