What are you Sup Forumslossal retards reading?

What are you Sup Forumslossal retards reading?
Just started Watchmen, holy shit this is fucking godly material, now I see why people hate the film.

I've been reading Johns' JSA. It's pretty good so far.

I don't read comic books these days, I only come here out of habit and to see what idiot people are talking about as a substitute for actual social interaction.

Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
Batman
AN Wolverine
Flash
Venom
AN Guardians
Detective Comics
Spider-Man and Deadpool

And I have started to read through the wheel of time boom series once more, currently half way through Lord of Chaos, and reading through Ostrander's Suicide Squad again

but wheel of time didn't get renewed past The Eye of the World... ARE YOU FROM THE GOOD TIMELINE WHERE AL GORE WON THE 2000 ELECTION?

Been reading Hama's GI Joe for the past year almost done with the original Marvel run then I'm gonna move on to the continuation from IDW (still written by Larry Hama).

Also started reading John Ostrander's Suicide Squad.

Sadly no, I'm talking about the actual book, I lost my comics of eye of the world and new spring in the house dire a few weeks back

OP, I recommend you read V for Vendetta when you're done with Watchmen. To answer your question, I'm re-reading Old Man Logan

I /was/ reading Spider-Man/Deadpool. And now I'm sad.

?
The film is also very good.
By far the best adaption of the comic that Hollywood could ever make.

I guarantee you Moore wouldn't have thought it could hew that close.

You k ow it's not canceled right? Just Ed and Joe are no longer the main creative team, I'll wait and see who the team is after this next guest writer issue before I decide to drop it or not

Oh please, the movie barely scratches the surface of the comic and bastarsizes it by adding their own shit and excessive violence/"realism". Copypasting panels isn't making a good adaptation

None of that is related to my statements.
The movie is very good.
The movie is the best adaptation hollywood could have made.
Moore would have not expected a movie even nearly as faithful as it is.

2000AD, all weeks, every week. I'm doing a prog slog through the entire run in the meantime and I'm somewhere in the late 800s. Shit's gotten really rough but Wagner is coming back to Dredd soon so there's that to look forward to.

Other than that, just started Moore's Supreme, Busiek's Avengers and got the first Orc Stain TPB. The latter I'd already read, but I just really, really wanted to have it on physical.

I will say the characters are perfectly casted, especially Rorschach and the Comedian, but it seems there's some stuff missing from the comic. Of course they couldn't include everything the things fucking huge and expansive, it prob would have worked better as a TV series and somebody to tell hack snyder to not be a retard while directing. Still its a good adaptation but I can see why people dislike it. Even so whats going on with DC planning Watchmen in the DC cinematic universe or was it a comic crossover?

Gerber's Howard The Duck
Original run of Iron Fist
Spider-Man 2099

>The movie is the best adaptation hollywood could have made.
Shut up.

OF WATCHMEN

You're really bad at understanding words.

But it's not faithful is my point, because it represents a very superficial view of the general work, the same view that convinced comic writers books like it or TDKR were meant to show superheroes should take an edgy take to be mature

I'm sorry, no amounts of rationalization will convince me that having Dan mutilate thugs and shying away from the ridiculousness of the costumes or plot points like the alien was "the best they could have made", it sounds like when people say the TASM movies are better than Raimi's just because they have webshooters. I agree it could've gone much worse i guess, and the movie by itself is still entertaining

Moore would rather kill himself just to be able to roll in his grave. Hyperbole obviously, but I'm sure he'd agree that pretending a movie can be literally like the comic as they attempted was the bad way to go

>Just Ed and Joe are no longer the main creative team, I'll wait and see who the team is after this next guest writer issue before I decide to drop it or not

Let's be honest with ourselves. They're not going to get any good talent on the book, Marvel hardly has /any/ good talent these days.

Pretty damn funny. Love Vaughan, although this hasn't crushed my heart into little pieces yet

>By far the best adaption of the comic that Hollywood could ever make.
No they could have casted a MUCH better actress as Silk Spectre.
Lynn Collins should have been her instead of that abortion Wolverine Origins.
Ozzy also could have been better cast (aaron eckheart?)

>and excessive violence/"realism"
What are you talking about?
The violence in the film is specifically called out for being too exaggerated compared to the comic.

Waiting for the next Crossed trade to come out.

>and somebody to tell hack snyder to not be a retard while directing
What did he do that was even remotely retarded with Watchmen?

That's... exactly what i said

The ending was kind of meh, but that whole comic is my fantasy scenario.

But he beat thugs in the comics.
And making the Owl suit badass is fucking improvement on the comics, when can get that Dan is a looser sulking like a bitch without his alter ego without making him a fat lard ass in spandex flailing about, that isn't fucking enjoyable to watch or witness on any fucking level.

But the violence wasn't portrayed in a realistic manner for the most part.

user, re-read my post, i said the movie bastardized the characters and story with all that excessive violence

See, that's the logic that ruins the movie, why do you act like Nite Owl is a fatass by mistake and not by design? So much for the best adaptation ever

I dunno man, if they put Ewing, Duggan, Conway, or Thompson on the title I'd be pretty hyped, I doubt it though because they're all busy with other things at the moment, but still I have hope.

>user, re-read my post, i said the movie bastardized the characters and story with all that excessive violence
No it doesn't change their characters at all.
>why do you act like Nite Owl is a fatass by mistake and not by design?
I know it was by design, I am saying it was a unnecessary one. And one that isn't tolerable to movie audiences. We don't want to see fat pathetic losers when it's not a comedy.

Looking back at it Snyders colour saturation for the movie was pretty bad, would have been a good opportunity to use the unique colour style from the comic, instead of making it grey. That and some of fights look ridiculous.

So we agree it's a bad adaptation then

Faithfulness isn't the only thing that dictates if something is a good adaption or not.

Jaws diverges greatly from the novel and is a superior work in every way to it. So is the 1995 Ghost in the Shell movie from the manga.

I agree! But the movie's changes are crap and I'm glad we finally disproved the myth that it's the most faithful adaptation ever

I am stuck in permanent wait status until they decide to bring back Dan the Unharmable. Another good series down the tubes...

Afterlife With Archie...again. I hate how well done it was, because I want volume 2 to come out but the writers could give two shits about this title.

You should read Transformers vs GI Joe. It's batshit in the best way.

Being a Moore fan apparently means you have to be ready to pull your cock out at any moment and jerk off in front of everyone.
It's weird. You guys should stop it.

I was reading Claremont's run of X-Men and New Mutants, but got to Secret Wars and it is a real slog. Not good.

Going to flip back to New 52 Superman and Action. I was about halfway through both.

Also have bookmarks in New Teen Titans and Hack/Slash.

Goodwin/Infantino Star Wars, which is far better than I would have expected. I don't even like Star Wars and it's good. The stories are super solid and the design work is really, really top notch. Also, Carmine was clearly fascinated with young Carrie Fisher's tits which is as it should be.

I've been plowing through Sweet Tooth. I haven't had anything pull me in that hard lately. That aside I'll probably restart BPRD, I've got a few trades I don't think I've read yet.

I stopped Claremont at exactly the same point for the same reason.

I'm not the one constantly praising the Snyderkinos only to pull out when people start questioning

Reading the last few issues of Punisher MAX. Gotta say there's a huge drop off in quality when it's not Ennis doing the writing.

I'm currently going through Animal Man, I'm on issue 77 now. When I'm done with it I'll probably start reading Punisher Max.

Azzalerro's Wonder Woman run.

No you're just jerking off in public and pointing the plebe finger as your kind always do.
Jerk off.
I don't give a fuck about movies, retard, this is a thread about comics.

- House of Penance
- Thor by Walt Simonson (only on first volume, will see how much I like the non-Beta Ray Bill stuff before I get the next one)
- Doom Patrol (re-reading as I'm getting the big trades)

Plus I caught up on the New 52 Aquaman over the weekend. Pretty fun read.

The conversation developed like that

About comics, i just recently bought from a flea market a Claremont Xmen run focusing on a certain shadow king. I don't know him but i thought it was time i tapped into that '90s phenomenon

Gruenwald's Quasar. It's a lot of fun so far, traditional superheroics with a heavy dose of Cosmic. Really bummed at how Thanos shat on him in Infinity Gauntlet. Poor Wendell can't catch a break.

Also gonna start my umpteenth read of Earth X soon.

That's actually what got me to read Classic Joe.

mega?

The Watchmen movie is a shot for shot remake of the book. Prove me wrong.

Reading Busiek's Conan.

I thought I'd like it more but I'm just not a fantasy guy.

trying to read Morrison's X-Men, but most of the art is SO BAD
also started Alien Legion v1, Milligan's Shade and catching up on Watamote

He is a retard that saw a terrible video on youtube and doesnt understand why action is needed on a 2 and a half hour movie instead of a montly book