Transformers - Roberts was a mistake

Where were your when Roberts shat the bad and turned his fanbase against him?

Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/Mayumi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All of the Tumblrinas on Twitter are freaking out about how Roberts is an arrogant asshole after he "attacked" that fan.
I guess they just figured it out.

Is Roberts the Bendis or Dan Slott of transformers? Discuss.

He can actually write some really good stuff with a good editor but when he runs out of ideas, he writes himself into the ground.

So OP wants Simon Furman back then?

Bendis.

Frankly fuck him. He decided to pander to the subhuman slime and turned what could have been a great run demonstrating the potential of TF comics into a total clone of DW.

IDW needs to put Roche on a TF book now that Scott is gone.

Actually I think he was losing steam even before Barber left. If you compare his first years worth of issues (or even his work on Wreckers or Chaos Theory) with the the second years with Overlord or Tyrest/Star Saber/Pharma, his initial work is genuinely clever like the Annual that explores TF religion or issue 12 which uses flashbacks cleverly so they can have two artists on one issue. Everything afterward just felt hamfisted such as Rodimus being staked on a cross with the Matrix to override Tyrest's killswitch being the most egregious.

What what what.
What happened.
Is there some info? I didn't hear a thing!

The entire deal with Tyrest and Star Saber was just kind of an offensive mess. It also ruined Star Sabers image in general for any new fans to TF coming in through the IDW comics.

>IDW needs to put Roche on a TF book now that Scott is gone.

I'm curious if Roche and Roberts collaberated on Lost Light, could Roche salvage it.

Last Stand of the Wreckers was the pinacle of IDW for a reason.

>Tumblrinas
It was definitely more than just "tumblrina" types getting mad at him. Though not all for the same thing of course.

Okay so Roberts posted pic related and then some chick said something along the lines of,
"Calling these views 'opinions' are very belittling to people who've been abused"
Because Megs reminds people of their abusers. She also accused Roberts of nit having empathy and then Roberts replied, "how dare you" and then replied with some angry shit.
Basically his fans (AKA Tumblrinas) are now feeling betrayed and are angry.

First mistake is he searches up his name, Megatron, Lost Light, MTMTE, etc to find dissenting opinions and sometimes comment on them. This time however he subtweeted people about it. Someone @'d him over the subtweets (said some weird shit I don't entirely agree with but eh) and he handled it very poorly. Cue half of his twitter fanbase tearing him a new one.

Of course.
Though in the case of what blew up on Twitter yesterday it was definitely the Tumblrina crowd. I haven't seen anyone complaining about Roberts lack of professionalism save for them.

>She also accused Roberts of nit having empathy
Nah. Whatever your opinion on this, she was perfectly polite and Roberts just had a complete meltdown for no reason.

She did it politely but she still implied he was lacking in empathy or some shit. I think Roberts was super rude afterwards and blew things way out of proportion.

Poor wording on this chick's part. I think she later clarified that she meant Megatron's empathy or something but that clearly doesn't come off in these tweets.

Why the fuck didn't someone at IDW tell Roberts don't get so pissy like this.

you never seen Barber or Scott so unprofessional on Twitter.

Really? I saw a few people who definitely don't fit the tumblrina bill getting pissed off at him for lack of professionalism.

Ah female Transformers fans with trouble sexual pasts. It's like a moth to a flame.

It does not even make any sense and yet here they are.

Also shows how they are not people you want to deal with, they praise Roberts like a god one moment then want him dead the next. Anyone that deals with them is on the fine line of a similar fate.

Never take any of them seriously, they are just troubling human beings. You know what person at work that everyone has to tip toe around because of HR. That's them.

You know that girl in high school that everyone just avoided because she might go Carrie on the school. That's them.

You know that old lady that ends up getting found 3 years after she died in her house because no one went looking for them because no one cared about them for decades....... that's them.

Such a sad future these women will have. But they don't get any of my pity.

Barber is super nice and responds to questions and criticism well. I don't know about Scott but I've never seen her get aggressive about anything other than a post calling out people who read her books illegally.

Nice blog post.

You know deep down it's all a front anyhow.

They all think these tumblrinas are insane and they just need to keep cool and take the money, it's just robots.

>this princess wears running shoes
Hahaha.

>Why the fuck didn't someone at IDW tell Roberts don't get so pissy like this.

Lost Light is doing shit in sales (worse than TAAO) and TAAO was just axed.

Well not really but it was doing shit in numbers and IDW asked Scott to change something up in hopes or rising numbers but she didn't want to so she ended the run. Same thing can happen to Roberts any moment now.

The only reason why Roberts' book has been axed yet is because he's the golden boy of IDW but he is getting more and more criticized so he's shitting bricks that he's next on the chopping block.

>You know deep down it's all a front anyhow.
Well no shit. It's called being professional when you're on a public forum. If comic writers threw a shitfit on twitter every time someone disagreed with them there would be repercussions.

Thanks

It's birthed out of having to deal with them most concentrated level of retarded fans via TFexpo aka TumblrCon Transformers.

Yeah, it's better that they smile, take that fat tumblr girls $15 for a 10 cent print out at a con and half about her smell later.

Eh.
I don't think Barbers is a front mostly because he writes the opposite of what Tumblrinas want hence why they don't like exrid and read only MTMTE up until now.

>You know deep down it's all a front anyhow.
>They all think these tumblrinas are insane and they just need to keep cool and take the money, it's just robots.

>Profesional writers can into positivie PR work

No shit Sherlock. We are just too used to writers being all Slott tier retards that something as basic as normal professional PR is seen as weird.

The front of being nice to them online while deep down thinking they are fucked up human beings.

>That middle dude

TFexpo, bringing the trans to Transformers.

Tumblr boogeymaning aside what happened yesterday was nuts. Didn't expect it to go on for as long as it did. Didn't expect Roberts to react the way he did. Just nuts.

I saw good for James. Bout time someone put their foot down in these crazy bitches. He is too important to IDW anyhow so nothing bad will come of it, if anything it will just get rid of some crazy women so they could go drive Marvel insane instead.

James is lined up for all kind of IDW books outside of Transformers. He will keep marching forever, making money and laughing at ham-lets along the way.

>Didn't expect Roberts to react the way he did

Like user said, Roberts is shitting bricks, firt IDW took Milne from him who is their #1 most liked fan artist, then they cancelled a book by the womyn team.

He's terrified that he can get axed at any point and he's snappy.

He ain't scared, he already said he is lined up for other books after Transformers. If anything, he would just be leaving a sinking ship.

If there is anyone that should have no fear of all the previous named IDW Transformers creative team, it's him.

>IDW introduces female transformers

>Gay couples still outnumber straight 8 to 2

come on IDW, some comic book readers still like heterosexual love.

Transformers just needs to be a Japanese only brand for awhile

Escape all this SJW safe space bullshit and go back to the Nippon Ichiban that Sakamoto and many other creators are keeping alive.

>he already said he is lined up for other books after Transformer

Source?

Straight doesn't sell anymore. Marvel knows it, DC knows it, IDW knows it.

Besides, did you really pick up on the fact these two were even female at their first appearance? I sure didn't. Wonder what that says.

>Transformers just needs to be a Japanese only brand for awhile

>he wants to go back to Unicron Trilogy days

How about no?

>People can't be best friends without being lovers

Tumblr logic at its finest.

>Straight doesn't sell anymore

Yes because a minority of the world population is making up for all the sales. It's ok. Get ready for a big reboot of all of this and then you can all get super butt hurt again. Just have those credit cards ready with your money.

>James is lined up for all kind of IDW books outside of Transformers
[citation needed]

Better to cut off a limb then live with the poison that will just slowly kill you anyhow.

It's hard to understand friendship when you have no friends.

boy that's kiss players
he wants the robot fucking days back

Can we post some comfy TFs in these tumultuous times?

It must be such a wasted existence to be these girls.

Like spending the prime years of your life and your money on blood raging over a comic book about a boys toy line.

We judge bronies in a similar fashion, it only makes sense.

I'm still buthurt about CyGate.

The core appeal of them was the father/son relationship they had in season 1. It felt like a Lone wolf & Cub but with robots and it was awesome.

But tumblr wanted them to fuck and have feelz so Roberts gave them the feelz ruining one of the best parts of MTMTE.

I rather Kiss Players and it's mild tongue and cheek backlash over the meltdown these sexual frustrated women give us every Wednesday.

Around the end of the arc with Star saber in it. Just lost interest. I liked some of the characters like Whirl and Cyclonus, but the the overarching story wasn't enough to keep me reading regularly.

>I'd rather ruin the entire franchise than ignore the barely 6k people that read a shitty comic

I'll take 20 gay robot pairings over a Japanese TF continuity any day. They would find some way to make it like Gundam and center it around kids piloting transectors that just look like G1 characters.

While I agree with you, I'd rather Tailgate just go the fuck away. Can't stand him anymore.

No one gives a shit about any of the fiction anymore

The Bay movies are shit

The current comics breed retards

The current cartoons are either for children or just subpar "to sell toys" writing that people hated about the Unicron Trilogy

Most just stick around for the latest Classics-like toys and Masterpieces.

Transformers was born and survived as toys and it will remain that way.

So we don't like this then?

I mean, I didn't, it bored me to absolute tears, but I figured I was the odd one out.

>Hating Masterforce.

There is no hope anymore.

>They would find some way to make it like Gundam and center it around kids piloting transectors that just look like G1 characters.

Cybertron is the best Japanese show and it's only good because the dub went full retard since Galaxy force is DREADFULLY boring. And even then it had like only 5 good episodes out of 50 (like every other Brave show).

>Transformers was born and survived as toys and it will remain that way.

So fuck off to /toy/ and cry about how Hasblow got the hue of red wrong on the new Optimus toy faggot.

I forgot the image.

Do you even enjoy your life?

What did Megatron do and why did it trigger tumblr?

>center it around kids piloting transectors that just look like G1 characters.
Like they did in BW2? Oh wait they didn't.
Like they did in BWN? Oh wait they didn't.
Like they did in Car Robots? Oh wait they didn't.
Like they did in Armada? Oh wait they didn't.
Like they did in Energon? Oh wait they didn't.
Like they did in Cybertron? Oh wait they didn't.
Like they did in GO!? Oh wait they didn't.

I have no problem with this.

Japan is all about giving us what any hot blooded man wants.

Car, robots and bitches.

If my life was good I wouldn't be on Sup Forums and neither would you faggot, stop pretending that you're some ubermensch.

Masterforce > Victory > Zone > Headmasters > Kiss Players

Sorry but thems the facts. Minerva is best girl.

>it's a "sad Sup Forums faggots take over a thread" time

Welp, was fun while it lasted.

We live in a world today that is a crime to be happy with who you are.

Now you need to question your gender, hate your own race and get ass hurt about fiction that you put all your money into.

I only watched Car Robots fairly recently. I actually liked it a lot more than Robots in Disguise

at least until Brave Maximus appeared, then things started to become a struggle to keep watching.

My nigga. Let's get these cat ladies out of our fandom.

outside of legion's tongue and the out of body nudity, anyone actually know what's going on with kiss players or are just going with what they heard?

like the actual plot of the radio drama or what was going on the one page dengeki comics.

Japan knew what they were doing. America got the keys back to the car in 2009 (with Revenge of the Fallen) and everything went to shit.

Exquisite taste dude.

>tfwiki.net/wiki/Mayumi
>tfw we were denied another decepticutie

You forget that none of these shows were made in this era. The era of moe shit and edge.

Now with EVIL blue version!

>You forget that none of these shows were made in this era.
Neither was Masterforce, the show about kids piloting transectors that just look like G1 characters. What's your point, autismo?

Robots in Disguise was a casualty of its time, 9/11 really hurt it.

That being said, Not-Fort Max being their excuse to bring in the "power of children" bullshit did ruin it towards the end, I agree there, but if it didn't Koji would have come off as even MORE unnecessary.

They are Sup Forums fags they jerk off to moe shit all day, they would like nothing more than moeformers

The irony is that even the Japanese TF fanbase hates the TF animes and stick strictly to original G1 cartoon, Animated, Prime, and the IDW comics.

>The Bay movies are shit

Baymovies are better than all you nipshit combined you're just too busy sucking that tiny asian cock to notice it.

Frankly I'm glad they hate their Beast Wars dub.

Better moeformers then going to cons and seeing pic related. Sometimes you need bug repellent to get rid of the gnats.

Eghhhh I don't know about that.

Moeshit vs Shite Lebutt, especially ROTF Lebutt, that's a very tough call.

>I an Sup Forums faggot that hasn't bathed in the last 10 years am disgusted by seeing female versions of me on Cons.

>Baymovies are better

Just.

Just.

Just go to sleep.

I listened to some of the radio dramas, its a semblance of a G1 plot fused with slice of life and the robot fucker agenda.
>tfw marissa wakes optimus up from a coma with a kiss and now he's her boyfriend
>tfw Marissa drops icecream onto Optimus' "drive stick" and "cleans it"
>tfw starscream's ghost possesses a girl so he can make a new body and kiss it alive

>Transformers just needs to be a Japanese only brand for awhile
I like the old school tf anime but even I think this is a shitty idea. Most of the tf anime dont translate well to a western audience and do poorly anyway.

What we need is a brave reboot from sunrise.

While i might weight as much as them, I am not as socially destructive as them.

> going to cons
> isn't expecting to meet human trash, both male and female

>ITT: Sup Forumstard whines about le tumblr boogey "womyn"

>anime faggots cry themselves to sleep because Japan will never again make a shitty TF anime ever again while Bay will make movies forever and bathe in money

It's beautiful. Goo watch you shitty TF GO and jerk off to it.

>autismo
Sup Forumsnon you are in no shape to be calling anyone that.
And if you haven't noticed the majoroty of people don't care for Masterforce specifically because it was centered around these random humans. That and once again, Japanese TF just isn't good.

Masterforce, Victory, Car Robot, Armada, Energon, Cybertron are more or less Brave shows with a Transformers name. It never left, it just got a new coat of paint.

But I welcome it back. America does not deserve to guide the brand anymore.