Please sign the petition!!

Please sign the petition!!

>The Witcher is based on Polish and Slavic mythology and holds an important cultural significance for the people of Eastern Europe. The Witcher is part of a rich literary history that, for Poles, is as important as J.R.R. Tolkien. Modern western filmmaking suffers from a dearth of representation from people of Slavic culture. Just as Warner Bro.s cast only English actors for the Harry Potter series, please cast only actors of Polish and Eastern European descent for the characters in the new Netflix series

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/netflix-cast-polish-actors-for-netflix-the-witcher-series
change.org/p/netflix-cast-polish-actors-for-netflix-the-witcher-series?recruiter=849425131&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Link the petition if you want us to sign it, dumbass.

polish submarine with screen doors

change.org/p/netflix-cast-polish-actors-for-netflix-the-witcher-series

>The Witcher, based on Polish and Slavic mythology and holds a special cultural significance for the people of Eastern Europe. The Witcher is part of a rich literary history that, for us, is as important as J.R.R. Tolkien is for The West. Modern Western cinema suffers from a dearth of accurate representation of people of Slavic and Eastern European cultures. As Warner Brothers decided to cast only British actors for the Harry Potter series, please cast only actors of Polish and Eastern European descent for the characters in the new Netflix series.

change.org/p/netflix-cast-polish-actors-for-netflix-the-witcher-series?recruiter=849425131&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

Dude, random characters can be of color. I think the only issue would be casting critical characters contrary to their description

>random characters can be of color

Typical Americantard with no culture. Polish is not a color, its a culture

have they already started casting for the series?

>Dude, random characters can be of color.

Not the op, but nah. The only characters who should be POCs are Villentretenmerth's Zerrikanian bodyguards.

Everyone else should be slavic.

>netflix
>expecting something else but "muh diverse casting"

Cast Tommy

>expecting something else but "muh diverse casting"

They're not casting it. The new Witcher seires isn't being made by Netflix. It's being made by the Polish, in Poland.

The notion that American SJW shit is going to have any influence in the production is pretty damn unfounded.

castling polish actors is diverse

Nobody in Poland cares about Witcher

no one says "poc" outside of america

I didn't know it was set in Poland

oh hi dandelion

>2 have signed

YOUR TEARING ME APART YENNIFER

its set in magical kurwaland

>no one says "poc" outside of america

Doesn't invalidate my point.

Tea and Vea are the only featured non-slavic people in the series. And that should hold true for the show.

Dye his hair white and make him a witcher haha holy shit yes

slavs unite?

>implying I give a shit
That text makes you sound like a whiny little bitch

>Dye his hair white and make him a witcher haha holy shit yes

Geralt is the only Witcher who's hair is white.

Pole here. The Witcher is shit. I'm okay with black Geralt.

african american here, black Geralt is the shittest idea ever

It was ripped off a petition for Mulan to be played by a Chinese actress. sounding like an sjw gets things done these days

perfect except that he's 40 years too old

Хaхaхa first you clean shit for anglos now you have shit in your film
Fuk yuo
t. americans

honestly don't know why people care about the tv show

books were meh
witcher 2 and 3 were fantastic story driven games and there is absolutely no way any show can outdo them or the experience they provided

I'm content with what I've been given by the series, dont give a fuck at some cynical cashgrab tv show

It isn't but it sure as hell is inspired by Slavic culture and folklore.

kek

>please cast only actors of Polish and Eastern European descent for the characters in the new Netflix series

Geralt.

Nope. Fuck off with this conciliatory cuckery.

as a Pole i dont care if some random people are going to be non white, just hope they dont make anyone actually important to the story different color/trans/gay etc.

Would be great as some village elder in a one off episode.
>Oh hai Geralt
>Anyways how is your Witcher life?
>I did not shelter the Scoia'tael I did naaaht

Yennefer

Seems like a fair compromise to me. Who knows, they might make some brown OC and I'm cool with it, but it doesn't make sense to decimate established lore for the sake of equal opportunity casting. There are other gigs, respect the lore.

t. Califag "SJW" Libtard

They already have a show runner and it's the same that did Iron Fist i think. Plus the logo or something they revealed was inspired by Viking show and they made sure everyone knew it, so they already went with that aesthetic instead of slav. And you all know that Triss or Yennefer will be black, or both.

pol here. The Nigger is shit. I'm okay with white Geralt.

Dude they are gonna have Achilles played by an African...

I will only sign one petition in my life - Idris Elba as Geralt of Rivia

No one cares what Sup Forums thinks user

>No one cares what a nigger thinks user
ftfy

Ne

You clearly do otherwise you'd have just ignored him.

Kek'd and checked'd

You should move to California. They're treating bug chasers pretty leniently now.

They will go full SJW and if you think poles won't let them just remember that in the third game all the characters had british accents. Not a single slav accent in a slav made game.

thats because you were playing the english version you absolute dummy

hitler and stalin didn't go far anough with you slavic shits

>Who knows, they might make some brown OC and I'm cool with it,

Not bloody likely.

They're sticking to the books. Even the franchise's creator is one of the executive producers and a creative lead on the show specifically to prevent them from fucking up like the last time it was adapted to TV.

you know they will

I rather have wrong accents instead of shit acting that change characters behavior just because VO felt like it. Besides theres like only 3,5 VO actors in the other language i know and they voiced EVERYTHING in the last 10 years or so.

>random characters can be of color
No, they can't. Explain why they can?

>Even the franchise's creator is one of the executive producers
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you fell for it? He won't deiced shit. It's nothing more than a pr shit.

Accurate?

For the American, "brown" means sub-saharan

>please cast only actors of Polish and Eastern European descent
fuck off retard, none even in Poland wants that

>it's literally just OP and his faggot boyfriend who have signed it

>WE WUZ TZARS AND SHIT

wydupiaj z tą petycją, jeden wiedzmin z polskimi aktorami to wystarczająco

WOW addict here
I gave it up 6 months ago and have been playing Skyrim

I bought Witcher 3 on the steam sale but have never installed it
Is it worth the time?

Thats just BBC

Cut him some slack, he's polish

stop spamming your shit here you utter faggot

>please cast only actors of Polish and Eastern European descent for the characters in the new Netflix series
Dropped. Up until this point I was interested. Peddle your nationalism elsewhere.

I hope it's good

The Witcher and the stories it is based on are a product of the striving nationalist spirit of Poland. We do not need nor want your support, your failure to respect that legacy.

eastern europe is not a nation

I signed it because my city is mentioned quite a few times in Witcher

t. Slovenian from Maribor

>We do not need nor want your support
>Please sign the petition!!
lmaoing @ your cuntry pshek

thanks for the support! this is my only slovenia meme

I'm Hungarian you dipshit. We were the same country under Louis I and Vladislaus III. Your Eastern European national pride is completely misplaced and misguided in addressing the United States. You are completely destroying your only chance of trying to serialize Witcher by peddling your nationalist agenda the same time with it.

Poland is, and that's the only country he mentioned out of all the rest.

IKR? Pathetic attempt. Moving on, nothing to see here.

You do Hungary a disservice and thankfully your type is outnumbered. The Witcher is already an acclaimed series, and is one of the most popular and well-made games sold in the USA.

we don't need his support, and he wouldn't have given it anyways so there is no loss.

also i'm not OP

From IMDB page:

>Chronicles monster hunters who, with training and body modification, develop supernatural abilities to battle deadly beasts.

I'm an hungarian living in the military occupied part of hungary and I do not associate with any estern european "pride"

>military occupied
Please elaborate.

>military occupied part of hungary
haha the fuck are you on?

in Transylvania

why the self hate?

>rich literary history
these books are literally forgotten realms and dragonlance tier 8th grade fantasy books

I had the luck to be born a Magyar but with the badluck to be born in the ROManian state

This fucking idiot. Most of the stuff in the book is based on old slavic myths and shit.

A nigger in poland would be about as fucking weird, as Kim Jong Un hanging out in Washington for summer vacation.

Since my family is from northern Poland I can absolutely confirm, that niggers are like unicorns for Eastern Europe.

Why would anything east of France ever consider depicting non-European ethnicities? It's just weird. There are no coons here, why should they appear in media? They're strangers.

L A L U Z E X T I N G U I D O

Slav here. The Witcher is barely Slavic. Most of monsters, as well as dwarves and elves, are a straight Tolkien/D&D copy.

They've already started filming

You should be grateful we haven't genocided your backstabbing kind yet sweetie :)

>Poland is so bankrupt in terms of literature that a series of badly written fantasy stories ripping off Western stuff from LotR/D&D to Moorcock's Elric is the best they can come up with cultural significance

> bankrupt in terms of literature

I pity the barbarians never being able to read "Krzyzacy".

The series isn't in danger because of possible people of color actors you dumb dipshits, it is in danger because the showrunner is a lieral SJW feminist who will most likely go full YASS QUEEN SLAY with every female character.

Yennifer is full blown YAAASSS QUEEEN though.

nobody even says "coons" anymore, who are you trying to impress lmao

I hope they cast Boyega as one of the heroes.