Is he the loneliest of the main DC characters?

There is the trinity, there is Flash + Green Lantern (who also has other close friends).
On top of that he is divided between Atlantis and surface.
Is being a loner part of his appeal?

He has a whole Aquafamily. He even has a pet octopus/kraken/whatever the fuck.

He has a wife and a bunch of sidekicks so nah

He has a bitching hot wife with him almost all the time. I think he is fine

>He has a whole Aquafamily

Well...

His adventures with Wonder Woman are always pretty great. Their mythologies make a nice pair.

And considering the vicious blood feud between them in Flashpoint it'd make sense to assume in the regular verse they're good pals.

Isn't he banging one of the hottest and most dedicated redheads on the planet. Yeah, no. Arthur's doing fine.

I think it speaks to or I at least pretend it's mainly his duties as king that put him in a different situation than the rest of the league. Not even heroic shit but land disputes and taxes and healthcare. There's probably some kind of pollution management initiative he has to oversee. Signing off on permissions for surface dwellers to do research or claim salvage. If they just said Aquaman doesn't have time to develop inner League relationships like everyone else does, I'd totally buy it with little explanation.

He has a hot as fuck redhead waifu willing to do anything to him. ANYTHING. Who needs friends?

Also, he and Martian Manhunter were pals during JLA.
Some writers paired these two. if not for Mera, I think they would end up together.

This is what I always assumed, dude's too busy to be having adventures in space with GL or something

Aquafamily has Mera, Tempest, Aqualad (Jackson), and just regained Dolphin. He used to have Aquagirls I (Tula) and II (Lorena Marquez, Aqua-sidekick of Tim's generation) pre-Flashpoint.

Otherwise he's bros with Martian Manhunter and should really be best buds with Wondy to complete the circle of World's Finest (Supes/Bats) and Brave and the Bold (Lantern/Flash). So you have three pairs of two heroes each of the Big Seven who always hold their own solo books (IE, Supes/Bats/WW/Flash/GL/Aqua).

Hasn't that been a thing for Aquaman in the last few years? That he's not really close to anyone in the superhero community which makes him come off as kind of a loner even though he's actually a pretty friendly guy.

I suppose. and the movies seem to be going for that angle.

The new run plays on him feeling like he has no place

He teams up with Etrigan every once and again to stop Cthulhu from taking over the world.

Does he?

What's that from?

I just googled this phrase in google images. Guess what I got as first results

It's hard to not be a loner when anyone you get close to ends up dead in front of your eyes with the same nemesis standing over them again and again.

Oh, this is a Black Manta thread now.

>conveniently forgetting about Mera

Who needs friends when your wife is Mera? Why does this thread have so many replies

Truly, his Worst Best Friend.

You'd think he and Ollie would be better friends.

Not from anything anymore.

based manta

>caring about being lonely when he can sink his dick into that Mera ass whenever he wants

His friendship with Wondy is cute.

Topo is his octopus pal. He's not his pet any more than Jimmy is Superman's. This distinction is important to me.

Do they ever interact? Like at all. I can't remember any scene with them talking. You'd think Ollie would have a lot of opinions to share about monarchies.

The late 90's two issue arc of Wonder Woman where the two team up is literally the worst story in Wonder Woman history.

>tfw no slice-of-life sitcom with Manta as Aquaman's autistic neighbor/best friend who not-so-secretly hates him while Arthur's too busy looking on the bright side of everything to notice or care

>everybody in the deep blue sea, hates their stupid neighbor
>his name's Arthur and he's really, really gaaay
>once again he's wrecked my lair, (but) at least his son can't-breathe-air!
>I hate his guts and Arthur is his name!

Mera is best waifu so no

We really dont need Aquaman

he is best as a side c -list character

Keep Cyborg and bring back Martian

He has Martian Manhunter who at least subconsciously has always wanted to fuck him

Tula's around, although I don't know if Abnett has been using her.

Is there any DC superhero with a better wife than aquaman? Because mera is top tier

You could swap that for the much more broad "love interest" and the answer would still be no.