This film was the most true to the source material, was a critical and financial success...

This film was the most true to the source material, was a critical and financial success, and is loved even by comics fans who hate Tim Burton.

Why doesn't Sup Forums like this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

batman-online.com/content/benjaminrobinsonthesis.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>true to the source material
>kills people no problem
>Joker killed his parents
>Catwoman isn't Catwoman
>Penguin is a mutated freak who lives with penguins

In what universe is it true to the source material? Don't get me wrong, I like this movie, but it's way more of adaptation of 60s' series than comics.

Sup Forums has no film criticism ability. They watch Wonder Woman or Guardians 2 and think it's a 9/10 movie

It's slow-paced and boring. Tim Burton couldn't direct an action scene if his life was on the line.

>>Catwoman isn't Catwoman
>>Penguin is a mutated freak who lives with penguins
but they're both scary crazy effective supervillains that work in context

But they're not at all true to the source material like the op claims.

>kills people no problem

Sooo....He's true to the source material?

Sup Forumsck suckers that are casual fans of comics, and disregard the original run of Batman written by Bob Kane where he snapped peoples necks, threw them off tall buildings, throw them into swords, and even fucking shot people with guns.

oh right
welp, OP is dumb but it's a good movie

Don't you have a DCEU General you should be posting in?

That's the sequel, not Batman 1989.

Also, Joe Chill has to be one of the dumbest Batman storylines to have come out of the Bronze age.

Nobody on this earth would call Guardians 9/10.

Just like with the Raimi movies, pure unadulterated Sup Forumsntrarianism

These people will rather cling on a superficial checklist of "comic-accurate" points instead of a coherent narrative, whatever the take is

The TASM movies tried to turn the thing into Batman Begins material, but because Spidey has webshooters all is forgiven and the movie gets reinterpreted as the most faithful ever. BvS only needed a couple of recreated panels from TDKR and suddenly it's the best adaptation since whatever, Nolan and Burton be damned

Idiots anonymous or famous like Kevin Smith spreading rumors that directors like Burton or Raimi secretly hated comics don't help.

Where the heck is that pic of the user hugging rotten movies when i need it

Sup Forums hates Raimi? What the fuck?

You have no idea. They bitch that all the characters are a total betrayal of the originals because for example Peter is a passive loser instead of one that would murder Flash if he had the chance, and that he should be a confident alpha when talking to MJ and stuff

Sup Forums doesn't like this movie? News to me.

>why doesn't Sup Forums like this thing
>I've never seen many people overly upset about said thing
It's like OP has no idea how to start a normal discussion.

>and that he should be a confident alpha when talking to MJ and stuff

Isn't he a complete loser in the comics?

It's true that in the comics he was more resentful than "whiny" as these people call Raimi's, but my point is that they focus on these meaningless details, they make mountains out of molehills and call the movies as unfaithful as they could. Passive loser, resentful loser - still a loser, it's not a drastic departure, and movies have a limited runtime so Peter's loser status has to be conveyed more quickly and efficiently

I love Batman 89, and absolutely hate Raimi's Spider-Man. Burton's Batman, at least the original one, the second one I have issues with, was corny but it had the right level of being corny and actually fitting with the era it came out in. Raimi's Spider-Man was trying to capture a generic "old school comic vibe" that was generic, and not an "old school Spider-Man comic" vibe, it was just generic, maudlin bullshit that casuals praise for being campy, without realizing it was campy in a generic way rather than a Spider-Man way

Spider-Man is my favorite comic character of all time, and I like Batman but really don't care about DC comics much at all, just isn't what I grew up with. Take that as you will.

>why does this board hate ___________
>guaranteed replies
Every. Single. Time. No. Freaking. Exceptions.

It's mostly the same autist who's either trolling or a genuine retard.
You can recognize him by every praise of Raimi's Spider-Man being met with "you just don't read comics"

I just hate Tim Burton, simple as that. I hate his unbelievably dull "gothic" style that he tries to shoehorn into every movie,
The only things by him that I liked were Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands.

>>kills people no problem

Yeah lets not cast stones, cuck.

I think you have it the other way around, pretty sure it's just one Raimi fag who keeps spamming the board with unfunny memes and insisting Spider-Man 2 specifically is the GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME

You can tell because they always say THE TRAIN SCENE

Yeah, because Raimi fans are such a minority, obviously only one guy could be talking about them

>he's that delusional

>From 1939 to 1940 is the only canon

Yeah because people who dislike Raimi's movies are such a minority,obviously only one guy could be talking about them.
Look, I'll level with you faggots assuming you're not the samefag (which you are), I often shit on Raimi movies and I see other people who feel the same way all the time

It is just a common fact that most people who think Raimi's movies are the GOAT COMIC MOVIES HURRR, usually are not big Spider-Man fans otherwise, half the time they admit it and think Spider-Man sucks outside of Raimi's shit

Oh fuck off with your condisending bullshit. Bob Kane is a fucking hack and you know it, his orignal run is a straight up Shadow ripoff. It was Bill Finger who create the real Batman and make him unique.

Nice story, brah

And yes, TASM fans/Raimi haters are the minority just look... anywhere really, SM1 and 2 are widely considered masterpieces of the genre and no amount of shitposting will turn them into the comics-disregarding tragedy you keep painting them as

Yep, he is just that delusional.
You can stop pretending that you're not samefagging, you're always recognizable.

Wait a sec, let me predict it.
He'll be saying how only "casuals" can like those and everyone who reads comics all believe that Raimi's movies are shit beyond redemption.

Plenty of people know Raimi's trilogy is overrated trash, sorry. People on this board think Batman and Robin was good too, doesn't mean it was to anybody with taste.

Furthermore
>masterpieces of the genre
KEK, maybe if you're like 19 years old or younger, any of us who are actual adults had way better comic book movies all through childhood, fuck off nostalgiafag

>muh anecdotes
>false equivalences
>n-nostalgiafag
>I-I'm totally older than you
Just end your life at this point. All you're ever doing is being an autistic pain in the ass and bringing cancerous contrarian shitposting.

K, Raimi's Spider-Man is still hot garbage that only appeals to people who had it as their only exposure to Spider-Man, not Spider-Man fans at large

No they aren't, the penguin is made too obviously evil for his role in the plot and Catwoman is given the generic batman "thing happened and crazy" backstory.

You realize that you're as pathetic as barneyfag at this point, right?
Actually, I take that back. Barneyfag is at least entertaining. You're just annoying.

Can you please fuck off with this "no true Scotsman" bullshit?

Really don't get what this is supposed to prove. But thanks for writing me a note, show me your brown asshole.

Barneyfag isn't entertaining, he's a SICKNESS.
Furthermore, you don't know who I am, because like I said, there are plenty of people who do not like Raimi's campy maudlin bullshit.

>Brockfag autist
>backing off
He's been doing this for years. It's always the same song and dance.
>WAHH RAIMI SUCKS WAHH WAHH
>well I disagree and here's why
>WAHH U DON'T READ COMICS WAHH FAKE GEEKS UNDERAGE WAAH
The only reason he's not treated like Barneyfag is because no one cares about him.
By the way, I'll go back to reading Remender's Venom. It's bloody fantastic, way better than nostalgiafag pandering Costa keeps pushing and definitely better than everything Eddie Brock has ever been in.
>he keeps pushing "i-it wasn't me" bullshit
Ok, kid.

>>Brockfag autist
>>backing off
>He's been doing this for years. It's always the same song and dance.
Hahahah, I should have known. For someone who bitches about "samefagging" I sure come across you constantly don't I, Flashfag.

In any case Flash is dead, bury him.

>the original run of Batman written by Bob Kane
Kane estate pls, you've already lost

>samefag
So, you're too dumb to even know the meaning of that word.
The only reason we keep meeting is because you're a legit autist and I just love arguing with autists. No one else gives a fuck about you.

As for Flash, all good things come to an end eventually. I'll take pleasure in knowing that it's the best thing to ever happen to Venom.

My favourite Batman film. But than, I dont read comics.

>So, you're too dumb to even know the meaning of that word.
As are you
>The only reason we keep meeting is because you're a legit autist and I just love arguing with autists.
The only reason we keep meeting is because you're the Spider-Man 2 spammer, in fact you just made the new Spider-Man 2 thread on this board, you're so transparent it's hilarious. You are part of a minority, and you make the majority of the forced meme threads, it's fucking hilarious.
>As for Flash, all good things come to an end eventually. I'll take pleasure in knowing that it's the best thing to ever happen to Venom.
Fair enough if you think that, you're not only a Spider-Man casual, but a Venom casual, kek.

>written by Bob Kane

>N-no u
Off yourself, please. No one would ever miss you.
>look at this bogeyman I made up to justify shitting up every thread that does as much as say something positive about Raimi
>liking one of the most popular and critically-acclaimed superhero movies is being a "minority"
Holy shit, that delusion.
>I have no argument, better screech c-casual
You're absolutely embarrassing.

If you want to argue just why Raimi's Spider-Man sucks, I'm more than willing to tell you why it sucks.

But I doubt you could actually come up with a coherent argument, you're just a fanboy who spews ad hominems without ever making a single point, very feminine angry girlfriend esque approach to debating something.

Retard, you can never tell why it sucks. You just throw your shitty opinion and expect everyone to treat it as a fact then insult people who disagree with you, you worthless faggot
I wish cancer upon you and I mean it as unironically as can be. You're an opinionated, absolutely retarded pain in the ass.
>who spews ad hominems without ever making a single point
Hypocrisy sure is fun. No that I'd expect your autistic ass to have any semblance of self-awareness.

You never make any argument other than "the movie didn't copy the comics the way i perceive it specifically should, so it's crap", there's nothing to refute

>Being this angry
Topkek
Oh, is this you too? Or do two people magically recognize who I am based solely on my opinion about certain movies

In any case I'll tell you why Raimi's trilogy sucks.
Peter Parker being nothing like Peter Parker, being a nerd has always been part of his character, he was never the crybaby outdated stereotype presented in the Raimi films.

The movies were too corny, they tried too hard in the dialogue and such to convey a "this is a comic book movie, and comic books are old!" feeling, and it's bullshit, when the movies go camp it's damn near Schumacher Batman level camp and nobody wants that, especially when it doesn't even properly line up with the franchise it's representing, it attempted to portray the generic normie's opinion of what comic books represent rather than actually trying to portray classic Spider-Man comics. Some of the dialogue and acting is downright cringe worthy and nothing less.

The action sucked, hardly any of the action is reminiscent of Spider-Man, the way he swings around may as well be Tarzan, the way he moves may as well be Superman, the way he throws punches may as well be any generic action hero. The Amazing Spider-Man movies, while more flawed as actual movies, were a HUGE step forward in terms of giving us action that accurately represents Spider-Man and how he uses his powers and moves

Sup Forums is pretty small overall, and you never miss the chance to shit on these movies, so yeah, the circle gets smaller, it's mine again

And in fact you're still spouting the same shit you said in multiple threads

>literally N-NOT MUH
Good thing you wasted all that time saying absolutely nothing of value.
>action sucked
>WAHH WHO CARES THAT THE STAKES FEEL REAL AND PUNCHES HAVE WEIGHT TO THEM HE'S NOT JUMPING AROUND LIKE IN MUH COMICS

Batman 1989 is a lot of fun, but Returns is a masterpiece and proves that you can make something that's both an autuer's singular vision/interpretation of Batman while also being a good movie at the same time.

It's ten times more interesting then Snyder's tired metaphors and symbolism.

Which is dumb because he jumps around constantly. I remember this one scene where Ock had to pull his leg to stop him and shit. The action's great, it's like he lives in bizzarro world

>The Amazing Spider-Man movies, while more flawed as actual movies, were a HUGE step forward in terms of giving us action that accurately represents Spider-Man and how he uses his powers and moves

The action in the ASM movies was awful. It had a couple neat ideas visually, but as actual set-pieces they had zero weight to any of the punches and had the kind of crappy, overly-intricate clockwork bullshit that ruined Peter Jackson's movies since King Kong.

This thread isn't even about these movies, I assure you it's merely coincidental and that I'm not the only one with this opinion
>>WAHH WHO CARES THAT THE STAKES FEEL REAL AND PUNCHES HAVE WEIGHT TO THEM
First of all, the stakes? You must be a child of the MCU generation to assume actually having stakes is something rare for action movies, that was kind of required BACK IN THE DAY, it is not deserving of praise when it should be the standard
Secondly, weight to them? Lol, all the action in Raimi's movies felt like they were floating on thin air

But hey, way to prove you're not a petulant dumbass by responding to nothing I've said while I continue to respond to everything you say

I don't know what he's talking about to be honest. That final fight with Green Goblin made me wince a couple of times from how brutal it looked.
Nothing in Webb's movies comes close.
>inb4 hurr not lik muh comics
Because Spider-Man never just fought using only fists instead LE WEBBING LE ACROBATCIS, right?

I have to step in here and say the action in ASM was way better, in the original movies it was just kind of generic

Have you ever seen these movies even? They had some of the loudest punch noises i can remember in cinema, the hell they don't have weight

Yeah. I actually make a point to watch them at least once a year, when was the last time you watched them? For me it was about a month ago.

>I-I'm not alone, guys
This is pathetic at this point. Shut the fuck up already.
>to assume actually having stakes is something rare for action movies
Keep being an obtuse moron and putting words in my mouth. I'm sure you won't be Sup Forums's laughingstock soon enough.

Because Webb's garbage had any weigh-- Oh no, it didn't. At all. Fuck off already.
>petulant dumbass
You must be really quick, because irony always evades you. If you think, "not muh" and "I don't like it so it sucks" is a good argument for anything, you're even dumber than I thought.

Wouldn't know, but i had the DVDs years ago, seen them dozen of times. What can i say, I'm baffled by your opinions. You're not the only one obviously, but I'll never understand you guys

>action in ASM was way better
Where?
"le generic" is not an argument nor saying anything about the quality.

Manchildren.

Also it doesn't look like a cheap TV show.

>not a single argument to be made, just insults
You're a girl or a child, not worth talking to anymore.
I watch the Raimi movies all the time, keep in mind I was a kid when they came out and loved them...I still have action figures and boxer shorts from those days, it doesn't matter to me. I still watch them and my opinion has changed because quite frankly I think they suck, what's funny is everybody talks about how bad 3 sucks, when everything that sucked about it was present in the other two movies as well.

>not a single argument to be made, just insults
What did I say about irony and lack of self-awareness?
> everything that sucked about it was present in the other two movies as well.
Except that's wrong you complete and utter retard. 3 sucked because it crammed too much shit (like your shitty favorite character which I'm glad got butchered) and never had the chance to develop it properly unlike the first two movies.

You're cute, I bet I could fuck your pussy or boipussy better than that crippled nobody

> 3 sucked because it crammed too much shit
Not really, it did a really good job of managing 3 villains, only two of which needed an introduction and it managed to get the job done. It sucked for entirely different reasons, that I've already listed.

>it did a really good job of managing 3 villains
And now I can completely discard your garbage opinions.
>reasons, that I've already listed
You mean, your shitty subjective opinions? Good job.

The whole "more than one villain = bad moveeeee" thing is an opinion held by casuals only. Bet you've never seen Batman Returns.

Learn english.

The problem with 3 is that Venom is introduced and killed in the blink of an eye, and that the conflict with Harry was resolved too quickly

I too agree it's not as bad as people say, but it could've been done better

I understand that you're a complete fucking imbecile and it's easier for you to put words into someone's mouth and act all high and mighty rather than comprehend what was said, but shut up if you can't say anything of value.

Show nudes or gtfo

>I'M SO FUNNY XD
Kill yourself?

This is always such a bullshit excuse.

Go ahead, name one movie that's actually based on this original version of Batman. None of them are, every single one of them is based on one of the many modern continuities where he has a clear no-kill rule.

You can argue whether or not sticking to the source material is important, but if you try to claim that any of these movies are based on the original Bob Kane version where he did kill people, you're flat out bullshitting.

I don't know, that's my favorte catwoman cause she was interesting.

that's true, old batman killed a lot of people

YOu can keep saying that, it's still wrong.

It's the only Burton movie I like, probably because executives toned down all his autism

I don't hate Raimi Spiderman, I do think they are over rated and I think a lot of people let some stupid shit pass off as LOL CHEESY and Toby McGuire wasn't as good as Garfield. But I can also appreciate the good the movies had going for them which people focus on too much. The three Raimi films are all 6/10

i don't think i've ever seen a shittier opinion in my life. this whole post, god damn

>Batman Returns
If you meant Batman 89 then maybe.
But Batman Returns was explicitly not meant to be faithful to the source material at all, it was entirely a Tim Burton movie starring Batman characters that disregarded the source material in favor of artistic reinvention.

I'm not him, but Burton's first Batman movie actually was based on the original version of Batman. He was given explicit orders by the studio executives to make it so because he only knew Batman through the TV show when he signed on to do it, and they wanted to make Batman a dark character again so he could leave the days of camp and the accusations of homosexual undertones behind (this is also why Robin was removed from the movie and why Batman was given a romantic subplot).
Read up on this if you don't believe me
batman-online.com/content/benjaminrobinsonthesis.pdf

>Wonder Woman, Guardians of the Galaxy are the best films evah!
>Batman 89 and Sam Raimi Spider-Man are sooooo boooring
Let it never be said that Sup Forums is not populated by underage posters

But I love Batman Returns.

Watch it every Christmas.

Batman 89 is a garbage movie that people only like for nostalgia reasons.

As someone who's seen 89 more time than I've seen every other capefilm combined, it's honestly very mediocre and flawed. And Returns is trash.

Spider-Man 2 still holds up.

The 'Case of the Chemical Syndicate' is a shadow rip off, but that's about it other then some art tracing.

BvS is brilliant user, but '89 and Returns are far better films, i don't think anybody will try an refute that

Batman 89 was a mediocre mess of a movie that was only held together by great set design by Anton Furst (which would be outdone by Bo Welch in the sequel), Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson. Burton said as much himself that it wasn't all that.

Now Batman Returns, on the other hand, is the much superior film and the unsung masterpiece of the Batman film series, precisely because Tim Burton told WB to go fuck themselves and made the movie he wanted to make. Too bad Burton got kicked off the series for it because WB wanted to sell toys.

>girl/fake nerd
Die
You're correct
Stop trying to ride the coattails of Batman 89 lol, you fucking queer. Raimi's Spider-Man is the same kind of faggotry GOTG is. it is NOWHERE near Batman 89, Wonder Woman is at least in the same hemisphere, that garbage is on another planet you pathetic little PUKE

The biggest problem with 3 really is the lack of focus though. It's not a matter of it being multiple villains.
Sam Raimi said as much multiple times he did not like Venom and had no intention to include him in the movies, but Sony forced him to because Venom is stupidly popular. So he gave him the shittiest arc and conflict possible almost as if out of spite for whoever forced him to include him.

Spider-Man 4 seemed like it would have been much better (we could have finally gotten Bruce Campbell to play a main part as Mysterio) but by this point I think Raimi was just tired and he knew Sony wanted to reboot the whole thing eventually.

it pains me that people like you exist

Seeing where Sony's gone since makes it almost impossible to take their side. Not that I ever did.

Spider Man 4 was getting even more executive meddling than 3 to the point Raimi said "Fuck this shit, I'm out", Sony had the reboot plans ready in case that happened.

>le fake nerd XDDD
You die first, retarded brockfag. I hope your cancer will be slow and painful.

It pains me that this board has been flooded by immigrants from Sup Forums, but it is what it is, idn't it?

Yeah, i know. And it wasn't even just being forced to use Venom, execs also influenced HOW he had to use him. The opening of the movie and introduction of the symbiote was supposed to be a bombastic landing of a space shuttle in NY like in TAS, but Sony wouldn't allow it for budget reasons

But all in all I'm still glad the movie exists, there's enough good stuff to make me ignore the problems