Now that the dust has settled, what did you REALLY think of wonder woman?

Now that the dust has settled, what did you REALLY think of wonder woman?

It was an incredible movie.
It was well acted, well done, the action was good, and the story was great.
I absolutely enjoyed Gal Gadot as WW. Trevor was also great. It's the best the DCEU has to offer and I can't wait to get it on Blu Ray. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the ares cg.

Just didn't feel compelled to watch this movie. Like not even worth a download off the internet.

I watched Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad, but for some reason I just don't even care about this

Well I watched it 4 times already and it's just varying degrees of still like it. Might as well be the Casablanca of the DCEU.

There are people in Sup Forums right now that obsess over /ourgal/'s chest instead of her legs of steel.

8/10 capeshit movie

Editing had some weekspots, including the fight with the kraut general and the fight Ares made it hard to follow the fight at times

'twas alright. Leaps and bounds better than the other DCEU movies though.

Fuck.... why did the perfect husbando have to die. I literally felt emotionally attached to him, does Zach Snyder love the batdick so much that Steve Trevor had to die?

It wasn't shit.

Dare I say it was actually decent/good?

That's high praise for DC movies post Dark Knight trilogy.

He didn't die, he was frozen in a block of...oh wait, wrong blond war hero

Best DCEU movie.

6.5, it fell apart completely in the last act and Gadot still can't act to save her life, but the writing was good for much of the film and managed to carry it. It gets props for understanding WW and running with it, even if it stumbles somewhere around the midpoint and eventually enters a terminal decline.

I thought that the beginning dragged a little but once Steve Trevor crashed on to the island and the movie got really going it was vary enjoyable.

I'm kind of annoyed that they killed off all the Greek Gods, cause that closes off a good chunk of Wonder Woman's story from the movies but they might just ret-con that later so we'll see.

9/10, hope there's a sequel

I thought it was great with a weak final battle. Chris Pine carried the film, complemented Gal incredibly well and if he won a best supporting actor Oscar I would say it was well deserved.

The only part about the mythos I'm annoyed about is how Zeus is portrayed as some wise benefactor of humanity instead of dicking everything that moves.

I do too user it was pretty great.

It feels like Steve Trevor was such a huge main character in the film that it would be hard to make a sequel without him.

Stever Trevor can come back if the villain in the next film is Hades. It would be interesting and funny to see Steve be the fish out of water in modern times with Diana explaining things to him There's honestly not enough of that in the Captain America films

6.5/10

It was decent, but I think people were so desperate for a good DCEU movie that they blew this one out of proportion

>9/10

It wasn't a bad movie or anything but dear god you have low standards.

9/10 is the kind of score I'd give The Conversation or Pulp Fiction or some shit like that.

pleasant surprise.

funny WB didn't even want to make it, instead they wanted their own superhero teamup movie ASAP.

It's yet another modern superhero movie.
The praise is basically "WOW, YOU DIDN'T COMPLETELY FUCK IT UP", but in the end, it's another formulaic piece of factory-made capeshit.

This is Sup Forums. I've noticed that their film criticism skills are lacking.

empty boobplate/10 for costume design
whoremodel blowjob/10 for casting
7/10 for directing
2/10 for story

Well I wonder what the one difference is between this movie and those.

Good film, very weak final battle, lots of distractingly bad CG. Gadot was mediocre-to-annoyingly-incomprehensible with her funny accent, Pine killed it, Etta Candy was an absolute treasure.

This one's decent, kek.

I'll just start with it, Wonder Woman was aggressively mediocre.

I sincerely don't get where these praises of great acting come from because there were basically just two actors in the movie and only one of them was any good. Wonder Woman was largely Chris Pine's movie. Think of all the times Gadot made you laugh. Maybe once or twice during her clothing scene and I honestly can't think of another scene. Pine's comedic timing was important for all the penis jokes, the boat scene, and basically every other joke in the movie. Gadot busting into the planning room between all the generals and her monologue to Ares were some of the most stale acting I've seen in ANY capeshit. Meanwhile Pine's small smirk as he ignites the plane, his charismatic dialogue between the rest of the crew, and just a ton of other scenes was pretty good. Now that I mention the crew, basically none of them mattered. I literally have to google their names just to remember them except Sammie cause they at least called out his name a couple of times and he had a real role. Charlie's little bout of PTSD was fucking pathetic. Chief was basically there to just get them from point A to point B.

The movie doesn't even really make sense. And I know someone is going to say I wasn't paying attention but I can assure you I was and the plot is highly inconsistent. Ares was on the British side for wanting to strike up a treaty right? For WW2? Then why did he give Doctor Poison the formula for her gas? A contingency plan? Why not just not give her the formula for her gas and guarantee that the treaty will ignite the course for WW2 (considering we have been shown that Ares can influence the minds of others)? Why was the German general such a dick to his countrymen if he wasn't really Ares? Why didn't Wonder Woman just chop off the plane's wings with her godlike strength?

(1/2)

Why did Wonder Woman get injured by a bullet early in the movie but end up being able to tank a building falling on her and Ares tossing her across the airstrip? And don't give me that she fully developed her god powers over the course of a half a week when she was told she was a Godkiller weapon literally minutes before the concluding scenes. Why did Ares tell the only person who could kill him in the world that she was the only person who could kill him in the world? Why did Ares engage Wonder Woman or attempt to convince her to join him when she was already participating in the wars he created? Why did her mother not tell her she was the Godkiller weapon when she was already determined to leave the island? Why were the other Amazonians mad at her when she unleashed her bracelet blast and how come Diana never questioned why she could do that? Why does Ares have a British looking face even in the flashback when he was among the other Greek gods? Also where the fuck was Wonder Woman in WW2 if Steve inspired her to stay among men?

Even ignoring all of these questions, the story and structure is just so goddamn cookie cutter. Diana has a flashback to something Steve whispers in her ear literally seconds before the final conflict to reintegrate it.This scene would have worked perfectly fine without that flashback because her mom talks about humanity not deserving her in the first act.

Despite all these flaws, it's not a terrible movie. The cinematography was pretty standard with no glaring issues. The action was actually quite good, especially her close encounters with soldiers which I thought was going to look really bad. The CGI for her more 'heroic' feats was pretty bad to average but horrendous by any means. Patty Jenkins was pretty spot on with Wonder Woman's attitude so that's a win for the DCEU compared to Batman and Superman. And overall it's at the very least not a boring movie.

So like... a 5.5 or 6/10

(2/2)

I loved Act 2. Diana's interactions with everyone and the representation of WWI was great.

I hated that they made her the "godkiller" and possibly a biological daughter of Zeus. I didn't like that they shoehorned in a new origin and got rid of the contest to see who would take Steve Trevor back.

Honestly if you just removed Ares from the whole thing it would have been so much better. Especially the scene with Diana and Steve on the watchtower, the final "battle" just takes away from the strength of that scene.

All in all, the middle of the film was better than the first Captain America movie, but the beginning and the end still stunk of the DC movies not really getting their characters.

Final fight cgi needed some work but that no man's land scene was GOAT.

dragged to the movie as i couldn't be fucked watching it as wanted wonder woman with bigger boobs and thought she would be a shit actor.

went out of the movie super impressed. first super hero movie i really enjoyed desu.

besides some minor flat spots in the film it was excellent.

what can i say i was surprised how good it was.

It was pretty good. But Ares was so completely forgettable he could have easily not been in the movie.

>le every superhero movie should be unique like le Dark Knight or Logan meme

I prefer my superhero films be about superheroes rather than deconstruction experiments made to appeal to college film majors.

For all the hype about a female director this sure is anonymous. The first film of the DCEU in that it is the first to put template before art, and establish a house style from here on out. Justice League will probably be the last good one of these.

There are but a couple touches of creativity. The first is a camera that holds on loosened, almost improvising actors in comic bits to contrast with the blaring, artless seriousness that's come to define modern blockbuster filmmaking. Thank god for this approach to be honest because every bit of humor that takes place between cuts is wretched. The second is what must be what's putting this over for everybody, pillow shots of civilians enacting traditional gender roles. The Titular Wonder Woman is set to subvert this, though with this dynamic it plays more like man's world is out to subvert her. Chris Pine's Steve Treve is, unfortunately, the most centered and fucking loudest example of this modus operandi, never shutting his chivalrous ass up because I guess for most people it's fun to watch some guy be annoyingly wrong for 2 hours because it makes them feel smart. This is exactly how prestige civil rights pictures work, right down to the period setting. It just, for the most part, replaces fetishistic virtue signaling parading itself as empathy in the face of cruelty for our oppressed person proving them wrong herself with proficiency in violence. This would seem a substantial improvement to many, to pull the success inside of a story and handing to the subject rather than leaving it dangling in the gulf of history between dead, suffering subject and modern, enlightened viewer.

Positive representation, however, has merely replaced pity as the en vogue progressive media Correct Way and thus must be the new taste to pander to. The defeat or at least challenge of these critiqued modes is brought into the narrative for reasons of self insert relatability to an unselfcritical audience, who also are treated to an all encompassing humanism that's honestly not malformed on a conceptual level but my lord is it in execution. Also enough with the fucking humanism already, I think humans could stand a good kick in the ass from the media they expect to pacify them for once.

Diana's arc is primarily about her own ideology, though as a perfect yass queen she looks not at her own slaughter of german infantry but at a symbolic root of all evil who manifests from a nice guy, which I'll admit is a decent complexity, though internally it makes absolutely no sense. So, both her physical proficiency in this slaughter and her ideological denial of that goal prior are treated as Epic Feminist Wins. This isn't a contradiction of points in an in-the-moment emotional arc like my darling Fifty Shades, but it is treated as such for the immediate gratification of the audience, upon which there is no reflection. The only abstracts this can resolve in are metacritical ones the film has no interest in. It is far too airless for such ambivalence.

I thought it was overall competent, but with some weak spots. Mostly these weak spots exist where it sets up a theme that it doesn't quite have the chops to carry to completion, or where it fails to dovetail into the rest of the DC films in a way that feels right.

I shouldn't have seen WW end the movie running off to do vigilante things. If WW has been doing superheroics for the last 100 years, why is everyone eating their shit over superman?

Indeed, as a viewer, walking out of the theater my first thought was "After having seen this movie, why should I give ANY FUCKS AT ALL about synderverse superman as a character?" WW is arguably as strong, if not apparently stronger, owing to literal greek god powers. And more importantly, Wonderwoman's movie pulls off the same themes that Man of Steel tried and failed.

From another world? Check. Dealing with being a messianic figure and struggling with how or if you can save the world? Check. But where Supes killed millions of people and then moped about it, WW was pretty much always on the ball about what needed to be done except for about ten minutes after she killed the wrong guy and was increasingly confused about why the day wasn't saved.

It also helps that she has scenes that give her emotions beyond the frankly robotic "Lois is on screen = smile; Lois is not onscreen = look constipated;" python script that feeds Cavil his stage direction.

It's believed by social justice discourse that, at least at some point, positive representation must supplant empathy in the face of torture. But these are two different modes, both encapsulated here since they are believed to be a dialogue. Positive representation must, if one is looking at it from a futurist angle, equate to neutral representation, which this film to its theoretical detriment does not aim for. Political works must not let their evils be neatly tucked away. Otherwise all you are left with is ideological masturbation. This film almost lets its darker threads hang, via the conceptualization of its humanism, but never is that darkness validated as an aspect of human nature after its champion is vanquished. This is simplification for audience ease and it, along with a paralyzing didactism through which every bit of this is realized, is the downfall of this themeing strategy, which the film primarily is. Discomfort and self critique was the lifeblood of Batman v Superman. Why does it have to be simple here?

How the fuck was The Dark Knight unique? Also good capeshit movies can be made while following a conventional formula like Winter Soldier or X-Men First Class or Spider-Man 2

Solid 8/10 before Ares. Solid 6/10 after

Buncha plot holes. Really perdictable capeshit. Good husbando. Cool action. Random Ares British dude at the end. It was better than I thought so 7/10.

It was good.

It wasn't great. It wasn't a cultural phenomena but it was good. Probably better than most of the Marvel ones.

Id recommenced people see it but at the end of the day it was just a very solid super hero movie

The only part I didn't like was the final battle. Ares didn't feel very threatening at all.

My eyes glazed over during that CGI shitfest at the end. Seems to be becoming a DCU staple...

Otherwise a good movie.

>7/10 for directing
Dude, why? The directing was pretty standard and flat outside of a few action scenes. And I'm sure as hell those weren't directed by Patty Jenkins

this

It's actually worse off because they tried to do like half CG, half "realism" instead of just making Ares an armored warrior-god with flaming eyes or some shit

This skinny british dude in scrap metal was so goofy looking

>Don't you understand
>Thats no mans land nothing survives up there
>No man can cross it
>Good thing I'm not a man

Whole thing was going fine then they suddenly start pushing all this feminist bullshit

It was above average. Great pacing and not cheesy.

> Discomfort and self critique was the lifeblood of Batman v Superman. Why does it have to be simple here?

I was trying to figure out why your posts were full of such verbose flowery meandering, to the point that I wasn't sure that you actually knew what you were saying, but these last two lines explain it: you are one of those guys who think BvS was good because you read way too much into it and think using a bunch of big words crammed together is what makes you smart.

It doesn't. Intelligence is in the idea, not the presentation. Only bullshitters have to obfuscate their content with a cushioning layer of extra syllables.

>Pulp Fiction 9/10
shit son, then what is a 10/10 for you? Nothing short of a Citizen Kane?
But seriously, when people qualified movies they aren't doing a list of "objectively best movies of all time", they usually just evaluate if the movie did what it was supposed to do.
This isn't a list of the Top 100 most influential movies in history, is a "did this superhero movie did the actual thing of making you invested and entertained?"

I mean, if you count ripping off Lord of the Rings as feminism than sure.

I guess you're right

Sometimes man is just a shorter version of hu-man

Worst movie I have ever seen besides BvS and Suicide Squad. I am glad this piece of shit will be DShits grave

If they make another Greek god the villain I swear to god I will kill somebody.

>inb4 the sequel establishes Ra's Al Ghul, the LoS, and Lazarus Pit being in Japan
>inb4 Steve is reincarnated and revealed, turning into Winter Soldier: DC Edition

>it fell apart completely in the last act

I agree. While it might not have had any actual plot holes, it definitely had some plot weaknesses in the third act.
Also, that final boss battle wasn't great. It felt like their respective powers weren't clearly defined. Can they fly? Can't they fly? Who knows.

i'm fine with british dude, but goddamn, why he had a mustache in that flashback?.

>weak final battle

Yes. IT borrowed too obviously from other sources. For a second, I thought I was watching Return of the Jedi.

I'm pretty sure Ares is still alive. I mean, come on. He survived lightning from Zeus before, so its not like this is a new trick for him. And we saw him wraithform around the room and do teleportation style shit before the fight started.

All they have to do is say he wasn't liking how the fight was going and left in the middle of it, letting Diana foolishly presume she vaporized him and spent the next 100 years laying low. Its not a bad plan, and honestly explains why he provoked her into the fight in the first place: as long as Diana thought he was still around, she would never stop hunting him. But as long as she assumes he is dead, he can do all of his shadow games and tricks with impunity, so long as he doesn't show his face wherever Diana is or do anything too obvious.

So, here's a question.

Ares says that only a god can kill another god.

Diana is a god.

If Ares is out of the picture... does that mean that Diana is basically unkillable? Like, maybe Darkseid counts as a god, but anything short of that and she should be in the clear, right?

And if Darkseid counts as a god for killing her, the reverse is true, which makes the rest of the team basically just support to the Diana show when it comes time to deal with Darkseid.

Gods are considerably harder to find than Kryptonite.

I think that for as much as the media is masturbating to this movie's supposed feminist message, it would have been a much better movie if they actually followed some feminist advice. Gal Gadot is too much of a pretty girl to be Wonder Woman. She doesn't have the aura of power that the character needs. She doesn't get dirty and bloody in battle because the film-makers wanted every image of her to have perfect hair and makeup. She had to share her plot with a much more interesting and well-rounded male character. Yes it was good for a DC movie, and yes it's probably the best female-led super hero movie that's been made to date, but it's still a far cry from other female-led action movies like Terminator 2 or Aliens.

Thats a fair critique. WW is a cool movie, but Diana as a character is much too naive and, if we are being honest, childish to really stand up in the cool action girl pantheon alongside Sarah Conner and Ripley.

Like, I don't even mean childish in that she gets emotional or makes irrational decisions sometimes, I mean childish in that lots of her scenes involve her being treated as an actual child. She's doing the fish out of water thing, but it does come off as kind of infantilizing until the mandatory ass kickings to remind you that she has to be taken seriously.

Darkseid should be able to counter the main three of the JL. For the rest of the group? Batman's basically fucked outside of prep time; Wonder Woman doesn't have much to counter outside of throwing her into space or something extreme like that; and Supes is weak to both Kryptonite and Magic, IIRC.

I thought it was worthy. What more need be said.

Shh, shut up, you're interrupting our YAAASSS QUEEN

Shit lead, adequate to pretty good supporting cast, acceptable effects, acceptable to goo/fun action, good to great overall depiction of the character. Overall a good movie. My only complaints being Gadot and things I would have personally preferred.

Unfortunately, that's what people want to see these days. Like you said, she's basically a big 'ol deer in the headlights for the whole film but because she has to be perfect, any time her naivete really should cause issues it's just handwaved away and she has a YASS QUEEN moment instead. They were going for the fish out of water thing, but she just ended up seeming like a literal retard who accidentally the whole WWI. Part of that was a bit of weak writing, and a lot of it was Gadot's subpar acting ability. If they'd cast someone weaker than Pine as Steve the film would've been a pretty big dud.

>muh ripley and sarah

Considering those are the only two "good" female protagonists every nerd cites up, not bad.

I think it's pretty good. The story isn't ground breaking, but the funny bits are funny, the romantic bits are romantic, and most of the action is pretty good (minus the overused slow mo).

So it's the first movie in this series that very functional.

They're not the only two good female protagonists, they're just two of the best female action heroines. If people keep bringing them up, it's because there's precious few examples of others of the same quality. It's not like people don't bring up John McClain, Dutch or Neo when talking about cool male non-comic book action heroes all the time, too.

Also I forgot to say it deals with the whole "empowered woman" idea in a pretty good way. She has a very synergistic relationship with Steve, and both of them carry each other to the end of the movie. Their different personalities are put to very entertaining use. There's no malice or (non comedic) insecurity.

>(minus the overused slow mo).
Fucking this, the fight scenes would've looked 10 times better if they'd just kept the speed consistent. The constant slowing down to show Gadot making a goofy serious face while posing was distracting as fuck.

You'll notice that modern feminism doesn't aim for empowerment, let alone equality, but centers on indulgence. That is: 'women should be coddled and catered to at all times, lest they get triggered, but also remember that they're strong and independent survivors!' Like says, it's infantilizing, and I doubt it's a coincidence that it's a popular ideology among millennials.

In the realm of storytelling, by the way, if you want an example of what (modern) feminist fiction is like, take a look at Lumberjanes or Steven Universe or America Chavez's solo. Those capture the core themes of modern feminism quite accurately.

I liked it more the second time 2bh family.

I liked it. It had a number of weak points; mostly the cg in the beginning and a couple poor line deliveries that pulled me from the movie for a moment; but was good. Overhyped by normies and fags who think DC is all "MUH BAMAAAAAN YELLIN", but it does deserve praises for being the best live action DC film in a long time and a great time overall.

Just remember Trevor did it first.

Huh?

Agreed on the Mythos. It pissed my friend who actually knows Greek mythology off so bad and kind of annoyed me. Them for veing so far off from axtual mythos, me because I quite enjoyed the DCAU's gods and how they were just sort of the bosses of the Amazons. Felt a little kek worthy.

Imagine being this full of yourself.

7/10, with a +1 modifier for being a breath of fresh air to much of the DCEU and MCU's respective tones bringing it to 8/10 as a cape movie.

My biggest complaint is that the DCEU really needs to learn to cut down their final fight scenes by half, as they always kill my investment in the movie by being so drawn out that I start to wonder what time it is, and how much longer until the movie ends.

I really liked the young Dianas, and I felt a surge of happiness a few minutes in as I realized that this movie wasn't going to get Diana's character completely wrong.

Finally got back from seeing it. Was great, I can't complain. I laughed, I cried, I cheered. Had a really crappy day and was nice to enjoy a HERO.
"yeah humanity can be shit, but they can be more" not the direct line obviously but you get the idea. Was hopeful, fun, was cheesy here and there and I wouldn't have my cape shit any other way.

>what did you really think of ww
>someone says what they think
>wow can you believe this guy???

It wasn't anything special but it was fun. Would make a good drunk watch.
6/10.

>Return of the Jedi
>Not Fate Stay/Night
God of War! Do you have enough rockets!?

You really needed 2 posts of reddit spacing to let everyone know?

im not even that guy, but I can already tell you're Sup Forums from the fact that you are calling paragraphs reddit spacing

bretty gud
would watch again when a BD-RIP is released

The only point of view we get on that is literally a children's story. Propaganda of the most blatant kind. Plenty of room for them to turn around and say "That's What Diana believes, here's what really happened"

It was good; GG and CP had good chemistry; action and plot were competent. 6.5-7/10

Loved it. Fantastic movie. Turns out Gadot's not half bad when she's got a decent director. Great to finally see a DC movie where a hero actively loves being heroic.

>The only part about the mythos I'm annoyed about is how Zeus is portrayed as some wise benefactor of humanity instead of dicking everything that moves.
Snyder wrote the mythos, and he somehow couldn't handle non-Christian mythology. Either that or he is one of those "can't watch a story with gods that aren't secretly Christian, that is pagan and thus satanic!".

There are major websites out there that review films by determining how "Christian" they are, and one thing that guarantee a bad score from them is any film where they can't convert religious figures into Bible equivalents. Like that Kong Fu Hustle review where they said that the protagonist made a mistake for not killed the last boss. Because Christianity requires that evil men be destroyed.

>Positive representation, however, has merely replaced pity as the en vogue progressive media Correct Way and thus must be the new taste to pander to. The defeat or at least challenge of these critiqued modes is brought into the narrative for reasons of self insert relatability to an unselfcritical audience, who also are treated to an all encompassing humanism that's honestly not malformed on a conceptual level but my lord is it in execution

This is Sup Forums. You're not impressing anybody faggot.

Zeus/Ares/Diana are largely thrust into a Judeo-Christian paradigm in WW with Zeus = YHWH/Jehovah, Ares=Satan and Diana being his gift to humanity/Amazons ala Christ.

To be fair, at least two out of three of those are pretty close to how Golden Age Wonder Woman was treated, with Zeus part of a benevolent pantheon of gods gifting Diana her abilities, and Diana herself being Marston's attempt at creating a messianic symbol of his ideas. Only Ares feels different, but I'll have to go back and read from that era again to make sure.

6/10

It was just above average. The no man's land scene was pretty cool and WW acted more like Superman than Superman unfortunately. I think everyone's expectations were set really low do to the previous films and everyone freaking out because WW had never been done in film before.

There was no reason for the Steve to die.
There were so many other methods of taking tha plane out.

Oh, then this thread doesn't apply to you because the implication is that it applies to those who watched it.

That being said
7.5/10 movie, DCEU's best so far (counting the MoS universe as the start).

I feel it would had been better if Hades wasn't real, or atleast not actual boss fight

Ares

that's what I meant

loved everything but the god awful New 52 Origin.

>Female-led Terminator and Aliens
>Implying people don't just watch them for the Terminator and the Aliens.
I don't deny they're good strong female roles, but they're not the protagonists and focus of the movie like WW was.