Can anyone in the MCU beat him?

Can anyone in the MCU beat him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/r30nn9RqlvE?t=155
collider.com/wonder-woman-god-killer-explained/#images
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

None of the Avengers can. Remember, he's a for-real god, and Thor is just a sufficiently advanced alien.

Captain America.
Thor.

Ares! I've come to bargain.

Lmao, he'd melt caps shield and thor hammer in no time

You've done a lot of baaaaaaad things, mama's boy.

How cute.

not cannon

>Thor.
lol mcu thor? Couldn't even beat iron man.

i mean nothing you posted made him wrong?

Neither of those characters are avengers, and even if Strange were, his heavily plot driven trick wouldn't have worked since time exists on earth..

So I hear Ares likes guns.

No, none of them are even in the same ballpark as anyone from the DCEU. They made their batman as strong as MCU's thor. Maybe thanos depending on how powerful they make him, but thats about it.

Him forming his armor and melting the eyes in his helmet was pretty metal. Wish he had the cape though.

Hank Pym would just shrink him to a micro-dimension.

Shut up Joss

Doctor Strange (or any of the other highly trained sorcerers)
Odin
Ghost Rider
Ego
Thanos with the gems

He's a matchstick compared to this guy

well... Ego, obviously

>Couldn't even beat iron man.
Yeah he absolutely could. Star had the propulsion to push Thor around but had absolutely no way to actually physically damage Thor except possibly the crimson cutting lasers.

youtu.be/r30nn9RqlvE?t=155

Puny God

Yeah but you just need retarded lightning 'love' to beat him. Thor one shot.

I imagine Hela would give him a run for his money.

You do know that Ares is a god right? His power set is well above that of any MCU character

Thor gets one shotted, I agree.

Ares could probably do whatever it is Eson did there.

A legit god, not some lame ass alien that uses alien tech who pretends to be a god.

Mirror Dimension, asshole.

But he has lightning.

What could he do to Vison?

He died pretty hard to that lightning.

I was under the impression that Ares lost to Wonder Woman because she was the "Godkiller".

Well, anyone else that counts as a God can do it. That's the only real qualifier.

So, presumably Thor and other Asgardians have a chance.

It doesn't help that Ares's weakness is lightning, which is kind of Thor's specialty.

Given how easily Diana killed him, I very much doubt it.

That was the lightning of Zeus himself not generic earthly lightning.
>So, presumably Thor and other Asgardians have a chance.
They aren't fucking gods in the Mcu.

Maybe see my other post Wonder Woman was like made to kill him or something. That doesn't make Ares puny.

Nothing more than a name.

collider.com/wonder-woman-god-killer-explained/#images

Daren cross wih his gun, Ant-man, Dormammu, Thanos, Ego, Cap giving a speech, that celestial in guardians 1,Luis, etc.

>You do know that Ares is a god right? His power set is well above that of any MCU character

You mean his power set was. Also, not true.

Area gets bitch slapped around all the time though. He's one of those villains who is only as powerful as the person he is fighting.

Thor lightning is definitely not ordinary or from Earth. I thought Zeus died?

See
Moron.

Did you miss the part where its revealed that Wonder Woman herself is the Godkiller? I'm not fucking talking about the sword. Granted, I think making her a daughter-of-Zeus at all is dumb, but it's canon to the movie and has to be considered.

Ego at best is superman level

Ares is a god
>War inducement
>Mind control
>Immorality
>Invincibility
>Feeds off war
>Pyrokinesis
>Weapon control and generation
>Magic lightning manipulation
>Extradimensional powers
>Magic
>Telekinesis

I'll take a Norse god over one of those d-bag Greek gods any day.

Vison could beat him

>Feeds off war

Not the DCEU version.

>a nigga that snapped his fingers and killed half the earth's population couldn't fight a god
>a nigga that can create time loops and travel dimensions couldn't fight a god
>a celestial couldn't fight a god
>an actual fucking demon of justice couldn't fight a god
>The fucking All-Father, the most powerful man from a race of near-gods, couldn't fight a god

nigga what

Oh dear. How quaint.

>Got beaten by a normal human

Lmao

>Odin who was ousted by Loki and became a homeless man
Whoa so awesome

When they actually introduce one, let me know.

>beaten

Ares really needs to just chill

with one of the most powerful items in the universe.

We're talking movies, retard.

He melts vision, and ares literally says the only reason he survived all these years was by orchestrating wars

Bunch of fucking pussies.

>Ego

you keep saying

>HE'S A GOD

as if that means literally anything in the DCEU besides whatever feats Ares has actually shown on screen

which are still impressive, but there's nothing concretely shown there that actually puts him above Ego's level

NOT ONE SINGLE HERO IN THE MCU COULD BEAT THIS THING

MANLETS(CU) BTFO

Lol, none of them have shown feats above ironman, Thor is beyond nerfed in the MCU, Odin has not done anything impressive and thanos is a fatass in a chair making empty threats

It's not like anyone has beaten him fair and square with his power. Literally anyone could beat him with kryptonite.

>phases through and uses Mind Stone

Neither of them are ginger gypsies, so they'd be pretty screwed.

>melts

Vison phases through

>Pym shrinks him.
>Scarlet could mind control him(maybe)
>Thor could throw him into some portal with the Space Gem.

Easy Game for Ego or Dormammu.

To-may-to, to-mah-to. What's the difference? Thor is just as powerful in the comics/films as he in in myth, and the Greek Gods aren't portrayed as being any more powerful. He's not a "real god" in the judeo-christian sense, he's not omnipotent or omniscient. How exactly is he supposed to beat Thor?

>Killing a pantheon of gods with more power than him
>Gets stronger the more you fight him
>Can burn anything, even indestructible items
>Magic

The "But God" argument is pathetic.

Honestly, nothing Ares did in the film was that impressive.

Hell, the lightning blast that obliterated him is roughly visually similar to the one that Thor used off the Christler building.

If that's what's needed to end him, then Thor could stop him.

I've never seen Thor in the movies do anything all that impressive. Comics Thor could definitely take Ares.

Any of the Infinity Gems could break him.

Dr. Strange could just imprison him in the mirror dimension forever. No need to "beat" him at all.

He leveled a whole city with lightning, not comic tier but still.

1 is an assumption. He killed them but you are assuming the other gods were more powerful than him. For some reason.
2 is also an assumption. The boost he'd get even in the comics from that is minimal to his overall power. And NOTHING IN THE FILM suggests he draws power from war.
3. False. He didn't burn Diana with a touch. We only know that he can quickly incinerate Steel, which is impressive as fuck, but not limitless. Drop the "NO LIMITS!" fallacy this instant.
4. Now you're just trolling.

Could anyone in the DCEU beat him?

Well, the point of that idea is that what's technology to the Asgardians looks like magic to us, but of course because everything has to be dumbed down as much as possible for moviegoers we can clearly tell it's just technology.

In the comics, Asgard's technology IS magic. They're so much more advanced that their technology violates all of our understanding of science. We can't even begin to comprehend how it works.

>What's the difference?

One's a supernatural deity from a separate plain of existence and the other is a living breathing life form of a technologically advanced extera terrestrial civilization.

And yet, Ares takes corporeal form and can be harmed through physical means in that corporeal form.

And hell, HE WAS KILLED BY LIGHTNING IN THE FUCKING MOVIE. So, keep that thought at the forefront.

Don't treat a difference in makeup as an "Instant Win" card. It's disingenuous.

Spells are in effect a form of technology, because if it can be studied and codified, it can be studied scientifically.

There is literally no reason for anyone to get their panties in a bunch over how the MCU portrays Magitech in the Thor films, doubly so after Doctor Strange.

The only way it does is if you put an artificial divider between Science and Magic.

If it's part of the universe, it can be studied scientifically.

Period.

So ANY regular use of magic to specific known outcomes IS Science.

Plain and simple Dormammu,you're comparing a dude who on a luckyday can mess up a country vs an interdimensional bean who can fuck up entire dimensions like magic aids.

>immorality