Spider-Man Thread

ONE MORE DAY
until showcasing
God I hope they have the last stand suit and a fuckhuge selection of costumes right after its release. And some good combat for once.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3R2uvJqWeVg
youtube.com/watch?v=f_7uOrS_mvw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>an experienced Spider-Man
Thank God.

Here's hoping they do something original with the story and mythos for once, too. Like, if there is a symbiote, Peter gets to keep it, or something. Venom isn't a villain off the bat, something new.

>something original
>symbiotes

I'm fucking hyped for this. I'm just waiting for the Eidos/Square Marvel games. They're making a comeback in the VG world lads.

I'm actually digging the suit, too. Especially the gloves.

If I have to see Eddie Brock, Cletus, or Agent Venom one more fucking time. Let me get symbiote Spider-Man for once, without the stupid aggro 'symbiote makes him angry' stuff. And that's just if they put the symbiote in, I'd prefer it not appear if they don't do anything new with it.

And God, PLEASE no more Goblin/Osborn drama. Talk about over done.

I question the decision to have Yuri Lowenthall voice him, though. I loved Prince of Persia, and Spidey is the king of parkour, so there's a funny connection there. Still, Barnes, Keaton, or even Romano (though he's better for a more cartoonish feel. Haven't seen heard him in a setting like this, but the PS1 games were great) seem like better choices.

Since it's a new developer I guess they wanted new VA's. Keaton and Barnes were Beenox. Lowenthal sounds good though, if a bit young for an experienced Spidey.

>PLEASE no more Goblin/Osborn drama

Nah, senpai.

There's an Osborn for Mayor billboard in the trailer, so...

I love the eyes and I kinda like the white.

They've been keeping the lid so tight on it I hope it's a sign they've been working their asses off. I wouldn't even mind if it got delayed until 2018, if it meant having the best Spidey game to date, and they didn't do something stupid... like stuff it full of too many characters. I just want a good game focused on the original.

youtube.com/watch?v=3R2uvJqWeVg

DOesn't necessarily mean Green Goblin. In some universes Osborn isn't the picture next to the definition of 'cockroach'.

Still, the trinity of nemesis is Osborn/Luthor/Joker for a reason, and man do you see those three very, very often.

Apparently, this part of the trailer was actual gameplay.

ASM2 was such a disappointment, it somehow managed to be worse than the game it was a sequel to. ASM 1 had better combat and, despite the fact that you'd eventually have absolutely nothing to do in the city, it looked better. All ASM2 had was more suits and a gimmicky left/right swinging mechanic that really wasn't, nor was it ever, needed.

Web of Shadows - cloud swinging = best spidey game
Fight me
youtube.com/watch?v=f_7uOrS_mvw

>And God, PLEASE no more Goblin/Osborn drama. Talk about over done.
Yeah, go fuck yourself.

The last time Norman even mattered in a video game was 2002. Since then its been endless Venom related shit.

I really liked Web of Shadows, except for his stupid voice.

And then there's this.

Webswinging in that game was so fun - you could go so fucking fast., Made ASM 2 look like a snail's pace in comparison.

Again, It'd be nice to see them not come back as villains. Something original, like having them not be villains would be a very nice change of pace.

Still, having the Goblin return as the main villain is pretty unimaginative. Like Arkham Origins unimaginative.

>Still, having the Goblin return as the main villain is pretty unimaginative. Like Arkham Origins unimaginative.

Not even close. Norman hasn't been a main villain since the first movie game, and I don't even know if that really counts. Venom and Mysterio, of all people, have been used more. Joker has been either the main villain or a major factor in nearly all Batman games.

Alternatively, I'd like to see Doc Ock as the main villain.

The voice acting was noticeably worse. Not that the first one was great, but it sounded really amateurish in ASM2.

Also, the writing was atrocious. I swear Peter lectured the villains at least once per fight.

I have my fingers crossed for this suit so much.

I meant that, after fighting Mr. Negative who's been shown to have some part in the story, it pulls an Origins and then you find out that, "Oh shit, it's the GREEN GOBLIN!" Like when you find out Black Mask was really the Joker in disguise, because for some reason there isn't an extended roster of rogues to choose from, it has to be those two, or Venom in Spidey's case.

Ock was good in Spider-Man 2 though, so I'll give you that. Annoying as hell to fight, but good.

And speaking of! Please let there be a mechanic to dodge gunfire. When was the last time we were able to do that again?

Why not villains that actually pose a threat, like the inheritors?

Yeah, and throw in Silk too! She'll be a faster, better, albeit slightly weaker, female Spider-Ma-

Kidding. I'd like Morlun, since I was a big fan of him under JMS's run, but only in that 'unstoppable force of nature you have to weather', like the Dahaka in Prince of Persia Warrior Within.

Then at the end, you can go full on Other and have, I hope, a good boss battle.

And then there'd be the Kaine dlc...

I personally thought the game's original story was unique and we got possible film world versions of several spidey villains

>Buying a game for the costumes

this is why modern AAA games are crap

We all know what we're dying to find out, and what will make or break this game: What is the web slinging mechanic? Every single game post SM2 has had shitty web slinging, either by moonswing or QTE bullshit. At this point Id take Web of Shadows again. But besides that, a lot of people want a decent rogues lineup and every costume under the sun

A spider-Man without multiple costumes to choose is like a Spider-Man game without good webslinging. It's always been either or, and for once, it could possibly BOTH. Hopes are high.

WoS's webswinging sfx was GOAT, too. Just so good to listen to. I wonder if Black Cat will be in it. Considering she's been in five games so far...

>not in high school
>not in college

B-b-but how will teh kids rel8, m8?

Web of Shadows had the best combat and webslinging. The QTE boss fights and voice acting sucked but it was mostly good.