>Only one IP posting

Kinda sad.

Infinity Train was cancelled for this?

Not as sad as this show.

No, it's about as sad.

>"""""""quirky""""""" manchild protag

its shit.

i'm reasonably certain he's just a child

Will there be ANY redeeming qualities to this show? Yet to be seen.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=adP9HUcCSpE For anyone who wants to see them. The theme song is pretty good. The art style seems to change a bit in every clip. This isn't exactly bad but it really doesn't seem like anything special.

what the fuck are you talking about?
this is adorable, and the characters are great. it's a fresh change for how things have been on the network lately.

>Samefagging this hard
What is this autism?

>Two people agree
>"SAMEFAG"

Learn how ID system works. First 2 posts in the thread had 1 ID.

At least I'm not autisically screeching about it like OP and a few others here.

>fresh change
>Lazy Calarts style
>It's action, but lol not really
>episodic plot with no real direction
>Idiot child protagonist who's not very capable or competent
>Oh so Wacky and Zany humor
Shill please

>Shill please
Cartoon hater please

>IDs
>On Sup Forums

This is cute so far. But people are going to mock the alternating art styles as reasons that the show is bad.

>episodic plot
the others are valid but this is autistic

This is pretty cute, dunno why the OP is being such an autist about it.

It seems it's going to be serialized, which is a nice change of pace.

>OK KO crew

Ian Jones-Quartey (creator, animation director on Venture Bros, writer/boarder on Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, storyboard supervisor on Adventure Time, and director on Steven Universe)

Toby Jones (Supervising Director; writer/boarder on Regular Show, creator of AJ's infinite summer)

John Pham (Art Director; lead designer on Problem Solverz, art director on various Animation Domination Hi-Def shows)

Jeremy Polgar (Supervising Board Artist; animator at Titmouse and an animator on Masaaki Yuasa's Space Dandy episode, storyboard artist on Teen Titans Go!)

>Board Teams

Geneva Hodgson (character designer on Teen Titans Go, did a short for Adventure Time, co-creator of Tattletail) and Mira Ongchua (storyboard revisionist on TMNT)

Dave Alegre (additional storyboard artist on the netflix Home series) and Haewon Lee (straight up lives in korea)

Ryann Shannon (storyboard revisionist on the netflix home series) and Parker Simmons (animator at titmouse)

Stevie Borbolla (storyboard artist on Teen Titans Go) and Danny Ducker (storyboard revisionist and later writer/boarder on We Bare Bears)

They're talking about the unique poster count, user.

I liked some clips better than others but overall I think it's pretty good.

He is. He's straight up Strip Mall Goku.

>The villain is Claw combined with Dr. Wily combined with Dr. Robotnik
>voiced by Jim Cummings
I'm intrigued.

>episodic plot with no real direction
actually Ian JQ confirmed there's gonna be an overarching plot (albeit with a "goofy parody" tone rather than something that's meant to be taken seriously)

The intro is so damn catchy

That's the last thing I want from this but hopefully, this doesn't go the same route SU and AT did.

I really hate the rough line work. It gives it an annoying MS paint effect

SU ruined cartoons, jesus fuck.

well creator Ian JQ did play a major role in SU

/n/ here to remind you strip malls are inherently terrible

That's why the voice sounded so familiar...

What the fuck is /n/?

give us the episodes or fuck off turner shill

Trains and Bikes

this looks worse than Youtube trash!

...Is there a reason why? It seems kind of stupid given they are smaller than a mall but still large enough usually to have a bunch of stuff conveniently close to each other

Cute, the VAs are pretty weak though and the animation could really use some work.
Also the designs are way too simplistic for their own good.

Strip malls only occur in suburbia, and are always hideous. They're just inferior to a real urban area, and that doesn't include a shopping mall. I'm mostly joking about how bad they are.

I think OK KO is cute, but tries too hard to combine mundane facets of life with video game stereotypes and an 80's aesthetic.

>urban /n/ fag
Worst class of people.

The shows quality will be determined by how often Jim Cummings speaks. to this day he is still my favorite Robotnik.

It's pretty decent as far as I'm concerned.
While the style fluctuates, the proportions remain sinilar, and the animation is consistent within each ep.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ob6I2L5zXaQ

Strip malls are at least more convenient when compared to regular malls, while being equally as depressing.

>tfw the local Pizza Hut moves a mile out and is replaced by a bank, and the only reason people go there is because it still reeks of pizza, even after several years

A very slow board for bus riding degenerates because they are too poor to afford a car.

>lazy calarts style
when will this meme stop?
first off ian JQ didn't go to calarts.
2nd off, calarts ain't got a style. go look at this year's films from them and tell me they all look the same.

Plus I heard that the traditional style they do teach is more "glen keane" than what usually gets described as calarts

The blue alien looking guy sounds VERY familiar. He do some stuff before?

Wallow from Bravest Warriors

Reminds me hard of Parappa the Rappa anime. Especially the opening.

So is this just M Hero Academia for american children?

i've seen this comparison a few times on twitter and it makes me glad that BNHA is the new gateway anime for kids with no other point of reference

I know what other anime is you dip. It's just the most obvious comparison.

ok

I don't think he was attacking you user, I think he's being sincere and is a fan

half and half

THIS IS MY FUCKIN JAM!
i'm stoked now, i'm really diggin this
I wish they would call him "knock out" instead of "kay-oh" i think that would be a cooler name

Really?

>Infinity train was cancelled for this?
Good, Infinity train looked like shit, the main charecter was an annoying bitch, and it's just another generic mystery story that everyone eats up.

>Infinity train
>generic
As opposed to quirky noodle kids yell fighting?
Enjoy being the lowest common denominator.

Of hat part of goofy parody did you not understand?

You post about cartoons and comics in a Japanese anime board.
We're all the lowest common denominator.

OK KO actually predates My Hero Academia, back when it was called Lakewood Plaza Turbo.

Most of us probably pirate everything anyway.
We aren't even part of the equation.

>This guy watches children's cartoons for high-level storytelling and complexity
>Then wants to talk about them on an Electronic Chinese Food Delivery Homepage

Not really.
YouTube animation isn't even a thing anymore.

>this guy moves the goalposts

1. How did it ruin anything because
2. SU isn't long lived or influential enough to make an impact.

He's not wrong though.

Blame Adventure Time, it started the whole trend of simplified character designs and overarcing plot

I can't wait for a new trend to come up so that we can all trash it and find a scapegoat.

I'm not moving goalpost because I was never the one saying Infinity Train is generic, just that calling people the LCD for enjoying simple and fun cartoons is fucking pretentious.

To be wrong he would have to make an actual point.

Why is plot suddenly a bad thing in western animation?
Especially considering that episodic cartoons outnumber plot cartoons by a wide margin.

>it's not a logical fallacy if it's not based on MY argument
Your a fucking idiot.

His point is pretty clear; if you're going to be pretentious about children's cartoons, you're going to look like a fag.

Hey numb nuts, he just said he wasn't the same guy.

Woah woah woah
Let's not blame AT for this considering AT was never plot driven, and usual only focused on the plot in small doses (though it was usually to the show's detriment to have an overarching plot at all)

Because when you combine it with an episodic cartoon it ends up being a fucking mess, and a lot of shows likes this have the potential to be good if they had scrapped their plot all together.

If you're going to call everyone you disagree with pretentious without making any argument at all for why, your going to look like an illiterate tard.
Case in point: this illiterate tard.

>signed off on 5 seasons

>Posters: 35
>Replies: 82

Being this autistic

He wasn't an illiterate tard, you've literally been arguing with the wrong guy.

Besides the argumentum ad logicam, this is completely irrelevant because I wasn't attacking your argument that Infinity Train isn't generic. I was attacking your argument that there is such a thing as a lowest common denominator for shows meant to simple and fun is absolutely ridiculous, and was a completely unneccesary ad hominem attack.

See that's the thing; you and others see overarching plot as inherently bad because it was mishandled in a few shows. But the problem isn't plot itself, just writers unable to handle the balance. If anything, certain shows would be better if they focused more on the plot than shy away from it.

And really, for all their flaws, SU and GF would be pretty aimless and boring if they didn't have a plot to move them along.

I don't get why people keep complaining that western animation will never reach the same heights as anime, yet they want to keep all cartoons episodic comedies. Which is it?

You're the only who has been called pretentious due to the fact that you argued based on that you have more merit or that someone else has less because of their taste in cartoons, you are attempting to create a sense of importance and superiority through these claims by dismissing other's as "lowest common denominators."

So I have to ask,
[pic related]

It's like people forget that Avatar was a thing.

Plus, it's not fair to compare AT to other plot driven shows. AT was originally episodic and didn't get an overarching plot until way later in the show. Shows like GF and SU on the other hand were made with a plot in mind.

So you can't gut out plot with other shows like you can with AT.

>all the people ITT falling for the b8 from that one shitposter
inb4 everyone's a shill

I haven't, anyone who has is probably stupid because they could just go watch anime.

But if you want to make a good serious drama, then it should not be episodic, it should be a fully serialized show. Adding comedic elements is fine.

Very few examples of it working.

In fact, both SU and GF are/were held back by their plots.

Both of these shows were at their best when they weren't focused on their plots and they had great premises outside of the plots.

SU could have been a great show were a young kid and his alien family fought a bunch of weird monsters in cool and alien places, structures and temples. At at the beginning, this was what the show was, and it was much more charming and likable because of it.

GF was a show about two kids on a summer vacation in a town where weird and mysterious stuff happened everywhere.
GF is a bit different, the plot and mystery was built in, but, over the course of the show in most of the episodes it took a complete sideline to the episodic adventure, it really didn't disrupt the show much, and when the show had to bring a plot point to a conclusion it ended having plot episodes, and those episodes were usually far less watchable than the other episodes and were downright confusing if you hadn't seen all the build up to it. As well as the fact that this created a goal for the main characters that one of them was clearly a detriment to despite the fact that had there been no pressure on her to improve as a person and her completely not doing that, she might have been charming and humorous just as she was. But because her character didn't just cause bad shit that was wiped away in the episode and instead had world destroying consequences funny quirks turned into infuriating character flaws. All leading up to a disappointing conclusion that can either be seen as the show spending too much time on random events that ultimately meant nothing time, or having the plot at all

Are we really pretending Avatar wasn't a fully serialized show?

>In fact, both SU and GF are/were held back by their plots.
I've seen enough townie episodes to say you're full of shit.

>But because her character didn't just cause bad shit that was wiped away in the episode and instead had world destroying consequences funny quirks turned into infuriating character flaws.
Yes, because how dare a character have any flaws that can't be passed off as harmless quirks.

And are people seriously still defending status quo is god?

>SU could have been a great show were a young kid and his alien family fought a bunch of weird monsters in cool and alien places, structures and temples. At at the beginning, this was what the show was, and it was much more charming and likable because of it.
To use your own quote, if you wanted that, why not just watch anime?

I think its gonna be like rick and morty where theres a story,but its not the main focus.That works better than "deep lore" shows.