Does this still hold up as the best episode of Black Mirror?

Does this still hold up as the best episode of Black Mirror?

I hope not, that episode was all over the place. Whoever wrote it was probably binging coke, playing Wii Fit and watching American Idol at the same time when they came up with the idea, and it shows

for me, it's the one with the pedo kid

it was cringe

the best one is the one with jon hamm and that still lost its steam at the end

WC = Entire history of you > 15MM

everyone has a different "best" episode of black mirror

Some negro thinks man against fire is the best.

I dont know if its the best but this is my favourite.

> 95% of the episode is completely useless and inconsequential due to final twist

SO GOOD

Thats every episode.

could you relate to it?

Why do people like this show? It's not even good

>I'm watching San Junipero
>WOT IF YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO RELIVE YOUR YOUTH ETERNALLY IN A SIMULATION AFTER DEATH
>I would unironically turn it down

Man against fire is plebfilter

>every

I enjoy it but the creator is a cunt

This. Mostly because it felt so satisfying that a bad ending happened to someone so deserving. Felt bad for the politician lady making "racist" comments though. Was probably just trying to be realistic about refugees.

old Black Mirror
>actually satirizes social media group think

new Black Mirror
>haha take that virgin nerds

why is this?

That's not White Christmas

it's a sign of the times satan-san

>that poor husband has been waiting for his wife in heaven for years
>even as an old dying woman whores gotta whore

OI WUT IF EXERCISING WAS UR JOB, WOULD BE PROPA MENTAL, INNIT?

this is probably the 2nd best episode

someones jelly

>people who look at images deserve to have their lives ruined

Errrm

OI M8 WOT IF GUINEA PIGS HAVE PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORY THAT STAYS FOR HOURS

Bit off-topic but I watched that yesterday and it made me want to buy a miata and visit Cape Town.
Especially that night shot of the beach town, god damn
If you can afford at least a 55 inch TV with 4k and HDR do it and watch this episode, it looks great.

>what is entire history of you

>people who sexualize children deserve to be publically humiliated and imprisoned for life to be raped by Mohammed and Ahmed
FTFY

Black Mirror has aged like fucking goat milk.

You missed the point you pleb scum

>block every police officer
>block everyone in your town
>go around punching people in the face and committing crimes
>unblock everyone when alone
>repeat

Do tell the point then Mr patrician

What was his endgame?

apps r bad

he just wanted to live inside star trek

to look like matt damon on meth

YELLOWED

This. Black Mirror is not the intellectual, mind blowing, revolutionary show everyone says it is. It thrives in simple storylines combined with innovative sci-fi narrative tools. The simplest episodes, with everyday human drama, are always the best. Be right back is another good example even though the ending was a little dumb.

>OI WUT IF EXERCISING WAS UR JOB, WOULD BE PROPA MENTAL, INNIT?

Lets take it further, how about that idea?

WOT IF IN DE FUTURE DE ONLY JOB LEFT IS TO SUCK KNOBS? BUT NOT HUMAN KNOBS - ROBOT KNOBS! AND DEY DONT EVEN HAVE KNOBS ITS ALL SMOOTH PLASTIC DOWN DERE, YOU PRETEND YOU SUCKING AND DEY GIVE YOU VIRTUAL MONE CUZ ONLY ROBOTS HAVE JOBS NOW! Propa mental shite...

It was OK.
For me yes because I didnt even bother watchin the show after this

He was projecting the glory he thought he deserved for creating the game. A megalomaniac with low self-confidence in my opinion.

>DNA registers memories
I still can't accept this shit. It was SO fucking ridiculous. One of the most FUN episodes, though.

>that after credits scene of the pizza guy coming back with some homeboys kicking the door down and all of them beating the shit out of him in his chair while he's stuck in game world

Not "lel pedos are bad"

This. The episode was so relatable I was shedding manly tears at the end

Is there any reason to watch Black Mirror if I've already seen the original Twilight Zone run and the Outer Limits series from the 90s?

Wot if the prime minister had to shag a pig remains the high point. Although were it not for the heavy handed conversation with the truck driving lady Id have goid things to say about nosedive

No. No need to watch any new show if you've seen an older similar one. Might be worth it just to embrace death now.

No you've elevated yourself to a completely new level where nothing else will satisfy your superior intellect.

Black Mirror is overhyped and too full of its self, you won't miss anything by skipping it, but you can watch to see what's all the buzz about.

It is for me, I finally understood something after watching this episode

Its true to the T about life in this modern age

because any crap show can be fun to watch for 1-2 seasons, and some people just keep watching
i guess my answer is that I have no idea

It it just like basic political shit that has been said before each episode, masked with smoke and mirrors of sci fi shit? Thats what I am assuming.

this

yes

What is this? Using humans to burn shit instead of just burning it without humans and their cooling need and such? Busywork because of automation? Something else?

>A megalomaniac with low self-confidence in my opinion.

That's one of the biggest flaws about the episode in my opinion. In reality, a megalomaniac (or indeed a sociopath because that's really what they show him to be) doesn't have poor self confidence, they are supremely confident.

Like I get that the point was the dehumanization but it really didn't translate well, they wound up making the guy into 2 distinct characters which isn't realistic.

It's not all political, but yeah.

yes because those are different shows

I remember it being one of the weaker ones but after the two seasons Netflix has put out, it's pretty great in comparison

That episode was weird, those stationary bikes wouldn't even produce enough electricty to power the televisions they were watching let alone their entire society, how were the janitors/mechanics all fat if they were the ones doing most of the actual work?
Why was everybody living in a corporate hell hole arcology if there was nothing wrong with the rest of the world?
I think the show is way too interested in making a "point" rather than it's story making any kind of sense.

they're saying that modern life is banal and trivial and that our hopes and dreams aren't really important

it's a metaphor

as far as the logistics go, they're probably generating electricity.

>I think the show is way too interested in making a "point" rather than it's story making any kind of sense.
true

Like anybody involved in writing that show has an idea what a kilowatt hour is.

I would hang out in the simulation until the technology to reinstall my mind into some unit back in the real world were offered. Then I could continue on like nothing happened.

found the non-engineer

it's implied in the show, doesn't matter if it would work out in real life or not.

>>DNA registers memories
>I still can't accept this shit.

I don't fucking know why. It's like every arm chair scientist faggot around here thinks they know enough about the mechanisms of DNA or any microbiology to not be able to suspend their disbelief.

Why watch any sci-fi if this tiny fact that you really know nothing about is a hang up?

I would say they aren't generating anything but engagement with the screens in front of them. Black Mirror making an episode about black mirrors. Pottery.

this, utterly retarded

As long as it doesn't break any rules or continuity established in the episode, its irrelevant whether the science is real or not. This whole complaint is reddit-tier nitpicking

Yeah its made stationary bikes for niggers so they dont steal them. Truly ahead of its time

>new Black Mirror
DUDE CONSCIOUSNESS COPIES FOR EVERYONE LMAO

Maybe half of it its political

Arkangel tbqh

I'm a scientist and don't care. The episode would be boring if the cookies didn't have personality and memories. There's already several other episodes where they magically get all your memories and personality by sticking a little device (or inserting one) on the side of your head for a few seconds. That's not much more scientific.

Overrated episode desu

This
I genuinely like the episodes playing with "connection fucks up social relationships"

He looks like one of those albinos in Africa.

Goofy motherfucker.

>Arkangel was banned in Europe

Nigga if any place made Arkangel mandatory it would be Europe

Ah, budget Mat Damon

American education, folks! Come and see!
>(or indeed a sociopath because that's really what they show him to be) doesn't have poor self confidence, they are supremely confident.
That's why I didn't think he's a sociopath. To me he is just a normal person, desensitized and supremely entitled. Like, "it's okay for me to do this because I'm such an unrecognized genius. The world owes me after all the shit I've been through."

>Finally we escaped in the public server, now we can make contact wi-
>Flamer

I lol'd

OMG DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK WORKING FOR A LIVING IS LITERALLY LIKE SLAVERY? SMASH THE CAPITALISM
UPBOAT THIS IF YOU AGREE
EDIT: THANKS FOR THE GOLD, KIND STRANGER
EDIT 2: WOOHOO FRONTPAGE HERE WE GO

What are you even on about

WOT IF PHONE BAD

It's basically "redpill" for normies that stays within acceptable bounds of what you can say "omg what if technology was bad "

I have a masters in physics. If i let every scientific inconsistency in fiction break my suspension of disbelief I wouldn't enjoy anything, let alone science fiction. It's especially weird for you to be fixated on inaccuracies in science in an episode that parodies star trek.

Dude just turn your brain off lmao

I live in Europe and I've seen that episode
don't believe this user

They should've used cookies as a premise for the episode since they were already established in the mythos. The episode was really fun and held my interest til the end, but this DNA thing didn't make any sense. It's just a small, unimportant, part of the plot, obviously, but if we can't criticize it what the fuck are we doing here?

it's the dunning-kruger effect, they get really offended at what isn't "science" without realizing it's already inconsistent in a million other ways. DNA wouldn't even be enough to create an exact visual replica of a person - lifestyle affects how you look. It's not like Meth Damon had a "thicc" slider for example to make the person the right amount of fat. Scars, drinking, smoking, pollutants, stress, etc. Even twins can end up looking notably different by adulthood

>It's not like Meth Damon had a "thicc" slider in his own fucking design

I think he might had user

the show black mirror

WOT IF MIRRORS WERENT RACIST

>I could make the hot chick at work even thiccer
I would

The Pig One > The Paedo One > The Rest

>wh-whats happening to me? where am I?
>you are a cookie, a copy of your consciousness if you will
>a copy?
>BUT THICCER!
>wot

>But I'm just a copy of a conscience. Why would you make me thicc?
>...

Then you're a dumb European
That user was talking about the tech in the episode being banned in Europe, not the episode itself being banned in real life.

Is there such a thing as a speedwatcher?